[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, DrBobke said:

Thanks a lot, but the others don't work either

I know I read smth about the user www-data that that is the admin user or smth like that, but how can I log into that? All docker settings are set correctly as far as I'm aware...

The commands in nextcloud docs refer to a standard/official install, they may need to be adapted to the way a given 3rd-party install/container is implemented.

linuxserver uses 'abc' as the user for their containers, and the location the app is stored in is different as well, so you need to modify the commands accordingly, e.g. 

sudo -u abc /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices

Any other ideas?

Are you using an additional reverse proxy in front of nextcloud? That could be where the bad config is regarding large files.

Edited by Kilrah

Can someone help me? I am on :latest. I keep getting PDO not found every half second in the Logs. On Nextcloud UI, it says I am on PHP v8.0.25.

However when I check the docker, it's on php 7.4.33. There is also php8 inside the docker, but not accessible through php command.

php -i | grep php.ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /etc/php7
Loaded Configuration File => /etc/php7/php.ini

php -v
PHP 7.4.33 (cli) (built: Nov  3 2022 23:08:27) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

php8 -v
PHP 8.0.25 (cli) (built: Oct 26 2022 12:04:58) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.0.25, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v8.0.25, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

php -m
[PHP Modules]
Core
date
filter
hash
libxml
pcre
phpdbg_webhelper
readline
Reflection
SPL
standard
xml
zlib

php8 -m
[PHP Modules]
apcu
bcmath
bz2
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gmp
hash
iconv
igbinary
imagick
imap
intl
json
ldap
libsmbclient
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
memcached
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
Phar
phpdbg_webhelper
posix
readline
redis
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
smbclient
sodium
SPL
sqlite3
standard
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

Would I need to point php binary to php8? How would I do that? I googled and it says use update-alternatives , but that command is not found in the docker.

Error: Class 'PDO' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:155
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(408): OC\DB\Connection->getQueryBuilder()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(176): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(367): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(983): OC\AppConfig->getValues()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(713): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(184): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#15 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#16 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1105): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#17 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#18 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#19 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#20 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#21 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#22 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2082): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#23 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(122): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#24 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(454): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#25 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#26 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#27 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#28 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#29 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#30 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1445): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#31 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(602): OC\Server->boot()
#32 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1104): OC::init()
#33 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(48): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#34 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')

Hi,

My Nextcloud has been running for years and today I noticed this error

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4

I restarted the container and now I am presented with the install screen!  I have not done anything else as terrified I will lose everything (if I haven't already) can anyone please help?

image.png.3ba0a0d0fb849bdee37e29dffac9a9d1.png

Hello everybody.

I wanted to add a new user to my nextcloud docker but the page is empty.. I tried all the other pages and found out that apps is also just an empty page.

Nextcloud is working fine and with all the previous users.

I am logged in as Admin.

I have tried to clear my browser cache, and also tried a different web browser.

Any suggestions?

Hi, I recently updated from v23.0.0 to v25.0.1, and my webGUI showed internal server error.

Does anyone has solution to this?

I already raised an official issue but no response yet, for complete details: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/issues/277

I think it's due to nginx, but not sure how to resolve

2022/11/26 23:53:56 [error] 263#263: *5 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: {"reqId":"mD6fa0vltJXldEalQPUy","level":3,"time":"2022-11-26T15:53:56+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.xx.xx.xxx","user":"admin","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"file_put_contents(/data/appdata_oczrczf8fi1o/js/core/merged-template-prepend.js): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#311","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0","version":"25.0.1.1","exception":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"file_put_contents(/data/appdata_oczrczf8fi1o/js/core/merged-template-prepend.js): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#311","Code":0,"Trace":[{"function":"onError","class":"OC\\Log\\ErrorHandler","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php","line":311,"function":"file_put_contents"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php","line":1179,"function"...PHP message: {"reqId":"mD6fa0vltJXldEalQPUy","level":3,"time":"2022-11-26T15:53:56+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.xx.xx.xxx","user":"admin","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"file_put_contents failed","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0","version":"25.0.1.1","exception":{"Exception":"OCP\\Files\\GenericFileException","Message":"file_put_contents failed","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/SimpleFS/SimpleFile.php","line":92,"function":"putContent","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\File","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php","line":194,"function":"putContent","class":"OC\\Files\\SimpleFS\\SimpleFile","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php","line":97,"function":"cache","class":"OC\\Template\\JSCombiner","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSR
2022/11/26 23:53:56 [error] 263#263: *5 FastCGI sent in stderr: "0vltJXldEalQPUy","level":3,"time":"2022-11-26T15:53:56+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.xx.xx.xxx","user":"admin","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"file_put_contents failed","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0","version":"25.0.1.1","exception":{"Exception":"OCP\\Files\\GenericFileException","Message":"file_put_contents failed","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/SimpleFS/SimpleFile.php","line":92,"function":"putContent","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\File","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php","line":194,"function":"putContent","class":"OC\\Files\\SimpleFS\\SimpleFile","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php","line":97,"function":"cache","class":"OC\\Template\\JSCombiner","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSResourceLocator.php","line":125,"function":"pro" while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xx.xx.xxx, server: _, request: "GET /apps/dashboard/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "myhostname.com"
2022/11/26 23:53:56 [error] 263#263: *5 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: {"reqId":"mD6fa0vltJXldEalQPUy","level":3,"time":"2022-11-26T15:53:56+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.xx.xx.xxx","user":"admin","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/apps/dashboard/","message":"fopen(/data/nextcloud.log): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log/File.php#84","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0","version":"25.0.1.1","data":{"app":"PHP"}}" while reading upstream, client: xxx.xx.xx.xxx, server: _, request: "GET /apps/dashboard/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "myhostname.com"

