[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 2/24/2019 at 8:12 AM, InfInIty said:

So I have completely rebuilt my unraid server since then

I have it running through the nginx proxy manager, and it seems everything is working as it should.  Windows desktop app works, uploading files through the web app work.  The IOS app I just get error timed out everytime i try and upload a file.

Not sure what would cause that. Maybe delete the app and try again? Maybe a typo in the URL?

On 2/19/2019 at 3:17 AM, snowboardjoe said:

How did you "jack" with your MariaDB container? Did you modify your /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb structure?

Your configuration for Nextcloud and your data should already be in two different filesystems and/or directories. So, your data should remain untouched. If I were to start over and no other application is storing data in MariaDB):

• Stop Nextcloud
  • Stop MariaDB
  • Destroy all configuration and data for MariaDB.
  • Destory all configuration for NextCloud.
  • Start MariaDB and let it initialize.
  • Start Nextcloud and let it initialize.
  • Restore and custom configurations to Nextcloud (save a copy of your config.php?).
  • Setup Nextcloud and point to your existing data and run a scan of what's there.

I've borked my Nextcloud before when I was setting things up by losing the admin password. I was able to modify the DB to get that back and get back on track again without needed to restore anything. 

I've now done this step over 4 times over the past 30 days and somehow its failed. I've tinkered with the settings as well as tried restarting from scratch (deleting all the docker images and saved files)  As for Maria DB, i just used linuxserver's docker with the settings advised(as per spaceinvaderone's tutorial). Since I had not put any data important in it - it wasn't a loss other than having to follow the step one by one again. Nextcloud also runs perfectly on the local server as long as I use the local network on local IP. Letsencrypt meanwhile validates the domains correctly as indicated by the logs of the docker. So somewhere between letsencrypt and the nextcloud docker something falters. I'm curious if anyone had to do the settings differently?

I did try to follow Linuxserver's tutorial but it felt too technical for me, especially as there are some parts that are not as clear or doesn;t feel step by step like Spaceinvaderone's tutorial

The only things I can think of that i did differently is did differently is edit the configurations using CA Config Editor (instead of a text editor) and use Cloudfare as the DNS

Hi! I have external drives mounted in Nextcloud as "local". All files created by Nextcloud users in those folders are not writable by other programs on the server (or by any SMB share). I want to change the default file permissions for files created/saved in Nextcloud to something like umask 000 (i understand the security issues). Can anyone show me how to do this? 

Thank you! Any help is appreciated!

Did someone get OnlyOffice working with Nextcloud? I've searched all over the internet, but can't find any solution. Only the line which I had to add which is

'onlyoffice' =>
    array (
  'verify_peer_off' => TRUE,

Which makes OnlyOffice connect, but fails when opening the file giving me an unknown error.

Hi, if you get an error after updating to 15.0.5: Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocm-provider/”. This is most likely related to a web server configuration that was not updated to deliver this folder directly. ….

For NGINX add in site-confs/default (replace [NEXTCLOUD]):

location = /.well-known/carddav {
        return 301 $scheme://$host/[NEXTCLOUD]/remote.php/dav;
    }
    location = /.well-known/caldav {
    }

location = /ocs-provider {

return 301 $scheme://$host/[NEXTCLOUD]/ocs-provider/;
}

location = /ocs-provider/ {
}

location = /ocm-provider {
return 301 $scheme://$host/[NEXTCLOUD]/ocm-provider/;
}

location = /ocm-provider/ {
}

This will fix it.

Edited by Piranha2000
Typo
On 3/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, Piranha2000 said:

Hi, if you get an error after updating to 15.0.5: Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocm-provider/”. This is most likely related to a web server configuration that was not updated to deliver this folder directly. ….

For NGINX add in site-confs/default (replace [NEXTCLOUD]):

}
    }

location = /ocs-provider {

}

location = /ocs-provider/ {
}

location = /ocm-provider {
}

location = /ocm-provider/ {
}

This will fix it.

