[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

6 hours ago, nas_nerd said:

Should a duckdns.org domain name work with the official LSIO tutorial? https://www.linuxserver.io/2017/05/10/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid-with-letsencrypt-reverse-proxy/

I have got nextcloud working on the local network, but when I try to setup the nginx and nextcloud config files I am not able to connect anymore.

I used a duckdns.org domain and the official LSIO tutorial and everything is working for me.

10 minutes ago, trajpar said:

I used a duckdns.org domain and the official LSIO tutorial and everything is working for me.

For the rest of my LE enabled dockers I've set them up with my duckdns.org and then created a CNAME for my server.com address and all worked well e.g. server.com/plex --> server.duckdns.org/plex. 

But, I can't get nextcloud.server.com --> nextcloud.server.duckdns.org to work using the same CNAME method.  I'm using the nextcloud.server.duckdns.org address so not all is lost, but I'd prefer to use nextcloud.server.com.

Anyone cracked this?

15 minutes ago, DZMM said:

For the rest of my LE enabled dockers I've set them up with my duckdns.org and then created a CNAME for my server.com address and all worked well e.g. server.com/plex --> server.duckdns.org/plex. 

But, I can't get nextcloud.server.com --> nextcloud.server.duckdns.org to work using the same CNAME method.  I'm using the nextcloud.server.duckdns.org address so not all is lost, but I'd prefer to use nextcloud.server.com.

Anyone cracked this?

Hey, I just purchased a .tech domain name.

As I have a dynamic IP address, should I set a CNAME for mydomain.duckdns.org so I can use nextcloud.myserver.tech in the config?

Hey,

ever since the last round of updates I cannot logon my nextcloud server. When I log In using my admin username and password I get an "Internal Server Error"

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

What can I do to solve this out? The only clue in the nginx error.log is this line about a missing favicon in nextcloud:

2017/10/27 11:38:20 [error] 306#306: *180 open() "/config/www/nextcloud/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.0", host: "192.168.178.39:444"

Edited by Mettbrot

HI all  - new unraid user here.  Does anyone know the simplest way to add the redis php module to the nextcloud instance?

Edit: I should add that Nextcloud recommends using redis instead of using the database for file locking.  I've faced numerous issues with file locking with the configuration that's rendered from following the guide for setting up letsencrypt, mariadb, and this nextcloud container.

Edit2: In case it helps anyone - workaround: install redis docker by sameersbn, open up port 6379, and setup memcache.locking to point to it as per the nextcloud manual.

Edited by cmkrnl
Update
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I just installed this using the LSIO tutorial (up to the letsencrypt reverse proxy) since I had already set it up using cyanlab's tutorial (https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/the-complete-unraid-reverse-proxy-duck-dns-dynamic-dns-and-letsencrypt-guide/#comment-171). 

I'm able to access xxxxx.duckdns.org/nextcloud. However, when I go to my array and add/remove a picture (and i'm sure any other file), it does not reflect that when I access it online. Do I need to do something else? I attached the config file below in case that helps. Thanks!

nextcloud.jpg

Hello since the summer winter timechange in germany i have problems with the usercreation.

I get the following error: host: "ben-home.duckdns.org:443", referrer: "https://ben-home.duckdns.org/nextcloud/core/doc/user/index.html"
2017/10/30 10:39:31 [error] 308#308: *894 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /nextcloud/core/doc/user/_static/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "ben-home.duckdns.org:443", referrer: "https://ben-home.duckdns.org/nextcloud/core/doc/user/index.html"

Can you give me tipps where i should search?

Thanks and Regards

Re-installed nextcloud and trying to follow the guide:

https://www.linuxserver.io/2017/05/10/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid-with-letsencrypt-reverse-proxy/

seems to have got to the point near the end to edit the config.php file. However, when I open it, I only have a few lines:

image.png.f85fbfe6b928ad8729feb20edcb0601d.png 

This looks to be wrong, but where is it going wrong?

Also, I'm looking to make it xxx.duckdns.org/nextcloud instead of nextcloud.server.com as per the guide. Do I just change the instances of nextcloud.server.com w/ the former duckdns one? Thanks!

nextcloud 2.jpg

I couldn't even find the nextcloud.log file anywhere? Where is it normally located?

On 27.10.2017 at 11:46 AM, Mettbrot said:

Hey,

ever since the last round of updates I cannot logon my nextcloud server. When I log In using my admin username and password I get an "Internal Server Error"

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

Edited by Mettbrot
7 hours ago, alturismo said:

here its located in /appdata/nextcloud

After a lot of digging I found out that the log file is not in /config but in /data which contains the cloud data. Dont know why it would be there but OK. This file revealed that the binloging format of the mariaDB was wrong. So I checked my custom.cnf but it contained that important binlogging_format=mixed line. It just did not accept my custom config at all!

Long story short: Your /mnt/cache/Apps/mariadb/custom.cnf must not be chmod 777 or alike but instead be 0644 for mariadb to accept it. Source: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1811158 So be careful with the NewPrmission tool!

Problem solved!

Edited by Mettbrot
On 10/22/2017 at 12:49 PM, peter_sm said:

When upload large file I get /etc/hosts full.

It looks like it store temporary files there, but I have tested to change some settings, see below.

image.png.a8509775a14ef873fcb972f2d679d16d.png

From my php.ini in the nextcloud docker

image.png.422f409b454c1035fe612a5125914af4.png

from my config.php

image.png.c6f44cc7854f75c28ef98c9917efd153.png

Did not work for me

i haven't been able to get videos to upload i just get error 413 on my iphone.using letsencrypt on 12.0.3

web uploading doesn't work it says im out of space. With my phone it can upload small photos but bigger photos and videos it stalls out 

Edited by ryanm91
more info
On 2017-11-10 at 8:02 AM, saarg said:

You also need to change proxy.conf in letsencrypt also. Don't remember the exact name, but it should be the same as is in the guide by @CHBMB I'll check it later today. 

Big issue to upload large files ,where can I found the guide to configure this dockers to handle large files ?

Thanks

//Peter