[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Worth a shot.

So what does "occ status" think now?

And what version is it trying to update to?

Also you could try performing "occ integrity:check-core" and "occ maintenance:repair" to see if it can fix the issue.

You could also try performing the upgrade via the command line, you might get some more useful debugging. "occ upgrade"

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, cat2devnull said:

Worth a shot.

So what does "occ status" think now?

And what version is it trying to update to?

Also you could try performing "occ integrity:check-core" and "occ maintenance:repair" to see if it can fix the issue.

You could also try performing the upgrade via the command line, you might get some more useful debugging. "occ upgrade"

occ status

root@c9defde43c12:/# occ status
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
  - installed: true
  - version: 23.0.12.2
  - versionstring: 23.0.12
  - edition: 
  - maintenance: false
  - needsDbUpgrade: true
  - productname: Nextcloud
  - extendedSupport: false
root@c9defde43c12:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php
<?php 
$OC_Version = array(23,0,12,2);
$OC_VersionString = '23.0.12';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
$OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array (
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '22.0' => true,
    '23.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$OC_Build = '2023-03-21T09:23:03+00:00 62cfd3b4c9ff4d8cdbbe6dcc8b63a1085bb94e3d';
$vendor = 'nextcloud';
root@c9defde43c12:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version
  'version' => '23.0.12.2',

occ integrity:check-core

root@c9defde43c12:/# occ integrity:check-core
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
  - INVALID_HASH:
    - version.php:
      - expected: 496b0d7d08003a9eddf37370e7ec64e701f1ea31eaef04d3c26beb1f5777855f608bc436525868473f69d8356b8341a8d3c8ce72830a9f9366643fa7e7c924e8
      - current: bfd86c89b63342ba16e67f0c3488a69e03e08b37c490e8d4dd0bec9112e39fc28a6f00ee261d733bad5afc44bf1d3270a1de1a5e3b1d8defc49eb29f22c0cb2a

occ maintenance:repair

Did not help

occ upgrade

root@c9defde43c12:/# occ upgrade
Setting log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
UnexpectedValueException: The files of the app "files" were not correctly replaced before running the update
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level

Repository: lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

But after this I did try 

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

And this actually worked!

Now im back at my login screen, but when im trying to login im getting this error:

“Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.
If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.
More details can be found in the server log"

Im not sure where I can find this log.

I've been looking in the "error.log" but that wasn't much of help..

Worth mentioning,

Now when I am getting to the login screen I did run these command again:

root@c9defde43c12:/# occ status
  - version: 24.0.12.1
  - versionstring: 24.0.12
  - edition: 
  - needsDbUpgrade: false
root@c9defde43c12:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php
<?php 
$OC_Version = array(24,0,12,1);
$OC_VersionString = '24.0.12';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
$OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array (
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '23.0' => true,
    '24.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.5' => true,
  ),
);
$OC_Build = '2023-04-19T16:04:20+00:00 5b79bb15b510f52ab598fa45e6977857a9d4895a';
$vendor = 'nextcloud';
root@c9defde43c12:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version
  'version' => '24.0.12.1',

Edited by gevsan

Great stuff, starting to get somewhere.

2 hours ago, gevsan said:

occ integrity:check-core

- INVALID_HASH:

- version.php:

This is just because we had to hand edited the file so we broke the hash. Not a big deal.

But after this I did try

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

And this actually worked!

Ok, sorry that's on me. I gave you the wrong command because I didn't read the upgrade docs carefully.

updater.phar prepares the system for an upgrade and performs the steps listed;

• Check for expected files
  • Check for write permissions
  • Enable maintenance mode
  • Create backup
  • Downloading
  • Extracting
  • Replace entry points
  • Delete old files
  • Move new files in place

Once that is done, it is ready to perform the upgrade which uses the "occ upgrade" command.

So you're making progress. Looks like you are on 24.0.12.

FYI running "docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar" from Unraid is the same as running "updater.phar" from the NextCloud docker directly.

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

2 steps forward 1 step back :)

So first just make sure you are on php 8 as 24.0.12 can't run on php 7.

Run "php -v" from within the docker.

The log files of interest are;

/config/log/php/error.log

/config/log/nginx/access.log
/config/log/nginx/error.log

This is probably a permissions issue... But that's an educated guess.

See if there are any errors in the logs.

Sorry this is taking so much back and forth but I have never hit this type of corruption during an upgrade and I'm not an expert. I know just enough to be dangerous. :)
If anyone else on this forum knows what their doing, feel free to jump in.

On 4/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, cat2devnull said:

So first just make sure you are on php 8 as 24.0.12 can't run on php 7.

