[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 2017-4-18 at 5:41 PM, benyanke said:

I'm also using the LE image as a proxy. Any idea where to start looking? I'm really loving the dockerized nextcloud, but if I can't figure out why it's being slow and not logging in, I'm going to need to move elsewhere...

Why don't you post your config?  Otherwise one can only guess....

22 hours ago, mrvilla said:

Hmmm....sounds complicated.

What if I delete nextcloud, reinstall it and then upload it again as I did in the beginning.

Would I need to do anything with the config file then?

I am not an advanced user as you might understand so appreciate all help so far.

EDIT:

Can I have 2 seperate instances of Nextcloud running at the same time?

These are the folders that should be found in appdata everything else can be assumed to be what belongs in /data so move all that to your newly configured location and change the docker template so /data points to the new location

7OIDTi3.png

12 minutes ago, benyanke said:
server {
       listen         80;
       server_name    nextcloud.server.com;
       return         301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
}

server {
	listen 443 ssl;
	server_name nextcloud.server.com;

ssl on;

###SSL Certificates
	ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
	ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;
	ssl_trusted_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
	ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
	#ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!3DES:!MD5:!PSK:!AES128';

###Extra Settings###
	#ssl_protocols TLSv1.2;
	ssl_ecdh_curve secp384r1;
	#ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
	ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;
	#ssl_stapling on;
	#ssl_stapling_verify on;
	ssl_session_timeout 24h;
	ssl_session_tickets off;
	resolver 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4;
	resolver_timeout 10s;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
	add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains" always;
	add_header X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff" always;
	add_header Referrer-Policy "same-origin" always;
	add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;
	add_header X-Xss-Protection "1; mode=block" always;
	add_header X-Robots-Tag none;
	add_header X-Download-Options noopen;
	add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none;

add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
    	proxy_pass https://192.168.0.1:444/;
  	}
}

There's mine for reference.  I haven't made any changes to the default nginx config in nextcloud, which I'm guessing you have as you're using http.

On ‎20‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 7:54 AM, CHBMB said:

These are the folders that should be found in appdata everything else can be assumed to be what belongs in /data so move all that to your newly configured location and change the docker template so /data points to the new location

7OIDTi3.png

Really? In this folder I also have folders for other App like plex and a minecraft server. I thought this was a folder for all my apps and not only nextcloud.

I can post a screenshot when i come home.

/mnt/user0/$share = The protected array

/mnt/cache/$share = The cache drive

/mnt/user/$share = /mnt/user0/$share + /mnt/cache/$share

So if your appdata is on the cache drive only then /mnt/user/appdata and /mnt/cache/appdata are the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm......to be honest I do not know enough about this. Have never touched linux before i started with unraid.

For some strange reason everything work though:)

I see that I have the /mnt folder on all drives and have no idea why. I think the whole thing is confussing at best at the moment, but I just need to sit down and get this in my head some day. Not easy with small children and pregnant wife:P

How do I know if the appdata is on the cache drive only?

Ok. Copied all the data  to a new folder under mnt/user/NC Files

Checked the config file but that just said data files in "data" so I guessed that when i changed the data location it would be fine.

But no. It tried to stop the container and start it again but just showed error + a loooong error text I do not recall.

Tried to change it back but no success. Damage was done.

Stopped the NC docker but it just went away. Could see it under dockers when I had advanced view on but only choice was remove.

Tried to reinstall and it seemed like everything went fine, but now it says the following when entering NC in browser

Data directory (/data) is invalid
Please check that the data directory contains a file ".ocdata" in its roo
t.

Any good ideas??

EDIT :

Manage to install Nextcloud again but when I go into webaccess and shall make the admin user it says that it doesnt have read/write access to my new folder for storing the files. I have checked the settings in Nextcloud and the new folder is choosen there in "data" and is set to read/write. Any ideas?

Edited by mrvilla

having an issue with the update to 11.0.3. on the check for expected files it is finding an unexpected .rnd file and it wont update. I havent tried the old manual way as yet but im just curious if anyone else has experienced this???

EDIT

Manual update worked fine.

Edited by tazire
On 23.4.2017 at 9:04 PM, mrvilla said:

Ok. Copied all the data  to a new folder under mnt/user/NC Files

Checked the config file but that just said data files in "data" so I guessed that when i changed the data location it would be fine.

