[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

15 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Is there anyone on 25.0.1 without issue and doing good?

yep, no issues here since all the latest updates

and all seems to be fine here, but i only use NC for foto uploads and file browsing, sharing ... and OnlyOffice integration (OO as sep. Docker of course as its not supported in alpine, at least last time i checked)

image.png.6c9bf0abdbfd9b98e8531c995b6128ee.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, alturismo said:

and all seems to be fine here, but i only use NC for foto uploads and file browsing, sharing ... and OnlyOffice integration (OO as sep. Docker of course as its not supported in alpine, at least last time i checked)

Thank you! Will upgrade one instance later and see what happens lol. All this database issues got me scared lol

On 11/4/2022 at 9:16 AM, spiderben25 said:

You can check which files are deprecated by looking at swag log on the Docker tab of your unraid webui.

Then you can delete (I strongly recommend you make a backup first) them, they are located in /mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx. The next time you will restart the swag container it will create up to date config files.

You can also do this to the nginx config files in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx. Same warnings here.

Of course if you made custom changes in said files you will have to make them again. An easy way to check that is to compare side by side the old and new config file, with notepad++ for instance.

Hm, it seems my setup is a bit different. I have no swag docker, mine is called NginxProxyManager, and in its log the only thing deprecated is a method called "QueryBuilder#allowEager" and "QueryBuilder#eager", which seems to not be any kinda file.

I tried to shut down the nginx service to see if I can then launch the webinterface, but no dice, without nginx active I get an error 400 Bad Request, on the bottom mentioning nginx, which I don't really get as it is off.

This is really frustrating because I still have no idea what's actually broken and effectively the cloud is offline for nearly a week. I should have all passwords etc to make a migration to a different docker but I'm just not sure if I can blindly follow the Nextcloud manual on the backup, I have no idea about consoles and Linux, so I don't know if the Ubuntu examples work for this :(

23 hours ago, alturismo said:

Hi,

Could you share your documentserver.subdomain.conf file? I can't get it to work since last update. 

Has anyone else been getting this error with the latest linuxserver nextcloud container "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4.
You are currently running 8.0.25." 

I just tried to remove linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5 repo tag out of curiosity and unfortunately it still crashes with the above error.  

For  kicks I tried adding the nextcloud:25.0.1 tag, it downloaded new data but the same error  popped up. 

--edit-- Wild theory but would this have something to do with the Unraid OS version? 

Edited by allinvain
On 11/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, mrdavvv said:

Hello guys!

Im having a lot of trouble with the syncing of big archives in Nextcloud. It seems like its a common problem, but i have tried a lot of proposed solutions in the web, with no avail.

Setup:

Unraid 6.11.1

Nextcloud Server: Latest LSIO Docker V25, Maria DB LSIO Container.

Nextcloud Client: Latest APPImage 3.6.1 (Kubuntu Linux 20.04)

Problem:

• Nextcloud client in desktop gives the error " 413 Request entity too large", in all my files bigger than around 500MB.
  • Web client / Android with no issues.

Attempted Solutions:

nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf

# Original: 
    client_max_body_size 0;

#Test 1:
    client_max_body_size 16G;

#Test 2:
    client_body_buffer_size 400m;

nano nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/php/php-local.ini

post_max_size = 10G
upload_max_filesize = 10G
post_max_size = 10G
max_input_time = 3600
max_execution_time = 3600
memory_limit = 1024M

image.png.58e06e9ac7a32cf021a9dabdfeb1a4f1.png

Restarting the docker service between al the testing.

appreciate any help!

Solution:

Aparently the Nextcloud LSIO image uses this addres for nginx config's:

nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default.conf

Instead of: nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf

So just adjusted this line in the former and it worked:

# 04-11-2022_Increase client_max_body_size, original 512MB.

After restarting the instance, NX keep insisting on the 413 error. I tried renaming the files, as it has worked for me before. After renaming some files, NX just "unfreezed" and starting uploading my big files. Finally!

Sorry to get back onto this again, but I just can't figure out a thing. Been more than a week that Nextcloud stopped working on me.

Anytime I try to get to the webinterface, I get a time-out.

I tried changing the repo to 24.0.5 or 24.0.6, no avail (by now, I changed it back to latest). I did not install Nextcloud 25, as I didn't even have a chance.

I use MariaDB and NginxProxyManager, I restartet and updated all of the dockers, the logs show no error. If I try to reach Nextcloud through the local IP, it switches to the dedicated URL set in Nginx. I can't even tell which version of Nextcloud I run, I have no read-rights on the files in appdata

I have no idea where it fails, but it would be tremendous if anyone could help me out here, as I simply have no idea where to even look for errors :(

Edited by CameraRick
On 11/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, allinvain said:

Has anyone else been getting this error with the latest linuxserver nextcloud container "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4.
You are currently running 8.0.25." 