This morning I went to upload a file and was greeted with "General error: 1034 index for table 'oc_filecache' is corrupt; try to repair it"

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this before I inevitably go way out in the weeds and make my day worse?

IMG_5142.heic1578387145_ScreenShot2022-12-05at6_04_01AM.thumb.png.4455c889f39b27c4860468532a2be4d8.png

EDIT: It *appears* that "emtpying" the "oc_filecache" table in phpMyAdmin has done the trick... :cross fingers:

EDIT 2: Is this anything harmful? What does it mean? :see below: 997540117_ScreenShot2022-12-05at6_18_51AM.png.bee61b11242405bef4efe2b6888272f8.png

Edited by blaine07
On 12/1/2022 at 4:15 PM, Kilrah said:

The commands in nextcloud docs refer to a standard/official install, they may need to be adapted to the way a given 3rd-party install/container is implemented.

linuxserver uses 'abc' as the user for their containers, and the location the app is stored in is different as well, so you need to modify the commands accordingly, e.g. 

sudo -u abc /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices

Are you using an additional reverse proxy in front of nextcloud? That could be where the bad config is regarding large files.

So sorry, I hadn't seen your message earlier than just now.. I have tried adapting the line as per your suggestion, but it is not being recognized.  When going into what I believe the correct folder is (and also adapted the "code" line, I also get a message that it is not recognized).

image.thumb.png.732a70fe43b88a67cccd12638c6c6cde.pngThis is the folder, but I can't see the occ file?

I am running through a reverse proxy, which I installed through the help of the SpaceInvader One's' video.

So I am using Swag from this video : 

Swag is updated to the latest version and in the settings, I can't find any limitation on file size?

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!

DrBobke

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

It's right there though. 

You did run that in the container console and NOT unraid console as explained earlier?

Yes, I ran sudo -u abc /appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices

I went into the docker console and input it there. Or do I have to add something more? Or just nextcloud/www/...?

What about the download size issue? Is it sur to a swag limitation?

Thanks a lot!

40 minutes ago, DrBobke said:

Yes, I ran sudo -u abc /appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices

I went into the docker console and input it there.

Then that should be fine, I tested before posting. It should have told you it added things, and if you run it again that everything's already correct.

41 minutes ago, DrBobke said:

What about the download size issue? Is it sur to a swag limitation?

It could be a swag config issue where its own limit is smaller than the one on nextcloud side, but I don't have experience with swag to help with that.

10 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Then that should be fine, I tested before posting. It should have told you it added things, and if you run it again that everything's already correct.

It could be a swag config issue where its own limit is smaller than the one on nextcloud side, but I don't have experience with swag to help with that.

I have tried in different possibilities, but none of them seem to work... 😞 

see screenshot:

image.png.bdc7a8156afa9ff3b4d4b217aea2934c.png

Too bad that you don't know about Swag, anyone else? 🙂 

If you are not using Swag, do you have a reverse proxy that you use and if so, what are you using?

Thanks again,

DrBobke

I gave you the exact command for add-missing-indices as an example and you somehow managed to run everything but that...

If you are not using Swag, do you have a reverse proxy that you use and if so, what are you using?

Nginx Proxy Manager

19 hours ago, DrBobke said:

see screenshot:

image.png.bdc7a8156afa9ff3b4d4b217aea2934c.png

Too bad that you don't know about Swag, anyone else? 🙂 

Thanks again,

DrBobke

Have you tired just using occ ?

https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-nextcloud

Note: Both occ and updater.phar can be run without prepending with sudo -u abc php or sudo -u www-data php

It also looks like the dir you are trying to use in the container is wrong it should be  i.e /config/www/nextcloud.

Try running running occ then the command without specifying the dir.

5 hours ago, Selmak said:

Have you tired just using occ ?

https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-nextcloud

Note: Both occ and updater.phar can be run without prepending with sudo -u abc php or sudo -u www-data php

It also looks like the dir you are trying to use in the container is wrong it should be  i.e /config/www/nextcloud.

Try running running occ then the command without specifying the dir.

So I would run "occ db:add-missing-indices" or "abc /occ db:add-missing-indices"?

23 hours ago, Kilrah said:

I gave you the exact command for add-missing-indices as an example and you somehow managed to run everything but that...

