[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, Trylo said:

I have installed NextCloud following these tutorials:

https://youtu.be/9FkQ0wYpCV0

https://youtu.be/I0lhZc25Sro

https://youtu.be/fUPmVZ9CgtM

Everything works great except for downloading large folders. ie. folder that has 30GB. The connection is always broken after exactly 2GB.

I'm sure I have to change something in the configuration, but I'm not sure what. Can anyone help, please?

Thank you in advance!

I found a proxy setting in letsencrypt docker. Solved!

On 12/4/2018 at 5:23 PM, levster said:

If I understand you correctly you want to reindex all of the files in your nextcloud folder? If yes, then you have to ssh in to your server and execute the following:

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

cd /config/www/nextcloud/

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

This will scan all of the files for all users. You can modify the last command if you need to scan only certain users. ex:

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --path="user_name" {particular user}

Hope that helps.

Exellent. thanks!

On 12/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, levster said:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.130:444', 
    1 => 'mysite.duckdns.org',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://mysite.duckdns.org',
  'overwritehost' => mysite.duckdns.org',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '14.0.4.2',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.1.130:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'myusername',
  'dbpassword' => 'mypassword',
  'installed' => true,
);

Just noticed that there was a line:

'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,

I removed it. Not sure how that got there. In any case, still no go.

PS:

If I edit :   'overwritehost' => 'mysite.duckdns.org', and make it   'overwritehost' => mysite.duckdns.org:444', I am able to resolve my site, but then I get "Not secure".

That's still syntactically incorrect. You have unbalanced quotes in your value. Missing single quote before "mysite.duckdns...". 

Should be 'overwritehost' => 'server.domain.com:444'

Edited by snowboardjoe
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, snowboardjoe said:

That's still syntactically incorrect. You have unbalanced quotes in your value. Missing single quote before "mysite.duckdns...". 

Should be 'overwritehost' => 'server.domain.com:444'

Thank you. I definitely did not notice that. I'll correct and see how it goes. Also, I did not see it elsewhere, but should the port be after the domain in the ovewritehost line? Elsewhere in the instructions, one was not listed.

Edited by levster

Hi All... Had Nextcloud / MariaDB / LetsEncrypt set up for a few months and all was working great. Ran next to latest docker update and immediately noticed I could no longer get to my Nextcloud web page internally or externally. The web page has the default base message "Welcome to our server this server is currently being setup" message. When I tried to access it via the docker WebUI it gave me the following error: Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID. I retraced my setups assuming a change happened that caused issues with my certificate. What I found is that the config.php file located in /mnt/cache/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config has a stunted (default?) entry and nothing from my previous setup is there, including the data from the initial setup like my server's IP address, MariaDB user info etc. What I now see is:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ocgduum20hg9',
);

I searched all files under from parent directory /mnt/cache/appdata/nextcloud in hopes that the update backed up the config file before making changes but found no file containing my server I address which I know should be present. One of the strange things is that all the data in the Nextcloud docker "edit" option is correct. It shows the custom proxy network I set up etc.

I have hundreds of GBs stored. Is there a way to get all of my nextcloud configs back? Is there a backup of that config.php file somewhere I haven't found? If not, then can anyone at least explain how the config file got overwritten and messed up. How do we have any confidence that the next "update" won't wipe everything out again?

Any thoughts on this at all?

Thanks...

11 hours ago, llwhite said:

Hi All... Had Nextcloud / MariaDB / LetsEncrypt set up for a few months and all was working great. Ran next to latest docker update and immediately noticed I could no longer get to my Nextcloud web page internally or externally. The web page has the default base message "Welcome to our server this server is currently being setup" message.

I have hundreds of GBs stored. Is there a way to get all of my nextcloud configs back? Is there a backup of that config.php file somewhere I haven't found? If not, then can anyone at least explain how the config file got overwritten and messed up. How do we have any confidence that the next "update" won't wipe everything out again?

So, this was a Nextcloud update? Maybe to version 14? I'm still on 13 here and have been trying to figure out how to get to 14. Anyway, if that's the case, your data should be fine as that's stored in the database and in your share. You'll need to recover the credentials to gain access again. You may need to do some work to find the database, reset the password for that account so it's known again and rebuild your config.php from scratch.

Hate that the upgrade lost your original config. I've added making a backup of my /appdata/ to my list too.

I figured I might have to rebuild which won't be an issue since I notated all the accounts and passwords. But, not looking forward to having to "rebuild" my nextcloud as I had lott of additional installs and customizations (themes) etc. Just more of a pain really. But I'll be sure to write a cron job to back that file up on a rotating basis going forward. 

I'm not sure what version it was as I was doing it from the docker unRaid page. However, I did upgrade nextcloud to version 14 a month or so ago. That upgrade came from within nextcloud itself. I was tooling through the admin options and one of the pages notified me of an upgrade to 14. I had to disable one of the plugins (external links I think it was). But, most importantly, it told me specifically what needed to be done. Sorry I don't remember the specific name of the option but if you work your way through each admin option/setting you should see it.

