[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

NextCloud - External Storages App -

I am unable to  "delete"  FOLDERS that I created using the External Storages App .

When I  delete a FOLDER using the  External Storages App, the FOLDER seems to be deleted as it is no longer visible within the App.

However,

The deleted Folder is still available in the  ALL FILES  section of Next Cloud,

The folder in the All Files section still functions as I can add / remove files and sub-folders.

The  folder menu associated with the deleted folder does not have a delete function available

SO.... how do I DELETE a folder created by the  External Storages App as the External Sorages App does not show the folder exists?

I have restarted NextCloud and MariaDB several times.. I have restarted the Unraid server, no changes....

I have visited the Next Cloud forum and several people seem to have this same problem. 

Could someone please fix this problem ....

Anne

This is what I have found so far,  

-----

- when a folder created by the External Storages App is  NOT   successful,,,      ie:  ( get the red ball instead of the green check ball )

- the External Storages App creates the folder in the  "ALL FILES"  section of NextCloud.

- Deleting the folder using the External Storages App, seems successful as the entry is removed from the External Storages App.

- However, the deleted folder is active in the  "ALL FILES"  section of NextCloud in that files and subfolders can  added or deleted

- Clicking on the 3 horizontal dots associated with the "deleted folder", reveals no DELETE  available as in other folder menus.

1607491671_nodelete.png.db858a963d8f269d21650836332b10f9.png 

Edited by Anne
clarify info
On 10/1/2018 at 1:49 AM, Joeyleigh said:

Anyone know how i can set local scan/container scan of file system used by nextcloud to update any files i have manually added into smb/explorer?

run these inside nextcloud docker container:

cd /config/www/nextcloud/ 
sudo -u abc php7 occ files:scan --all

• Like 1

I am having difficulty upgrading to 14.0.1

After:

"##Now Restart docker container via Unraid WebGUI"

and

"##Open terminal in container

docker exec -it nextcloud bash"

I get the following:

root@Tower2:~# cd /config/www/nextcloud/
-bash: cd: /config/www/nextcloud/: No such file or directory

What happened and where should I go from here?

Thanks.

PS:

Now, when I go to the webpage for my local nextcloud it is now asking me to create an admin account. Was my database lost and how can I get it back?

I do have AppData Backup running and the last one was created a couple of day ago.

Any ideas? I really would love to get my original database alive and well :)

PSS:

So, I've used my backup and restored all of the dockers. Since then Nextcloud is back to it's original glory and I was able to update it successfully this time.

Edited by levster
On 9/20/2018 at 9:38 AM, mostlydave said:

413 upload error,

I'm getting 413 errors in the ios app while trying to upload my photos. I found a few places to increae max file size, and set them all to 0. I feel like I'm just missing one config item somewhere, anyone else run into this or know where I need to configure an upload size limit?

Bump, no one else is using ios and getting this error?

Hey guys, I think I know this answer, but thought I would ask.  I am new to unraid and am trying to set up nextcloud.  My issue is that I currently have an xfinity XB6 modem router.  It does not have the ability to forward external ports to internal ports.  I can do port forwarding but I cant take port 80 from an external source and map it over to port 81.  Same with 443 -> 444.   Obviously, the CM was designed for the masses, and when I start doing this type of port forwarding, I am no longer in the masses.  Before you tell me to get rid of the modem and go get a good modem and a separate router, that will save me money,  I have xfinity PODS, and xfinity home, which basically require one of their gateways.  That being said, I don't believe there is a way for me to set up nextcloud with lets encrypt any other way.  Am I correct?

Hey guys, so I lost connection with the database and it seems that the database docker I was using is having some issues. It lost all my data in the database. I was using the owncloud backup app on nextcloud to backup the database for NextCloud and I was wondering. How do I access those backup files? Especially when nextcloud isn't even loading the web gui due to not being able to connect to the database. Any ideas?

Hey guys, so I lost connection with the database and it seems that the database docker I was using is having some issues. It lost all my data in the database. I was using the owncloud backup app on nextcloud to backup the database for NextCloud and I was wondering. How do I access those backup files? Especially when nextcloud isn't even loading the web gui due to not being able to connect to the database. Any ideas?
What was your backup destination?

It should be somewhere in your owncloud mapped directory in the array.

You may need a fresh owncloud install to configure backup and reuse the same maped drive.

