[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, Seige said:

Do you have ONLYOFFICE or other addons installed in Nextcloud? 

Please enable logging to debug level (0) in Nextcloud and define a logfile location, if not already done, following this:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/admin_manual/configuration_server/logging_configuration.html 

Post the logfile if possible. Please check the file beforehand for IDs or PWs. 

Hello Seige,

im not sure hoe i should add the loggin feature:

"log_type" => "owncloud",
"logfile" => "nextcloud.log",
"loglevel" => "0",
"logdateformat" => "F d, Y H:i:s",

if i add this i dont get an loggin file. Maybe i unterstoot something wrong.

About the addons: yes i installed some like groupfolders and so on but no office addons.

Regards

Bengele

Edited by bengele
6 hours ago, bengele said:

Hello Seige,

im not sure hoe i should add the loggin feature:

"log_type" => "owncloud",
"logfile" => "nextcloud.log",
"loglevel" => "0",
"logdateformat" => "F d, Y H:i:s",

if i add this i dont get an loggin file. Maybe i unterstoot something wrong.

About the addons: yes i installed some like groupfolders and so on but no office addons.

Regards

Bengele

also this is my list of addons:

image.png.cbd84e1ec8a8b3d482c8523cb1441ace.png

but on a integry check i got this:

image.png.86b69130d6c7a1b70c97ce8f67a8b86b.png

It seems he cant connect to my db anymore

After googling the sql error it seems that my mariadb ignores the config:

image.png.ad77e687b0c883072bc3ca428617beb4.png

Then i tryed to lo into the docker and check the table

image.png.cd6834382cb2bc8a26e270a8fc09b53b.png

Now the Question is why he ignores it

Thaks for the help so far

Regards Bengele

Edited by bengele
38 minutes ago, bengele said:

also this is my list of addons:

image.png.cbd84e1ec8a8b3d482c8523cb1441ace.png

but on a integry check i got this:

image.png.86b69130d6c7a1b70c97ce8f67a8b86b.png

It seems he cant connect to my db anymore

After googling the sql error it seems that my mariadb ignores the config:

image.png.ad77e687b0c883072bc3ca428617beb4.png

Then i tryed to lo into the docker and check the table

image.png.cd6834382cb2bc8a26e270a8fc09b53b.png

Now the Question is why he ignores it

Thaks for the help so far

Regards Bengele

And now comes the solution:

docker exec -it mariadb_nextcloud bash

root@39e01f2500e2:/config# ls -l custom.cnf
-rw-rw-rw- 1 abc users 3753 Mar 29 02:17 custom.cnf
root@39e01f2500e2:/config# sudo chmod 644 custom.cnf

Im still wondering what messed up my permissions and that was a hell of searching for solutions 

Thanks for you help Seige

Regards

Bengele

2 hours ago, Seige said:

I am glad you found a solution. I guess your problem was beyond my expertise in the end. :$

Permissions seems to be sensitive with Nextcloud/SQL. 

Well im just happy that its works again. It was pretty straight forward after i found the occ script of nextcloud. You can do a bunch of stuff with that and it tells you what the problem is :)

Regards

Bengele

Thank you for suggesting that. I believe I have already set that up:

pfsense-nat.thumb.png.c0981472d46706ff9d87df80d0fe98f9.png

I think there must be something going wrong in the path to get from WAN to my NextCloud instance. As I understand it, this should go from WAN --> DNS --> CloudFlare --> subdomain --> My IP --> pfSense --> unRAID --> LetsEncrypt --> NextCloud
I'm not sure how to make sure traffic is flowing 1) to the subdomain, 2) to the port I've specified for pfSense to forward to the unRAID box (WAN 27875 to LAN unRAID 444), 3) from port 444 on the unRAID box through LetsEncrypt to the NextCloud instance.
My thinking on this may be wrong though. I am admittedly a layman and this seems a little complex...

Cloudflare may be the problem. Not tried it for a long time, but vaguely recall having some issues when I briefly played with it.

I'm looking for some help with maintenance scripts that should run via cron in this NectCloud docker. E.g.:

How do I setup cron jobs within this docker?

I would like to export calendar ICS to my array daily. Same for contacts VCF. And finally, mysqldump of the NectCloud DB. How can I do that?

Somebody willing to share some knowledge?

Help is highly appreciated.

Hello,

I have been trying for 3 days to get this docker up and running.

I installed and have working my letsencrypt container running, and configured.

I think i have MariaDB set up correctly. (It's first database is for NextCloud, which is not working.)

When I install the NextCloud container, I set the ssl port to 445, since 443, and 444 are taken already. I also map /data to /mnt/user/nectcloud, the share for my nextcloud stuff.

But once the installation is finished, the docker does not start. When I try to manually start it, I get a generic error. (See screen shot.)

https://imgur.com/a/hwAOSII

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 5.03.36 PM.png

I should mention that I followed this guide for the MariaDB setup. I am trying to use it for the NextCloud container setup as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be nice!