Run "php -v" from within the docker.

The log files of interest are;

/config/log/php/error.log

/config/log/nginx/access.log
/config/log/nginx/error.log

This is probably a permissions issue... But that's an educated guess.

See if there are any errors in the logs.

Sorry this is taking so much back and forth but I have never hit this type of corruption during an upgrade and I'm not an expert. I know just enough to be dangerous. :)
If anyone else on this forum knows what their doing, feel free to jump in.

php -v

root@c9defde43c12:/# php -v
PHP 8.1.18 (cli) (built: Apr 13 2023 23:14:07) (NTS)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.1.18, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v8.1.18, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

I've attached the logs.

/config/log/nginx/error.log <-- This is Blank empty.

Edited by gevsan
Removed attached

I had problems with my Redis docker but got it to work again.

Now i'm getting this error in the log.

2023/04/26 15:07:16 [error] 324#324: *566 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php on line 34" while reading response header from upstream, client: 162.158.222.183, server: _, request: "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain"
2023/04/26 15:07:43 [error] 318#318: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php on line 34" while reading response header from upstream, client: 162.158.222.228, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain"
2023/04/26 15:07:48 [error] 319#319: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php on line 34" while reading response header from upstream, client: 162.158.222.228, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain"

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php   

line 34

class Redis extends Cache implements IMemcacheTTL {
	/**
	 * @var \Redis $cache
	 */
	private static $cache = null;

public function __construct($prefix = '', string $logFile = '') {
		parent::__construct($prefix);
		if (is_null(self::$cache)) {
			self::$cache = \OC::$server->getGetRedisFactory()->getInstance();
		}
	}

Anyone know what I should do?

Edited by gevsan
4 hours ago, gevsan said:

I had problems with my Redis docker but got it to work again.

Now i'm getting this error in the log.

2023/04/26 15:07:16 [error] 324#324: *566 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php on line 34" while reading response header from upstream, client: 162.158.222.183, server: _, request: "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain"
2023/04/26 15:07:43 [error] 318#318: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php on line 34" while reading response header from upstream, client: 162.158.222.228, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain"
2023/04/26 15:07:48 [error] 319#319: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php on line 34" while reading response header from upstream, client: 162.158.222.228, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain"

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Memcache/Redis.php   

line 34

class Redis extends Cache implements IMemcacheTTL {
	/**
	 * @var \Redis $cache
	 */
	private static $cache = null;

public function __construct($prefix = '', string $logFile = '') {
		parent::__construct($prefix);
		if (is_null(self::$cache)) {
			self::$cache = \OC::$server->getGetRedisFactory()->getInstance();
		}
	}

Anyone know what I should do?

These error messages indicate that there is a problem with the Nextcloud installation on your server. Specifically, there is a naming conflict with the Redis class in the Memcache module.

The error message "Cannot declare class OC\Memcache\Redis, because the name is already in use" suggests that the Redis class has already been declared, and attempting to declare it again is causing a fatal error.

I would check your Nextcloud config file for code related to Redis/Memcache | Nextcloud documentation on Memcache. 

your config should look something like this.

nc_config.png

Edited by Tolete
config added

So i just had a cache drive replaced and did the whole move the appdata files off the cache , to the array, then back after replacing the drive.

All my docker containers started back up no issue, with the exception of nextcloud.  I can't get it to run.  I go to the "logs" and it appears to be running, but i can't get to it, no matter how I try.  I can't see anything in log files in appdata/nextcloud/nginx nor the system log file.  I did see breifly something about "mysql has gone away" in the system logs after i started diagnosing the issue, but i can't find that error any more.  I also tried restoring nextcloud from a known good backup, still no luck.  It had been running for months before this, so its not a new install.

Any ideas where i can look?

Edited by tvd1

Somehow, at some point in the last couple of days, my Nextcloud docker started having issues. Monday morning things were fine, but at some point in the afternoon we started getting a 504 error.

Nothing had been changed in Nextcloud or Unraid, so I'm at a loss as to what happened. Since the problem came up, I made sure that all of my dockers are up to date, as well as Unraid, I've restarted the server, but we're still seeing the problem.

Hello all.

Desparately looking for some help, as I've been struggling with this Nextcloud docker issue for some time.

Over time, my Nextcloud docker instance will 'randomly' (I say Randomly... it used to be days, now its around 20 - 30 minutes) lock up and become unresponsive. I am unable to stop or kill the container from the UNRAID GUI, nor the CLI. The only way to get it running again is to restart the whole server.

