[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I didn't touch the permissions.

I  just wiped everything and reinstalled the nextcloud docker.

I can now install apps in the webui from the local IP, but not from mysubdomain.duckdns.org

I also have the following security warnings when accessing the ui from duckdns:

• The "X-XSS-Protection" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "1; mode=block". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
  • The "X-Content-Type-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "nosniff". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
  • The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "none". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

I had managed to fix this warnings in my previous install by commenting some lines in a nextcloud config file. But i now wonder if this also has to do with my issue installing apps?

Does it have something to do with my whole letsencrypt / duckdns / nextcloud setup?

Any ideas suggestion?

Edited by Lynxphp
On 8/19/2017 at 8:14 PM, Diggewuff said:

Hey,

im currently having an issue while downloading larger files.

I have configured my Nextcloud with LS lets encrypt docker, and when I'm downloading a large file or folder which then is put into a tar container the download is aborting at 1 GB.

Could that be a configuration error? At witch points could download size limits be configured? Via local network Downloads are not aborting! 

I suppose it's the reverse proxy.

#***.***********.de

server {
    listen 443 ssl http2;
    server_name ***.***********.de;

root /config/www;
        index index.html index.htm index.php;

###SSL Certificates
    ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
        ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
    ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
    ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:**********************';

###Extra Settings###
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
    ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
    #add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
    add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                proxy_pass https://192.168.1.5:443;
        }
}

At least im not alone with this problem. What i have figured out at moment is letsencrypt+nginx caching solution (at least in docker) is crap for files over 3-4gb.

Even if you add 

proxy_max_temp_file_size

It caches your file directly to docker image. That caching solution with docker is slow and i have to make your docker image much bigger. Example: you upload 2gb file, while you are uploading it goes do nginx cache (docker file) and when its completed it starts "moving" to your data dir. Thats why you have to have always at least free amount space on your docker image how big is your upload/download.

Example: even if you have 100gb docker img file, proxy_max_temp_file_size 10000m then biggest file you can upload almost every time is 3gb and same about download. Upload never finish or downloads won't complete

That solution what everyone here uses is suitable for maybe 1.5gb files, depends if someone else uploads something or downloads

I hope you understand me :P

EDIT. BTW i spin up two vps, did a test.

1'st test: 1 vps with nginx proxy and nginx webserver with nextcloud, basically like here. Same configs, it works.

2nd test:  2 vps, one with only nginx proxy and other vps with nginx and nextcloud. It works.

Problem is in docker or some very specific configuration...

Edited by ufo56

hi, just a small question about the nginx server inside the nextcloud docker, does it also works as full reverse proxy ?

just would like to know cause i currently use apache as reverse proxy and have some "sites" behind it like plex, tvh, nextcloud ;)

also for webdav (my work calendar only) but this is also already implemented in nextcloud ...

if nextcloud would already provide the reverse proxy i could spare myself the apache container ... and does also my ssl certs from certbot work ?

for an tip thanks ahead.

Just updated today after weeks of excellent pain free use and I now have this in the admin setup;

The PHP OPcache is not properly configured. For better performance we recommend to use following settings in the php.ini:

opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

I wondered if anything has changed in the docker to cause this message to reappear.

It did show some time ago but you fixed it, so wondered if those changes had been reversed?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
On 10/7/2017 at 5:50 PM, local.bin said:

Just updated today after weeks of excellent pain free use and I now have this in the admin setup;

I wondered if anything has changed in the docker to cause this message to reappear.

It did show some time ago but you fixed it, so wondered if those changes had been reversed?

Thanks.

same here

Hello All,

I've recently set up a Nextcloud docker following the linked tutorial, https://www.linuxserver.io/2017/05/10/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid-with-letsencrypt-reverse-proxy/

From outside the network everything works! But from inside my local network I can't see to connect to the Nextcloud docker. My local docker is at 192.168.1.190:444 but that address redirects me to a 404 page on my router. If I'm outside the network I go to my nextcloud.server.com address and everything is fine.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, ijuarez said:

better leave him alone he'll snatch them nutz!

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:
1 hour ago, ijuarez said:
better leave him alone he'll snatch them nutz!

I have absolutely no intention of touching his nuts under any circumstances.....

Since I got married I seem to have misplaced them anyways

Hello,

I recently went in to my admin page and saw that there was a stable update available. I am always a bit weary of these as in the past have had issues after upgrades. This time when following the prompt, I see that the version which is listed is different from the suggested. Please see attached pages. It should be 11.0.5 but shows up as 12.0.3. If I go into "production" then I see 11.0.5.

Am I missing something? Before proceeding, can someone please shine some light on this?

Thanks,

Lev

nextcloud update.pdf

Admin - Nextcloud.pdf

Edited by levster
On 10/7/2017 at 4:50 PM, local.bin said:

Thanks.

I had changed the /etc/php7/php.ini to reflect these changes, and the error message went away.

After the weekly update of the Docker image last night, the error message appeared again.

I checked the /etc/php7/php.ini file again, and found that the opcache settings were disabled.

I changed these settings to be enabled and restarted the Docker. Now the error message is gone.

Could the mantainers please update the /etc/php7/php.ini file to have the opcache options mentioned in the error enabled (with those values)? 

• Like 1