I tried adding this to my nginx configuration but I am still getting the error message.  :(

The docker container I always keep up to date and from time to time I check nextcloud with an admin account if any update is available. 15.05 I got a couple days ago, hit the update button, done. No special procedure. Check for an update with an Admin account in the settings section "overview", download it and install it. If everything works, the updater shouldn't show any errors. If you have issues, post the output of the updater. @rowid_alex

1 hour ago, bastl said:

The docker container I always keep up to date and from time to time I check nextcloud with an admin account if any update is available. 15.05 I got a couple days ago, hit the update button, done. No special procedure. Check for an update with an Admin account in the settings section "overview", download it and install it. If everything works, the updater shouldn't show any errors. If you have issues, post the output of the updater. @rowid_alex

image.thumb.png.57a501c434163e7486ed293aa8743e0d.png

Thanks. I just got the update this evening so this time I tried to use "force update" function in advanced view to update the nextcloud container and the updater said it is up-to-date. So nothing is changed. I am still in 14.0.3 however...

@rowid_alex Go to your nextcloud webinterface and as said earlier, login with an admin account and check if an update is available. It should show your current version and available updates. The nextcloud itself has to be updated inside the container.

Übersicht = overview or whatever language you are using.

nextcloud.thumb.png.777e6484be6e3e9eac2f65034d15a455.png

Edited by bastl
21 hours ago, bastl said:

@rowid_alex Go to your nextcloud webinterface and as said earlier, login with an admin account and check if an update is available. It should show your current version and available updates. The nextcloud itself has to be updated inside the container.

Übersicht = overview or whatever language you are using.

nextcloud.thumb.png.777e6484be6e3e9eac2f65034d15a455.png

Thanks! I thought this will be updated via docker container. I successfully upgraded to 15.0.5 now.

Can someone help with this error? I get this when i try to acess to nextcloud via browser (locally). I know i can just type https:// before.

"

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

nginx/1.14.2"

I've looking in config file of nginx and tried a lot of diferent combinations of ssl off; and none worked. 

I'll post here down below my config of nginx. 

Hope someone could give me some lights here. 

upstream php-handler {
    server 127.0.0.1:9000;
}
server {
    listen 80;
    listen [::]:80;

server_name _;
    return 301 http://$server_name$request_uri;
}

server {

listen 443 ssl http2;
    listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
    server_name _;
    ssl_certificate /config/keys/cert.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/cert.key;

add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
    add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
    add_header X-Robots-Tag none;
    add_header X-Download-Options noopen;
    add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none;
    add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer;
    fastcgi_hide_header X-Powered-By;
    root /config/www/nextcloud/;
    location = /robots.txt {
        allow all;
        log_not_found off;
        access_log off;
    }
      return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav;
    }
      return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav;
    }
    client_max_body_size 10G;
    fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;
    gzip on;
    gzip_vary on;
    gzip_comp_level 4;
    gzip_min_length 256;
    gzip_proxied expired no-cache no-store private no_last_modified no_etag auth;
    gzip_types application/atom+xml application/javascript application/json application/ld+json application/manifest+json application/rss+xml application/vnd.geo+json application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/x-font-ttf application/x-web-app-manifest+json application/xhtml+xml application/xml font/opentype image/bmp image/svg+xml image/x-icon text/cache-manifest text/css text/plain text/vcard text/vnd.rim.location.xloc text/vtt text/x-component text/x-cross-domain-policy;
    location / {
        rewrite ^ /index.php$request_uri;
    }
    location ~ ^\/(?:build|tests|config|lib|3rdparty|templates|data)\/ {
        deny all;
    }
    location ~ ^\/(?:\.|autotest|occ|issue|indie|db_|console) {
        deny all;
    }
    location ~ ^\/(?:index|remote|public|cron|core\/ajax\/update|status|ocs\/v[12]|updater\/.+|ocs-provider\/.+|ocm-provider\/.+)\.php(?:$|\/) {
        fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+?\.php)(\/.*|)$;
        include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
        fastcgi_param HTTPS on;
        fastcgi_param modHeadersAvailable true;
        fastcgi_param front_controller_active true;
        fastcgi_pass php-handler;
        fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
        fastcgi_request_buffering off;
    }

location ~ ^\/(?:updater|ocs-provider|ocm-provider)(?:$|\/) {
        try_files $uri/ =404;
        index index.php;
    }
    location ~ \.(?:css|js|woff2?|svg|gif)$ {
        try_files $uri /index.php$request_uri;
        add_header Cache-Control "public, max-age=15778463";
        add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
        add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
        add_header X-Robots-Tag none;
        add_header X-Download-Options noopen;
        add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none;
        add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer;
        access_log off;
    }
    location ~ \.(?:png|html|ttf|ico|jpg|jpeg)$ {
        try_files $uri /index.php$request_uri;
        access_log off;
    }
}

Thanks in advance,

João Aragão

Edited by JoaoAragao

hey guys, didn't search the thread but wondering about downloading files.

i installed nextcloud and also the app on my phone.  I added external shares to Nextcloud.  I can see them all but when i try to download a file to my phone, it just puts a green tick beside it, then nothing happens, then i can't even select download again.