That is actually part of the problem. If you look at my earlier post my onboard configure.php has no real information in it. I don't see any of the information that should be present after entering my setup info in the nextcloud docker edit page. So something went really wrong over here. I will most likely re-install the nextcloud docker and work through the same steps I did at initial install and setup and see if that changes anything. I have enough space to set aside the entire directory as a backup before doing this. But, at this point, it is completely useless as it is. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 hours ago, llwhite said:

That is actually part of the problem. If you look at my earlier post my onboard configure.php has no real information in it. I don't see any of the information that should be present after entering my setup info in the nextcloud docker edit page. So something went really wrong over here. I will most likely re-install the nextcloud docker and work through the same steps I did at initial install and setup and see if that changes anything. I have enough space to set aside the entire directory as a backup before doing this. But, at this point, it is completely useless as it is. I'll let you know how it goes.

Unless you changed any of the default settings (mine is customized as I use MariaDB for several applications), it's possible a fresh install with the default config.php will restore access. You will still need to add in settings for letsencrypt, but that's documented on how to modify it. Don't give up hope you've lost everything. It should all be there.

Well I had this working for a week, then i added an account for my wife and it broke any connection from iOS apps. I am not getting timeout errors constantly from any iOS device with any nextcloud account i have set up. I am thinking it might be a file permissions issue with uploading photos to the /Photos folder, but I do not know how to get to the folder and check permissions? 

Any file I try to download over 2gb just fails. I see some people talking about a proxy setting in lets encrypt (im also using this) but no actual answer on how they fixed it. Anyone know the solution to download limit?

Edit: might(?) be the " proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;" in the lets encrypt conf file for next cloud. 

Edit2: Yup that fixed it ^ set it to 20480 for 20gb max size, could prob set it higher if need be. 

Edited by macieksoft
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, mrvilla said:

Hi. Unable to add my email adress in the settings in nextcloud in order to receive notifications.

When I try to use authentication "logIn" there is no place to actually enter the log in information.

Is this a bug?

If you're trying to do this as admin, you need to login as that user. Then you can set email address, phone, address, etc. Admin can't do that (at least, not in v13).

On 12/13/2018 at 5:44 PM, RussellG said:

Well I had this working for a week, then i added an account for my wife and it broke any connection from iOS apps. I am not getting timeout errors constantly from any iOS device with any nextcloud account i have set up. I am thinking it might be a file permissions issue with uploading photos to the /Photos folder, but I do not know how to get to the folder and check permissions? 

That is not a lot of detail to go by. I'm not sure how permissions on a file would change by creating another account but what OS are you running on unRaid? Linux? Other? We can start with looking at permissions but not sure how changed permissions on the photos directory would create login problems from iOS etc... But, let's start with one issue and continue to resolve from there.

Hi, I just upgrade from 13.x to 14.x to 15.x using the commands in this thread.  Worked great, except for 1 thing.  Now, If I go to parameters, I see those warning, any ideas on how I can fix this ??  Thanks !

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

Some app directories are owned by a different user than the web server one. This may be the case if apps have been installed manually. Check the permissions of the following app directories:
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/accessibility
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/activity
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/admin_audit
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/cloud_federation_api
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/comments
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/encryption
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/federatedfilesharing
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/federation
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_pdfviewer
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_sharing
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_texteditor
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_trashbin
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_versions
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_videoplayer
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/firstrunwizard
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/gallery
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/logreader
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/lookup_server_connector
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/nextcloud_announcements
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/notifications
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/oauth2
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/password_policy
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/provisioning_api
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/sharebymail
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/support
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/survey_client
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/systemtags
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/theming
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/twofactor_backupcodes
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/updatenotification
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/user_external
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap
        /config/www/nextcloud/apps/workflowengine

The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running "occ db:add-missing-indices" those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.
        Missing index "share_with_index" in table "oc_share".
        Missing index "parent_index" in table "oc_share".
        Missing index "owner_index" in table "oc_share".
        Missing index "initiator_index" in table "oc_share".
        Missing index "fs_mtime" in table "oc_filecache".

This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them.
        imagick

Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running 'occ db:convert-filecache-bigint' those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this.
        activity.activity_id
        activity.object_id
        activity_mq.mail_id
        filecache.fileid
        filecache.storage
        filecache.parent
        filecache.mimetype
        filecache.mimepart
        filecache.mtime
        filecache.storage_mtime
        mimetypes.id
        storages.numeric_id

The "Referrer-Policy" HTTP header is not set to "no-referrer", "no-referrer-when-downgrade", "strict-origin", "strict-origin-when-cross-origin" or "same-origin". This can leak referer information. See the W3C Recommendation ↗.

Hoping somebody here can provide some assistance... I had Nextcloud up and running (including Letsencrypt & reverse proxy) up until a couple of days ago. I transferred a large amount of data, and caused my cache drive to hit 100% capacity. This led to corruption in my docker.img file. I rebuilt the docker image yesterday and everything is back and working fine except for Nextcloud. My settings still seem to be intact, but when I try to access either the IP address or my reverse proxy URL, nothing resolves. I see these lines in my logs:

Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(125): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve('defaultTokenPro...')
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('defaultTokenPro...')
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(81): OC\ServerContainer->query('defaultTokenPro...')
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(104): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->buildClass(Object(ReflectionClass))
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(125): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->resolve('OC\\Authenticati...')
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(132): OC\AppF in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php on line 110
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught OCP\AppFramework\QueryException: Could not resolve defaultTokenProvider! Class defaultTokenProvider does not exist in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php:110

But I'm not sure what steps I should take. Any help would be much appreciated!