[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi

I updated unraid to version 6.11.0 and then Nextcloud to the latest version.
Then came the error message that "Your data directory is not writable..."

I sent a chown for www-data in the docker itself. No change
So I sent off with the addon "New Permissions" on the unraid-shares of nextcloud.

Now it comes alternately when reloading the page an internal sever error and the 0700 error. I would be very grateful for your help. I hope I can still easily fix this?

8 minutes ago, Abigel said:

Hi

I updated unraid to version 6.11.0 and then Nextcloud to the latest version.
Then came the error message that "Your data directory is not writable..."

I sent a chown for www-data in the docker itself. No change
So I sent off with the addon "New Permissions" on the unraid-shares of nextcloud.

Now it comes alternately when reloading the page an internal sever error and the 0700 error. I would be very grateful for your help. I hope I can still easily fix this?

Not sure if it helps but this container uses abc user instead of www-data
My data directory is owned by abc user and abc group with 0770 permissions.

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Setting log level to debug
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <twofactor_webauthn> ...
Updated <twofactor_webauthn> to 0.3.3
Repair error: An exception occurred while executing a query: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
Repair error: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused
Repair error: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused
Repair warning: Unable to clear the frontend cache
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level

I don't know what is the problem with the connection to database. I executed updates for mariaDB and nextcloud

Changed nothing in mariaDB, nor errors in the mariaDB logs

On 9/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, AmokK said:

Hi !

I'm having an issue with my Nextcloud 24 instance, I get a "something went wrong" in the background tasks, that is 7 days old.

It runs on default setting "Cron", i tried to switch to Webcron, to test if it got better, but it switches back automatically to Cron a few minutes later.

What can I do to solve this problem ?

Updated to nextcloud 24.0.6 (both instance and docker container), still having cron jobs not working / something went wrong, for 21 days now.

Can someone help me diagnose or fix this ? As nextcloud seems to work fine, is it a serious problem ?

1 hour ago, AmokK said:

Updated to nextcloud 24.0.6 (both instance and docker container), still having cron jobs not working / something went wrong, for 21 days now.

Can someone help me diagnose or fix this ? As nextcloud seems to work fine, is it a serious problem ?

I'm curious how other users do it. I run the cron directly from the Unraid host using User Scripts.

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -i nextcloud sudo -u abc php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

I run it every 5 min:

*/5 * * * *

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

I'm curious how other users do it. I run the cron directly from the Unraid host using User Scripts.

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -i nextcloud sudo -u abc php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

I run it every 5 min:

*/5 * * * *

Thanks for your input.

In my case, I never set up anything relative to cron, I even never heard of it before it started to get errors :)

I just thought it was part of the nextcloud container, as an internal routine or so ...

I'll try to make it work like you did !

Edited by AmokK
wrong spelling
On 9/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, zephyr.1.2020 said:

Over this last few weeks, something is causing Unraid's webui to hang and the only way I've been able to get it back is force a reboot with the power switch. I think it could be caused by a broken config in nextcloud because I can recreate the issue when I navigate to nextcloud's webui, and search for an update. Shortly after launching everything just goes in limbo. I tried stopping the following dockers when this happens and it fails. Nextcloud, Swag, Plex. But I could stop sonarr......I just forced a reboot and captured the diagnostics. If I need to capture while the error is happening, please instruct me on how to do that. I do have SSH ability while it's hung but trying to force a reboot over ssh didn't work(or I was too impatient) so I don't know if that's working correctly when this happens either. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

zephyr-1-diagnostics-20220930-0635.zip 157.81 kB · 0 downloads

Any follow up with this situation?
It drives me creazy still. I've tried everything at this point and it keeps doing it.

After upgrading to 24.0.6 i face the problem that I have to convert file_metadata.id in big int.

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint
Following columns will be updated:

* file_metadata.id

This can take up to hours, depending on the number of files in your instance!
Continue with the conversion (y/n)? [n] y

In ExceptionConverter.php line 114:

An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'nextcloudunraid.oc_file_metadata' doesn't exist in engine  

In Exception.php line 26:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'nextcloudunraid.oc_file_metadata' doesn't exist in engine  

In Connection.php line 82:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'nextcloudunraid.oc_file_metadata' doesn't exist in engine  

db:convert-filecache-bigint

It looks like, i dont have such a table. Taking a look into the database with adminer, I was neither able to find the table.

Any hints? 

5 minutes ago, sylus said:

After upgrading to 24.0.6 i face the problem that I have to convert file_metadata.id in big int.

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint
Following columns will be updated:

* file_metadata.id

This can take up to hours, depending on the number of files in your instance!
Continue with the conversion (y/n)? [n] y

In ExceptionConverter.php line 114:

An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'nextcloudunraid.oc_file_metadata' doesn't exist in engine  

In Exception.php line 26:

In Connection.php line 82:

db:convert-filecache-bigint

It looks like, i dont have such a table. Taking a look into the database with adminer, I was neither able to find the table.

Any hints? 

I ran:

docker exec -it YOUR-NEXTCLOUD-CONTAINER-NAME occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

and it worked. 

I've had Nextcloud & ONLYOFFICE working for ages until the 24.0.6 update. I cannot get the two reconnected. I've dug through documentation, forums & YouTube videos. Anyone have a working method?

UPDATE: nevermind. This appears to be some sort of gateway loopback problem. Still working on a solution but none of the containers can hit https://documentserver.<mydomain> despite it actually being up.

Edited by BrandonG777
Problem identified
On 10/7/2022 at 11:42 AM, andreidelait said:

Any follow up with this situation?
It drives me creazy still. I've tried everything at this point and it keeps doing it.

