[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hmm... I do a clean install of the nextcloud docker app and I can't get the initial login / configuration screen to appear.  When I launch the WebUI, I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

no errors that I see in the logs.  Anyone else seeing this?  Was following SpaceInvader's setup video on youtube, and in the comments I see some others running into the same problem.

11 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

Hmm... I do a clean install of the nextcloud docker app and I can't get the initial login / configuration screen to appear.  When I launch the WebUI, I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

no errors that I see in the logs.  Anyone else seeing this?  Was following SpaceInvader's setup video on youtube, and in the comments I see some others running into the same problem.

It's working here with a fresh pull, so there is something in your setup that makes it crash. 

Post your docker run command. 

Hi. Have tried searching but so far no luck.

I have Nextcloud app on my Samsung S7 and it is working fine but I can not get it do autoupload.

Any suggestions?

I do not get any errors. I have enabled autoupload but nothing happends. There is nothing in the activity or in the upload section.

In my mobile it shows that it will upload to a folder that first didnt exist. I made the folder but it still doesnt help. I have enabled that it shall create subfolders.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, Jessie said:

Well it looks like it's not nextcloud.  I replicated a second server on my own system using 13.04 and it is fast.  I loaded v13.0.0 onto the new machine and it is still slow. Might have to look at the database engine and the interconnect.

Any tips?

Well it looks like I finally worked out what was going on with this slow nextcloud issue.

Looks like it was the router.  Swapped the system out with a pfsense router. 

Result pretty well instantaneous login.

Nothing under 25 to 30 secs after pressing the login button on the old router.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

A few months down the track and nextcloud was slow again, even through the pfsense firewall.

unraid "Docker safe new perms" fixed it.

(Requires the "Fix common problems" plugin)

Edited by Jessie
More solutions to problem

I've just reboot the server and now my nexcloud installation is broken....

Here is my error

Dettagli tecnici

Indirizzo remoto: 192.168.54.101
    ID richiesta: yevT4A3V9moenE73Y7ec
    Tipo: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException
    Codice: 0
    Messaggio: An exception occurred while executing 'DELETE FROM `oc_authtoken` WHERE `token` = ?' with params ["4fe7541de86a17d9e336e7369019ae46ff62feb5e151437919955ddd1ece70293b0777d79d33bb0ab7ca6bd0b0d33fd16cc5e4c38e2a60819078fe34edaf4390"]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1665 Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.
    File: /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php
    Riga: 115

Traccia

#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException))
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver), Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException), 'DELETE FROM `oc...', Array)
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(216): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeUpdate('DELETE FROM `oc...', Array, Array)
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Query/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\DB\Connection->executeUpdate('DELETE FROM `oc...', Array, Array)
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(214): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Authentication/Token/DefaultTokenMapper.php(54): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Authentication/Token/DefaultTokenProvider.php(259): OC\Authentication\Token\DefaultTokenMapper->invalidate('4fe7541de86a17d...')
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php(839): OC\Authentication\Token\DefaultTokenProvider->invalidateToken('bierg1ljuhglp09...')
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php(259): OC\User\Session->logout()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/User/Session.php(232): OC\User\Session->validateSession()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(336): OC\User\Session->getUser()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(113): OC_App::getEnabledApps()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/user.php(131): OC_App::loadApps(Array)
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(729): OC_User::setupBackends()
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1081): OC::init()
#15 /config/www/nextcloud/index.php(40): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#16 {main}

I use mariaDb as sql docker and this is my custom.cnf

## custom configuration file, please be aware that changing options here may break things

[mysqld_safe]
nice            = 0

[mysqld]
max_connections         = 100
connect_timeout         = 50
wait_timeout            = 600
max_allowed_packet      = 32M
thread_cache_size       = 128
sort_buffer_size        = 8M
bulk_insert_buffer_size = 32M
tmp_table_size          = 64M
max_heap_table_size     = 64M
binlog_format = mixed
#
# * MyISAM
#
# This replaces the startup script and checks MyISAM tables if needed
# the first time they are touched. On error, make copy and try a repair.
myisam_recover_options = BACKUP
key_buffer_size         = 128M
#open-files-limit       = 2000
table_open_cache        = 400
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 512M
concurrent_insert       = 2
read_buffer_size        = 2M
read_rnd_buffer_size    = 1M
#
# * Query Cache Configuration
#
# Cache only tiny result sets, so we can fit more in the query cache.
query_cache_limit               = 128K
query_cache_size                = 64M
# for more write intensive setups, set to DEMAND or OFF
#query_cache_type               = DEMAND
#
# * Logging and Replication
#

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

4 hours ago, Medhit said:

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

From your logs:  impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT

But that should not happen since you set binlog_format=mixed

I don't know why but in my config, that variable is under the [galera] section.  I think I just uncommented there but the default config has it in [mysqld] like you.

In any case, can you run the sql command "show variables like 'binlog_format'" on the DB, it will print the actual value of the parameter.

• Upvote 1

Is there a way do get Nextcloud to OCR and index my documents with this install?

I tried installing Elastic Search but unfortunately it looks like I would need to run things from the command line so it wouldn't persist after container updates. 

Edited by Ray
On 8/2/2018 at 8:10 PM, Gog said:

From your logs:  impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT

But that should not happen since you set binlog_format=mixed

I don't know why but in my config, that variable is under the [galera] section.  I think I just uncommented there but the default config has it in [mysqld] like you.

In any case, can you run the sql command "show variables like 'binlog_format'" on the DB, it will print the actual value of the parameter.

