[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

42 minutes ago, Eyeheartpie said:

I think I've managed to screw up my installation good and proper. I think I jacked with my MariaDB docker, forgetting I needed it for NextCloud, and now I can't access NextCloud at all (I get HTTP 500 errors). How can I back up the data in my NextCloud and start from scratch?

How did you "jack" with your MariaDB container? Did you modify your /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb structure?

Your configuration for Nextcloud and your data should already be in two different filesystems and/or directories. So, your data should remain untouched. If I were to start over and no other application is storing data in MariaDB):

• Stop Nextcloud
  • Stop MariaDB
  • Destroy all configuration and data for MariaDB.
  • Destory all configuration for NextCloud.
  • Start MariaDB and let it initialize.
  • Start Nextcloud and let it initialize.
  • Restore and custom configurations to Nextcloud (save a copy of your config.php?).
  • Setup Nextcloud and point to your existing data and run a scan of what's there.

I've borked my Nextcloud before when I was setting things up by losing the admin password. I was able to modify the DB to get that back and get back on track again without needed to restore anything.

4 hours ago, snowboardjoe said:

How did you "jack" with your MariaDB container? Did you modify your /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb structure?

Your configuration for Nextcloud and your data should already be in two different filesystems and/or directories. So, your data should remain untouched. If I were to start over and no other application is storing data in MariaDB):

• Stop Nextcloud
  • Stop MariaDB
  • Destroy all configuration and data for MariaDB.
  • Destory all configuration for NextCloud.
  • Start MariaDB and let it initialize.
  • Start Nextcloud and let it initialize.
  • Restore and custom configurations to Nextcloud (save a copy of your config.php?).
  • Setup Nextcloud and point to your existing data and run a scan of what's there.

I've borked my Nextcloud before when I was setting things up by losing the admin password. I was able to modify the DB to get that back and get back on track again without needed to restore anything.

I think I may have at some point deleted my MariaDB container completely because I had been using it to play with learning databases, and then thought I didn't need it so I just got rid of it.

How do I destroy all config and data for MariaDB? Just remove the container and reinstall it? And how do I delete all the config for NextCloud without deleting the data?

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, Eyeheartpie said:

I think I may have at some point deleted my MariaDB container completely because I had been using it to play with learning databases, and then thought I didn't need it so I just got rid of it.

How do I destroy all config and data for MariaDB? Just remove the container and reinstall it? And how do I delete all the config for NextCloud without deleting the data?

Deleting the container alone does not modify the contents of /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb. It only removes the images from docker.img. Most containers when reinstalled will either create new configuration files if they are not present. If you manually manipulated the data in /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb, then all bets are off depending on what you modified. If you want to destroy what's there, you would remove all contents within /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb while the container is stopped. There is no need to remove and add the container back.

As for Nextcloud, the config should be located in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud. Where you place your data is up to you and you define that in the container configuration. For example, in my case, all of my data is located in /mnt/user/nextcloud which maps to /data within the container when it's running (referenced as Host Path 2 in my configuration).

Hi,

I have moved to unraid about 6 months ago and all is running good so far.

Still learning linux a bit every day.

I am running Nextcloud 14.0.3 with mariaDB.

I would like to upgrade to version 15 now and have allready read the linked page one post from CHBMB, but being new to linux and unraid I have a question before I start my next command line safari ;)

Am I right that the first command (docker exec) is only necessary If I start from the host machines commandline?

Can I use the "Console" option from the webinterface to perform the same task and if so, do i still need the docker exec command from the description ? I would guess no.

Do I need the docker container to be configured for Bash (Console shell command - in the edit docker screen from the web interface) to be in the correct environment if I use the "Console" option from the webinterface.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Toby

5 hours ago, snowboardjoe said:

Deleting the container alone does not modify the contents of /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb. It only removes the images from docker.img. Most containers when reinstalled will either create new configuration files if they are not present. If you manually manipulated the data in /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb, then all bets are off depending on what you modified. If you want to destroy what's there, you would remove all contents within /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb while the container is stopped. There is no need to remove and add the container back.

As for Nextcloud, the config should be located in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud. Where you place your data is up to you and you define that in the container configuration. For example, in my case, all of my data is located in /mnt/user/nextcloud which maps to /data within the container when it's running (referenced as Host Path 2 in my configuration).

