[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

16 hours ago, fmp4m said:

Can you provide an LS -L (ls -l) of your php folder?

Ok it all seems to have sorted itself out once i re enabled the default encryption module. I havent ventured back into getting the end to end encryption working but everything is back as it should be with the default module enabled. folder and the files can be edited now as well. I havent tried re installing the stable release of the android app yet though.

Just installed nextcloud according to spaceinvaderone's tutorial and I can't launch the nextcloud webui. I changed the port to 444 and confirmed that it was unused. When trying to connect to the webui at my.ip.address:444, I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Any ideas why that might be happening?

Docker log doesn't show any errors.

Edit: sometimes I'm getting a 400 Bad Request - The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port.

Update: Uncommenting bind-address in the mariadb container's custom.cnf solved it. Got the idea from your tutorial but is something that @SpaceInvaderOne doesn't have in his video. :)

Edited by scud133b

I could not login using any regular user accounts, but I can still login via my admin account. When logging in using a regular user account, I would get a 504 error. I logged in as an admin and checked the logs and got this error message:

Login failed: 'pingmanping' (Remote IP: '172.18.0.2')

I changed the password for this user via the admin page, but I kept getting the same error in the logs. I don't login to the webpage that often, so I am not sure when this started. Based on the logs, it has been going on for over a month. I haven't reached the bottom but all I see is this error.

Edited by pingmanping

Hi! I was wondering if I could get a hand figuring out how to fix an issue I am currently having? After an update in the last couple of days, I can no longer access the web UI for my nextcloud. Before, I had the reverse proxy from your let's encrypt docker all working like a champ for several months. I know that MariaDB is also a part of how nextcloud works so I wasn't sure which if the three docker support threads I should have posted to. I'm not so good at Linux in general but from my layman understanding of the logs, it can't find the DB? Perhaps a permissions issue? I just am not skilled enough to know what to do beyond simply reinstalling and setting up everything from scratch which I would prefer to avoid. The let's encrypt log is especially concerning since it's just the same error over and over but I would still have expected nextcloud to work even if the LE docker and reverse proxy didn't.

Anyways, here is my servers diagnostics when I first found out it wasn't working a couple days ago. I also JUST replaced my cache drive with a new 1TB Samsung SSD instead of an old as the hills 120GB PNY POS. Anyways, it wasn't working before the switch so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Below I have attached the logs for MariaDB, nextcloud and let's encrypt dockers as well, though the let's encrypt log was taken from AFTER the SSD swap. I really appreciate the assist, thanks in advance!

connollyserver-diagnostics-20181125-0802.zip

nextcloud log.txt

maria log.txt

letsencrypt.txt

Hey guys, trying to upload large files to my nextcloud, but getting an error 413 Request Entity Too Large

nextcloud_88hfX7sbVY.thumb.png.4453914cea14a5a1acf35405f519408b.png

I'm running this behind my letsencrypt docker on a reverse proxy. I've tried editing the site config for both the letsencrypt nginx as well as nextcloud's nginx as follows

letsencrypt nginx

client_max_body_size 20G;
client_body_buffer_size 400M;

nextcloud nginx

# set max upload size
client_max_body_size 20G;
fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

Restarted both containers fron unRAID and still getting this error when I try to sync my large file. The file is 14GB if that makes a difference

Any suggestions? Thanks

25 minutes ago, Debaser said:

Any suggestions?

Go through ALL the files in the config folders, not just the 2 you posted. In your situation I'd just set client_max_body_size 0; in all locations and be done with it.

Do a context search for all files containing client_max_body_size

Edited by jonathanm
3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Go through ALL the files in the config folders, not just the 2 you posted. In your situation I'd just set client_max_body_size 0; in all locations and be done with it.

Do a context search for all files containing client_max_body_size

Good call

I ran a grep on my cache drives where my containers are installed

grep -R client_max_body_size /mnt/cache/appdata

Most configs were already set to

client_max_body_size 0;

But I missed in the letsencrypt nginx proxy.conf was set to

client_max_body_size 10m;

So ran a quick command to change it over

sed -i 's/client_max_body_size 10m;/client_max_body_size 0;/g' /mnt/cache/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy.conf

Seems to be uploading now without a problem. Thanks for the shove in the right direction

Edited by Debaser
  • Like 1

Hello,

my Nextcloud + Unraid runs now well.

If i add Data in nextcloud i can see it in my CloudCommander in Unraid.

But if i add Data with my CloudCommander in the Nextcloud-Path (yes i have the right path) i cant see it in my Nextcloud Interface or Nextcloud-App.

Is there anythin solution to change this?

Thx

Hi

Have an issue I have not experience before.

A friend told me he had some issue with opening some files on the server.

I went in to check on my pc using NC an sure enough. I had some issues as well. It told me the files were not there anymore. Even though we saw them!?

I logged in on my serves using WINSCP and sure enough. The files where not there. How could they just have disappear? Why are they still showing in NC client?

Only thing I can think of was that I had deleted the file in like WINSCP and not in NC. I can not understand how that could have happend.

