[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

3 hours ago, cTurtle98 said:

I just discovered nextcloud and I am trying to move all my files into nextcloud

I set my data folder to be /mnt/user/cloud-data/

I used mv in the web terminal on unraid to move all my files from my old share into /mnt/user/cloud-data/<username>/files/

the files are not showing up in nextcloud

I googled this issue and everyone is saying to run the command 

occ files:scan

i found the occ script in /config/www/nextcloud/ but I cant get it to run from within the docker exec

any help?

What command are you running? It should look something like this:

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

• Like 1
On 1/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, cTurtle98 said:

I just discovered nextcloud and I am trying to move all my files into nextcloud

I set my data folder to be /mnt/user/cloud-data/

I used mv in the web terminal on unraid to move all my files from my old share into /mnt/user/cloud-data/<username>/files/

the files are not showing up in nextcloud

I googled this issue and everyone is saying to run the command 

occ files:scan

i found the occ script in /config/www/nextcloud/ but I cant get it to run from within the docker exec

any help?

You don't need to move your files into Nextcloud. What you can do is enable the External Storage plugin in Nextcloud Apps and add your shares as "local".
1812 had instructions on how to do this just a few posts above yours:

Edit docker settings for Nextcloud 

Add path/port/variable

Give it a name, then how you want it presented inside the container (ex:/thiscrap) then the path on unRaid share you want available. If you’re just doing online viewing, set to read only if you like (I don’t think it will complain)

save

container should restart

Login to nextcloud web gui

Go to settings by clicking on the letter on the top right corner

Scroll down to administration section, click external storages

click add storage

select local

under configuration-location put in the container mapping you used before (/thiscrap)

Give  it a folder name, add users or groups, then save.

And done.

So I am getting an error (error 413) from the iOS app when I try to upload a video over 100Mb. Its this issue:

https://github.com/nextcloud/ios/issues/396

I am using this NC container with the LSIO letsencrypt container as well. I am trying to find an error log to see what the issue but all the logs I am looking at in both cases don't show any issues. Would I be right in saying that this NC container doesn't use Apache at all?

So I am getting an error (error 413) from the iOS app when I try to upload a video over 100Mb. Its this issue:

I am using this NC container with the LSIO letsencrypt container as well. I am trying to find an error log to see what the issue but all the logs I am looking at in both cases don't show any issues. Would I be right in saying that this NC container doesn't use Apache at all?
Correct, it's based on Nginx

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

This happened to me. Go to the let's encrypt folder, then to the proxy folder and find the configuration for nextcloud subdomain.

There's an option that clearly puts the limit for download and upload. I set it to a high number.

Also check in the options for the nextcloud i believe there's a setting for maximum size uploads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 1/2/2019 at 4:26 PM, gacpac said:

I think I found a solution

Inside of the let's encrypt conf file for nextcloud I found

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

Which makes sense why my files stop at 2GB. I'll give it a try and check again

Hey did this ever work? or did you find a resolution? I am getting 413 error on mobile client, and 'entity too large' on Mac local file sync client/app. Still trying to find a solution. Been struggling for a week or so now. Thank you, thank you thank you. 

Screenshot 2019-01-27 19.05.36.png

Screenshot 2019-01-27 19.12.53.png

Edited by xlucero1
add attachments
9 hours ago, gacpac said:

This happened to me. Go to the let's encrypt folder, then to the proxy folder and find the configuration for nextcloud subdomain.

There's an option that clearly puts the limit for download and upload. I set it to a high number.

Also check in the options for the nextcloud i believe there's a setting for maximum size uploads.

Appreciate the reply but this didn't seem to have worked for me. I edited this file:

/mnt/user/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/site-confs/nextcloud

server {
        listen 443 ssl;
        server_name box.dimtar.net;

root /config/www;
        index index.html index.htm index.php;

###SSL Certificates
        ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
        ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
        ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
        ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA3$

###Extra Settings###
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
#       ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
        add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
        add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                proxy_pass https://192.168.1.2:444/;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 8192m;
        }
}

On 10/28/2017 at 11:33 AM, cmkrnl said:

HI all  - new unraid user here.  Does anyone know the simplest way to add the redis php module to the nextcloud instance?

Edit: I should add that Nextcloud recommends using redis instead of using the database for file locking.  I've faced numerous issues with file locking with the configuration that's rendered from following the guide for setting up letsencrypt, mariadb, and this nextcloud container.

