[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi there,

iam new in the unraid game (coming from xigmanas/nas4free and started now also with a new hardware setup).

I installed mariadb and nextcloud with your wunderfull instruction - thanks for that!

Just a quick question after install, nextcloud has some warnings for me and I have now idea why, how and whatever ;)

Can somebody please assist?

There are some warnings regarding your setup.
The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗.
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Hi, I have a strange issue, I have a folder shared through Nextcloud from my array it has large sound files and I use it to share with colleagues. Whenever anyone downloads any of these files my docker image fills up and then clears itself when they’re done! Does Nextcloud cache the file for some reason?

cheers,

Tim

Very very new to unraid and next cloud.. Not sure if this is the correct spot on the forums either to ask this question.

I have nextcloud setup so far. I am trying to set up it that I can access my unraid files from nextcloud. Files such as documents, music. I would also want to be able to read and write these files as well.

Very very new to unraid and next cloud.. Not sure if this is the correct spot on the forums either to ask this question.

I have nextcloud setup so far. I am trying to set up it that I can access my unraid files from nextcloud. Files such as documents, music. I would also want to be able to read and write these files as well.
External Devices plugin

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I recently set up Nextcloud and mariadb using the spaceinvaderone video.  I changed my Unraid server IP address last week to a static address at the router level.  So far everything has worked fine on my server except Nextcloud.  I also know the mariadb docker updated a week or so ago as well.

For whatever reason I cannot log into my Nextcloud account either through the browser or the sync app for Windows.  I have restarted the dockers and disconnected the account on the sync app and now nothing works.

Any ideas?

Edited by ur6969
I recently set up Nextcloud and mariadb using the spaceinvaderone video.  I changed my Unraid server IP address last week to a static address at the router level.  So far everything has worked fine on my server except Nextcloud.  I also know the mariadb docker updated a week or so ago as well.

For whatever reason I cannot log into my Nextcloud account either through the browser or the sync app for Windows.  I have restarted the dockers and disconnected the account on the sync app and now nothing works.

Any ideas?
Post the run command for your docker

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Post the run command for your docker

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've searched this thread and google for the right command line command to run and nothing will work.  Everything I try says "not found".  I cannot make it to the OCC commands I keep reading about.

My Nextcloud data was all test data to see how the syncing worked.  Will it be easier to just nuke it all and reinstall everything with the video again?

On 5/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, gacpac said:

For the warning relating the reverse proxy. 

I was missing this line in the config.php for nextcloud

'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],

I took this from the template from let's encrypt

Thank you. This solves my reverse proxy warning.

I have upgrade Nextcloud to 16.0.1 and everything is working perfectly with the exception of when I do a security scan I see this below in my next cloud setting.

The "Referrer-Policy" HTTP header is not set to "no-referrer", "no-referrer-when-downgrade", "strict-origin", "strict-origin-when-cross-origin" or "same-origin". This can leak referer information.

I've read through the thread looking for solutions and modifying the ngix config on my letsencrypt reverse proxy but still getting the same thing.  I get that it letsencrypt and nextcloud are adding the headers twice hence why I'm getting the issue during the security & setup scan.

Anyone else getting this issue with the latest version of nextcloud?

On 5/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, gacpac said:

I think you wrote wrong.

Remove the [ ]

I have it like this

'trusted_proxies' =>
array (
0 => 'letsencrypt',
),

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Use the search function and guess what ya'll I found my answer!!!

The things you learn

Hi,

i am trying to reach and work the same Data over User Shares (SMB - secured with Passwort)
and Nextcloud Container. I can delet folders and textfiles created with nextcloud as SMB user.
But i can't edit files or paste something into folders generated with nextcloud. Files and folders created via SMB are editable and deletable.

-Path is mapped into container as RW - Slave
-Added via "External Storage Device"

It's important for me to reach Data both ways and not only to work in Nextcloud.
Does any knows how to solve this problem? I read about setting write permissions for subfolders
every minute as cron job - not my prefered solution. Or setting SGID-Bit, but i am not sure if in unraid or
docker.

Best regards

scobel

1 hour ago, Scobel said:

Hi,

i am trying to reach and work the same Data over User Shares (SMB - secured with Passwort)
and Nextcloud Container. I can delet folders and textfiles created with nextcloud as SMB user.
But i can't edit files or paste something into folders generated with nextcloud. Files and folders created via SMB are editable and deletable.

-Path is mapped into container as RW - Slave
-Added via "External Storage Device"

It's important for me to reach Data both ways and not only to work in Nextcloud.
Does any knows how to solve this problem? I read about setting write permissions for subfolders
every minute as cron job - not my prefered solution. Or setting SGID-Bit, but i am not sure if in unraid or
docker.

Best regards

scobel

Create your shares as normal and add them using external storage app within nextcloud, that's the proper way to do it.

On 5/22/2017 at 7:26 AM, CHBMB said:

For those that upgrade to v12.  Nextcloud have changed the config slightly.  You will need to go to your nextcloud appdata and edit the default file in /nginx/site-confs/ and hash the line #add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";

Woot! Thanks for your help!

Also, I am ashamed that it is 2019 and as of this morning I was still on v12...

Edited by archedraft

Hello everyone, 

I tried to give my nextcloud setup a fresh install: fresh mariadb, fresh nextcloud docker and also removed everything (even hidden files) from the shares (appdata/nextcloud & Datashare). Following the guides from spaceinvaderone and linuxserver.io, the DB setup and first installation from nextcloud works. But then nextcloud tries to redirect me to my files page and I get a 302 redirect to /apps/files/ page that doesn't end. It doesn't matter if I take the stock config.php file an try to access directly or through the proxy with modified config.php. The result is the error "Too many redirects". On some issue discussion on github someone said there might be a permission issue with the files but I checked the config folder and the share folder and it's all set to "nobody:users".

