[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

42 minutes ago, local.bin said:

Having the same issue as you on Nougat with their app.

Have tried the beta and it doesn't work for me either.

I have great success with foldersync on android though, which syncs everything with fine grained control, when and how I want, so I use that to be honest.

I have the paid version, but there is a lite version you could try, to see if it supports nextcloud.

The paid version works fine as I say.

I just checked it out and there does not seem to be a way to separate video and photo files into separate folders, and on different schedules. I would hate to upload a large video file over cellular - too much data and it would chew up the battery. I'll keep checking in to it. Thank you for advice.

Lev

12 minutes ago, levster said:

I just checked it out and there does not seem to be a way to separate video and photo files into separate folders, and on different schedules. I would hate to upload a large video file over cellular - too much data and it would chew up the battery. I'll keep checking in to it. Thank you for advice.

Lev

Mmh thats odd, as you could create two separate syncs, one for photo and one for video and select the sync time or on demand per sync pair. 

You can also select whether you want over wifi, specific wifi or 4g....

Add a file type filter to each, to only select pics or video if they are in the same source directory.

Edited by local.bin
5 hours ago, local.bin said:

Mmh thats odd, as you could create two separate syncs, one for photo and one for video and select the sync time or on demand per sync pair. 

You can also select whether you want over wifi, specific wifi or 4g....

Add a file type filter to each, to only select pics or video if they are in the same source directory.

I'll def give it a try. 

Thank you,

Lev

PS. I think that the use of "filters" is a feature of full version.

Edited by levster

How do I setup Nextcloud so that it uses the Nginx instance from the Let's Encrypt docker instead of the one that is packaged with this docker?

I have everything setup and working, but I have double headers being added. I assume this could be coming from both instances of nginx running.

8 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

How do I setup Nextcloud so that it uses the Nginx instance from the Let's Encrypt docker instead of the one that is packaged with this docker?

I have everything setup and working, but I have double headers being added. I assume this could be coming from both instances of nginx running.

Reverse proxy as is mentioned in this thread many times. 

Thanks. I'm an idiot. I actually already had the reverse proxy setup correctly. I just had headers being set in both places.

Now if only there is a solution for the "Uncaught Error: Access to undeclared static property" error. Any ideas on that one? uploading and downloading of files over 1GB basically don't work.

EDIT: Downloads fixed by using a newer version. Uploads fixed by doing major config changes to avoid various timeouts.

Edited by johnsanc

Just installed this container on my Ubuntu Server with a MariaDB container and Apache Reverse Proxy.

Everything seams to working properly. But I have many timeouts especially when I try connect with davfs. Cant get mount Nextcloud WebDAV with davfs.

/sbin/mount.davfs: connection timed out two times;
trying one last time
/sbin/mount.davfs: server temporarily unreachable;
mounting anyway

Also seams to be slow when connection with browser or app. The app shows sometime also the timeout error.

29 minutes ago, benyanke said:

Like Mavarazo, I've been getting a lot of timeouts too, on the desktop client, davfs, and even in the browser. Was there a bad update pushed, or is there something else going on? Restarting the container, my DBMS, and even the whole server didn't work.

Not that I've noticed, seems to be working alright for me....

EDIT: I'm using the LE container as a reverse proxy, not Apache.

Edited by CHBMB
1 hour ago, StevenD said:

Any idea why I would get this on a brand new Nextcloud install?

root@nas:/mnt/cache/appdata# docker exec -it nextcloud sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ help
sudo: php: command not found

Because it's using php7 so the command uses php7

• Upvote 1

Hi there.

I have installed NC and are so far very pleased with the software.

One issue I have is that when installing NC is that I did not pay much attention to the setup so I now have a rather messy setup .

The data location for my folders have enden up among my other docker software under mnt/user/appdata.

I would like to move all the files to something like mnt/usr/nextcloudfiles. How can I do that without loosing any files?

Not easy.... I'd recommend pulling a fresh nextcloud container into a new appdata folder, then examine that to work out what should be in there.   Everything that shouldn't be there, can be assumed to be part of your data.

Backup everything before you tackle this.

You'll also need to edit config.php to reflect the new location of /data and change the docker container mapping for /data.   I'm afraid you're on your own with this one, there's a reasonably high chance that something could get screwed and stop the whole container working.

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Not easy.... I'd recommend pulling a fresh nextcloud container into a new appdata folder, then examine that to work out what should be in there.   Everything that shouldn't be there, can be assumed to be part of your data.

Backup everything before you tackle this.

You'll also need to edit config.php to reflect the new location of /data and change the docker container mapping for /data.   I'm afraid you're on your own with this one, there's a reasonably high chance that something could get screwed and stop the whole container working.

Hmmm....sounds complicated.

What if I delete nextcloud, reinstall it and then upload it again as I did in the beginning.

Would I need to do anything with the config file then?

I am not an advanced user as you might understand so appreciate all help so far.

EDIT:

Can I have 2 seperate instances of Nextcloud running at the same time?

Edited by mrvilla
8 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Errrr, not sure, look at the changelog at the bottom of the readme and count back the number of weeks ago and it should put you in the ballpark.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

There is only 1 item listed in the changelog :D  so each tag is 1 week? that should work for me. Thanks!

Edited by Kewjoe