Edit2: In case it helps anyone - workaround: install redis docker by sameersbn, open up port 6379, and setup memcache.locking to point to it as per the nextcloud manual.

Have the same question as this but I havent seen it answered.  Anyone?

16 hours ago, Dimtar said:

Appreciate the reply but this didn't seem to have worked for me. I edited this file:

/mnt/user/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/site-confs/nextcloud

server {
        listen 443 ssl;
        server_name box.dimtar.net;

root /config/www;
        index index.html index.htm index.php;

###SSL Certificates
        ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
        ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
        ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
        ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA3$

###Extra Settings###
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
#       ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
        add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
        add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                proxy_pass https://192.168.1.2:444/;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 8192m;
        }
}

Have you checked in the website of nextcloud for this?

image.png.6761f662e159d9225444151866f6bca0.png

Hey did this ever work? or did you find a resolution? I am getting 413 error on mobile client, and 'entity too large' on Mac local file sync client/app. Still trying to find a solution. Been struggling for a week or so now. Thank you, thank you thank you. 
2128115753_Screenshot2019-01-2719_05_36.thumb.png.42e755a8c587369accf7df917e184819.png
277011763_Screenshot2019-01-2719_12_53.thumb.png.c4d05b4f90ced602e194ec58a279c560.png
Yes that worked for me. Now I think your problems is different. Check in The nextcloud forums itself, because I literally have no idea.

21 hours ago, xlucero1 said:

Screenshot 2019-01-27 19.05.36.png

Screenshot 2019-01-27 19.12.53.png

Hey this is my configuration. 

Have a look at it and let me know. It's just matter of restarting the docker and trying it out, and who knows, your problem might be somewhere else. 

image.thumb.png.6c53b3bf084b63e7436b42f6ddc1bb10.png

I got an error in my config due to the upgrade to Nextcloud 15. I need to run occ command occ db:add-missing-indices. Sorry if it's asked before, search didn't give me anything. How can I run this command?

EDIT: sorry I'm being dense, found someone else posted the solution and totally read over it.

Through your docker page on Unraid you can open console which puts you in the docker right away. The command: sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices 

Fixed it.

Edited by Kaizac
I'm an idiot

Hello everyone,

I'm kinda at my wits end here. 

Let me start by saying I have mariadb and nextcloud dockers installed and running.  When I have both on their own ip, everything works fine. However I cannot access Nextcloud from outside my lan.

So I put both in bridge mode.   Now I have lost connectivity to Nextcloud.

I click on the webui from the unraid dashboard and it terminates immediately with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I’ve done everything from deleting the nextcloud docker to starting from scratch and deleting the app folder and the docker image and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

From the logs on both dockers, I cannot see any issue.

Not sure what to do.  Any help would be much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, eds said:

Hello everyone,

I'm kinda at my wits end here. 

Let me start by saying I have mariadb and nextcloud dockers installed and running.  When I have both on their own ip, everything works fine. However I cannot access Nextcloud from outside my lan.

So I put both in bridge mode.   Now I have lost connectivity to Nextcloud.

I click on the webui from the unraid dashboard and it terminates immediately with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I’ve done everything from deleting the nextcloud docker to starting from scratch and deleting the app folder and the docker image and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

From the logs on both dockers, I cannot see any issue.

Not sure what to do.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you check the ports and whether there is any overlap with other dockers?

10 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

Did you check the ports and whether there is any overlap with other dockers?

Yes.   I see nothing out of the ordinary. 

Plus, wouldn't that show up in the log and wouldn't the docker be unable to start if there were a port overlap/conflict?

35 minutes ago, eds said:

Yes.   I see nothing out of the ordinary. 

Plus, wouldn't that show up in the log and wouldn't the docker be unable to start if there were a port overlap/conflict?

Yes you are right. DId you follow the linuxserver CHMB guide? And I think the fact you can not access it from your lan when they have their own IP is the key. Maybe you have some setting in your router or lan network going wrong? It's hard to tell with this limited information I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Kaizac said:

Yes you are right. DId you follow the linuxserver CHMB guide? And I think the fact you can not access it from your lan when they have their own IP is the key.

I can access Nextcloud when it has its own ip.  It's when Nextcloud network type is bridge mode, I cannot access. 

1 hour ago, Kaizac said:

Maybe you have some setting in your router or lan network going wrong? It's hard to tell with this limited information I'm afraid.

Yeah -- I am baffled.  Logs for each container tell me nothing.   Very weird.  

Will keep looking around.  May have to try another solution.   This is the only docker that give me issues when in bridge mode.