I also found an issue on github which describes exactly my issue (https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/11203). My nginx logs inside the nextcloud container are also filled with this output.

GET /apps/files/ HTTP/1.1" 302

Has anyone an idea if this is related to the linuxserver image or to the nextcloud software?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, giusemr said:

... error "Too many redirects". ... permission ... set to "nobody:users".

My nginx logs inside the nextcloud container are also filled with this output.

GET /apps/files/ HTTP/1.1" 302

No one with a similar problem or who can point me in the right direction? I desperately try to solve this problem.

I'm running 16.0.1 (I think I started with 14.0), and recently found that I have data files on my cache drive at /mnt/cache/Nextcloud. I didn't expect this because my Nextcloud share is set to not use the cache drive, and the files are taking up a lot of my cache drive.

I'd like to get the files off my cache drive. Can I use, say MC, to move the files to a data drive which already has a Nextcloud share folder on it? e.g., /mnt/disk1/Nextcloud without messing up my Nextcloud docker? Is there another or better way of fixing this?

Also, how do I prevent files from being written to /mnt/cache/Nextcloud in future?

54 minutes ago, sonofdbn said:

I'm running 16.0.1 (I think I started with 14.0), and recently found that I have data files on my cache drive at /mnt/cache/Nextcloud. I didn't expect this because my Nextcloud share is set to not use the cache drive, and the files are taking up a lot of my cache drive.

I'd like to get the files off my cache drive. Can I use, say MC, to move the files to a data drive which already has a Nextcloud share folder on it? e.g., /mnt/disk1/Nextcloud without messing up my Nextcloud docker? Is there another or better way of fixing this?

Also, how do I prevent files from being written to /mnt/cache/Nextcloud in future?

If files are written to /mnt/cache/Nextcloud, you either configured it to go there or you haven't set the Nextcloud share to not use the cache disk.

Fix that before moving any files.

36 minutes ago, saarg said:

If files are written to /mnt/cache/Nextcloud, you either configured it to go there or you haven't set the Nextcloud share to not use the cache disk.

Fix that before moving any files.

Is this a Nextcloud configuration issue or a docker setting issue? My Nextcloud share has "Use cache disk" set to No. In the docker settings I have container path /data set to /mnt/user/Nextcloud.

I thought perhaps it might have something to do with something raised on the first page of this topic (see below), but I don't know how to fix this.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:01 AM, Dimtar said:

It looks like this suffers from the same issue that the OwnCloud beta did. That is, it stores files in the /config folder not the /data mapping.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:13 AM, sparklyballs said:

there is no "issue" and there never was any "issue" with the lsio owncloud beta either, change the location during setup.

http://imgur.com/8Pus7FT

When I set up the data folder I probably used /data instead of a Nextcloud specific folder (which I think is suggested in the linked image above). If this is the problem, is there any way of reconfiguring this to keep files off the cache?

Now that I think of it, I'm sure I used @SpaceInvaderOne's video to set up Nextcloud, and on looking at it again, I see that originally the Nextcloud share is set to use the cache disk. So it's likely that I did that initially and then set it to not use the cache disk later. So if the share is now set to not use the cache disk, does this mean that no new files will be written to the cache? Will updates to files already on the cache be kept on the cache?

1 hour ago, sonofdbn said:

Is this a Nextcloud configuration issue or a docker setting issue? My Nextcloud share has "Use cache disk" set to No. In the docker settings I have container path /data set to /mnt/user/Nextcloud.

I thought perhaps it might have something to do with something raised on the first page of this topic (see below), but I don't know how to fix this.

When I set up the data folder I probably used /data instead of a Nextcloud specific folder (which I think is suggested in the linked image above). If this is the problem, is there any way of reconfiguring this to keep files off the cache?

Now that I think of it, I'm sure I used @SpaceInvaderOne's video to set up Nextcloud, and on looking at it again, I see that originally the Nextcloud share is set to use the cache disk. So it's likely that I did that initially and then set it to not use the cache disk later. So if the share is now set to not use the cache disk, does this mean that no new files will be written to the cache? Will updates to files already on the cache be kept on the cache?

The "issue" you linked has nothing to do with your issue. You probably set up the share to use the cache disk, then changed the share to not use cache disk and the files got stuck on the cache disk. Did you try running the mover to see if it moves the files to the /mnt/user/Nextcloud share?

If that doesn't work, stop the container, set the share to use the cache disk, run the mover. After it's finished, all the files should have been moved to the /mnt/user/Nextcloud share. Then disable the cache disk on the share again and start Nextcloud.

You still see the files on the cache disk in Nextcloud?

23 hours ago, saarg said:

The "issue" you linked has nothing to do with your issue. You probably set up the share to use the cache disk, then changed the share to not use cache disk and the files got stuck on the cache disk. Did you try running the mover to see if it moves the files to the /mnt/user/Nextcloud share?

If that doesn't work, stop the container, set the share to use the cache disk, run the mover. After it's finished, all the files should have been moved to the /mnt/user/Nextcloud share. Then disable the cache disk on the share again and start Nextcloud.

You still see the files on the cache disk in Nextcloud?

Thanks - everything fixed now. As suggested, I stopped the container, set the Nextcloud share to use cache disk and ran the mover. After the mover was done, there were no more Nextcloud files on the cache disk. I remembered to set the share to not use the cache disk before restarting the container 😉

3 hours ago, sonofdbn said:

Thanks - everything fixed now. As suggested, I stopped the container, set the Nextcloud share to use cache disk and ran the mover. After the mover was done, there were no more Nextcloud files on the cache disk. I remembered to set the share to not use the cache disk before restarting the container 😉

Good to hear you fixed it!