So in short, stop both, delete /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb, and /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud, start mariadb, configure it per the setup, then start up nextcloud, and configure it as well, then inside nextcloud, have it scan for existing data, and it should pick up all the existing data?

EDIT: Ok, I think I got it working. What I had apparently done was decide to start messing around with wordpress, so I deleted mariaDB appdata and messed around with it, forgetting it was nextcloud. So I created the nextcloud db on the mariaDB container, and then deleted my nextcloud appdata and set everything up again. It picked up the existing data without having to do anything on my part, and my webpages and mobile apps are working again. Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Eyeheartpie
  • Like 1

Maybe this has been asked before but I'm having a small situation with my nextcloud. It works fine, but I noticed the upload speed when I'm locally in the network is slow. Feels like using the internet bandwidth (About 40Mbps), instead of using my local network (1Gbps).

I did a small test using the nextcloud app to look at my IP of the docker, instead of my reverse proxy and it worked perfectly. Is there a workaround or anything for this?

I forgot. 

This is the configuration I have in my let's encrypt. Based on spaceinvader guide. My actual IP for the server is https://172.16.1.137:444

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

server_name servernextcloud.*;

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000; 
    includeSubDomains" always;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 10240M;
    fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 10240M;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

9 hours ago, gacpac said:

Maybe this has been asked before but I'm having a small situation with my nextcloud. It works fine, but I noticed the upload speed when I'm locally in the network is slow. Feels like using the internet bandwidth (About 40Mbps), instead of using my local network (1Gbps).

I did a small test using the nextcloud app to look at my IP of the docker, instead of my reverse proxy and it worked perfectly. Is there a workaround or anything for this?

In general, write performance is not fantastic. Data transfer speeds still depend on your configuration (share configuration, using cache, speed of cache, etc.) and there is database activity to process each file (lots of tiny files will result in more overhead vs. a few large files). I haven't measured the performance overall of writing to my NC app, but it's definitely slower compared to simply copying the data from my local system to a share over the network (also 1Gb network here).

In general, write performance is not fantastic. Data transfer speeds still depend on your configuration (share configuration, using cache, speed of cache, etc.) and there is database activity to process each file (lots of tiny files will result in more overhead vs. a few large files). I haven't measured the performance overall of writing to my NC app, but it's definitely slower compared to simply copying the data from my local system to a share over the network (also 1Gb network here).
Oh yes. That I understand. But I tried directly connecting to the nextcloud server via IP local and it would work way faster. But using the reverseproxy (inside my network too) would be half the speed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Had someone ever had the problem with uploads to the nextcloud from the client. 

My error is "413 Request Entity Too Large" cannot upload files larger than 100mb

What doesn't makes sense is that it works from my phone with videos. 

This happened using the nextcloud client app for windows at a remote location.

14 hours ago, gacpac said:

Had someone ever had the problem with uploads to the nextcloud from the client. 

My error is "413 Request Entity Too Large" cannot upload files larger than 100mb

What doesn't makes sense is that it works from my phone with videos. 

This happened using the nextcloud client app for windows at a remote location.

Nevermind it seems to be the application itself DON'T USE NEXTCLOUD SYNC APP 2.5.1

I narrowed down to the 2.3.3.1 that is working perfectly.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:32 PM, eds said:

I can't say for sure what your issue is because I used Nginx Proxy Manager to get nextcloud up and running.

Perhaps you would have better luck using that?

I tried to follow the instructions per spaceinvaderone's video and it did not work for me. 

So I switched over to the Nginx proxy manager, but still having the same issue.

Did you set the system up with a maria DB database?

SO I have the issue of adding apps, and an issue with larger files failing to upload from IOS. namely video files. photos seem to be going up fine.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:26 AM, CorneliousJD said:

Sorry to bother, I did try searching for this and found others with the issue but not a resolution.

I had 13.0.0 installed, updated to 14.x and then 15.0.2 after that - all via WebUI and that went very smoothly.

I just now have these warnings, before the upgrades I didn't have any warnings or issues here listed, I also still continue to get an A+ rating on the Nextcloud security scan, but I would like to resolve all of these issues listed here for good measure.