A few weeks ago, I deleted / recreated the docker image - this seemed to do the trick, and I had around a month of blissful, stable Nextcloud. Just the other day, I updated the container, and boom! It started locking up, seemingly randomly.

I tried disabling lots of apps in Nextcloud, but to no avail.

Through google-fu, I tried tweaking teh configuration with the following, but it didn't help any...

Added this to user/appdata/nextcloud/php/www2.conf, based on the error found in php error.log (WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it)

pm = dynamic
pm.max_children = 300
pm.start_servers = 8
pm.min_spare_servers = 8
pm.max_spare_servers = 16
pm.max_requests = 500

References :

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/nc-23-upgrade-crashes-php-fpm-server-reached-pm-max-children-setting-10-consider-raising-it/129178

https://chrismoore.ca/2018/10/finding-the-correct-pm-max-children-settings-for-php-fpm/

Also upped the memory limit and set timezone in user/appdata/nextcloud/php/php-local.conf:

date.timezone = Europe/Prague
memory_limt = 6G

======

The last crash showed a number of errors in the nginx error.log…

2023/05/11 09:38:57 [error] 339#339: *585 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.4, server: _, request: "POST /index.php/apps/bookmarks/public/rest/v2/lock HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "cloud.drkmtr.xyz"

A bit of google-fu led to this…

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/issues/211

Adding the following to config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf, under the  location ~ \.php(?:$|/) section 

fastcgi_read_timeout 600;
fastcgi_send_timeout 600;
fastcgi_connect_timeout 600;
proxy_connect_timeout 600;
proxy_send_timeout 600;
proxy_read_timeout 600;
send_timeout 600;

However, through much server rebooting, I have managed to corrleate, that when I start browsing files on Nextcloud through the browser, thats when its starts to lock up. Its now started having an effect on the UNRAID GUI... trying to browse to the nextcloud appdata whilst its hung, causes the whole intereface to lock up for a bit.

I'm at my wits-end with this, so much so, I'm considering migrating from docker to virtual server running ubunutu or something.

Any thoughts on resolving this? I don;t know where else to look.

Last night I was updating dockers and my next cloud installation.  First shut down the NextCloud docker, updated Maria, then updated NextCloud, turned the docker back on.

Went to the admin page and ran the update to go from v25 to 26, but its stuck on step 3.  I saw other solutions about removing the updater files, but I don't see any of those.  

Updating from command line gives me the same please wait message.  

NextCloud is not in maintenance mode.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 9.43.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 9.46.12 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for help with Nextcloud AIO. I'm not sure if this is the right post to reply to, but i couldn't find an AIO specific thread.

I'm trying to edit the config.php file to include "'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,". I go into the console for the "nextcloud-aio-nextcloud" container and cd my way to the config folder, and the config.php file is there. I can't figure out how to edit the file. Also, where in the world is that file located on my unraid server? I've tried to find it using krusader but no luck. 

The biggest draw back to AIO on unraid is that i can't find any of these types of files anywhere! I just need help editing that config.php file so the system will check for new files. I've also tried using the OCC command but get errors using it. 

I can use "cat config.php" and it displays the file, but from there can't seem to make any edits. If i "nano config.php" i get "nano not found." I've tried just about every command out there and can't find a way to edit that file. Please help! 

Side note: If there's a way to browse these files with krusader i'd love to know how! I'm not sure why these files are impossible to find on Unraid?

edit: if i open a console to the nextcloud-aio-nextcloud container and enter 'sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan" i get "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /var/www/html/3rdparty/composer/autoload_real.php on line 35"

Edited by BirdHeezy

I hope that someone can shine a light a small problems that I am having.  Whenever I am syncing multiple clients to the server, transferring large files, usually video, the Nextcloud instance stops responding within less than a minute, and all clients crash.  If I disable all but one client, the transfer process completes.  I would have to do this one at a time, allowing one client to finish before re-enabling next.  Is there a fix to this?  Not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Lev

I got the message "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4. You are currently running 8.1.19." on web ui. I try to manually update nextcloud to lastest version but got this message "“Updates between multiple major versions are unsupported” message is shown during an update. How to fix this problem.

Please help.

Unraid OS 6.10.1

Nextcloud : 18.0.4 Repository : linuxserver/nextcloud

Best Regards,

There are plenty of posts over the last couple of months about this.
Basically you have been updating the NextCloud docker but not updating NextCloud itself.
There are a few options, you could downgrade the docker, get NextCloud running again on PHP7 and then update via the GUI.
The other option is to upgrade via the command line within the docker shell.

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar
occ upgrade

19 hours ago, Jeerapong said:

Updates between multiple major versions are unsupported

When upgrading you can only update one version at a time.