Any ideas?

Hi I have Nextcloud setup with this docker and it works great. Is there a way to mount as a network drive the Nextcloud data folder in OSX without using WebDAV. WebDAV is very slowly when uploading larger files with file write errors. I know I can upload via browser but would be nice to have mount drive access. Would prefer not to sync all the files to my local hard drive via sync client app.

Also, any tutorials for setting up full text search??

Thank you! 

Hi, hoping someone can help, I'm new to Unraid and was liking it but suddenly getting some issues that worry me as to whether it's stable enough to be my server! First thing I noticed was that Time Machine had stopped working and will not connect back to Unraid so I rebooted server! Then Nextcloud wouldn't start, so tried another reboot, still nothing just said execution error? So I tried removing the container and re-installing and it won't install! 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nextcloud' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '443:443/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/nextcloud/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/':'/shares':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/nextcloud' 

aaea1521bd9f8248f4068861339fc1f2f043956de1aadbb0cfeb32cf6ea2f38c
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nextcloud (a6e92a2887d7dd6adb62efdbe275cc371c61b5a12bdc68ea597d09adc29ffedb): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:443: bind: address already in use.

I don't understand this it was all working fine! I haven't added anything else to the server, the only thing I've been trying to get working was the reverse proxy and that was/is mostly working. Not sure where to look now to see what's going on?

Cheers,

Tim

Probably not directly related to your problem, but the Use cache setting for some of your shares may not be what you intend.

You have some shares set to cache-no but still have files on cache. Mover only moves cache-yes shares from cache to array. It ignores cache-no and cache-only shares.

And you have some shares besides the usual (appdata, system, domains) set to cache-prefer. Mover moves cache-prefer shares from array to cache.

People are often confused by these settings so just thought I would mention it.

58 minutes ago, trurl said:

Probably not directly related to your problem, but the Use cache setting for some of your shares may not be what you intend.

You have some shares set to cache-no but still have files on cache. Mover only moves cache-yes shares from cache to array. It ignores cache-no and cache-only shares.

And you have some shares besides the usual (appdata, system, domains) set to cache-prefer. Mover moves cache-prefer shares from array to cache.

People are often confused by these settings so just thought I would mention it.

Hi, ok I know I set a couple of things to prefer cache as they were being accessed all the time and stopping the array from spinning down! The time machine share was set to use the cache but as it now wants to re-do the back-up it'll be way bigger than the cache drive! As and when I can get it to work again I thought I'd switch it back once it was done! Or is that the wrong way to do it?

1 hour ago, MothyTim said:

I set a couple of things to prefer cache as they were being accessed all the time and stopping the array from spinning down!

That's fine. I do the same thing.

1 hour ago, MothyTim said:

it'll be way bigger than the cache drive! As and when I can get it to work again I thought I'd switch it back once it was done!

That's OK too. If you want you can set it to cache-yes, run mover (Main - Array Operations - Move Now) to get it moved to the array, then set it to cache-no.

14 hours ago, MothyTim said:

Hi, hoping someone can help, I'm new to Unraid and was liking it but suddenly getting some issues that worry me as to whether it's stable enough to be my server! First thing I noticed was that Time Machine had stopped working and will not connect back to Unraid so I rebooted server! Then Nextcloud wouldn't start, so tried another reboot, still nothing just said execution error? So I tried removing the container and re-installing and it won't install! 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nextcloud' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '443:443/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/nextcloud/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/':'/shares':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/nextcloud' 

aaea1521bd9f8248f4068861339fc1f2f043956de1aadbb0cfeb32cf6ea2f38c
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nextcloud (a6e92a2887d7dd6adb62efdbe275cc371c61b5a12bdc68ea597d09adc29ffedb): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:443: bind: address already in use.

I don't understand this it was all working fine! I haven't added anything else to the server, the only thing I've been trying to get working was the reverse proxy and that was/is mostly working. Not sure where to look now to see what's going on?

Cheers,

Tim

Regarding your nextcloud it seems like you are running another docker on port 443. So you can change the port on Nextcloud or on the other docker.