[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 1/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, skois said:

*Click Finish Setup. (DONT CLOSE PAGE on 504 error)

*With the page still displaying 504 error, go to /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/ and edit the config.php

truested_domain section should look like this (dont forget the comma after each entry). ofc change the ips according to yours.
You should only need to add the line 1, 0 should be there.

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '10.0.0.72:444',
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

*After saving the config.php. Go back to your browser and refresh the page. It should now ask you to log in. 

In case still shows 504 error. Try restarting docker WITHOUT CLOSING the page. and when docker restarts, refresh the page once more.

My install keeps sending me back to the login page. Updated congig.php with my own IP range/domain.

Did a full clean install after a live install died this week. Fortunately all data is stored on external storage :)

Yesterday I did manage to get it somehow going on a donor-database, but shortly after migrating to the live one, MadiaDB died.

I was hoping to get everything going again, but no luck for the past 16 hours

getting the same issue with SQLite btw 😭

Edited by XisoP

Seems like my nextcloud is broken at the moment. Has anyone seen this error before?

PHP Fatal error: Declaration of Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection::query() must be compatible with PDO::query(string $query, ?int $fetchMode = null, mixed ...$fetchModeArgs) in /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php on line 70

Hi !

I updated to nextcloud 25.0.3, and I have some new warnings (I already had some for monthes, about security-headers and policies, and also reverse proxy, but don't have the skills yet to fix them) regarding the apps folder permissions, it says that the owner is different from the web server user.

I think it could be fixed with a little bit of chmod, but what is the default web server username ? in nextcloud docs, it is often "www-data", is that the case here ?

On 1/2/2023 at 3:36 AM, Raczo said:

Hi i updated the container in unraid webgui now i get this when trying to access nextcloud in my browser:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4.
You are currently running 8.0.25.

How can i fix this?

sooo... this was fun! I just went through this process and realized that the Nextcloud version does not update with the container...so here I was running a 2 year old version and in the same boat as you!

how to fix:

Stop container, edit and pull an older tag "linuxserver/nextcloud:20.0.4" or something like that.
This should then allow you to start the container and login... now you can manually update and webui update. For some reason I could not update via the webui so I did it manually

Nextcloud docker console

updater.phar

Follow the prompts. It's very very straight forward.
You'll want to leave maintenance mode on after each session.

You will need to run this command after each successful update (18 -> 19 -> 20 etc.)
you do need to do this for every version you're behind.
you can turn off maintenance mode once you're at the latest version!

after all that, you can edit the docker container back to ":latest" and test it out! all should be working now.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:00 PM, dysolve said:

you need to downgrade your install

change the respository yo "linuxserver/nextcloud:140" and it will downgrade it.

then you will need to manually upgrade next cloud to v13 and then remove the ":140" part and upgrade and you will be fine.

This is a long one. Sorry in advance. I love my Nextcloud, but I am not very knowledgeable about how to fix my issues with it. bear with me.

I am currently having a very similar issue to what I found in this thread. My Nextcloud has been working fine for a few years now, but a few months ago it quit and started giving me the message "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4.
You are currently running 8.0.25." (I have been too busy to address the issue, so it sat broken for quite some time.)

When I finally got to addressing the issue, My first step was to run an update command in the nextcloud console. That seemed to go just fine, but it did not change my problem. Next:

I followed the advice here and downgraded my container with the tag :140. This only made me receive a similar but different message: "This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 7.2
You are currently running 7.1.17. Please update your PHP version."

So I tried going to 150 assuming that the tag line means version of nextcloud. (15.0) And now I am back in on the UI side except I am in Maintenance mode and cannot get out of it.

I tried following the update instructions on the first page and updating through unraid terminal, but NOW I get errors when I try. I do not have access to the nextcloud UI to use OCC due to maintenace mode not being able to be turned off. I will attach pics of what terminal looks like when I try to update or turn off maintenace mode. Maybe I am just inputting commands wrong...

image.png.38f6e72a5eb580f3db9edd9a323cb7f4.pngimage.png.14a2f275a4dd932a50c7ef0d9d60935b.pngimage.thumb.png.85d4baa920d091a129915a6bdba9b85f.png

12 hours ago, Mustangf22 said:

This is a long one. Sorry in advance. I love my Nextcloud, but I am not very knowledgeable about how to fix my issues with it. bear with me.

I am currently having a very similar issue to what I found in this thread. My Nextcloud has been working fine for a few years now, but a few months ago it quit and started giving me the message "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4.
You are currently running 8.0.25." (I have been too busy to address the issue, so it sat broken for quite some time.)

When I finally got to addressing the issue, My first step was to run an update command in the nextcloud console. That seemed to go just fine, but it did not change my problem. Next:

I followed the advice here and downgraded my container with the tag :140. This only made me receive a similar but different message: "This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 7.2
You are currently running 7.1.17. Please update your PHP version."

So I tried going to 150 assuming that the tag line means version of nextcloud. (15.0) And now I am back in on the UI side except I am in Maintenance mode and cannot get out of it.