So the question is what version are you actually on, and what version is it trying to upgrade to?

This seems to be an issue that a few users have been hitting recently.
It may be the case that if you upgrade to the latest docker, hit the PHP issue and then try to upgrade NextCloud it gets into a weird state where the upgrade process fails part way through and the versioning gets out of sync.
Eg, it is actually on v22 but thinks its on v23 so attempts an upgrade to v24 (if that makes sense).

You can check as per my earlier post here.

Edited by cat2devnull
2 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

There are plenty of posts over the last couple of months about this.
Basically you have been updating the NextCloud docker but not updating NextCloud itself.
There are a few options, you could downgrade the docker, get NextCloud running again on PHP7 and then update via the GUI.
The other option is to upgrade via the command line within the docker shell.

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar
occ upgrade

When upgrading you can only update one version at a time.

So the question is what version are you actually on, and what version is it trying to upgrade to?

This seems to be an issue that a few users have been hitting recently.
It may be the case that if you upgrade to the latest docker, hit the PHP issue and then try to upgrade NextCloud it gets into a weird state where the upgrade process fails part way through and the versioning gets out of sync.
Eg, it is actually on v22 but thinks its on v23 so attempts an upgrade to v24 (if that makes sense).

You can check as per my earlier post here.

Could you please suggest how to downgrade the NextCloud docker on unraid?

I would like to upgrade from 18.0.4 to 18.0.14 but I am facing PHP version miss match. PHP version is 8.1.19. 

1 hour ago, Jeerapong said:

Could you please suggest how to downgrade the NextCloud docker on unraid?

I would like to upgrade from 18.0.4 to 18.0.14 but I am facing PHP version miss match. PHP version is 8.1.19. 

You can see all the available tags on their page.
Just edit the NextCloud docker on Unraid and change the repository line to read lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:<tag> where <tag> is the version you want to roll back to.

I'm not sure what was the last docker version to ship with PHP7 so maybe try 24.0.12

The documentation says they moved to PHP8 on 10/10/22 but it's unclear if that was in all releases or only docker 25.x and 26.x

NextCloud 18.x is really old. Without a really compelling reason to be on an unsupported platform from 2021, I would recommend upgrading to a version that is still getting security patches.
Even after upgrading to 18.0.14 you won't be able to go back to the "latest" docker version because you still won't be running a version that can support PHP8.

22 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

You can see all the available tags on their page.
Just edit the NextCloud docker on Unraid and change the repository line to read lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:<tag> where <tag> is the version you want to roll back to.

I'm not sure what was the last docker version to ship with PHP7 so maybe try 24.0.12

The documentation says they moved to PHP8 on 10/10/22 but it's unclear if that was in all releases or only docker 25.x and 26.x

NextCloud 18.x is really old. Without a really compelling reason to be on an unsupported platform from 2021, I would recommend upgrading to a version that is still getting security patches.
Even after upgrading to 18.0.14 you won't be able to go back to the "latest" docker version because you still won't be running a version that can support PHP8.

Now, I have downgraded the NextCloud docker to 20.0.2, PHP version is 7.4.33 but the status web ui is "Update is process." when I ran "sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar" it show "Step 3 is currently in process. Please call this command later." and if I enter a maintenance:mode --off it show the error that it attached.

Unraid nextcloud.jpg

Nextcloud.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeerapong said:

Now, I have downgraded the NextCloud docker to 20.0.2, PHP version is 7.4.33 but the status web ui is "Update is process."

Ok so we at least we have a GUI again, even if it won't let us do anything because it thinks we are mid upgrade.

Go into the docker shell and run the command "occ status". You should see something like;

root@1384826c6432:/# occ status
  - version: 25.0.5.1
  - versionstring: 25.0.5
  - edition: 

Then check what the version.php thinks;

cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php

Also check what version the config file thinks;

cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version

All of these should be in agreement. I suspect that they are not because of a previous failed install.

I thought step 3 is where it turns on maintenance mode. So it would be good to know what mode "occ status" thinks it is in.

You could try to repair the database;

As for the actual error;

Could not resolve OCA\Settings\AppInfo\Application! Class OCA\Settings\AppInfo\Application! Class OCA\Settings\AppInfo\Application does not exist in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/simpleContainer.php:106

I found a bit of stuff here, but I have never really done any PHP so I can't say if this is a problem because you are still running an incompatible version of PHP or if you have a half upgraded/corrupted copy of NextCloud.

I've never had an upgrade fail. If you only use NextCloud for file storage then you might find it easier to restore from a backup or just rebuild the docker from scratch.