I've try and it was the wrong value, i dont' know why....

Then i run:

SET GLOBAL binlog_format = 'MIXED';
FLUSH LOGS;
UNLOCK TABLES;

And now everything works fine,  but i don't undersand why when I reboot the system it reset that value to "STATEMENT" (also try to put it on [galera] )

Is there any other config file to ceck?

Edited by Medhit
7 hours ago, Medhit said:

And now everything works fine,  but i don't undersand why when I reboot the system it reset that value to "STATEMENT" (also try to put it on [galera] )

Try searching your mariadb appdata folder for "STATEMENT".  You may have an orphan config file in there.

I haven't read the previous 60 some odd pages, and not sure if it's been answered, is there some way to add symlink outside of the /data folder, say another share? My gut feeling is no but just wanted to ask.
I want to do this too for my photo drive but from what i read it is not supported. It should be doable with external storage but I'm not there yet.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Gog said:

I want to do this too for my photo drive but from what i read it is not supported. It should be doable with external storage but I'm not there yet.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, yeah seems to work with external storage. I simply added a new host path to the docker and then added a local external storage setting to that host path.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get NextCloud set up using MariaDB and Let's Encrypt (all LinuxServer dockers on the same UnRaid box) following the latest videos posted by SpaceInvaderOne's Youtube channel.  As of now, I have it up and working almost perfectly, except for one problem. 

Using WebDAV I can't upload files larger than approx. 500MB.  I've changed the File Handling Max Upload size on the Additional Settings page to be 2 GB.  I can upload a 1GB file using the Windows NextCloud client with no problems, but using FileSync for Android or WinSCP with WebDAV the same file fails and I get the following error in the NextCloud Web Interface Logging Page.  "Fatal  webDAV  SABRE\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: expected filesize 1087197866 got 603729920"

The last number changes between attempts, but the error message is the same other than that.  I thought it might have been a setting in Let's Encrypt, but I've set WinSCP to not even use the proxy URL and only the IP and Port of NextCloud, which didn't make any difference in the errors.  Googling the error led me to some threads on the NextCloud forums about setting up cache settings and changing the the mysql.connect_timeout settings and setting a temp upload folder. 

I tried the instructions from this thread:
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/cant-upload-files-bigger-512mb-sabre-dav-exception-badrequest-http-1-1-400-expected-filesize/7061

And this one:

https://www.techandme.se/increase-max-file-size/

But still didn't have any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

6 hours ago, dbs179 said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to get NextCloud set up using MariaDB and Let's Encrypt (all LinuxServer dockers on the same UnRaid box) following the latest videos posted by SpaceInvaderOne's Youtube channel.  As of now, I have it up and working almost perfectly, except for one problem. 

Using WebDAV I can't upload files larger than approx. 500MB.  I've changed the File Handling Max Upload size on the Additional Settings page to be 2 GB.  I can upload a 1GB file using the Windows NextCloud client with no problems, but using FileSync for Android or WinSCP with WebDAV the same file fails and I get the following error in the NextCloud Web Interface Logging Page.  "Fatal  webDAV  SABRE\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: expected filesize 1087197866 got 603729920"

The last number changes between attempts, but the error message is the same other than that.  I thought it might have been a setting in Let's Encrypt, but I've set WinSCP to not even use the proxy URL and only the IP and Port of NextCloud, which didn't make any difference in the errors.  Googling the error led me to some threads on the NextCloud forums about setting up cache settings and changing the the mysql.connect_timeout settings and setting a temp upload folder. 

I tried the instructions from this thread:
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/cant-upload-files-bigger-512mb-sabre-dav-exception-badrequest-http-1-1-400-expected-filesize/7061

And this one:

https://www.techandme.se/increase-max-file-size/

But still didn't have any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

It's in the proxy.conf you have to change the max size if I remember correctly. I think it's at 10M default. Don't remember the parameter though, but I think it's mentioned on one of the last pages of this thread. 

28 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

Is it possible to "hardlink" a different share (not the share where the nextcloud files are) and make them show up from within Nextcloud?

In NextCloud, enable "Apps" - " External storage support".
Then in "Settings" - "External storages", add external storage of type "local".
Give the Folder a name, and in in the "Configuration" textbox you type the mount, like "/mnt/user/Stuff".

Without the quotes of course.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ICDeadPpl said:

In NextCloud, enable "Apps" - " External storage support".
Then in "Settings" - "External storages", add external storage of type "local".
Give the Folder a name, and in in the "Configuration" textbox you type the mount, like "/mnt/user/Stuff".

Without the quotes of course.

So the share shows up within nextcloud. When I try to access it I get an error message:

External mount error

There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?

I'm guessing I need to create a path for that share(/external mount) in the nextcloud docker template right?

Also do I enable "enable sharing" in the "advanced settings" to be able to share something via link for example?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

Edited by Heciruam
4 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

So the share shows up within nextcloud. When I try to access it I get an error message:

External mount error

There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?

I'm guessing I need to create a path for that share(/external mount) in the nextcloud docker template right?

Also do I enable "enable sharing" in the "advanced settings" to be able to share something via link for example?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

Yeah, I've added the "/mnt" to the docker template. Forgot to mention that, sorry!  

4 minutes ago, ICDeadPpl said:

Yeah, I've added the "/mnt" to the docker template. Forgot to mention that, sorry!  

I got one last question:

Did you add that container path as "/data"? I'm worried that nextcloud will start writing to that share.

Edited by Heciruam