Nginx Proxy Manager

I'm not sure if I did anything wrong? I tried the different folders and more than specified?

Wasn't Nginx superseeded by swag? I know I had everything setup with a different reverse proxy first, but that didn't work anymore, so I had to use Swag instead...

6 hours ago, Selmak said:

Didn't work here with the current lsio container when I tested.

43 minutes ago, DrBobke said:

So I would run "occ db:add-missing-indices" or "abc /occ db:add-missing-indices"?

Again I gave you the exact, tested command. 

42 minutes ago, DrBobke said:

Wasn't Nginx superseeded by swag?

Nope, they're just 2 ways of doing essentially the same thing, and both run nginx to do the job. Just NPM is a graphical interface and swag is command line/config file based and has some automation.

Edited by Kilrah
6 hours ago, DrBobke said:

Wasn't Nginx superseeded by swag?

You are thinking of when the container was named "Letsencrypt", but for obvious reasons the letsencrypt project was less than thrilled for a third party package to take their name.

Transitioning from the poorly named letsencrypt container to the identical swag was simply a matter of changing the repository name.

I was having an issue with my parity and one data disk always being spun up when NextCloud was started.  If I stopped NextCloud the drives would spin down like they should.  I followed SpaceInvaderOne's new guide and set NextCloud up from scratch.  I have everything working again, but I still have the data drive the files are stored on and the parity drive not spinning down.  When I look at the file activity plugin, it shows that the nextcloud.log file is being opened and modified.  I have my appdata on my Cache Drive and only the folder for user files located on my array. 

Is  this normal behavior and if not, how do i get the log file moved to the Cache drive?

11 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Again I gave you the exact, tested command. 

Nope, they're just 2 ways of doing essentially the same thing, and both run nginx to do the job. Just NPM is a graphical interface and swag is command line/config file based and has some automation.

Thanks, but the exact command obviously didn't work... Thanks to Selmak's comment, it did...

I will have to check out Nginx then, instead of swag. Is there any good reference you can point me to in making the change please?

6 hours ago, JonathanM said:

You are thinking of when the container was named "Letsencrypt", but for obvious reasons the letsencrypt project was less than thrilled for a third party package to take their name.

Transitioning from the poorly named letsencrypt container to the identical swag was simply a matter of changing the repository name.

Yes, you are absolutely right, it used to be letsencrypt! I just followed the video from SpaceInvader One to get it set up...

Hello, new user here to unraid and nextcloud so please be patient and if you can explain fully for me. I have searched all over and just cant locate which/where/what files need to be changed.

I am trying to upload via iphone a file larger then 500mb and get file to large error for my nextcloud.

I have unraid 6.11.5, the latest nextcloud-linuxserver version docker and also with swag-linuxserver docker versions all at latest.

Can someone specifically directing me into locating said files, and where exactly in the file and what needs to be changed? I have spent all day trying to locate and make changes to older results but have not changed. All changes have been reverted back. I have also dont restarts on the dockers each time as well.

I have found this to be the most recent info:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

but can not locate what exactly the files to be changed

i assume this is what is needed?

Nextcloud comes with its own nextcloud/.htaccess file. Because php-fpm can't read PHP settings in .htaccess these settings must be set in the nextcloud/.user.ini file.

Set the following two parameters inside the corresponding php.ini file (see the Loaded Configuration File section of :ref:`label-phpinfo` to find your relevant php.ini files)

php_value upload_max_filesize 16G

php_value post_max_size 16G

Are these the only 2 items that need to be changed? if so, I just can not locate specifically where under my setup of unraid/dockers-nextcloud/swag

18 hours ago, rushgunner said:

Hello, new user here to unraid and nextcloud so please be patient and if you can explain fully for me. I have searched all over and just cant locate which/where/what files need to be changed.

I am trying to upload via iphone a file larger then 500mb and get file to large error for my nextcloud.

I have unraid 6.11.5, the latest nextcloud-linuxserver version docker and also with swag-linuxserver docker versions all at latest.

Can someone specifically directing me into locating said files, and where exactly in the file and what needs to be changed? I have spent all day trying to locate and make changes to older results but have not changed. All changes have been reverted back. I have also dont restarts on the dockers each time as well.

I have found this to be the most recent info:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

but can not locate what exactly the files to be changed

i assume this is what is needed?

Nextcloud comes with its own nextcloud/.htaccess file. Because php-fpm can't read PHP settings in .htaccess these settings must be set in the nextcloud/.user.ini file.

Set the following two parameters inside the corresponding php.ini file (see the Loaded Configuration File section of :ref:`label-phpinfo` to find your relevant php.ini files)

php_value upload_max_filesize 16G

php_value post_max_size 16G

Are these the only 2 items that need to be changed? if so, I just can not locate specifically where under my setup of unraid/dockers-nextcloud/swag

I’m not re-inventing wheel but this works: 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/48383-support-linuxserverio-nextcloud/?do=findComment&comment=1183298