[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, Aluavin said:

Hi,

my Nextcloud was working previously. However  the current update breaks it in a way where I cant access my Files right now - which is an issue. Nextcloud runs on the Domain https://nextcloud.domain.tld/updater/

I'm running the mentioned docker and tried to update nextcloud withing the UI. However It won't do the job. I'm stuck at

Step 6 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.

So I I tried to searh a bit on how to fix it. It's also mentioned in this thread here, however the only suggestion was "give it a little time" - which doesnt work for me because this message appeard for like a week. Generally it seems like deleting the File within the docker /data/updater-xxxxxx/.step will bring you back to the Updater - which is a step backwards, but it is working.

Than set in in the appdater/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php the parameter

'maintenance' => false,

However, If I make a request to to nextcloud dashboard I still see the message Update in progress.

So all I can do is to head over https://nextcloud.domain.tld/updater/ and start the process again - which I did multiple times. I even ssh into the docker and renamed the /data/updater-xxxxxx to a different name. The Folder was than created successfull when I entered the /updater URL and ran the process.

One suggestion which I also tried was to run occ - which doesnt run at all due to

Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ

So I thought hey maybe a permission issue and googled. However, this file seems to only exsist within the Updater Folder, so when I run inside the folder

root@dockerid:/data/updater-oci1k05iuicv/downloads/nextcloud

the command

sudo -u abc php occ maintenance:mode

it seem to work, so naturally I tried

sudo -u abc php occ maintenance:mode
Maintenance mode is currently disabled

Which is the same which is noted in the unraid/appdata - File mentioned above.

However, when I try to access the UI I still get the message

Update in process.

I am completly lost and a bit mad right now. Can someone please tell me on how I might get my instance back and running? I will check in later in here because it is 2:35 in my timezone and i have to start working in a couple of hours but I'll check in later.

Restore backup, then update via CLI would be your best bet - save you from hitting timeouts incurred by the UI updater 👍

Hello,

I tried to update to 24.0.5, but now my web UI is stuck with this message

Update in process.

But my real problem is I now want to restore from the backups made by the updater but every time I try to run occ

Could not open input file: occ

Thanks in advance

Hi !

I'm having an issue with my Nextcloud 24 instance, I get a "something went wrong" in the background tasks, that is 7 days old.

It runs on default setting "Cron", i tried to switch to Webcron, to test if it got better, but it switches back automatically to Cron a few minutes later.

What can I do to solve this problem ?

I have set up a small unraid server with three SSD's in the array. I installed nextcloud with db etc and everything is working fine, except all files are saved in app data, instead of on the nextcloud share I made. I have confirmed the data path in the docker is set to the nextcloud share, but it still writes new files to app data.

Any leads on how I can pin down the issue?

I've had Nextcloud working fine for well over a year, but now my devices say the server is unavailable. Checking the server, NC is stuck in maintenance mode. If I manually turn maintenance mode off, the web ui then says there's an update to the mail app. When I try to update it, it says an error occurred and it goes back into maintenance mode.

The "detailed logs" after the failed update says:

Preparing update

Set log level to debug

Turned on maintenance mode

Repair step: Repair MySQL collation

Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do

Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement

Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

Updating database schema

Updated database

An error occurred.

So I'm stuck with either a mail update screen or a maintenance mode screen. Both result in a server that is unavailable/offline.

I just updated to the latest nextcloud version, hoping that would knock out the issue, but no luck.

I don't use the mail app, so I'm also fine if that could just be disabled to get around this.

I still consider myself an unRAID/docker novice, but I can follow instructions. 😄 

Thanks for any help!

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

After the last update nextcloud crashes my server completely. I only have access via SSH but no logs no nothig.
I can't even access /mnt. I have to reboot from SSH and starts with parity check after.

Is anyone having issues like this?

I used this container for years now bot from time to time it comes to something like this. 

Mine is also totally dead. i cant connect to the webui after i updated not locally or from https.

I dont see anything in the log that seem unusual.

I has worked like a charm right before last update

Hello All,

I a couple of days ago I updated the nextcloud docker and now the site is stuck at a Welcome to Our Server screen. I've been trying to troubleshoot myself, but have not found a solution. I did not change anything so I don't know what happened. There is nothing in the logs for nextcloud or swag that gives me a clue as to what the problem is. I updated nextcloud using the update command docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar to the latest version 24.0.5 thinking that would fix it, but still nothing. I saw there was another docker update today and I ran that, but still the same Welcome to Our server message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Nextcloud error_2022-09-26_20-31.png

Edited by Ben4
4 hours ago, Ben4 said:

Hello All,

I a couple of days ago I updated the nextcloud docker and now the site is stuck at a Welcome to Our Server screen. I've been trying to troubleshoot myself, but have not found a solution. I did not change anything so I don't know what happened. There is nothing in the logs for nextcloud or swag that gives me a clue as to what the problem is. I updated nextcloud using the update command docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar to the latest version 24.0.5 thinking that would fix it, but still nothing. I saw there was another docker update today and I ran that, but still the same Welcome to Our server message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Nextcloud error_2022-09-26_20-31.png

It's probably because of swag container. You have to add the .conf extension to your configuration files now. It wasn't the case before.
Have a look at the logs of nextcloud and swag.

10 minutes ago, Ben4 said:

@andreidelait

Thank you. Once I added the .conf to my nextcloud config file my site came up. Much appreciated. Do you mind sharing the link with the documentation of this change.