Edited by igreulich
9 hours ago, igreulich said:

Hello,

I have been trying for 3 days to get this docker up and running.

I installed and have working my letsencrypt container running, and configured.

I think i have MariaDB set up correctly. (It's first database is for NextCloud, which is not working.)

When I install the NextCloud container, I set the ssl port to 445, since 443, and 444 are taken already. I also map /data to /mnt/user/nectcloud, the share for my nextcloud stuff.

But once the installation is finished, the docker does not start. When I try to manually start it, I get a generic error. (See screen shot.)

https://imgur.com/a/hwAOSII

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 5.03.36 PM.png

I should mention that I followed this guide for the MariaDB setup. I am trying to use it for the NextCloud container setup as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be nice!

This usually means that you have used a port that is in use.

It's impossible from the screenshot to see if you have used port 445 on another container or even moved unraids https to 445.

7 hours ago, saarg said:

This usually means that you have used a port that is in use.

It's impossible from the screenshot to see if you have used port 445 on another container or even moved unraids https to 445.

So here is a the setup info for the NextCloud container...

I have not specifically told unraid to be on port 445, but then I don't know how, so It is very possible I did it unknowingly.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.25.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.25.24 AM.png

3 hours ago, igreulich said:

So here is a the setup info for the NextCloud container...

I have not specifically told unraid to be on port 445, but then I don't know how, so It is very possible I did it unknowingly.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.25.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.25.24 AM.png

What happens if you try to go to https://192.168.1.24:445?

Have you tried removing the container and adding it again? Might also be a full docker.img.

Hello Maybe someone can give me a little help without me asking another asked question. So I've used next-cloud in the past on previous versions without using MariaDB with no problems. Worked 100%. But every sense the last update with the ssl encryption  I've had the most trouble and for the most just gave up. Why can it not just be simple like it was before and just install next-cloud. I don't have a domain. I never needed one because i have a static IP. SO could anyone, ANYONE, give me the simplest way to install with no domain and no MariaDB. I have no use for MariaDB other than next-cloud.  

Hello Master,

well the are combined packes wich includes the maria db but you need a database everywhere you want to create users and passwords. Nextcloud wont work without a database.

Further more, if you want to use your nextcloud only in your local network its fine to skip on https and ssl but if you want to use it in the inernet you need to be aware that everybody can capture your data.

Im also not sure if the certificates works with ipadresses instead of domains (https).

Can you tell us maybe what your problem was with the old setup? what error did you get?

Regards

Bengele

On 4/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, M4ST3R-OWNER said:

Hello Maybe someone can give me a little help without me asking another asked question. So I've used next-cloud in the past on previous versions without using MariaDB with no problems. Worked 100%. But every sense the last update with the ssl encryption  I've had the most trouble and for the most just gave up. Why can it not just be simple like it was before and just install next-cloud. I don't have a domain. I never needed one because i have a static IP. SO could anyone, ANYONE, give me the simplest way to install with no domain and no MariaDB. I have no use for MariaDB other than next-cloud.  

Just pull the container, leave the database as sqlite and add a admin user and password, I'm not sure how you can go wrong with that or why you need any help, I feel like I'm missing something.  Just tried it myself and had no problems at all.  But you haven't really elaborated on what you mean by "trouble"

On 4/17/2018 at 9:26 PM, Snipe3000 said:

Has anyone been having problems with their Nextcloud docker not being able to be stopped?

The only way I've been able to stop my array or reboot is to do a hard shutdown, which can't be good. Is there a command line or something that will force Nextcloud to stop?

I came here looking for the same answer. I've had 3 separate occasions in the last week where Nextcloud would not shut down, no matter what. I couldn't take the array off line, couldn't turn docker off, and couldn't reboot or power down via CLI or GUI. I had to actually go to the server and hit reset.

Anyone else had this?

17 hours ago, drawmonster said:

I came here looking for the same answer. I've had 3 separate occasions in the last week where Nextcloud would not shut down, no matter what. I couldn't take the array off line, couldn't turn docker off, and couldn't reboot or power down via CLI or GUI. I had to actually go to the server and hit reset.

Anyone else had this?

I'd take that over not being able to start it...

13 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Click the log icon on the far right of the screen next to Nextcloud on the docker page.

Post the docker run command for it as well, link in my signature

So I looked at the docker start command, and saw that it was actually failing, saying 0.0.0.0:445 was in use. (I am not sure by what, a cursory search returned nothing.)

I changed the port from 445 to 10443, and it spun up. Though it does not seem to be using the MariaDB container I setup per the directions here.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 6.55.29 PM.png

Just now, igreulich said:

So I looked at the docker start command, and saw that it was actually failing, saying 0.0.0.0:445 was in use. (I am not sure by what, a cursory search returned nothing.)

I changed the port from 445 to 10443, and it spun up. Though it does not seem to be using the MariaDB container I setup per the directions here.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 6.55.29 PM.png

That's because you now need to setup Nextcloud, click on storage and database.