I recommend installing it in a new app directory and make a copy of your mapped directory before trying this

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:43 AM, Micaiah12 said:

If you go to the nextcloud directory in your array, there should be subfolders for each of your users.  The files will be in there.  There are ways to rebuild.  Another more tedious way is to recover the files from these directories. Recreate nextcloud and resync them.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, dysolve said:

can we upgrade the docker to v14 yet? has anyoen tried?

yep.

Did it via nextcloud settings.

It crashed during step 4, but it is only a timeout.

Give it time to complete, then exit out and select update again and it will pick up where it left off.

Probably wouldn't hurt to backup before you start.

Edited by Jessie
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, ZosoPage1963 said:

Hey guys, I think I know this answer, but thought I would ask.  I am new to unraid and am trying to set up nextcloud.  My issue is that I currently have an xfinity XB6 modem router.  It does not have the ability to forward external ports to internal ports.  I can do port forwarding but I cant take port 80 from an external source and map it over to port 81.  Same with 443 -> 444.   Obviously, the CM was designed for the masses, and when I start doing this type of port forwarding, I am no longer in the masses.  Before you tell me to get rid of the modem and go get a good modem and a separate router, that will save me money,  I have xfinity PODS, and xfinity home, which basically require one of their gateways.  That being said, I don't believe there is a way for me to set up nextcloud with lets encrypt any other way.  Am I correct?

Not sure if this is relevant to you, but in Australia some services have the VOIP phone service locked into the modem/router.  This becomes an issue if the modem/router won't do what you want.

A work around here is we use the modem of our choice which gives us the functionality we need and then we run the carrier supplied modem off one of the ports in the replacement modem.  The carriers modem will provide phone functionality only and the replacement modem does the rest.  The carrier modem needs to be operating in a different subnet to the replacement. 

Hi, I want to install an app from the Nextcloud appstore, the only info I can locate says to download the app to the Nextcloud app directory and run install.

I don't seem to have an app directory only a couple of directories like "appdata_oc7rl21ajkd3" and where do I find the install to run?

Would some kind person please give me simple instructions on installing an app from the appstore into a Nexcloud Docker.

Thank you

Hi, I want to install an app from the Nextcloud appstore, the only info I can locate says to download the app to the Nextcloud app directory and run install.
I don't seem to have an app directory only a couple of directories like "appdata_oc7rl21ajkd3" and where do I find the install to run?
Would some kind person please give me simple instructions on installing an app from the appstore into a Nexcloud Docker.
Thank you
I think they mean appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/apps but I've never deployed an app that way

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, oneclear said:

Thank you

Are you aware that if you log in as administrator you can click on the user icon on the top right hand side of screen and select apps from there?

So since a few days ago my nextcloud has stopped working and I just see the following errors in the log:

Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(125): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve('defaultTokenPro...')
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('defaultTokenPro...')
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(81): OC\ServerContainer->query('defaultTokenPro...')
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(104): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->buildClass(Object(ReflectionClass))
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(125): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve('OC\\Authenticati...')
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppF in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php on line 110
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught OCP\AppFramework\QueryException: Could not resolve defaultTokenProvider! Class defaultTokenProvider does not exist in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php:110
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(125): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve('defaultTokenPro...')
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('defaultTokenPro...')
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(81): OC\ServerContainer->query('defaultTokenPro...')
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(104): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->buildClass(Object(ReflectionClass))
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(125): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve('OC\\Authenticati...')
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppF in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php on line 110

Nothing I try works, any occ command etc. always just returns the same rubbish. I'm using mysql as my db server and that updated the other day so I'm assuming the 2 are related but I'm blowed if I can work out how to resolve this.

38 minutes ago, finchyboyz said:

when i setup Mariadb look for the console i dont seem to have the option, any points guys,seen this before?

That feature wasn't added until a later version of unRAID (you're on 6.1.6 accoring to your sig), I don't think the web console was even available in your version.
However, you can still bash into docker by using SSH into unRAID (via putty etc), then type:

docker exec -it mariadb sh

This is the same command you can see in the popup window title in spaceinvaderone's video when the web console is launched, from there you should be able to follow the rest of the video.

Edited by tjb_altf4
On 10/15/2018 at 3:00 PM, Jessie said:

If you go to the nextcloud directory in your array, there should be subfolders for each of your users.  The files will be in there.  There are ways to rebuild.  Another more tedious way is to recover the files from these directories. Recreate nextcloud and resync them.

Yeah, I know where the data is however. My issue right now is that I was using the PassMan plugin and I have lost a good deal of passwords. Do you know of a way to restore that data? I was assuming it was in the database.