I just tried to remove linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5 repo tag out of curiosity and unfortunately it still crashes with the above error.  

For  kicks I tried adding the nextcloud:25.0.1 tag, it downloaded new data but the same error  popped up. 

--edit-- Wild theory but would this have something to do with the Unraid OS version? 

I am having this same problem. Been unable to get nextcloud to work. I have tried the various update/upgrade through command line, but it won't go past version 18. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Ccheese4 said:

I am having this same problem. Been unable to get nextcloud to work. I have tried the various update/upgrade through command line, but it won't go past version 18. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I managed to get it to work digging through some of the previous pages of this thread:

1. First, I edited the docker and changed the repository to "linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5". That got rid of the php error, and got the web gui for nextcloud working again.

2. Nextcloud had to finish an upgrade from version 17 to 18 that I wasn't able to complete due to the php error.

3. I went into the settings in the nextcloud web interface, and followed the instructions under "Security & Setup Warnings". Some of the recommendations will require the instance to be offline, which can be achieved by going back to the Nextcloud console and using the "occ maintenance:mode --on". You will need to turn it back off to access the web interface again after following the recommendation.

4. I tried to update again, but it errored out due to an extra .DS_Store file. Open the root console from unraid, used "cd /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud", then "find -iname ".DS_Store*"". Use cd to navigate to each of the locations that it located that file, then "rm .DS_Store" to delete it.

7. Updater now works. I ran it in the nextcloud console with "updater.phar". I hit y after the update to start the upgrade.

8. I repeated steps 3 and 7 until I got to version 24. Occasionally it would throw an error, but it was pretty straight forward.

9. after getting to version 24, I was able to go back into the docker settings and change the repository back to "linuxserver/nextcloud". Everything still worked after that. 

I do wish it was more obvious that we need to keep Nextcloud up to date from within the web interface itself. As someone who's pretty tech literate but doesn't live and breath Linux stuff, it was just kind of an unnecessary headache. Not to mention that I now have a ton of new features that I had no idea existed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried to follow your example above and try manually updating Nextcloud using it's own updater web interface:

"Current version is 20.0.6.
Update to Nextcloud 20.0.14 available. (channel: "stable")"

As you can see I'm on an old version too but not as old as yours was. 

The issue I'm running into is the web updater times out constantly with errors such as these:

"<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.20.2</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

After numerous retries the update eventually went through and now I'm on 20.0.14 and was given the option to upgrade to 21.0.9

Not sure why these timeout errors happen but I will just stubbornly re-run the update and how it goes through as I slowly crawl my way up the version ladder. 

Let's hope it all goes well. If this ends up being the path forward then everyone running into the php error must follow the examples laid out here in this thread.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:08 AM, blaine07 said:

I am almost afraid to ask...

Is there anyone on 25.0.1 without issue and doing good?

I'm on 25.01 no issues that I have found, the default to a dark theme, my eyes can't handle that so i switch back but other than that. Seems to work fine as frog hair.

Edited by ijuarez
  • Like 1

Ok, so here is an update folks. After going through all the steps I outlined in my previous post I managed to get my Nextcloud container updated to version 24, and now the linuxserver nexcloud container  works fine without any PHP errors 😁

Thanks Ccheese4 for pointing me in the right direction! 

17 hours ago, ijuarez said:

I'm on 25.01 no issues that I have found, the default to a dark theme, my eyes can't handle that so i switch back but other than that. Seems to work fine as frog hair.

I moved a test instance(w/ PostgreSQL) to 25.0.1 after you said this yesterday and it does indeed seem to be going fine! Thank you!

On 11/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, mrdavvv said:

Solution:

Aparently the Nextcloud LSIO image uses this addres for nginx config's:

Instead of: nano /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf

So just adjusted this line in the former and it worked:

# 04-11-2022_Increase client_max_body_size, original 512MB.

After restarting the instance, NX keep insisting on the 413 error. I tried renaming the files, as it has worked for me before. After renaming some files, NX just "unfreezed" and starting uploading my big files. Finally!

Could you explain where you changed these lines for the nginx config?

There are so many files, that I don't know where to look.

I tried copying the files to the right location and renaming it, but then it just started giving errors.

So I hope adjusting the path will help

Hi,

Although it's a Nextcloud/Cloudflare tunnel question, my problem doesn't involve the Cloudflared Docker or NPM.........

My tunnel was formed using the GUI at the Cloudflare end. I'm happily using a variety of apps...... HA in a VM works great, as do Frigate, Sonarr and all the other 'arrs......

It's just Nextcloud.............

It works fine on the local network.

I have a Cloudflare Tunnel working to the Unraid server. All my other dockers work fine through the tunnel.

Cloudflare returns a 502 Bad Gateway error with the host.

That led me to believe it must be my config file and “trusted proxies”. However, I have included my domain through which the tunnel runs and still no joy.

