[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 3/5/2023 at 6:34 PM, leprechaun17 said:

How did you execute the docker commands on unraid?

Sorry for the noob question.

While executing the commands from the same answer you were looking at I have time over ;-)

I see that @blaine07 already answered your question, but I think he is missing what you are asking about.

A command line window can be opened from the top right corner of the Unraid GUI  >_

Capture.JPG

So I have been having a problem accessing my nextcloud server.  I cannot reach it internally by internal:port no matter what and also my nginx proxy manager has been giving me 502 bad gateway errors for a while too.

The straw that may have broken the camel's back was when I moved my DNS provider for my domain over to cloudflare in order to begin using cloudflare tunnels for other apps.  As it seems accessing NC through the tunnel is wildly against the TOS for the tunnel I would like to revert back to using NPM for reverse proxying.  I use cloud.mydomain.com to access and I am sure that there is a CNAME record pointing cloud.mydomain.com over to nextcloud***.duckdns.org which then of course directs to my public IP.  This all appears to be working correctly.

Any ideas within the NC container on things I could have jacked up to break the access to my NC instance?

I also tested the container via unraid CLI using occ commands to ensure that the container is actually working, and it seems like it is chugging along perfectly.

Hard to say if this is exactly your issue but make sure you have your internal DNS pointing to the nextcloud server directly or the nginx servers internal address, not your external address.
Otherwise you are trying to bounce traffic via your router/firewalls external IP address which will be blocked.
I put a post up on the valtwarden forum a while back about a similar issue they have where all traffic has to be HTTPS so it is best to bounce both internal and external traffic through the nginx proxy.
This is not quite what your trying to do but the DNS principle is the same.
Ext DNS: cloud.mydomain.com -> my_ddns_ext_ip
Int DNS: cloud.mydomain.com -> either nginx or nextcloud server
Hope this makes sense.
https://github.com/dani-garcia/vaultwarden/discussions/1749#discussioncomment-4701804

Edited by cat2devnull
On 3/11/2023 at 7:01 PM, cat2devnull said:

Hard to say if this is exactly your issue but make sure you have your internal DNS pointing to the nextcloud server directly or the nginx servers internal address, not your external address.
Otherwise you are trying to bounce traffic via your router/firewalls external IP address which will be blocked.
I put a post up on the valtwarden forum a while back about a similar issue they have where all traffic has to be HTTPS so it is best to bounce both internal and external traffic through the nginx proxy.
This is not quite what your trying to do but the DNS principle is the same.
Ext DNS: cloud.mydomain.com -> my_ddns_ext_ip
Int DNS: cloud.mydomain.com -> either nginx or nextcloud server
Hope this makes sense.
https://github.com/dani-garcia/vaultwarden/discussions/1749#discussioncomment-4701804

That makes sense, however I am pretty sure that is working fine as when I look at logs from PiHole my query is returned exactly as it should be.

Does anyone think it would be possible to destroy the container and start building fresh?  Like if I don't touch the database and point the new container to it will it work?  Or will it just be using the same files in /appdata and not really do anything?

Edited by ps2sunvalley
On 3/5/2023 at 10:48 PM, DayspringGaming said:

All of a sudden getting an internal server error, and the error log shows the following when trying to log in via the webUI:

I haven't made any networking changes or anything - ran the updater tonight without issue, still having this error.

Kinda the same deal here.  Noticed the other day I was getting Internal Server Error when trying to log in.  Luckily I had one tab open in Nextcloud on my laptop. It seems if I was already logged in I have access but the act of logging in is failing.  Anyone with any ideas?

image.thumb.png.5b40ee4b255b3fe638910cd653af61ab.png

I'm getting the following error with my installation:

Your installation has no default phone region set. This is required to validate phone numbers in the profile settings without a country code. To allow numbers without a country code, please add "default_phone_region" with the respective ISO 3166-1 code ↗ of the region to your config file.

I took a look at the config.php file found here: /www/nextcloud/config and I already have the "default_phone_region" set to US as seen below. 

'maintenance' => false,
  'defualt_phone_region' => 'US',
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,
  'app_install_overwrite' => 

Does this also need to be set somewhere else? Or is there another variable that needs to be set in conjunction with this? 

1 hour ago, Richamc01 said:

I already have the "default_phone_region" set to US as seen below. 

No, you don't.

1 hour ago, Richamc01 said:
'defualt_phone_region' => 'US',

You've looked so many times you can't see the issue. Not making fun, I've been there, done that. Compare letter by letter if you need to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi

I have finally installed a fresh stable nextcloud on my unraid server.

