[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Incidentally I wrote a guide a couple of days ago to install this.  Needs some editing and then we'll publish it on our website.

chop chop then, the wet noodle beating is over.

Side note: I am using the lets encrypt docker and proxy, working great i can get to my nextcloud, however when i try to setup a sync client , the sync client tells me it cannot find the server instance. anyone else having that issue. i have not tried just port forwarding nextcloud on my router because i really want to use the lets encrypt SSL.

I don't use the desktop one but my Android one works fine...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I can get it from my web address just fine its the sync client that wont connect. i not sure its because i am using DDNS or what. i'll post on the nextcloud forums, just happy its up and running.

I can get it from my web address just fine its the sync client that wont connect. i not sure its because i am using DDNS or what. i'll post on the nextcloud forums, just happy its up and running.

I'm using ddns and just installed it, working fine using the WAN address..

Can you get to the web address from outside your house?

Can you get to the web address from outside your house?

Yes,

nextcloud3.jpg.5f7453ff38c602ae9b6b1b5cebe805e4.jpg

did not find anything in nextcloud logs but i did find errors in the lets-encrypt/nginx docker.

I can see where my web client connects just fine but when a sync clients attemps to connect i get a weird error.

2016/07/07 14:02:47 [error] 99#99: *465 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 107.77.198., server: owncloud7$
2016/07/07 14:02:51 [error] 99#99: *465 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 107.77.198., server: owncloud7$
2016/07/07 14:02:52 [error] 99#99: *465 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 107.77.198., server: owncloud7$
2016/07/07 14:02:53 [error] 99#99: *465 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 107.77.198., server: owncloud7$
2016/07/07 14:02:54 [error] 99#99: *465 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 107.77.198., server: owncloud7$

I have copied a large set of backup data to my nextcloud user's /files folder and I would like to run the 'occ' command to sync but I'm getting errors similar to this post for an owncloud container: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38930.msg481198#msg481198

My attempts:

ur $ docker exec -it nextcloud /bin/bash
nc $ chsh -s /bin/bash www-data
user 'www-data' does not exist

So then I exit back to my unraid terminal and do this

ur $ docker exec -it nextcloud php /config/www/nextcloud/occ help  
Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user: root
Owner of config.php: abc
Try adding 'sudo -u abc ' to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)

so then I run...

ur $ docker exec -it nextcloud sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ help
exec: "sudo": executable file not found in $PATH

And also running occ inside the container...

nc $ php occ status
Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user: root
Owner of config.php: abc
Try adding 'sudo -u abc ' to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)

Here's my config.php user:group from inside container

nc $ ls -la /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php 
-rw-r-----    1 abc      abc            640 Jul  7 22:27 /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

How do you run occ on your nextcloud container?

What are the correct owner and group for the nextcloud's /config and /data folders? My /config files and folders are owned by abc:abc

Cheers

What are the correct owner and group for the nextcloud's /config and /data folders? My /config files and folders are owned by abc:abc

Cheers

I was wondering the same thing. Need to run ./occ upgrade manually to migrate from owncloud, and to do maintenance away from the GUI. I'm sure there's an easy solution?

Cheers

abc:abc are nobody:users to ensure that permissions are correct on Unraid.  We'll look into this and get back to you.

Ok, have added sudo to the container.  So update your container.

So this should work to enable you to run occ..

docker exec -it nextcloud bash
sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ

Just remember as stated on the first post, we're not supporting migrations from Owncloud, so you're on your own...  ;)

• Thanks 2

Ok, have added sudo to the container.  So update your container.

So this should work to enable you to run occ..

docker exec -it nextcloud bash
sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ

Just remember as stated on the first post, we're not supporting migrations from Owncloud, so you're on your own...  ;)

Thanks for your efforts BTW. As long as the tools are available within the docker(s) I think most people will be able to perform their own maintenance as needed.

Thanks for your efforts BTW. As long as the tools are available within the docker(s) I think most people will be able to perform their own maintenance as needed.

You have more faith than me... lol

We need to draw the line somewhere and covering migration was definitely one we didn't want to cover, not saying people won't do it, nor that it's not possible, and some users will be more than capable others less so, but I'm sure you understand where we're coming from.

The fact yourself and preginald are already familiar with occ, means you're not the people we're worried about.  The problem with supporting docker containers is drawing the line between docker support and app support.  It's a very indistinct line and difficult to gauge....

Curious: has anyone tried checking ssllabs.com to test the Nextcloud/Nginx install? My Nextcloud installation showed graded as B with a few vulnerability issues. If the plain vanilla install I did grades as B then I would imagine everyone else's will as well. As someone previously suggested with owncloud a while back, I went ahead and made the same changes to /nextcloud/config/nginx/config.php:

server {
  listen 443 ssl;
  server_name _;

### Set Certificates ###
ssl_certificate    /config/keys/cert.crt;
ssl_certificate_key  /config/keys/cert.key;

### Add Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
ssl_dhparam /config/keys/dhparam.pem;

### Disable SSL by enforcing TLS ###
ssl_protocols    TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;

### Add some ciphers and reject weaker ones ###
ssl_ciphers "EECDH+AESGCM:EDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256+EECDH:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256+EDH:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA:AES128-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:HIGH:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!MD5:!PSK:!RC4";
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
ssl_session_cache  shared:SSL:10m;
ssl_session_timeout  10m;
ssl_verify_depth 2;

# Add headers to serve security related headers
  add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";
  add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
  add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";
  add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
  add_header X-Robots-Tag none;
  add_header X-Download-Options noopen;
  add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none;

Hope this helps.

• Like 1