[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi!  I'd like to request some help on updating the Nextcloud Docker.  I see this in my nextcloud page.

735851999_ScreenShot2019-07-01at07_38_27.thumb.png.09dfe52d76e64293991ed3edb0518eda.png

I see in list of invalid files, there are .ds**** files.  I know this can be deleted.  But under what folder are they found?  Deleted files under appdata/nextcloud already.

Exact invalid files are the following:

Technical information ===================== The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix them.

Results

=======

- core

- EXTRA_FILE

- ._.DS_Store

Raw output

==========

Array

(

[core] => Array ( [EXTRA_FILE] => Array

(

[._.DS_Store] => Array

(

[expected] =>

[current] => ffd60bec5b948fdc8ab8e7829fe0d2e6b5e4df15d1c2e834bd32480785c887f4f8f0c232cd6725c8d4da499ea5e6cde863bd0b0249410af81abea33e43406ad2 ) ) ) )

Edited by jang430
additional information

My nextcloud is down today with the following message:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.3.6.

I assume PHP is part of the docker so I can't change it myself... Is this a known issue?

Hello.  I've bypassed my problem with - ._.DS_Store file, deleted it, and the error disappeared.  Now, I have a new warning.

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

The "Referrer-Policy" HTTP header is not set to "no-referrer", "no-referrer-when-downgrade", "strict-origin" or "strict-origin-when-cross-origin". This can leak referer information. See the W3C Recommendation ↗.

I don't know what folder and file to modify this?

2 hours ago, rtho782 said:

My nextcloud is down today with the following message:

I assume PHP is part of the docker so I can't change it myself... Is this a known issue?

You most likely haven't updated your nextcloud to version 16.

The nextcloud container was just rebased to the new alpine 3.10 which use a newer php7 version.

try using the tag before the last version and then upgrade your nextcloud, then update the container.

I just updated to nextcloud 16 and updated the container and do not have that error.

5 hours ago, antindragonslayer said:

Just to be clear. I have to downgrade the container to 16.0.1-ls22, then update nextcloud within the container. And after that, update the container to the latest version?

Yes.

Not sure if you can jump multiple versions when updating through command line. I did 13 to 14. Confirmed it working, then 14 to 15, back when I had multiple versions to go.

You can find all versions on the nextcloud download page.

5 hours ago, rtho782 said:

Ah, I assumed the docker kept nextcloud up to date.

What tag do I have to use to downgrade the docker?

Edit: Done with the tag 16.0.1-ls22

It seems NC14 breaks my reverse proxy however. *sigh*

About time to update to 16 😉

Yes.
Not sure if you can jump multiple versions when updating through command line. I did 13 to 14. Confirmed it working, then 14 to 15, back when I had multiple versions to go.
You can find all versions on the nextcloud download page.
Is there a guide on how to upgrade from the default version that came with linuxserver container?
I believe it is version 13. I tried the webui upgrade and broke my nextcloud. I tried the cli way from the first page and broke my nextcloud.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

Is there a guide on how to upgrade from the default version that came with linuxserver container?
I believe it is version 13. I tried the webui upgrade and broke my nextcloud. I tried the cli way from the first page and broke my nextcloud.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The default version is always the latest version, but since you installed it a long time ago, you have version 13.

Follow the guide linked in the first post of this thread. And instead of downloading latest 16, download the latest of version 14. Then upgrade and check it's working. Then download latest version 15, and upgrade. Do that until you are on version 16.

Download the bz2 files from here https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/

12 minutes ago, Trillingsgaard said:

Helle i have The same problem with

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2. You are currently running 7.3.6.

and i don’t now how to downgrade The docker image do you have a guide

Go to settings for your Nextcloud docker. Change repository from "linuxserver/nextcloud" to "linuxserver/nextcloud:16.0.1-ls22"
That downgrades your docker.

Next step would be to update Nextcloud from the nextcloud admin GUI. Do it step by step. Worked great for me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, antindragonslayer said:

Go to settings for your Nextcloud docker. Change repository from "linuxserver/nextcloud" to "linuxserver/nextcloud:16.0.1-ls22"
That downgrades your docker.

Next step would be to update Nextcloud from the nextcloud admin GUI. Do it step by step. Worked great for me!

Wait a minute. What is the default Linuxserver Nextcloud version now?