I would like to install a document solution nextcloud on unraid (like office or google docs):

Can anyone explaIn what is the difference between onlyoffice and nextcloud office?

Which one is better and why?

And is there a guide how to install them?

Thank you

On 3/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, JonathanM said:

No, you don't.

You've looked so many times you can't see the issue. Not making fun, I've been there, done that. Compare letter by letter if you need to.

Haha! This is great. I see my typo now. Thanks for the assistance with my "technical problem." 

I suddenly have a problem with my nextcloud instance:

Whenever I try to access it it gives me

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

I checked the log and here it goes:

#31 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#32 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#33 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#34 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#35 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1445): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#36 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(602): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1104): OC::init()
#38 /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#39 {main}
[migrations] started
[migrations] 01-nginx-site-confs-default: skipped
[migrations] done
usermod: no changes
───────────────────────────────────────

██╗     ███████╗██╗ ██████╗ 
      ██║     ██╔════╝██║██╔═══██╗
      ██║     ███████╗██║██║   ██║
      ██║     ╚════██║██║██║   ██║      
      ███████╗███████║██║╚██████╔╝
      ╚══════╝╚══════╝╚═╝ ╚═════╝ 

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/

GID/UID

User UID:    99
User GID:    100

using keys found in /config/keys
**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
┌────────────┬────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│  old date  │  new date  │ path                                                                   │
├────────────┼────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│            │ 2022-08-20 │ /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf                                  │
└────────────┴────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Host is unreachable in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1519): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1041): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(261): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(345): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(281): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(411): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(176): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(367): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(983): OC\AppConfig->getValues()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(713): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#15 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(184): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#16 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#17 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#18 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#19 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#20 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#21 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1105): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#22 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#23 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#24 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#25 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#26 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#27 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2082): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#28 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(122): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#29 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(454): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#30 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(162): OC\Server->OC\{closure}()
#31 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}()
#32 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(129): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()
#33 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query()
#34 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(57): OC\ServerContainer->query()
#35 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1445): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get()
#36 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(602): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1104): OC::init()
#38 /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('...')
#39 {main}

I have used google but i am at a loss

Thx at all you guys helping

after upgrading to NC 26.0.0

Administration settings > Overview

error-

The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not set to "noindex, nofollow". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

The Fix:
update [line 54] on your default.conf file

appdata > nextcloud > nginx > site-confs > default.conf

from

add_header X-Robots-Tag "none" always;

to

add_header X-Robots-Tag "noindex, nofollow" always;

Restart container.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

any fix for missing PHP module sysvsem in v 26.0 ?

It's fixed for me with the new docker image. I'm on Nextcloud 26 and am not seeing any issues other than an X-Robot-Tag error in Nextcloud admin, but I have verified that my X-Robot-Tag set. 

Edited by darcon
7 hours ago, Tolete said:

after upgrading to NC 26.0.0

Administration settings > Overview

error-

The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not set to "noindex, nofollow". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

The Fix:
update [line 54] on your default.conf file

appdata > nextcloud > nginx > site-confs > default.conf

from

add_header X-Robots-Tag "none" always;

to

add_header X-Robots-Tag "noindex, nofollow" always;

Restart container.

Irony! I went through today and Updated the few files on run commands it said I had "out of date" and one of them was this file. When I updated it fussed and MADE ME change it to "NONE" to work; here we are, it already needs to be back on what it had just updated to LOL

FARKLE

Thank you!

How is V26 of Nextcloud in general?

13 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Irony! I went through today and Updated the few files on run commands it said I had "out of date" and one of them was this file. When I updated it fussed and MADE ME change it to "NONE" to work; here we are, it already needs to be back on what it had just updated to LOL

FARKLE

Thank you!

How is V26 of Nextcloud in general?

I had permission issues with the docker initially, couldn't write to config or apps. I think it was from the Unraid permission tool; I had to run it on my cache drive a couple months back. 

26 seems fine to me. My instance is pretty small though. 

43 minutes ago, darcon said:

I tried this, but the error persists. I see the X-Robots-Tag in Chrome and on internet header scanner websites. Also went through my swag config, but haven't found the issue yet. 

please post your 

# HTTP response headers borrowed from Nextcloud `.htaccess`

section from your default.conf file.

currently sitting on A+ here, no errors 👨‍💻
1069575604_nc26.a.thumb.png.ada222d01de57c899b15c176b8687c0d.png

Edited by Tolete