[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

14 hours ago, jang430 said:

Hello.  I've bypassed my problem with - ._.DS_Store file, deleted it, and the error disappeared.  Now, I have a new warning.

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

The "Referrer-Policy" HTTP header is not set to "no-referrer", "no-referrer-when-downgrade", "strict-origin" or "strict-origin-when-cross-origin". This can leak referer information. See the W3C Recommendation ↗.

I don't know what folder and file to modify this?

Hello.  Can anyone help regarding this?

2 hours ago, saarg said:

Looks correct.

I had to revert from backup then update the container settings with the tag linuxserver/nextcloud:16.0.1-ls22

My Unraid is still on version 6.5.3, the nextcloud upgrade issue is not related to my Unraid version, correct?

What would be best way for me to get to the latest version of Nextcloud?

While on the tag 16.0.1-ls22, I could not login anymore. It just spins then nothing happened.

Hello.  Can anyone help regarding this?
If you look on the forum you will my question with the exact same problem.

Here you go.

Add this to your config file. I believe in the nextcloud config

add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer always;

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 3/31/2019 at 7:45 PM, R2JJS said:

Hi All,

I have a new install of Nextcloud up and running. Thanks to loads of info on here I have been "cleaning up" a bit.  I have one security Issue I'm having trouble with. 

My understanding is that I need to add the lines:

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";

add_header Front-End-Https on;

Into my  letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-config/Nextcloud.subdomain.config?   When I do I get a 502 bad gateway error.

Anyone have advise on how to resolve? 

NCerror.jpg

I recently upgraded my installation to 16.0.1 and I am getting the same warning:

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗.

Maybe it's a change in the nginx conf files between the last version (15) and the current (16) version by the LinuxServer.io author 

4 hours ago, gacpac said:

If you look on the forum you will my question with the exact same problem.

Here you go.

Add this to your config file. I believe in the nextcloud config

add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer always;

Hello @gacpac

Can you point out which specific file, location where I should add that line?

I tried to delete the nextcloud folder in the appdata and reinstall nextcloud, but I keep getting this update request.

I tried to use the appdata from last week and still the same. Even the tag linuxserver/nextcloud:16.0.1-ls22 does work anymore.

nextcloud.png

EDIT:

Here is the output if I tried to upgrade:

root@eb3e790334f8:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <federatedfilesharing> ...
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableNotFoundException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT `class` FROM `oc_admin_settings` WHERE `class` = ? LIMIT 1' with params ["OCA\\FederatedFileSharing\\Settings\\Admin"]:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_admin_settings' doesn't exist
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

Edited by pingmanping
add info
13 hours ago, antindragonslayer said:

Go to settings for your Nextcloud docker. Change repository from "linuxserver/nextcloud" to "linuxserver/nextcloud:16.0.1-ls22"
That downgrades your docker.

Next step would be to update Nextcloud from the nextcloud admin GUI. Do it step by step. Worked great for me!

I tried that but it fails so any anything else

17 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

I tried to delete the nextcloud folder in the appdata and reinstall nextcloud, but I keep getting this update request.

I tried to use the appdata from last week and still the same. Even the tag linuxserver/nextcloud:16.0.1-ls22 does work anymore.

nextcloud.png

EDIT:

Here is the output if I tried to upgrade:

root@eb3e790334f8:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <federatedfilesharing> ...
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableNotFoundException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT `class` FROM `oc_admin_settings` WHERE `class` = ? LIMIT 1' with params ["OCA\\FederatedFileSharing\\Settings\\Admin"]:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_admin_settings' doesn't exist
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

Deleting your appdata wasn't a smart move. Unless you have a backup, there is no return now.

I would just start fresh.

Did you try updating through command line?
Yes, I tried updating through cli then UI with the same error.

About the backup, I extracted the nextcloud folder from the CA backup last week and chown nobody:users the backup nextcloud folder.

The config.php says version 13.0.1.1 and the ./occ says version 13.0.1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hello [mention=83915]gacpac[/mention], 

Can you point out which specific file, location where I should add that line?
I think it should be here. Appdata/NextCloud/nginx/site-confs/default

That's it. If it doesn't work. Search in this forum where else could you put it, because I don't remember.

But this is a really known question, I found the answer like in 10 minutes on the nextcloud forums and then here.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pingmanping said:

Yes, I tried updating through cli then UI with the same error.

About the backup, I extracted the nextcloud folder from the CA backup last week and chown nobody:users the backup nextcloud folder.

The config.php says version 13.0.1.1 and the ./occ says version 13.0.1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

That question was not for you.

21 hours ago, saarg said:

No idea. Did you follow the instructions linked in the first post or update through the webui?

Initially, I tried through the webui. Afterward, it shows the attached message. The update does not work and the server goes into maintenance mode.

Then I tried updating via the occ, and it showed the error in my initial post.

installation.png

Hello!

Mi docker recently updated to the most recent version and now it seems to be broken. I lost connection in all my nextcloud clients and when I try to open the web interface I get the following message:

"This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.3.6."

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Simple question, to which I cannot find an answer.

