[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

2 hours ago, c3 said:

Durp...

blindly updating the docker from time to time, never knew to do the upgrade from the GUI... Now I get

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.2.14.

My docker containers (mariadb-nextcloud and nextcloud) are up-to-date, but I guess that does not help.

Without a gui, how can I proceed?

Linked in the very first post of this thread.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/48383-support-linuxserverio-nextcloud/?page=8#comment-493083

I've gotten this docker up and running behind a reverse proxy using the Linuxserver LetsEncrypt docker and have been really happy with how it's working out. Uploading files to Nextcloud from my computer or phone has worked without any issues so far.

However, I just noticed a strange problem: when I copy files directly into my /data directory [/mnt/user/Nextcloud/zandrsn/files] from another directory on my server (for example,  /mnt/user/media/pdfs/*.pdf > /mnt/user/Nextcloud/zandrsn/files/Documents/pdfs/) these files cannot be seen in Nextcloud.

I've checked to make sure that the ownership of the files matches Nextcloud (nobody:users) and all of the files have 777 permissions. Any ideas? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, zandrsn said:

when I copy files directly into my /data directory [/mnt/user/Nextcloud/zandrsn/files] from another directory on my server (for example,  /mnt/user/media/pdfs/*.pdf > /mnt/user/Nextcloud/zandrsn/files/Documents/pdfs/) these files cannot be seen in Nextcloud.

That's perfectly normal. You must either run the command in the docker to force a nextcloud database update so the new files are indexed every time you manually add files, or you can utilize the external storages plugin and map locations that you want to use that way.

Either option has been discussed before in this thread.

33 minutes ago, zandrsn said:

I've gotten this docker up and running behind a reverse proxy using the Linuxserver LetsEncrypt docker and have been really happy with how it's working out. Uploading files to Nextcloud from my computer or phone has worked without any issues so far.

However, I just noticed a strange problem: when I copy files directly into my /data directory [/mnt/user/Nextcloud/zandrsn/files] from another directory on my server (for example,  /mnt/user/media/pdfs/*.pdf > /mnt/user/Nextcloud/zandrsn/files/Documents/pdfs/) these files cannot be seen in Nextcloud.

I've checked to make sure that the ownership of the files matches Nextcloud (nobody:users) and all of the files have 777 permissions. Any ideas? Thanks!

I actually figured out what the problem was, but will leave this hear in case anyone else has the same issue.

Basically, you're not supposed to add files to Nextcloud's data directly outside of through the web interface (which is pretty annoying, but so it goes). In order to get Nextcloud to remap the directory you have to do this: Run the occ command with “files:scan all”

sudo -u <user of webserver> php /path/to/nextcloud/occ files:scan all

For this container I accomplished this by opening a bash session into the container and running:

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all 

Apparently, you can also accomplish this by adding the parameter: filesystem_check_changes = 1 in the config.ph, but I haven't tried this. 

Edited by zandrsn
3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

That's perfectly normal. You must either run the command in the docker to force a nextcloud database update so the new files are indexed every time you manually add files, or you can utilize the external storages plugin and map locations that you want to use that way.

Either option has been discussed before in this thread.

Yeah, thanks. I'd searched the thread using keywords, but didn't find these previous posts (and didn't feel like reading through all 83 pages). Anyway, I figured it out, and hopefully my post will help someone else.

Got nextcloud up and running, and I'd like to make it visible outside of my network without using Letsencrypt. It was my understanding I could use SSL, have it not be valid, and still get the benefit of the encryption - with a nag screen. Where are the settings to allow Nextcloud to function with a subdomain, nextcloud.myserver.com:5678 ? thanks!

Just now, dkerlee said:

Got nextcloud up and running, and I'd like to make it visible outside of my network without using Letsencrypt. It was my understanding I could use SSL, have it not be valid, and still get the benefit of the encryption - with a nag screen. Where are the settings to allow Nextcloud to function with a subdomain, nextcloud.myserver.com:5678 ? thanks!

All you do is create a subdomain at your DNS - point it to your IP and then browse to https://subdomain.domain.com:portnumber .

28 minutes ago, dkerlee said:

Thanks @j0nnymoe I was hoping it was going to be that easy, but it's not responding. I opened port 444, forwarded it on the router to the server.

I can get to nextcloud locally, 192.168.11.53:444

I get a time-out unreachable for both my subdomain, and my direct IP (from whatismyip)

the port is open, I checked port 444 at https://www.canyouseeme.org/

Prior to using LE, I had my firewall running DDNS to my domain and then when i would browse to it it would be http://mydomain.com:444 and it would work.

Where did you get your domain?

@ijuarezah yeah, DDNS, like dynamic dns right? I use Duck DNS my host is Zuver for both DNS and web hosting.

@j0nnymoe something tells me there's more to it. Like here chbmb adds a few lines to /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php, and the 'trusted_domains' array. Adding those lines don't do the trick, and also break it locally. As soon as I revert back to a saved config.php, it works locally again, but I still can't get to my sub-domain, nextcloud.myserver.com:444

Edited by dkerlee
[mention=25636]ijuarez[/mention]ah yeah, DDNS, like dynamic dns right? I use Duck DNS my host is Zuver for both DNS and web hosting.
[mention=41539]j0nnymoe[/mention] something tells me there's more to it. Like here chbmb adds a few lines to /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php, and the 'trusted_domains' array. Adding those lines don't do the trick, and also break it locally. As soon as I revert back to a saved config.php, it works locally again, but I still can't get to my sub-domain, nextcloud.myserver.com:444
Simple test do a nslookup test for your domain, if it outputs your IP then it's something in the nextcloud config but if it's not then your ddns is not setup correct.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Niklas said:

I looked for clamav in the container first.

