[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I posted in general topic, but I think that it actually belongs here. I noticed that my Nextcloud was no longer responsive and when trying to get into through WebUI I receive the following message:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

I'll attach the log of my system just in case. 

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks.

PS.    I am also attaching the error file from the nextcloud/log/nginx folder. It has some "errors" that I am not sure what to do about.

tower-diagnostics-20190509-1331.zip

error.log

Edited by levster

Hello everyone,

i got a problem with my nextcloud installation.

After I updated my docker-container (maria-db and nextcloud) via the unraid gui (6.6.7) my nextcloud is not getting up.

In the error log of the nginx folder from nextcloud i got the following error message:

2019/05/10 06:38:50 [error] 312#312: *216 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(151): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\DB\Connection->__construct...
PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(151): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doc

Can someone help me?

14 hours ago, b0rgi85 said:

Hello everyone,

i got a problem with my nextcloud installation.

After I updated my docker-container (maria-db and nextcloud) via the unraid gui (6.6.7) my nextcloud is not getting up.

In the error log of the nginx folder from nextcloud i got the following error message:

2019/05/10 06:38:50 [error] 312#312: *216 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64
Stack trace:
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\DB\Connection->__construct...
PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64
Stack trace:
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doc

Can someone help me?

Ok I figured out, that it wasn't the nextcloud update. There is something faulty with my mariaDB Database. Can someone help me please?

17 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Has been for ages, but as per the first post in this thread, you need to update through the webui or CLI for an existing install

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/tags

Ah, yes. Mine still say I have the latest version installed (15.0.7, checked today). I have updated using the gui before. I was thinking that I would get the upgrade when the container got updated but I know understand I got it wrong. ;) That would not update my database and stuff like that I guess.

Updating via the console worked. :)
cd /config/www/nextcloud/updater
sudo -u abc php updater.phar

Edited by Niklas

I am running into a brand new problem starting today.  I am running nextcloud with ngnix proxy manager.    I updated to nextcloud 16 and things were going fine for a day.  Today I try to open the docker and I get the following error in chrome:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

Mydomain.domain.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

In Firefox it looks like:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to mydomain.domain.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Is anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi

I have been trying to setup Nextcloud and mariadb following the guide at the start of this forum but always ends with a 504 Gateway Timeout.

When navigating back to the Nextcloud page it wants to start the setup again.

The only change i have made to the guide is using the br0 network - Would this make a difference?

I have tried installing exactly the same way as the guide but still get the same problem.

Fixes for database problem i have found in this forum seem to already included in the latest mariadb custom.cnf

Only log file i can find with an error is the one attached. Is there somewhere else i can look for any hints of why it is failing?

mariadb - MariaDB-1:10.3.14

Nextcloud - 16.0.0.9 (I think)

error.log

On 5/10/2019 at 2:21 PM, b0rgi85 said:

Ok I figured out, that it wasn't the nextcloud update. There is something faulty with my mariaDB Database. Can someone help me please?

Mine did the same thing on Friday..was working fine until the afternoon when I updated MariaDB.. then it all went to shit.. MariaDB Logs were constantly updating with - "MYSQL safe logging" over and over.. Nextcloud wasn't working either, couldn't even pull up the docker link.  I ended up just making a backup of my nextcloud share, deleting it, removing MariaDB and NC and everything in Appdata and started fresh. But I agree, it was something with the MariaDB.. my db that I had made, didn't even exist anymore where it should have been. 

10 hours ago, presence06 said:

Mine did the same thing on Friday..was working fine until the afternoon when I updated MariaDB.. then it all went to shit.. MariaDB Logs were constantly updating with - "MYSQL safe logging" over and over.. Nextcloud wasn't working either, couldn't even pull up the docker link.  I ended up just making a backup of my nextcloud share, deleting it, removing MariaDB and NC and everything in Appdata and started fresh. But I agree, it was something with the MariaDB.. my db that I had made, didn't even exist anymore where it should have been. 

Hey, I solved it without any data loses.
I installed PHPmyAdmin and have done a backup of my mariadb database. Then I've done a fresh install of MariaDB (deleting the old AppData, etc.) and then restored my backup with PHPmyAdmin. After that everythings works fine.

• Like 1

Does anybody have any idea why I am getting this message after upgrading MariaDB 10.3.15 today? Was running Nextcloud 15. Updated to the latest Nextcloud 16, the same error "Error occurred while checking server setup" is still persisting. 

edit:

It had nothing to do with my setup or Maria DB. Checked the logs after, it turns out the Nextcloud.com was down. And that was causing the issues. Because part of the security scan is an online connection to their servers. All good Now!

Annotation 2019-05-16 011230.jpg

Edited by pervin_1
On 5/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, gacpac said:

For the warning relating the reverse proxy. 

I was missing this line in the config.php for nextcloud

'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'], 

I took this from the template from let's encrypt

Thanks Gacpac, I was getting the same warning and this fixed it.

Hello,

I got a problem while trying to install nextcloud with the mariadb database docker. I can connect to the nextcloud webui but when I completed anything i got the following message:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

Do anyone knows what I can do to fix that? Sorry for my bad english Im from Germany...

Thank you

2 hours ago, Der_Eine said:

Hello,

I got a problem while trying to install nextcloud with the mariadb database docker. I can connect to the nextcloud webui but when I completed anything i got the following message:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

Do anyone knows what I can do to fix that? Sorry for my bad english Im from Germany...

Thank you

Looks like the root password for your database is wrong

On 5/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, gacpac said:

For the warning relating the reverse proxy. 

I was missing this line in the config.php for nextcloud

'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],

I took this from the template from let's encrypt

I have this added into my Nextcloud config.php but I am still getting this warning ... not sure what else to try.

Can anyone help me with this Warning in the Nextcloud 16.0.1 Security & Setup Overview?

"There are some warnings regarding your setup.

The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation."

MyConfigFiles.zip

I have this added into my Nextcloud config.php but I am still getting this warning ... not sure what else to try.

Can anyone help me with this Warning in the Nextcloud 16.0.1 Security & Setup Overview?

"There are some warnings regarding your setup.
The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation."
MyConfigFiles.zip
I think you wrote wrong.

Remove the [ ]

I have it like this

'trusted_proxies' =>
array (
0 => 'letsencrypt',
),

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Der_Eine said:

No, it is not. I copied the pw directly from the mariadb edit window.

Run this to check:

docker exec -it mariadb bash

msyql -uroot -p

If that works then paste a screenshot of the settings before you submit them on the Nextcloud setup page

13 hours ago, gacpac said:

I think you wrote wrong.

Remove the [ ]

I have it like this

'trusted_proxies' =>
array (
0 => 'letsencrypt',
),

I have tried that exact line but for some reason it makes not difference for me. 

I am using my dns through Cloudflare but I don’t know if that is my issue!?

I have tried that exact line but for some reason it makes not difference for me. 
I am using my dns through Cloudflare but I don’t know if that is my issue!?
Well. I don't have cloudflare enabled, maybe you have to do something else :S i don't know what to tell you.

Have you checked in the nextcloud forums?

• Upvote 1

I tried to updat Nextcloud but got the error "Parsing response failed. <html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.14.2</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

Any ideas on how to fix this?