Do I need to upload my files from UNRAID shares to nextcloud, or can I MAP nextcloud folder to ACCESS my shares file?

For example, on UNRAID I have a share called "myshare" that I have used for a while, which contains all my documents, 150GB of them, and that I want to sync across my UNRAID server, desktop and laptop.

Resilio sync is easy....create a folder in Resilio Sync GUI, MAP the folder to your local folder (to UNRAID share "myshare"), and do the same on your other device.

Does Next cloud allow the same?

OR, do I have to UPLOAD 150GB of my data from "myshare" into nexcloud folder, so that that data will be synced across all device?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, emod said:

Simple question, to which I cannot find an answer.

Do I need to upload my files from UNRAID shares to nextcloud, or can I MAP nextcloud folder to ACCESS my shares file?

For example, on UNRAID I have a share called "myshare" that I have used for a while, which contains all my documents, 150GB of them, and that I want to sync across my UNRAID server, desktop and laptop.

Resilio sync is easy....create a folder in Resilio Sync GUI, MAP the folder to your local folder (to UNRAID share "myshare"), and do the same on your other device.

Does Next cloud allow the same?

OR, do I have to UPLOAD 150GB of my data from "myshare" into nexcloud folder, so that that data will be synced across all device?

Thanks.

As said before. Use the "External storage support" app/plugin. Add your share as local storage in settings.

Edited by Niklas

Issue: The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.  

I have tried all the suggestions on page 86 

Nothing has worked.  I've used the letsencrypt IP address and port number (both ports 1443 and another line for 180).  I still get the error.  What am I missing?  

Edited by Mlatx

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion but I just discovered I have an issue after updating all my dockers this evening.

I can no longer access Nextcloud via letsencrypt; I have started getting the error "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.3.6."  Both the nextcloud and letsencrypt dockers are from linuxserver.io and I updated both this evening.

I got into the letsencrypt console and did a php -v and it is indeed running 7.3.6:

PHP 7.3.6 (cli) (built: Jun 14 2019 11:43:56) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.6, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.3.6, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

So, my questions...

1. Is there a change log/release notes or other such page somewhere on the net for each of these dockers so I can read to validate that the version of php changed (I believe it has)?

2. Is there a way to "downgrade" to a previous version of a docker and, if so, how?  A pointer to some educational material on the subject would be appreciated.

3. I find it odd that two dockers from the same publisher are apparently at odds with each other.  Does this happen often?

4. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Mike

41 minutes ago, kcgodwins said:

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion but I just discovered I have an issue after updating all my dockers this evening.

I can no longer access Nextcloud via letsencrypt; I have started getting the error "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.3.6."  Both the nextcloud and letsencrypt dockers are from linuxserver.io and I updated both this evening.

I got into the letsencrypt console and did a php -v and it is indeed running 7.3.6:

PHP 7.3.6 (cli) (built: Jun 14 2019 11:43:56) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.6, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.3.6, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

So, my questions...

1. Is there a change log/release notes or other such page somewhere on the net for each of these dockers so I can read to validate that the version of php changed (I believe it has)?

2. Is there a way to "downgrade" to a previous version of a docker and, if so, how?  A pointer to some educational material on the subject would be appreciated.

3. I find it odd that two dockers from the same publisher are apparently at odds with each other.  Does this happen often?

4. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Mike

I just resolved this issue today and spent a few hours. I'm going to try and help you not spend that much time.  You'll need to upgrade Nextcloud itself (not done via the docker update in unraid).  There is a link on the first page that takes you to the instruction on how to do this.  After trial and error, this is what worked for me.  I used this modified set of instructions to upgrade to version 14.  Hopefully that works for you.  All other version I tried (12, 13, 15, and 16 failed).  Here was the initial process.

##Open terminal from unraid gui header (top right corner)

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##Turn on maintenance mode

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

##Backup current nextcloud install

mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Grab newest nextcloud release and unpack it (I had to do version 14 as I couldn’t go further without errors.  You can update from nextcloud gui to other versions once this is completed)

wget https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest-14.tar.bz2

tar -xvf latest-14.tar.bz2 -C /config/www

##Copy across old config.php from backup

cp /config/www/nextcloud-backup/config/config.php /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

##Now Restart docker container

exit

docker restart nextcloud

##Open terminal (should already be open just wait for the docker to restart)

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##Perform upgrade

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

##Turn off maintenance mode

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

after you confirm all is working, do this

##remove  backup folder

rm -rf /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Remove Nextcloud tar file

rm latest-14.tar.bz2

I had an issue with the first installation completing saying the password was invalid.  I found this https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/12750.  So I followed the link on that page to the php file (well it's not a file but code) and copied all of the text into TextMate on my Mac (Notepad ++ on Windows).  I saved the file in the name listed.  I copied it to a director on one of my shares.  Then you'll need to go into Krusader to copy this file into the directory listed on that website if you can't do it from your computer.  I couldn't from my mac as the directory was inaccessible.  It's a pain in the ass I know so hopefully you don't have this issue.  If you do, you'll need to go through this update process again replacing version 14 with 15.  I had to because the php file I created had some violation issue.  But it at least got me back into Nextcloud.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1