The plugin needs clamscan
/usr/bin/clamscan
bash: /usr/bin/clamscan: No such file or directory

Edit:

One solution:

Added this container: https://hub.docker.com/r/mkodockx/docker-clamav/

Configured the plugin in Nextcloud to connect to ClamAV-container using ip and port 3310.

Capture_ServerDocker_-_Google_Chrome_2019-03-30_17-17-59_46260352.png.834e8a7f30db989e038574d660b3eec7.png

Capture_Settings_-_nSoft_Cloud_-_Google_Chrome_2019-03-30_17-19-13_37783157.png

Capture_Activity_-_nSoft_Cloud_-_Google_Chrome_2019-03-30_17-20-27_26350508.png

There is an antivirus addon based on ClamAV if you got to add programs in nextcloud. 

55 minutes ago, Niklas said:

Really? Hm. Where? Can't find it. I can find the plugin used to talk to ClamAV.
https://apps.nextcloud.com/?search=antivirus

You can find it under the Apps > Security section - it just says antivirus. To enable clamav WITHIN the container (vs in a separate docker container) you have to log into the nextcloud container bash and run the command:

apk add clamav clamav-daemon

I got mine working (for the most part) using the directions at the following link, though they need to be modified for Alpine Linux (e.g. apk instead of apt get): https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/14/admin_manual/configuration_server/antivirus_configuration.html

I still can't seem to get clamav to run as a daemon though, only in executable mode, so I may follow @saarg and run ClamAV in a separate container. 

Edited by zandrsn
updated to mention saarg's solution.

Yeah. I have talked about that plug-in all the time. I also added clamav with apk and got it working but adding clamd and other stuff will need some more configuring, so I went the other route as in my post. Seem to be working fine and the container handles auto update and so on. 

Edited by Niklas
2 minutes ago, Niklas said:

Yeah. I have talked about that plug-in all the time. I also added clamav with apk and got it working but adding clamd and other stuff will need some more configuring, so I went the other route as in my post. Seem to be working fine and the container handles auto update and so on. 

Ah okay, sorry. I was confused by your post asking "Where?". I see now from your earlier post that you'd already seen the plugin. But yeah, it seems like running ClamAV in a separate container is much easier than getting clamd working, so I'm probably going to switch to that method as well.

Edited by zandrsn
Just now, zandrsn said:

Ah okay, sorry. I was confused by your post asking "Where?". I see now from your earlier post that you'd already seen the plugin. But yeah, it seems like running ClamAV in a separate container is much easier than getting clamd working, so I'm probably going to switch to that method as well.

The container solution runs much faster compared to having it in the same container as the Nextcloud one. For some reason. :)

When the solution is up, you can use files from here to test your install:
https://www.eicar.org/?page_id=3950

• Like 1

Has anyone had any luck getting collabora to work in the Nextcloud app on iOS?

I have collabora working well with my nextcloud installation, with spreadsheets and documents editable and loading fine from within my home network and externally via NGINX/LetsEncrypt reverse proxy. However, spreadsheets and documents will never load in the iOS app. When I try to open them I just get a grey/white page that never completely loads. This seems to be a known issue with collabora and the nextcloud app, but all of the workarounds I found are incomplete and don't seem to really work when running nexcloud and collabora from docker containers. 

Any ideas? I'm also willing to try OpenOffice, but everything I've seen has indicated that Collabora is more stable. 

On 3/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, ijuarez said:

Is clam-av available in a container?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes. In several different containers. Check my earlier post about it and the one I use now. 

Edit: I got it from Docker hub. No container with unraid template available. 

Add container button
Name: ClamAV
Repository: mk0x/docker-clamav:alpine
Icon URL: http://www.clamav.net/assets/clamav-trademark.png
Extra Parameters: -p 3310:3310 --hostname=clamavsrv --restart=unless-stopped
Network Type: "Custom : Br0" (change to fit your network and environment)
Fixed IP address (optional): 192.168.1.24 (change to fit your network and environment)
Added extra path for logs, want easy access: Container Path: /var/log/clamav. Host path: /mnt/user/appdata/clamav/logs/

See screenshots in earlier post.

Edit 2: Added my template.

Edit 3: Switched to the smaller alpine based image.

my-ClamAV.xml

Edited by Niklas
17 minutes ago, zandrsn said:

Has anyone had any luck getting collabora to work in the Nextcloud app on iOS?

I have collabora working well with my nextcloud installation, with spreadsheets and documents editable and loading fine from within my home network and externally via NGINX/LetsEncrypt reverse proxy. However, spreadsheets and documents will never load in the iOS app. When I try to open them I just get a grey/white page that never completely loads. This seems to be a known issue with collabora and the nextcloud app, but all of the workarounds I found are incomplete and don't seem to really work when running nexcloud and collabora from docker containers. 

Any ideas? I'm also willing to try OpenOffice, but everything I've seen has indicated that Collabora is more stable. 

Collabora is much better integrated too. I use it and had that problem but it went away with some recent update to the Collabora container. 

I use Traefik to proxy all traffic to my containers. All my containers that I need inet access to have their own sub-domains.

Edited by Niklas