If that's not an option then in theory assuming your database is intact and your config folder is correct (see my earlier comment about 'occ stats', version.php and config.php needing to be in sync) then you should be able to create a new NextCloud2 docker using an appropriately old version from linuxserver.io

Start by downloading an old version without pointing it at your appdata folder and make sure you have one that is using an appropriate 18.x version of NC and a suitable PHP7.x

Once you have that, then point that new docker at your old appdata folder and it should fire back up.

23 minutes ago, cat2devnull said:

Ok so we at least we have a GUI again, even if it won't let us do anything because it thinks we are mid upgrade.

Go into the docker shell and run the command "occ status". You should see something like;

root@1384826c6432:/# occ status
  - version: 25.0.5.1
  - versionstring: 25.0.5
  - edition: 

Then check what the version.php thinks;

cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php

Also check what version the config file thinks;

cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version

All of these should be in agreement. I suspect that they are not because of a previous failed install.

I thought step 3 is where it turns on maintenance mode. So it would be good to know what mode "occ status" thinks it is in.

You could try to repair the database;

As for the actual error;

Could not resolve OCA\Settings\AppInfo\Application! Class OCA\Settings\AppInfo\Application! Class OCA\Settings\AppInfo\Application does not exist in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/simpleContainer.php:106

I found a bit of stuff here, but I have never really done any PHP so I can't say if this is a problem because you are still running an incompatible version of PHP or if you have a half upgraded/corrupted copy of NextCloud.

I've never had an upgrade fail. If you only use NextCloud for file storage then you might find it easier to restore from a backup or just rebuild the docker from scratch.

If that's not an option then in theory assuming your database is intact and your config folder is correct (see my earlier comment about 'occ stats', version.php and config.php needing to be in sync) then you should be able to create a new NextCloud2 docker using an appropriately old version from linuxserver.io

Start by downloading an old version without pointing it at your appdata folder and make sure you have one that is using an appropriate 18.x version of NC and a suitable PHP7.x

Once you have that, then point that new docker at your old appdata folder and it should fire back up.

Yes, I only use NextCloud for file storage. It is harder than I thought. "_"

occ status.jpg

version.jpg

config php ver.jpg

occ repair.jpg

Great so you're config and version files both seem to be in sync with version 18.0.3 so that's a good start.

I think your upgrade then downgrade of the docker has introduced this PHP issue.

You must be on a version (I think you said 7.4.33) that is not compatible with 18.0.3.

According to the PHP release history, 7.4.33 was the last 7.4 release and came out in Nov 2022.

It is probably too new for NC 18.0.3 which is from years earlier.

You could try downgrading to 18.0.3-ls76 which is the linuxserver.io version for NC 18.0.3 but I don't know if that specifies an older PHP as well or if it will just pull the latest. But it's worth a shot.

If not the next step would be trying to do a downgrade of PHP within the docker but I have no idea how to do that.

15 hours ago, Jeerapong said:

Yes, I only use NextCloud for file storage.

Since you are only using it for file storage. If the downgrade doesn't work then just install a fresh copy of 26.0.2 and move your files across. That should take less than an hour of work and has the advantage that you will be on the latest version.

SpaceInvader did an updated NextCloud install video in 2022 which is very easy to follow.

1 hour ago, cat2devnull said:

Since you are only using it for file storage. If the downgrade doesn't work then just install a fresh copy of 26.0.2 and move your files across. That should take less than an hour of work and has the advantage that you will be on the latest version.

SpaceInvader did an updated NextCloud install video in 2022 which is very easy to follow.

Can I install a fresh one and path to the old data location ?  The data size is about 8TB and separate by many user. 

17 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

Great so you're config and version files both seem to be in sync with version 18.0.3 so that's a good start.

I think your upgrade then downgrade of the docker has introduced this PHP issue.

You must be on a version (I think you said 7.4.33) that is not compatible with 18.0.3.

According to the PHP release history, 7.4.33 was the last 7.4 release and came out in Nov 2022.

It is probably too new for NC 18.0.3 which is from years earlier.

You could try downgrading to 18.0.3-ls76 which is the linuxserver.io version for NC 18.0.3 but I don't know if that specifies an older PHP as well or if it will just pull the latest. But it's worth a shot.

If not the next step would be trying to do a downgrade of PHP within the docker but I have no idea how to do that.

It work. I have downgraded to NC 18.0.3-ls70 the NextCloud back to normal status. The updater is working now, I can update the NextCloud to 18.0.14. Please suggest what is the suitable version I need to update to?

Thank you for your kind support.