[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

28 minutes ago, ishtangli said:

I downgraded the docker and tried to run an update. Getting an error

PHP Warning:  fopen(/data/updater.log): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 1128
Could not open updater.log

use the File manager Plugin in uNRAid and edit permision from there

Hi gang.  I had this same problem with NextCloud and the PHP error (This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP>=8.2.
You are currently running 8.2.6.) and I've managed to fix it.  

My write up is over on this thread if it's any help. I've tried to make it as step-by-step as possible as it was the first time I had to do this myself. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, dodgypast said:

24.0.12 is a valid version.

There haven't been any security warnings.

If it's not broke don't fix it is a valid strategy.

If you don't want to update on lsio's schedule, use a fixed repository tag. That way you can update when you want. Using the latest tag sometimes requires extra work to stay running.

• Like 1

BTW, the general broken nature of nextcloud's update process, i.e. needing to do multiple manual steps to successfully upgrade, followed by taking care of all the security and setup action items on the administration overview page after the upgrade is complete, that whole complicated mess is WHY lsio does NOT automatically upgrade the nextcloud app in their container updates.

Nextcloud is a complicated beast with many inter-operating parts, it needs care and feeding to stay healthy, you can't just fire and forget. The closest you will get to that is set a fixed tag for the container, then only update when you are willing to take the time and step through the process manually.

I get something similar to @johnwhicker, except mine is telling me the next update is Nextcloud 17.0.10, and my channel is beta. IT says my current version is 26.0.2, but even in the GUI its asking me to update, which fails giving the same error about updates/downgrades between major versions not supported. Not sure what went wrong and I've been at it for almost two days.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6-2-2023 12-58-13 PM.png

6-2-2023 1-01-51 PM.png

6-2-2023 1-02-30 PM.png

im trying to resolve this issue aswell as most others.,

I get this error when i try to do the upgrade

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Cannot write into "apps" directory.
This can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the apps directory or disabling the App Store in the config file.

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:167
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(99): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('...')
#2 {main}root@62ccda3b9b50:/config/www/nextcloud#

Id appreciate some advice how to resolve, a small step by step if possible please.

3 hours ago, johnwhicker said:

yes everything

How did you remap your existing data to your new nextcloud setup?  My data exist on my array, but I guess when I setup nextcloud, it created a new database in my nextcloud share, and now Nextcloud is only looking at that database for files. 

1 hour ago, Iceman1199 said:

How did you remap your existing data to your new nextcloud setup?  My data exist on my array, but I guess when I setup nextcloud, it created a new database in my nextcloud share, and now Nextcloud is only looking at that database for files. 

I had data in one of my remote machine NextDoor folder so when I logged in it synced everything back into the server

On the server side I blew everything off including the data folder and its content

1 hour ago, Iceman1199 said:

So you have to get NextCloud to rescan the existing data folder and add all the files to the database.

php occ files:scan --all
8 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

So you have to get NextCloud to rescan the existing data folder and add all the files to the database.

php occ files:scan --all

Yup, I found a command similar last night and everything was added back. Was even able to add back my users with their data. 

On 6/1/2023 at 2:19 PM, dodgypast said:

I just went through this and found a relatively painless way to do it:

1. downgrade the docker to linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.12

2. Choose the update to 25.0.7 from the webgui

3. For me it kept timing out, I would use the back pause for a minute then forward button on the browser and choose continue.

4. Keep doing this until it goes into maintenance mode.

5. At this point the command line works so use docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar from the UNRAID terminal, it will successfully continue the upgrade to 25.0.7.

6. Repeat the command docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar and it will upgrade to 26.02

7. Upgrade the docker to linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

This and the Dynamix file manager plugin solved the update issue for me.

When using the dynamix plug click the nextcloud folder in appdata, goto the options at the bottom and change ownership to nobody.

Then it updates fine as per above.

Hey all,

I could really use some help here. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to fix this issue. I attempted to update nextcloud using the web gui (i know, my first mistake)

It failed on Step 7. I have tried multiple times to get past it, and nothing I do seems to work. I can no longer get into nextcloud as it's hung at the "update in process" page. Does anyone have any clue where to go from here?

Error I'm getting:

[✘] Delete old files failed
core/shipped.json is not available

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again

I found other threads where people mentioned just creating the file.. but the file already exists within the /var/www/nextcloud/core directory

EDIT: Had an appdata backup from yesterday, just went ahead and restored it to get nextcloud working again. Going to leave it for today and try the upgrade again tomorrow using the recommended steps outlined in the first post.

Edited by tool666schism
On 12/5/2021 at 5:46 PM, bugster said:

Has anyone been able to enable HEIC preview?

i hope you got it !

editet my config to make it look like that then it works fine.

and HEIC support is added

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.2:444',
    1 => 'mycloud.is.here',
  ),
'enable_previews' => true,
  'preview_max_x' => 1000,
  'preview_max_y' => 1000,
  'enabledPreviewProviders' => 
  array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\MarkDown',
    2 => 'OC\\Preview\\PDF',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\MSOfficeDoc',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\JPEG',
    5 => 'OC\\Preview\\PNG',
    6 => 'OC\\Preview\\GIF',
    7 => 'OC\\Preview\\BMP',
    8 => 'OC\\Preview\\XBitmap',
    9 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    10 => 'OC\\Preview\\HEIC',
    11 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    12 => 'OC\\Preview\\MKV',
    13 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP4',
    14 => 'OC\\Preview\\AVI',
  ),

Can some please tell me how to "permanently" fix the memory limit and Upload Max Size? I used the video: 

that goes nicely about changing the php.ini file, updating all of the values. However, as soon as there is un update to the docker, the updated values revert to their original values.

Also, in that video several values are changed, upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, max_input_time, max_execution_time and memory_limit.

What do all of these really do? Would someone use different values or not change some of them at all? I know that before changing these values, my Nextcloud instance would freeze up if I was syncing large files to several clients at the same time. After updating them, so far so good.

Thanks,

Lev

Edited by levster