Please help me figure this out and if possible get my files back. It is about 10-15 folders with 25-30GB

Update:

I see now that a lot more files have disappeared:(

There is no chance that I one day just thought that I wanted to delete around 40GB of data directly on the server!

An the strange thing is that it seems rather random. There are missing pictures, documents and movies all over the server.

I have to admit that my trust in Unraid and nextcloud are now really low and unless there is some logic to this I see no option then to move to other cloudbased software that is a lot more reliable than this. It is to bad as I really like Unraid but loosing files of this magnitude is not an option.

Edited by mrvilla

I've just rebuild by server and am trying to install the Nextlcloud. I am hitting the same issue all the times no matter how many times I try to fix it. Once I install the nextcloud and create the first user, all is OK. Then I install letsencrypt and edit the nexlcoud in the \appdata\letsencrypt\nginx\site-confs and config.php in the \appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config I can no longer access the database either by the redirect or local ip.

Here are the two files. Am I missing something:

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    server_name mysite.duckdns.org;

root /config/www;
    index index.html index.htm index.php;

###SSL Certificates
    ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
    ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
    ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:AES:CAMELLIA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!aECDH:!EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:!EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!KRB5-DES-CBC3-SHA';

###Extra Settings###
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
    ###ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
    add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        proxy_pass https://192.168.0.130:444/;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    }
}

and 

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.130:444', 
    1 => 'mysite.duckdns.org',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://mysite.duckdns.org',
  'overwritehost' => mysite.duckdns.org',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '14.0.4.2',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.1.130:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'myusername',
  'dbpassword' => 'mypassword',
  'installed' => true,
);

Just noticed that there was a line:

'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,

I removed it. Not sure how that got there. In any case, still no go.

PS:

If I edit :   'overwritehost' => 'mysite.duckdns.org', and make it   'overwritehost' => mysite.duckdns.org:444', I am able to resolve my site, but then I get "Not secure".

Edited by levster

strange error happening on my nextcloud.

I have it setup and I have my storage setup as /mnt/user/documents

When logged in using desktop clients all sync operations end up under that folder. 

however myself and my wife both have iPhones and with the auto upload photos feature turned on any videos/live photos get saved to other parts of my unraid server (parts that next cloud should not have access to) for example tonight I found some in the /mnt/user/media folder when we keep the files for our media server.

Not only is this a little bit annoying it also makes ensuring I have a consistent backup of next cloud a little difficult.

Any advice?

4 hours ago, Gonesolo said:

strange error happening on my nextcloud.

I have it setup and I have my storage setup as /mnt/user/documents

When logged in using desktop clients all sync operations end up under that folder. 

however myself and my wife both have iPhones and with the auto upload photos feature turned on any videos/live photos get saved to other parts of my unraid server (parts that next cloud should not have access to) for example tonight I found some in the /mnt/user/media folder when we keep the files for our media server.

Not only is this a little bit annoying it also makes ensuring I have a consistent backup of next cloud a little difficult.

Any advice?

That sounds like an setup error. 

What is your docker run command? 

9 hours ago, saarg said:

That sounds like an setup error. 

What is your docker run command? 

UNRAID template but I believe this is the command that was run to create the docker.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nextcloud' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '443:443/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/documents/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/nextcloud'

1 minute ago, mrvilla said:

How do i get nextcloud to reread the contents of its folder? As it is now it doesnt care what is in there or not. I can delete and ad files and folders but nothing change.

Please help

ok this I do know. you can just click to start a sync in the client installed on your desktop.

14 hours ago, mrvilla said:

How do i get nextcloud to reread the contents of its folder? As it is now it doesnt care what is in there or not. I can delete and ad files and folders but nothing change.

Please help

There is a command you can run for this, ut you have to exec into the container. I don't remember the command, but you should find it in this thread somewhere. 

18 hours ago, Gonesolo said:

UNRAID template but I believe this is the command that was run to create the docker.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nextcloud' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '443:443/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/documents/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/nextcloud'

Looks good. Do you use the external plugin and access unraid through smb? 

20 hours ago, mrvilla said:

Please help

If I understand you correctly you want to reindex all of the files in your nextcloud folder? If yes, then you have to ssh in to your server and execute the following:

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

cd /config/www/nextcloud/

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

This will scan all of the files for all users. You can modify the last command if you need to scan only certain users. ex:

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --path="user_name" {particular user}

Hope that helps.

Edited by levster
7 hours ago, saarg said:

Looks good. Do you use the external plugin and access unraid through smb? 

Desktop client. and yes when noticed files moved first noticed via SMB however verified on CLI.

however I dont think its just next cloud. Today I found contents of my appdata folder in my media folder. 

Suffice to say my Media server was a little messed up today. But I'm afraid to move anything.

I have installed NextCloud following these tutorials:

https://youtu.be/9FkQ0wYpCV0

https://youtu.be/I0lhZc25Sro

https://youtu.be/fUPmVZ9CgtM

Everything works great except for downloading large folders. ie. folder that has 30GB. The connection is always broken after exactly 2GB.

I'm sure I have to change something in the configuration, but I'm not sure what. Can anyone help, please?

Thank you in advance!