I tried following the update instructions on the first page and updating through unraid terminal, but NOW I get errors when I try. I do not have access to the nextcloud UI to use OCC due to maintenace mode not being able to be turned off. I will attach pics of what terminal looks like when I try to update or turn off maintenace mode. Maybe I am just inputting commands wrong...

image.png.38f6e72a5eb580f3db9edd9a323cb7f4.pngimage.png.14a2f275a4dd932a50c7ef0d9d60935b.pngimage.thumb.png.85d4baa920d091a129915a6bdba9b85f.png

Nevermind, I got this sorted out. I just needed to keep updating. I was like on nextcloud version 18 since I have never once updated nextcloud. I always thought that the docker image kept it updated. But know I know. Also I did not realize that when I told it to update the first time it was only an incremental update. I had to update like 5 or six times in order to make to the the current stable version of 25.0.3

I updated to 25.0.3 via occ and it's been running smoothly for ~1 week. Then I got this:

3.png.60f07393c940a9aa32c0ae4c5da5ed9a.png

I can't stop nor restart the container. So I tried to "force upgrade" just to see what it output and I got this:

4.thumb.png.4cda07ea5f995d4350781a82fd293915.png

Tried "docker ps" but the docker ID is only 12 characters, not that long like in the picture. Then I tried to downgrade to 25.0.2 and it works fine again. But after an hour, the container is unreachable and I get the execution error again.

What to do?

On 1/13/2023 at 12:55 PM, XisoP said:

My install keeps sending me back to the login page. Updated congig.php with my own IP range/domain.

Did a full clean install after a live install died this week. Fortunately all data is stored on external storage :)

Yesterday I did manage to get it somehow going on a donor-database, but shortly after migrating to the live one, MadiaDB died.

I was hoping to get everything going again, but no luck for the past 16 hours

getting the same issue with SQLite btw 😭

I fixed my issue. Unfortunately I couldn't save my love database, have to add everyone again. 

Turns out it was a networking issue. Got new networking hardware some time ago, installed all the VLANs on my main NIC. This caused some serious issues turned out. 

Got an extra NIC, removed the VLANs from the main nic and installed them on the second. 

Done a fresh install of nextcloud:latest with a new database (old one was corrupted after trial and error). Just left the gateway timeout on initialization for a couple of minutes and had a succesfull login. 

I don't know the programming language to get under the hood so all this "docker exec -i Nextcloud sudo -u root php -f is lost on me but I'm learning, I figured -u is user.

I have searched the forum and the web but all I get is more confused.

I have nextcloud installed and running but I can't figure out CRON in nextcloud, it says CRON recommended

Use system cron service to call the cron.php file every 5 minutes. Recommended for all instances. The cron.php needs to be executed by the system user "www-data".

my nextcloud cron.php file is in location "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/html/cron.php"

but how do I run the file?

I tried with User Scripts

#!/bin/bash
docker exec -i Nextcloud sudo -u root php -f /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/html/cron.php

but this did nothing

and I see crontab on websites, I did find it on terminal "crontab -e" but not sure what to type in and any thing I try I try is just a stab in the dark, I can't even get it to save or run.

Could someone please help.

Edited by phileeny
Hi everyone, I am trying to install the Recognize app (for face recognition) and I am getting the following error:
Any idea how I could fix this?
Thanks!

image.thumb.png.7d5b96eb4e89c26055b368e4d6eca335.png
Hi i am also interested. Although it shows this error it seems to work and i get some faces organized and tagged but it goes slow.
And when i click in a tagged foto oft a person it won't show up large. Just this rolling circle all the time.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 6 Pro mit Tapatalk

I updated my Nextcloud docker container today, and now I am not able to connect to it.  This is the error I get:

image.png.ed3e47666d4b6aaf388f0e40b49a5ccc.png

Where should I look in order to try to diagnose this problem? I don't see any errors in the log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dius

Since there doesn't seem to be any way to fix what has broken on my Nextcloud installation, I was wondering if I could simply remove it, then add it again.  Would that solve my problem?  

For the benefit of anyone reading this, my Nextcloud service was working fine.  I always accessed it using a domain.  Just a couple of days ago, I was notified that there was an update to my Nextcloud docker so I went ahead and updated it.  Nextcloud starts just fine.  There are no errors in the log, however I can no longer access it.  It doesn't  matter if I use the domain or the IP address.  The result is the same. It appears that there may be some kind of certificate issue but I have no idea how to debug it it and fix it.  My thinking is that I may just remove it entirely from my Unraid server, then download and install a new one.  I may lose all of my configurations, and may have to figure out how to get Collabora working again, but that may get me back up and running.

Any other recommendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@dius I'm having the same problem. Nextcloud was working fine, today after updating recently my Windows client can't access Nextcloud (which I access via a domain).

No errors that I could see in the log but there were these lines:

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****

**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
/config/nginx/nginx.conf
/config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf

cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/85-version-checks exited 0

I don't know much about nginx but I think it's the application that allows the accessing via the domain. So maybe there's a problem here?

@sonofdbn

I don't think those lines are significant.  I have seen them from the very first time I started using Nextcloud.  There definite differences in the config files, but that is due to your local setting etc.  I don't know enough about the config options to know if there are any significant changes.  I tried using the new sample config files, but it didn't make any difference.

It looks like there may be an incompatible certificate now, but I have no idea how to figure that out.

OK, thanks for that info @dius. Now, I'm very hazy about exactly what it does, but I use Swag (previously Letsencrypt) in conjunction with Nextcloud. The Swag logs seem to be constantly writing this line:

nginx: [emerg] "stream" directive is not allowed here in /etc/nginx/conf.d/stream.conf:3

Maybe that points to something that's relevant to the problem.

I wish I knew more about how this worked.  I am seriously thinking about just deleting Nextcloud from my UnRaid server and starting over, but I'm not sure if that will solve anything.  I'd like to get some other opinions first before I take such a drastic step.