[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi

I have installed Nextcloud on my new Unraid servers according the Spaceinvader one's videos - Thanks very much to Spaceinvader one.

Nextcloud seems to work just great but I cannot seem to solve the video previews issue.

I have searched the forums and found that I need that I apparently need to run some commands as follows:

"The first time you install this app, before using a cron job, you properly want to generate all previews via: ./occ preview:generate-all -vvv

Important: To enable pre-generation of previews you must add php /var/www/nextcloud/occ preview:pre-generate to a system cron job that runs at times of your choosing."

I am knew to unraid and command lines :)  - can anyone help me with the following:
1. Where do I run the preview generator command on Unraid Nextcloud? (I have the appdata running on a cache disk).
2. How do I setup the cron job for this?

Thanks for your help :) 

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You don't need manual preview generation, but you need to enable preview for video files in nextcloud's config.php

Can you show how? 

BTW - What is the reason it is not automatically setup to show video thumbnails previews? 

Thanks

Edited by guyola
10 hours ago, guyola said:

BTW - What is the reason it is not automatically setup to show video thumbnails previews? 

See Nextcloud's official docs:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/22/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#previews

The following providers are disabled by default due to performance or privacy concerns

Also video previews need ffmpeg, which may not always be available.

I have this:

'enable_previews' => true,
  'enabledPreviewProviders' => 
  array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\MarkDown',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\Image',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\Photoshop',
    5 => 'OC\\Preview\\TIFF',
    6 => 'OC\\Preview\\SVG',
    7 => 'OC\\Preview\\Font',
    8 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    9 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    10 => 'OC\\Preview\\MKV',
    11 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP4',
    12 => 'OC\\Preview\\AVI',
  ),
  'preview_max_memory' => 1024,
  'preview_max_x' => NULL,
  'preview_max_y' => NULL,
  'preview_max_filesize_image' => 400,

Hi

Trying the app "Memories" for nextcloud, but im recieving this error when running the indexer for memories.

Possible to get exiftool in the docker?

root@b495e7fc2f6d:/# occ memories:index
Checking database indices

MIME Type support:
  image/png: supported
  image/jpeg: supported
  image/heic: not supported
  image/png: supported
  image/tiff: supported
  image/gif: supported
  image/bmp: supported
  image/x-dcraw: not supported
  video/mpeg: supported
  video/webm: supported
  video/mp4: supported
  video/quicktime: supported
  video/x-matroska: supported

Some file types are not supported by your preview provider.
Please see https://github.com/pulsejet/memories/wiki/File-Type-Support

WARN: Failed to create stay_open exiftool process
Exiftool timeout: [/config/www/nextcloud/apps/memories/exiftest.jpg]
Couldn't read Exif data from test file: Could not read from Exiftool
FATAL: exiftool could not be executed or test failed
Make sure you have perl 5 installed in PATH

On 12/19/2020 at 2:57 PM, Falcowe said:

Hey skios, thanks for your help. Sadly the changes to the config file didn't change the errors I'm getting. And there don't appear to be any errors in the log of nextcloud that would indicate why noting is uploading over a certain size. 

The changes I made to the config file were:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'random characters',
  'passwordsalt' => 'different randoom characters',
  'secret' => 'longer string of random characters',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'LAN IP: And nexcloud port',
    1 => 'mycloudURL',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies' =>
  array (
  0 => 'swag',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '19.0.6.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://LANIP:different nextcloud port',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'overwritehost' => 'mycloudURL',
  'dbname' => 'MyServerName+cloud',
  'dbhost' => 'LANIP:DPPort',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'its_me!',
  'dbpassword' => 'myPassword',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);

Any further ideas?

Falcowe Did you ever get a solution to this I am running into the EXACT same issue

On 12/21/2022 at 10:28 AM, Kilrah said:

See Nextcloud's official docs:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/22/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#previews

Also video previews need ffmpeg, which may not always be available.

I have this:

'enable_previews' => true,
  'enabledPreviewProviders' => 
  array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\MarkDown',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\Image',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\Photoshop',
    5 => 'OC\\Preview\\TIFF',
    6 => 'OC\\Preview\\SVG',
    7 => 'OC\\Preview\\Font',
    8 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    9 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    10 => 'OC\\Preview\\MKV',
    11 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP4',
    12 => 'OC\\Preview\\AVI',
  ),
  'preview_max_memory' => 1024,
  'preview_max_x' => NULL,
  'preview_max_y' => NULL,
  'preview_max_filesize_image' => 400,

Thanks for your answer.

I really appreciate it -  but i am new to Linux etc - can you be more specific where and how do I run these commands?
and which file do i update with the above commands? and do I need ffmpeg ?

I still do not know how to make this work and I reinstalled Nextcloud from scratch according to spaceinvader one videos.... but the videos still have no previews.... :(

Edited by guyola
30 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

ffmpeg is already there, there are no commands to run, and the config file will be in your appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php.

pls see the attached screen shots - they say you need to run commands and create a cron job for preview generator to create previews for the videos:

The first is the instructions in nextcloud when installing preview generatot
The second is a screenshot of how I see the videos previews in my Nextcloud...