I remember mine specified this in the docker log.

I don't have the exact documentation but I guess this is related:

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2022-08-20-nginx-base/

On 9/15/2022 at 7:00 AM, BVD said:

Just letting you know, I've not forgotten about this, hoping to make it back tonight and look further following 👍

I was able to get this sorted. For whatever reason I could not delete the table space "TOTP Secrets" via terminal. I was however able to delete it using the Krusader web ui. Seems to be working now. Thanks again for the help.

42 minutes ago, elco1965 said:

I was able to get this sorted. For whatever reason I could not delete the table space "TOTP Secrets" via terminal. I was however able to delete it using the Krusader web ui. Seems to be working now. Thanks again for the help.

That just doesnt make sense to me 😳 - I spent some time the weekend before last trying to recreate the issue (so I could un-screw it I mean), and it all "just worked"... then last weekend I'd tried messing with various combinations of other apps being installed to see if there was maybe a tie-in index messing with us (like oauth2 of ldap), but again, no dice, everything kept doing exactly what I expected 🤬

... in any case, I'm glad you got it sorted! Just sorry I wasnt able to help more lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BVD said:

That just doesnt make sense to me 😳 - I spent some time the weekend before last trying to recreate the issue (so I could un-screw it I mean), and it all "just worked"... then last weekend I'd tried messing with various combinations of other apps being installed to see if there was maybe a tie-in index messing with us (like oauth2 of ldap), but again, no dice, everything kept doing exactly what I expected 🤬

... in any case, I'm glad you got it sorted! Just sorry I wasnt able to help more lol

It doesn't make any sense to me either. I mean I am not well versed with command prompt. But I tried to delete the problem table using the terminal from my Ubuntu desktop, the terminal button in the unRAID web gui, and from the MariaDB container itself. Every time I attempted to reinstall I was given the same "the table already exists" error. Maybe it was the commands I was using? The first time I used the Krusader container to delete the table, I was immediately able to reinstall and configure the Two Factor app from within Nextcloud.  

Over this last few weeks, something is causing Unraid's webui to hang and the only way I've been able to get it back is force a reboot with the power switch. I think it could be caused by a broken config in nextcloud because I can recreate the issue when I navigate to nextcloud's webui, and search for an update. Shortly after launching everything just goes in limbo. I tried stopping the following dockers when this happens and it fails. Nextcloud, Swag, Plex. But I could stop sonarr......I just forced a reboot and captured the diagnostics. If I need to capture while the error is happening, please instruct me on how to do that. I do have SSH ability while it's hung but trying to force a reboot over ssh didn't work(or I was too impatient) so I don't know if that's working correctly when this happens either. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

zephyr-1-diagnostics-20220930-0635.zip

32 minutes ago, zephyr.1.2020 said:

Over this last few weeks, something is causing Unraid's webui to hang and the only way I've been able to get it back is force a reboot with the power switch. I think it could be caused by a broken config in nextcloud because I can recreate the issue when I navigate to nextcloud's webui, and search for an update. Shortly after launching everything just goes in limbo. I tried stopping the following dockers when this happens and it fails. Nextcloud, Swag, Plex. But I could stop sonarr......I just forced a reboot and captured the diagnostics. If I need to capture while the error is happening, please instruct me on how to do that. I do have SSH ability while it's hung but trying to force a reboot over ssh didn't work(or I was too impatient) so I don't know if that's working correctly when this happens either. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

zephyr-1-diagnostics-20220930-0635.zip 157.81 kB · 0 downloads

I had the same problem as I mentioned a few posts above. I could reboot from SSH if you give the reboot command twice. After reboot always a parity check starts.
Now I'm trying to use the official Nextcloud docker. I may come back to this one but I'm not sure.

27 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

I had the same problem as I mentioned a few posts above. I could reboot from SSH if you give the reboot command twice. After reboot always a parity check starts.
Now I'm trying to use the official Nextcloud docker. I may come back to this one but I'm not sure.

Ah. didn't think to try to send it twice. that is good to know. 

On 9/27/2022 at 12:05 AM, andreidelait said:

It's probably because of swag container. You have to add the .conf extension to your configuration files now. It wasn't the case before.
Have a look at the logs of nextcloud and swag.

@andreidelait are you talking about the config file located at /user/appdata/swag/nginx/site-configs? I have 3 files in this directory. default.conf, nextcloud, and default.conf.sample. I changed nextcloud to nextcloud.conf and no luck. Were you talking about a different file?

13 hours ago, zephyr.1.2020 said:

@andreidelait are you talking about the config file located at /user/appdata/swag/nginx/site-configs? I have 3 files in this directory. default.conf, nextcloud, and default.conf.sample. I changed nextcloud to nextcloud.conf and no luck. Were you talking about a different file?

Yes tou are correct. That's the file.
Also you have to restart swag after you do any modifications to these files.

Still no luck. Added .conf to the nextcloud file name. Rebooting both swag and nextcloud got me back into the nextcloud interface for a wile. Poked around some random files I've not accessed in a while, could use them as normal. Phone app said unrecognized server name.....So I decided to reset it's config from scratch. Error came back with that but I then remembered having an issue with the phone communicating over the LAN to the server, so dropped to LTE and the error went away and I could access random files. But about 5 minutes into it, the original issue came back. CPU usage racked up to about 70%-80% and lost all control of nextcloud and unraid's ui. Any help is greatly appreciated!