Sorry for the delay in responding @andreidelait I ended up starting over from scratch pretty much. I changed the port numbers for the original docker containers(mariadb, nextcloud, swag) and started over with the most recent nextcloud video from Space Invader One. This time, instead of using Duck DNS, I decided to buy a domain name off of name cheap($10/year ish) and try again. This time it seams to be working. Once past the initial install, I copied over the original data from the Nextcloud1 share into the Nextcloud2 share. Once the files were transferred, I had nextcloud rescan them by running "occ files:scan --all" That's gotten me going again with a basic install. Still have a few things to tweak, mainly getting it able to upload and download larger files. But if memory serves, I had these same issues with the last time I set it up and was able to find a solution so I'm sure it will get figured out eventually. I would like to be able to get document editing figured out but still no luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, zephyr.1.2020 said:

Sorry for the delay in responding @andreidelait I ended up starting over from scratch pretty much. I changed the port numbers for the original docker containers(mariadb, nextcloud, swag) and started over with the most recent nextcloud video from Space Invader One. This time, instead of using Duck DNS, I decided to buy a domain name off of name cheap($10/year ish) and try again. This time it seams to be working. Once past the initial install, I copied over the original data from the Nextcloud1 share into the Nextcloud2 share. Once the files were transferred, I had nextcloud rescan them by running "occ files:scan --all" That's gotten me going again with a basic install. Still have a few things to tweak, mainly getting it able to upload and download larger files. But if memory serves, I had these same issues with the last time I set it up and was able to find a solution so I'm sure it will get figured out eventually. I would like to be able to get document editing figured out but still no luck with that. 

Thanks for the reply.
I used the other container that pulls from official nextcloud docker and it worked better. After a few days that one frozen my server too. So I came back to this old config and lsio container. Thie one crashes every time.
I will give it another shot with a new config, new db, as you did. I'm not to optimistic though.

I have large downloads/uploads and collabora figured out. If you get stuck on this maybe I can help.

Hello there,

I'm having problems with my docker container recently.

It says that my crontabs aren't running. The background job settings are configured, as suggested (cron), yet my security overview states that the crontabs haven't run in over 5 hours. That's when I applied the latest update to my installation.

Yet even before the update, it was said that the crontabs hadn't run in days.

I already  tried  manually creating the cron for /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php from both within the container via

*/5  *  *  *  * php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

and on my main machine via

*/5  *  *  *  * docker exec -i nextcloud sudo -u abc php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

neither of that did work.

I also couldn't  run the cron.php completely manually via 

docker exec -it php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

as the shell reported that "php" couldn't be found because there was no $PATH variable set.

Can anyone help meh fixing that?

I have another problem with my nextcloud docker:

In the default Photos App, there are neither thumbnails nor can I open any photos from my iPhone, that are saved as *.heic. I fround some tips online that one should try to reinstall ImageMagic. But my tries here failed because of php not being available, too.

Has anyone  got HEIC Pictures going with linuxserver.io's nextcloud docker container?

Thanks everyone in advance!

9 hours ago, GGabs said:

can we update this to nextcloud hub or that is totally different docker all together? or is there a way to migrate from this to newest nexcloud hub?

NH3 is just the "app store" of NC 25, which is currently in RC and not quite ready for broad scale deployment. You'll have it as soon as you upgrade.

If you're in a rush, switch to the beta branch - dont trust your data to it though, back up and test recovering from that backup prior to upgrading.

13 hours ago, juleztb said:

Hello there,

I'm having problems with my docker container recently.

It says that my crontabs aren't running. The background job settings are configured, as suggested (cron), yet my security overview states that the crontabs haven't run in over 5 hours. That's when I applied the latest update to my installation.

Yet even before the update, it was said that the crontabs hadn't run in days.

I already  tried  manually creating the cron for /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php from both within the container via

*/5  *  *  *  * php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

and on my main machine via

*/5  *  *  *  * docker exec -i nextcloud sudo -u abc php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

neither of that did work.

I also couldn't  run the cron.php completely manually via 

docker exec -it php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

as the shell reported that "php" couldn't be found because there was no $PATH variable set.

Can anyone help meh fixing that?

I have another problem with my nextcloud docker:

In the default Photos App, there are neither thumbnails nor can I open any photos from my iPhone, that are saved as *.heic. I fround some tips online that one should try to reinstall ImageMagic. But my tries here failed because of php not being available, too.

Has anyone  got HEIC Pictures going with linuxserver.io's nextcloud docker container?

Thanks everyone in advance!

I use User Scripts to run the cron from the host as I said a few posts above.
You can also run the same command from Unraid terminal just to test if it works.

docker exec -it nextcloud sudo -u abc php -f /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

The linuxserver container uses abc user and group so you have to include it in the command.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, zephyr.1.2020 said:

Hope it gets worked out. I assumed my config was breaking due to my customizations over the years. So starting over from a fresh install seams to have been it for me. 

So I started from scratch this morning.
New appdata config, new container, new maria db, new redis. 
I copied the photos from the old instance and I managed to break it again. I t worked fine for a while, but if I tried to navigate fast trough the pictures, it just froze.
I give up at this point.

6 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

So I started from scratch this morning.
New appdata config, new container, new maria db, new redis. 
I copied the photos from the old instance and I managed to break it again. I t worked fine for a while, but if I tried to navigate fast trough the pictures, it just froze.
I give up at this point.

What's your upload bandwidth like, and what's your system/container load look like when you're doing this scrolling?

You're either dealing with limited upload, or more likely, resource starvation of the nextcloud container as it's trying to generate the previews on the fly. If you've sufficient bandwidth, then I'd look at running preview pre-generation and ensure the previews are all stored on SSD. If still encountering issues after that, I'd first verify that all available cpu cores are pinned to the container other than threads 0 and 1, as well as increase the shm size to whatever you can afford to allocate to it.