I believe it is still version 13.0.1.

The last time (last week) I checked on the Nextcloud web UI, it says version 13.

Are we supposed to downgrade or upgrade?

3 hours ago, saarg said:

The default version is always the latest version, but since you installed it a long time ago, you have version 13.

Follow the guide linked in the first post of this thread. And instead of downloading latest 16, download the latest of version 14. Then upgrade and check it's working. Then download latest version 15, and upgrade. Do that until you are on version 16.

Download the bz2 files from here https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/

it would not let me go to maintenance mode. I get this error:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.<br/>You are currently running 7.3.6.

I too ran into the recent issue where the Docker update outpaced the Nextcloud installation. However, I'm having a very difficult time upgrading from version 13 to version 14. I keep running into this error:

Remove potentially over exposing share links

Done
    0/0 [>---------------------------]   0%
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to a member function getUsers() on null in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair/RemoveLinkShares.php:218
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair/RemoveLinkShares.php(230): OC\Repair\RemoveLinkShares->repair(Object(OC\Repair))
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php(91): OC\Repair\RemoveLinkShares->run(Object(OC\Repair))
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(265): OC\Repair->run()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(121): OC\Updater->doUpgrade('14.0.12.0', '13.0.0.14')
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(258): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(251): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(946): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(248): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\Core\Command\Upgrade), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(213): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(96): OC\Console\Application->run()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')

Can anyone please help?

right after upgrading from 13.0.1 to 14, I got this error on the web UI

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

1 hour ago, pingmanping said:

Wait a minute. What is the default Linuxserver Nextcloud version now?

I believe it is still version 13.0.1.

The last time (last week) I checked on the Nextcloud web UI, it says version 13.

Are we supposed to downgrade or upgrade?

1. If you install a fresh nextcloud container you will get the latest version. It's installed at first boot.

2. Existing containers will not get an update to nextcloud when the container is updated. That needs to be done either through the webui or command line.

3. You need to use the image tag you quoted to be able to update nextcloud.

1 hour ago, PhantamaroK said:

I too ran into the recent issue where the Docker update outpaced the Nextcloud installation. However, I'm having a very difficult time upgrading from version 13 to version 14. I keep running into this error:

Done
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to a member function getUsers() on null in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair/RemoveLinkShares.php:218
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair/RemoveLinkShares.php(230): OC\Repair\RemoveLinkShares->repair(Object(OC\Repair))
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php(91): OC\Repair\RemoveLinkShares->run(Object(OC\Repair))
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(265): OC\Repair->run()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(121): OC\Updater->doUpgrade('14.0.12.0', '13.0.0.14')
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(258): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(251): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(946): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(248): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\Core\Command\Upgrade), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(213): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(96): OC\Console\Application->run()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')

Can anyone please help?

No idea. Did you follow the instructions linked in the first post or update through the webui?

8 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

right after upgrading from 13.0.1 to 14, I got this error on the web UI

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Did you follow the instructions?

Just now, saarg said:

Did you follow the instructions?

Yes, line by line.

The last few lines of the output of the "sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade" is :

Done
Starting code integrity check...
Finished code integrity check
Update successful
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

I am able to login to the nextcloud page, but right after I entered my credentials, I got the Internal Server error

2 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

Yes, line by line.

The last few lines of the output of the "sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade" is :

Done
Starting code integrity check...
Finished code integrity check
Update successful
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

I am able to login to the nextcloud page, but right after I entered my credentials, I got the Internal Server error

You have not followed the instructions. The last step is to disable maintenance mode, which you haven't done is my guess.

Just now, saarg said:

You have not followed the instructions. The last step is to disable maintenance mode, which you haven't done is my guess.

Yes, I did turn off the maintenance mode. I just quoted the last few lines of the upgrade portion. The loading ascii bar shows 0/0. I am not sure if it supposed to be like that. The only thing I didn't follow was the second part which is to delete tar and backup copies.

Just to be sure, is this the correct version 14 https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest-14.tar.bz2

33 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

Yes, I did turn off the maintenance mode. I just quoted the last few lines of the upgrade portion. The loading ascii bar shows 0/0. I am not sure if it supposed to be like that. The only thing I didn't follow was the second part which is to delete tar and backup copies.

Just to be sure, is this the correct version 14 https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest-14.tar.bz2

Then I have no ideas what is wrong.