Please have a look at my config and comment if there are any errors. Are there any other avenues for me to check?

Thanks for looking.

Paul

$CONFIG = array (
‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’,
‘datadirectory’ => ‘/data’,
‘instanceid’ => ‘ocxxxxxxxxxxxxxxw’,
‘passwordsalt’ => ‘TBxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDoy’,
‘secret’ => ‘dFxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnRHo’,
‘trusted_domains’ =>
array (
0 => ‘nextcloud.xxxxxx.com’,
1 => ‘localhost’,
2 => ‘10.10.10.30:444’,
),
‘dbtype’ => ‘sqlite3’,
‘version’ => ‘25.0.1.1’,
‘overwrite.cli.url’ => ‘http://10.10.10.30/:444’,
‘installed’ => true,
‘theme’ => ‘’,
‘loglevel’ => 2,
‘maintenance’ => false,
‘updater.secret’ => ‘$2y$10xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx232’,
);

Edited by pm1961
On 5/7/2022 at 5:42 PM, gilladur said:

Does someone of you also have this error in the settings overview after updating to the latest version 24:

Technical information
=====================
The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results
=======
- core
	- INVALID_HASH
		- core/js/mimetypelist.js

Raw output
==========
Array
(
    [core] => Array
        (
            [INVALID_HASH] => Array
                (
                    [core/js/mimetypelist.js] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 94195a260a005dac543c3f6aa504f1b28e0078297fe94a4f52f012c16c109f0323eecc9f767d6949f860dfe454625fcaf1dc56f87bb8350975d8f006bbbdf14a
                            [current] => 1b07fb272efa65a10011ed52a6e51260343c5de2a256e1ae49f180173e2b6684ccf90d1af3c19fa97c31d42914866db46e3216883ec0d6a82cec0ad5529e78b1
                        )

)

)

)

It seems to be linked to OnlyOffice app overwriting the default mimetypelist which causes the mismatch - but I don't know how to fix it.

There are some post about this this issue on Github but none seem to fix the issue:

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/30732

https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-nextcloud/issues/600

Never had this before and to be honest I don't know if I should bother or just wait for the next update to get it fixed?

Did you ever resolve this ? i am also getting this error now.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, ijuarez said:

Well I moved my PostgreSQL Nextcloud over; it works fine etc but can't seem to get the self hosted version of Collabora to work. It's configured just as it is , and works, on my NC 24.0.6. Only difference I see is on NC 25.0.1 the "Nextcloud Office" version is 7.0.1 and on my NC 24.0.6 the version is 6.3.1.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else having Collarboar work correctly in NC 25?

EDIT: I am dumb; had to add second instance to "aliasgroup2" in Collabora container. 🙂

Edited by blaine07
mestoopid

It seems, that the web update doesn't recognize the possible update correct.

I went over from web update to cli update.

Open a console for your nextcloud container there you can use this 

root@f471a5390c23:/# cd /config/www/nextcloud/updater/
root@f471a5390c23:/config/www/nextcloud/updater# sudo -u abc php updater.phar 
Nextcloud Updater - version: v25.0.0beta3-17-gef6cf2d

Current version is 25.0.1.

No update available.

Nothing to do.
root@f471a5390c23:/config/www/nextcloud/updater# 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, Ccheese4 said:

I managed to get it to work digging through some of the previous pages of this thread:

1. First, I edited the docker and changed the repository to "linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5". That got rid of the php error, and got the web gui for nextcloud working again.

Thanks for this.  I accidentally upgraded nextcloud docker and found myself in the same boat. 

I changed repository to 24.0.5 and got error
"This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.  You are currently running 7.4.26." 
Which is kind of progress lol.  

I tried changing the 24.0.5 to earlier versions but couldn't find any that worked.  I looked at linuxserver.io/nextcloud web page too for a list of versions but couldn't find anything there either.  Do you have any thoughts on what I can try next?

Thanks.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:07 AM, Rolucious said:

Could you explain where you changed these lines for the nginx config?

There are so many files, that I don't know where to look.

I tried copying the files to the right location and renaming it, but then it just started giving errors.

So I hope adjusting the path will help

This a capture from my file:

image.thumb.png.b31e664688fe301358efc4c38eefd656.png

On 11/15/2022 at 7:39 PM, dimes007 said:

Thanks for this.  I accidentally upgraded nextcloud docker and found myself in the same boat. 

I changed repository to 24.0.5 and got error
"This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.  You are currently running 7.4.26." 
Which is kind of progress lol.  

I tried changing the 24.0.5 to earlier versions but couldn't find any that worked.  I looked at linuxserver.io/nextcloud web page too for a list of versions but couldn't find anything there either.  Do you have any thoughts on what I can try next?

Thanks.

You could maybe try the command line update process. The issue is I'm not sure if that would work either if nextcloud php files expect to see PHP 7.3 or lower.