EDIT - got the tables updated w/ the sudo -u -abc command in the docker shell, but still not sure why the refer-policy is kicking that back, i had thought i had that issue on 13.x originally and fixed it. I'll have to look around some more, but if someone has a link or info handy feel free to send it my way!

Any help is appreciated!

image.thumb.png.a4ef418c64832179412f0c05a9274bec.png

I have this same error, what was the command you used to fix it? 

I tried "sudo -u abc php occ db:convert-filecache-bigint" and it gives me an error "Could not open input file: occ"

2 minutes ago, bobokun said:

I have this same error, what was the command you used to fix it? 

I tried "sudo -u abc php occ db:convert-filecache-bigint" and it gives me an error "Could not open input file: occ"

Try

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Try

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

Thank you that worked perfectly!

image.thumb.png.3ef513fb6f721398cb4f9bf9f3a00555.png

I am also having an issue with not setting up caldav/carddav. I've tried searching through the thread and I've added this code to appdata\letsencrypt\nginx\site-confs\default but it's still giving me the error. I've also tried adding the same code to my nextcloud\nginx\site-config\default and it's not working either. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

location = /.well-known/carddav {
		return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav;
	}
	location = /.well-known/caldav {
		return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav;
	}

EDIT: I have fixed this issue! for anyone else who is having this error and is using YOURDOMAIN.COM/nextcloud as the URL you need to change it to this code. Very silly mistake of me but I'm glad all issues are resolved now :)

location = /.well-known/carddav {
		return 301 $scheme://$host/nextcloud/remote.php/dav;
	}
	location = /.well-known/caldav {
		return 301 $scheme://$host/nextcloud/remote.php/dav;
	}

Edited by bobokun
On 2/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, snowboardjoe said:

Hey look. I did a test connecting directly to the IP. I'm making almost a gigabit. How can I make this work faster using the reverse proxy.

image.thumb.png.45d3e304551eaba7d0d83b0734f3bc5a.png

On 2/22/2019 at 10:21 AM, InfInIty said:

So I switched over to the Nginx proxy manager, but still having the same issue.

Did you set the system up with a maria DB database?

SO I have the issue of adding apps, and an issue with larger files failing to upload from IOS. namely video files. photos seem to be going up fine.

Yes.  Using maria db. 

This sounds like either a php issue or permissions issue.    What are the error logs saying now?

8 hours ago, eds said:

Yes.  Using maria db. 

This sounds like either a php issue or permissions issue.    What are the error logs saying now?

So I have completely rebuilt my unraid server since then

I have it running through the nginx proxy manager, and it seems everything is working as it should.  Windows desktop app works, uploading files through the web app work.  The IOS app I just get error timed out everytime i try and upload a file.

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to raise this - but after trying many things I have to ask for help on this. I have followed Spaceinvaderone's tutorial to set up Nextcloud and Letsencrypt (linuxserver's dockers). Nextcloud now works on my LAN but I cant get it to work with a domain or letsencrypt.

Letsencrypt correctly validates my domain but for some reason, somewhere between that and Nextcloud, the forwarding doesnt work. My domain is with Namecheap, and the DNS is with Cloudfare. I've tried setting this to directly connect via A record and CName (via duckdns) but each time, the domain fails to resolve at the server. I have port forwarding set correctly for letsencrypt on my router.

As per Spaceinvaderone's tutorial, i have changed the network of the 2 dockers to proxynet (Maria DB left on bridge), changed the settings on letsencrypt & nextcloud via CA config editor & renamed the file to .conf for the former.

Can anyone help and let me know what I am missing

/mnt/user/appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

---> renamed to nextcloud.subdomain.conf

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

array (
    0 => '10.0.0.100:444',
    1 => 'nextcloud.*mydomain*.com',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '15.0.2.0',
  'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'], 
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.*mydomain*.com',
  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.*mydomain*.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

Note: Spaceinvaderone's tutorial does not show the need to add 'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'], but adding or leaving out this line does not make a difference

10 hours ago, InfInIty said:

So I have completely rebuilt my unraid server since then

I have it running through the nginx proxy manager, and it seems everything is working as it should.  Windows desktop app works, uploading files through the web app work.  The IOS app I just get error timed out everytime i try and upload a file.

I'm not in the Apple environment any more so not sure I can help with this one.