Thanks

1043695831_2022-12-27093531.thumb.png.cfb01b5fd4d71540030589dd8473dd69.png1044843323_2022-12-27093820.thumb.png.250a2184b7ba2f2efab6374ecff0af59.png

Edited by guyola
35 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You don't need preview generator at all, this is for generating them in advance but that's not necessary, they'll just be done as required when browsing to where the files are.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH KILRAH FOR YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE.
I have updated the config file and its working 👍

Thanks 🙂👍

12 hours ago, acbaldwi said:

Falcowe Did you ever get a solution to this I am running into the EXACT same issue

Should anyone else come accross this issue, public shares when using cloudflare are limited to 100mb as public shares dont allow file chunking,  https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/29992

the solution is to create a user account and let them in that way, or pay for a bigger cloudflare cct, or use something other than cloudflare

Ugh!

I recently rebuilt my docker container as a result of a deleted container that kept coming back. Unfortunately, this process borked my Nextcloud. 😞 All other containers with a UI seem to work fine.

The Nextcloud container is running but when I try to access the WebUI I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. I tried the direct ip:port, but it seems to resolve to a name. I have Swag running as well. Note that when the docker rebuilt these two containers, the Network Type was set to none. I changed these to bridge but still no go.

I'm a relative noob and I'm not even sure where to start looking. Attached diagnostic file.

flores-diagnostics-20221228-1328.zip

24 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Did you redo any custom docker networks that you had set up previously? Those configurations are part of the docker image file.

Ha! That's what I just figured out after wrestling with this all day!

Also, for some reason, the container side ports and the server ports were set to the same port number. Changing these as appropriate (443 in container and 444 for the server) plus recreating the docker network did the trick.

Whew!

I guess rebuilding the docker container is not as straightforward as I thought it would be.

I'm all good now. Thanks!

Hi there, im stuck on updating nextcloud using the web udpater.

Now I get the error: update in process.

As written on the first page I tried to trigger the docker update on the terminal:

root@T30:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v24.0.0beta3-1-g67bf13b dirty

Step 6 is currently in process. Please call this command later.
root@T30:~#

What would be the best next step to get nextcloud working again?

Edit: turning of maintenance mode isnt working:

root@T30:~# docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --off
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ

EDIT2: Log says:

[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

and so on...

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Toobie
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I recently set up the container using SpaceInvaderOnes youtoube vod, with cloudflare ddns + swag. Everything is working great, heres the question. If i wanted to switch from swag to just using a cloudflare tunnel, is there something special that needs to be done? i tried switching and it makes the docker unnacessible from outside the network. 

I know i could just rebuild the docker and go through the setup but not sure what i am missing, assuming switching shouldnt be that hard?

On 12/30/2022 at 9:47 PM, kaine1688 said:

Hi, I recently set up the container using SpaceInvaderOnes youtoube vod, with cloudflare ddns + swag. Everything is working great, heres the question. If i wanted to switch from swag to just using a cloudflare tunnel, is there something special that needs to be done? i tried switching and it makes the docker unnacessible from outside the network. 

I know i could just rebuild the docker and go through the setup but not sure what i am missing, assuming switching shouldnt be that hard?

i switched from NPM and yeah its EZ.
stop Swag/NPM
install the cloudflare connector 'docker'

-you can use the cloudflare generated one or one from the appstore and just add your token to it.
'figro/unraid-cloudflared-tunnel'

then once thats all done. add the app to the tunnel on cloudflare
-check out DB Tech video.

no ports open needed.

Hi all, is there an explanation why the NextCloud container keeps losing the MariaDB connection? I have now set up everything for the 2nd time and overnight the connection to DB is gone.

I fed adminer with the credentials from config.php and was able to log in to the DB. Therefore the credentials should be correct. Can it perhaps be due to the custom docker network? Here I have specified the internal IP and not the unraid server plus port.

Any suggestion to solve this?

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1519): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1041): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(261): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(345): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(281): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(415): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(180): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(371): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(965): OC\AppConfig->getValues()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(725): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#15 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(184): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#16 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#17 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#18 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#19 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#20 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#21 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1119): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#22 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#23 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#24 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#25 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#26 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#27 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2070): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#28 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(117): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#29 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(462): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#30 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#31 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#32 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#33 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#34 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#35 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1472): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#36 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(617): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1144): OC::init()
#38 /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#39 {main}

23 hours ago, CptRetro said:

Hi all, is there an explanation why the NextCloud container keeps losing the MariaDB connection? I have now set up everything for the 2nd time and overnight the connection to DB is gone.

I fed adminer with the credentials from config.php and was able to log in to the DB. Therefore the credentials should be correct. Can it perhaps be due to the custom docker network? Here I have specified the internal IP and not the unraid server plus port.

Any suggestion to solve this?

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1519): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1041): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(261): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(345): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(281): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(415): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(180): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(371): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(965): OC\AppConfig->getValues()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(725): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#15 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(184): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#16 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#17 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#18 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#19 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#20 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#21 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1119): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#22 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#23 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#24 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#25 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#26 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#27 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2070): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#28 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(117): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#29 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(462): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#30 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#31 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#32 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#33 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#34 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#35 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1472): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#36 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(617): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1144): OC::init()
#38 /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#39 {main}

@linuxserver.io any suggestions?

SOLVED

I'm still struggling with getting rid of errors:

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/webfinger".
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/nodeinfo". 

Based on advice in this thread I've deleted files default AND default.config from /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/

I then clear browser cache, restart the container and when logging into NC i get "502 Bad Gateway - nginx/1.20.2" So I copied the default.config file (i had a backup) back into the directory and I can access Nextcloud again. But still have the errors.   

So the config file that is being recreated has a conflict. Is there any updated way to fix these errors? I'm on NC 25.0.2 latest container. 

SOLVED - -  I had to delete the nginx.conf file in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/ as well. Then restart the container and errors are gone. 

Edited by adminmat