[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi,

i installed last night the letsencrypt and the nextcloud docker. My first intension was to get acces to my emby server from the internet. That works perfect with letsencrypt i only activate the emby.subdomain.conf in appdata\letsencrypt\nginx\proxy-confs.

Now i want to install nextcloud and i installed it using this manual https://blog.linuxserver.io/2017/05/10/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid-with-letsencrypt-reverse-proxy/

The normal installation works perfect and i could access to my nextcould with local ip. But now i want to get access from the internet.

first i make what the manual say " In your letsencrypt container "appdata" go to /config/nginx/site-confs/ and create a file called nextcloud containing this code below. Make sure you change server.com to
your actual domain name, and edit the proxy_max_temp_file_size parameter to a size appropriate for your use. "

with this new file the complete letsencrypt container did not working and the log have a error.

My understanding is that i must only take the nextcloud.subdomain.conf.sample delete the *sample and that was it ?

Now i have edit the config.php with nano in this directory appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.178.24:448',
    1 => 'nextcloud.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.org',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.org',
  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.org',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '13.0.4.0',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.178.24:3305',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'xxxxxxxx',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxx',
  'installed' => true,
);

After starting letsencrypt and nextcloud i get an 500 Internal Server Error from nginx/1.12.2 when i call my url https://nextcloud.xxxxx.xxxx.org

Thanks

ok hope this was the right way, after entering this in the default file from letsencryp site-conf, all is working. Is this enough or must i make more configs ?

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

root /config/www;
    index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
#        auth_basic "Restricted";
#        auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_pass https://192.168.178.24:448;    
    }
}

19 minutes ago, Eisi2005 said:

ok hope this was the right way, after entering this in the default file from letsencryp site-conf, all is working. Is this enough or must i make more configs ?

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

root /config/www;
    index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
#        auth_basic "Restricted";
#        auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_pass https://192.168.178.24:448;    
    }
}

Looks enough to me

If I manually copied some files into folders within Nextcloud, those files will not show up unless the database is re-scanned. Could someone please provide a "general" rescan command for nextcloud? Would that command be user specific or would rescan all users folders? Is it possible to do it from within Nextcloud app or WebUI?

43 minutes ago, sch1308 said:

Im getting the following error when i start up letsencrypt. image.png.ff70746b1c4ac619682aeae474f7a10f.png

nextcloud

config.php

image.thumb.png.c0913df233d72924fa0c313f7deb7826.png

it's telling you which config option is wrong and even what line of the file

it's something specific to your setup and not a fault of the container 

(it's your letsencrypt config file for nextcloud that is wrong on line 30)

Edited by sparklyballs
  • Like 1
Does anyone else find nextcloud quite slow to list all of your files via the web interface? I've stored my nextcloud data folder on an SSD that's never going to sleep so it's not a spindown issue.
I don't but I suspect CPU may be a factor and RAM as I noticed a much quicker response time after I upgraded my server.

Has any one noticed a slow down in performance from say 13.02 to 13.04.

I have a machine running 13.02 which will log in in 2 seconds.

13.04 takes 25 seconds.

Have tried 13.04 on a couple of computers. 

Same result.

Slow. 

Don't know why.

Yes I have checked the "Brute force" datafile and emptied it or it was already empty.

Am using MYSQL docker and letsencrypt docker.

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Has any one noticed a slow down in performance from say 13.02 to 13.04.

I have a machine running 13.02 which will log in in 2 seconds.

13.04 takes 25 seconds.

Have tried 13.04 on a couple of computers. 

Same result.

Slow. 

Don't know why.

Yes I have checked the "Brute force" datafile and emptied it or it was already empty.

Am using MYSQL docker and letsencrypt docker.

That's similar to what I'm experiencing, it just seems to take a while to show any files.

8 hours ago, nuhll said:

I just wonder how slow it would be without a database, it says it could run without, but would be slow. I did it with mariadb and its still slow.. can it even get slower? xD

If you run it straight out of the box it installs SQLite. Which works, but falls apart if you hammer it.

It does work when it works, with MYSQL or Maria.  But it always seems a lottery.  You don't know whether it will be fast or not.  In my experience, computer horse power doesn't seem to be a factor.  I have systems running on old generation i5 processors which respond better than others on current generation xeons.

Historically for me, the slow issue started half way through NC version 11.  Version 12 was unusable for me, then 13.0 fixed everything.  Now I'm not sure what is going on.

My main system is on 13.02 and MYSQL on an unraid in dockers. Letsencrypt docker does the reverse proxy and certificate bit and it works well.  I'm not game to upgrade to 13.04 at this stage in case 13.04 kills it.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:28 AM, CHBMB said:
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, allanp81 said:
Does anyone else find nextcloud quite slow to list all of your files via the web interface? I've stored my nextcloud data folder on an SSD that's never going to sleep so it's not a spindown issue.

I don't but I suspect CPU may be a factor and RAM as I noticed a much quicker response time after I upgraded my server.

1/ Are you running the latest versions CHBNB?

2/ Did you install them via community apps?

3/ Maria or MYSQL?

Edited by Jessie
13 minutes ago, Jessie said:

1/ Are you running the latest versions CHBNB?

2/ Did you install them via community apps?

3/ Maria or MYSQL?

1. Yes

2. No, I installed it a long long time ago before we released the container.

3. MariaDB

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

1. Yes

2. No, I installed it a long long time ago before we released the container.

3. MariaDB

Have you tested the current container install on a new system using CA?

Was the system slow?

Out of the box, I am getting 25 second delays to the log on screen, then more than a minute to log into nextcloud.

(My existing system using 13.02 logs on in seconds)

14 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I can 110% be sure that it's nothing to do with CA. Have you looked on the Nextcloud site to see if it's a problem with Nextcloud itself?

Nothing obvious.

I did find a message relating to speed in version 11.  The author toggled the brute force app on then off.

So I did the experiment.  I toggled it on then back off, loging on in between toggles.

It now logs on in around 40 seconds and takes 20 seconds to log out.

Not sure whether it is a coincidence but that is faster.  Still unacceptably slow though.

More tests later.  I don't think toggling brute force has any relevance.  Still slow.

I did the test on my working system. About 1 second to log on and almost instantaneous to log off. 

Edited by Jessie
later tests

CHBMB, is there a way I can get a previous container eg nextcloud v13.00 for testing purposes.

I would like to load it into this new system I am having issues with to try and determine whether the slow response is due to nextcloud 13.0.4 or something else.