But no. It tried to stop the container and start it again but just showed error + a loooong error text I do not recall.

Tried to change it back but no success. Damage was done.

Stopped the NC docker but it just went away. Could see it under dockers when I had advanced view on but only choice was remove.

Tried to reinstall and it seemed like everything went fine, but now it says the following when entering NC in browser

Data directory (/data) is invalid
Please check that the data directory contains a file ".ocdata" in its roo
t.

Any good ideas??

EDIT :

Manage to install Nextcloud again but when I go into webaccess and shall make the admin user it says that it doesnt have read/write access to my new folder for storing the files. I have checked the settings in Nextcloud and the new folder is choosen there in "data" and is set to read/write. Any ideas?

Really. After all the super advanced issues that gets solved here this issue is unsolvable?:)

Please anyone. Nobody have a small hint to give me?

On 2017-4-23 at 8:04 PM, mrvilla said:

Please check that the data directory contains a file ".ocdata" in its root.

files preceded by a period are hidden in Linux so I'm guessing however you copied the data that would have been omitted leading to the error.  But by the time I read that post, you'd hosed it and started from scratch.  Now I'm kinda confused where the hell we're at.   And unless you post the error messages in full I got nothing to give.

On 2017-4-25 at 5:40 PM, tazire said:

having an issue with the update to 11.0.3. on the check for expected files it is finding an unexpected .rnd file and it wont update. I havent tried the old manual way as yet but im just curious if anyone else has experienced this???

EDIT

Manual update worked fine.

Yeah, I ran into an issue too, manual update worked ok.  Still think Nextcloud's webui update might be a bit flakey....

On 2017-4-25 at 10:09 AM, hblockx said:

Somebody else having problems with uploads via webinterface "Request entitiy too large" ? Maybe because of the nginx-reverse-proxy? Adjusted php and nginx.cfg for 2GB uploads, still not able to upload :(

Other's have also had problems and often tried what you have editing config files etc.  Personally I've never been able to reproduce it and I only alter it in Nextcloud's webui

I had an issue with uploads over 2GB as well and the key for me was setting the max_execution_time to something higher. However now it looks like my config has changed. For the life of me cannot figure out how to change it back now. On the Admin screen it shows 3600, but in every config file (.user.ini, .htaccess, nginx configs) its set to 21600. Where else am I missing? Or am i overlooking something simple for pulling in the php config changes?

Heres my PHP info from the admin screen:

Version: 7.0.17

Memory Limit: 1.0 GB

Max Execution Time: 3600

Also for anyone else looking to configure this properly for large uploads, start here: https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/wiki/Uploading-files-up-to-16GB

Edited by johnsanc
On 29.4.2017 at 0:23 AM, CHBMB said:

files preceded by a period are hidden in Linux so I'm guessing however you copied the data that would have been omitted leading to the error.  But by the time I read that post, you'd hosed it and started from scratch.  Now I'm kinda confused where the hell we're at.   And unless you post the error messages in full I got nothing to give.

I have now deleted nextcloud.

Made a folder in mnt/user/appdata for files and called it NCDATA

Reinstalled Nextcloud

Pointed the data folder to the folder i made (NCDATA)

Started the webgui in order to make a admin user and get the following error :

Error.JPG

Edited by mrvilla
On 30.4.2017 at 10:13 PM, CHBMB said:

I'm working on a guide and nearly finished it,  (thought I'd already finished it, but decided to try and iron a few small issues out) I reckon it's best to wait for that. 

Just to clarify. Where will that guide be available when finished and will it solve my problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi guys.

Need some help understanding where my problem lays.

Just installed Nextcloud (based on MariaDB), using LetsEncrypt container as reverse proxy.

Accessing NC internally (using https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:444, ignoring certificate error) shows all checks passed.

Accessing NC externally (using my domain name), I receive the following:

• The "X-XSS-Protection" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "1; mode=block". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
  • The "X-Content-Type-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "nosniff". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
  • The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "none". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

I've tried adding the appropriate parameters (as found in https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/admin_manual/installation/nginx_nextcloud_9x.html):

add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";
    add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
    add_header X-Robots-Tag none;
    add_header X-Download-Options noopen;
    add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none;

but getting the same results after restarting LE container.

Any help would be appreciated.