[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

2 minutes ago, OOmatrixOO said:

Yes Now I am one step further

root@Unraid:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
root@567f1e60d30e:/# sudo -u abc touch /config/log/nextcloud.log
bash: sudo: command not found
root@567f1e60d30e:/#

Type the command in manually, don't copy/paste I think this is probably the forum bug causing an issue.

try without the sudo. Maybe you don't need to use it.
remove the abc  -u abc, just do sudo touch /config/log/nextcloud.log
I know that sudo -u abc works the issue is the damned forum sometimes adds invisible characters to text copied and pasted from it.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

[mention=88537]OOmatrixOO[/mention] like this

image.png.736f8535b923269da4608cb0018d4dd1.png
Do you mind? I've written the solution and he's hitting a forum bug, not an issue with the code I've written.

I do kind of know what I'm doing here.....

Test for yourself

TYPE
sudo -u abc touch /config/test

In the container and guarantee it'll work.

FWIW I know it'll work as I was the one that added sudo to the container to allow us to run commands as the specified user from the command line so it would be possible to run occ as the same user that Nextcloud runs under.

try without the sudo. Maybe you don't need to use it.
remove the abc  -u abc, just do sudo touch /config/log/nextcloud.log
There's no point in elevating with sudo in your example as by definition when you run a touch command in the container the file is owned by root. The purpose of sudo -u abc is to run the command as the abc user, so sudo touch and touch are essentially the same thing.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Type the command in manually, don't copy/paste I think this is probably the forum bug causing an issue.

If i type the command manually, then i have a new error 😞

sudo: error in /etc/sudo.conf, line 0 while loading plugin "sudoers_policy"
sudo: /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so must be only be writable by owner
sudo: fatal error, unable to load plugins

3 minutes ago, OOmatrixOO said:

If i type the command manually, then i have a new error 😞

sudo: error in /etc/sudo.conf, line 0 while loading plugin "sudoers_policy"
sudo: /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so must be only be writable by owner
sudo: fatal error, unable to load plugins

PM sent, I dunno what you're doing, but something ain't right....

22 minutes ago, gacpac said:

Those error are relating sudo, there's a thread in askubuntu here, see if you can troubleshoot from there because that shouldn't happen

https://askubuntu.com/questions/637432/sudo-comes-up-with-an-error-cannot-run-anything-as-root

You're missing a very very important point here.  Containers are immutable, the container I run, is the same as the container you run, which is the same as the container @OOmatrixOO is running.  I think we both know he wouldn't know where to start with that link, and Ubuntu doesn't necessarily translate well to an Alpine docker container.

Instead I remoted in and just pulled a fresh container, typed the commands as I set out and it worked fine.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

You're missing a very very important point here.  Containers are immutable, the container I run, is the same as the container you run, which is the same as the container @OOmatrixOO is running.  I think we both know he wouldn't know where to start with that link, and Ubuntu doesn't necessarily translate well to an Alpine docker container.

Instead I remoted in and just pulled a fresh container, typed the commands as I set out and it worked fine.

I really meant to send that to you when I quoted. So you knew what that error was and get an idea on how to go from there.

I really meant to send that to you when I quoted. So you knew what that error was and get an idea on how to go from there.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't need the hint.....

Like I said, I know what I'm doing here.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't need the hint.....

Like I said, I know what I'm doing here.

Ne, I'm not. Just trying to be helpful. It's cool as long as we problem is solved. :D

58 minutes ago, mrvilla said:

Get the following error:

could not open input file: /var/www/nextcloud/occ

That's because you are using the wrong command. occ is not in that path in our container. Look in this link for how to turn off maintenance mode:

Hi

I have tried to activate the app "Registration" in order for people to register by them own. 

It does not work and I just get the following:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

Remote Address: 192.168.0.30

Request ID: zo79vlafywRVpJGLUHuq

Any ideas?

For the life of me I can not get the windows sync to connect. I can access NC via web when I trying to set up the client I either get timeout or it goes to the next part and I get This site can’t be reached
nextcloud.server.com took too long to respond.

I have removed and reinstalled everything with still no luck. I recently switched ISP's and I thought that was the problem but when I do a traceroute I get the Wan IP. I have looked everywhere and see this is a problem but I have not found a answer. Any Help would be great.

Is it possible to set up Nextcloud as a local network ONLY sync setup?

I'd like to sync some folders from multiple devices and have no need for access off the local network.  I would prefer it to be local only so I do not accidentally open my folder up to access from the web and also because I have no need for the feature.  Would this be accomplished in Nextcloud or by firewall rules (I am running a standalone pfSense firewall).

The devices I'd like to backup to Unraid and also sync are two laptops and two phones (pictures mainly for the phones).

Is there a better way to do this?

20 hours ago, ur6969 said:
Is it possible to set up Nextcloud as a local network ONLY sync setup?

I'd like to sync some folders from multiple devices and have no need for access off the local network.  I would prefer it to be local only so I do not accidentally open my folder up to access from the web and also because I have no need for the feature.  Would this be accomplished in Nextcloud or by firewall rules (I am running a standalone pfSense firewall).

The devices I'd like to backup to Unraid and also sync are two laptops and two phones (pictures mainly for the phones).

Is there a better way to do this?

No reason why not.

How to do it would depend on how you're planning to deploy it, behind a reverse proxy or as a solo container.

Edited by CHBMB

Perhaps anyone here can help...

I'm using this docker with the linuxserver letsencrypt docker as reverse proxy. Everything works well when using from the "outer world". But when inside the local network like wifi oder ethernet connectect, I always get the page of my router.

I know this doesn't have to do with this docker itself but any network thing.

This problem is on 2 sites i'm using this setup (only two different routers):

Fix url like cloud.***.** with CNAME entry to duckdns. This is converted to my external address of router and handled with port forwarding. As I told before, it works for usage from outer networks. Internally I get the page of my router with a wrong certificate. 

Perhaps anyone here can help...

I'm using this docker with the linuxserver letsencrypt docker as reverse proxy. Everything works well when using from the "outer world". But when inside the local network like wifi oder ethernet connectect, I always get the page of my router.

I know this doesn't have to do with this docker itself but any network thing.

This problem is on 2 sites i'm using this setup (only two different routers):

Fix url like cloud.***.** with CNAME entry to duckdns. This is converted to my external address of router and handled with port forwarding. As I told before, it works for usage from outer networks. Internally I get the page of my router with a wrong certificate. 
Do a search on this thread for hair pinning on your firewall

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk