[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

2 hours ago, Mlatx said:

I just resolved this issue today and spent a few hours. I'm going to try and help you not spend that much time.  You'll need to upgrade Nextcloud itself (not done via the docker update in unraid).  There is a link on the first page that takes you to the instruction on how to do this.  After trial and error, this is what worked for me.  I used this modified set of instructions to upgrade to version 14.  Hopefully that works for you.  All other version I tried (12, 13, 15, and 16 failed).  Here was the initial process.

##Open terminal from unraid gui header (top right corner)

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##Turn on maintenance mode

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

##Backup current nextcloud install

mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Grab newest nextcloud release and unpack it (I had to do version 14 as I couldn’t go further without errors.  You can update from nextcloud gui to other versions once this is completed)

wget https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest-14.tar.bz2

tar -xvf latest-14.tar.bz2 -C /config/www

##Copy across old config.php from backup

cp /config/www/nextcloud-backup/config/config.php /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

##Now Restart docker container

exit

docker restart nextcloud

##Open terminal (should already be open just wait for the docker to restart)

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##Perform upgrade

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

##Turn off maintenance mode

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

after you confirm all is working, do this

##remove  backup folder

rm -rf /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Remove Nextcloud tar file

rm latest-14.tar.bz2

I had an issue with the first installation completing saying the password was invalid.  I found this https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/12750.  So I followed the link on that page to the php file (well it's not a file but code) and copied all of the text into TextMate on my Mac (Notepad ++ on Windows).  I saved the file in the name listed.  I copied it to a director on one of my shares.  Then you'll need to go into Krusader to copy this file into the directory listed on that website if you can't do it from your computer.  I couldn't from my mac as the directory was inaccessible.  It's a pain in the ass I know so hopefully you don't have this issue.  If you do, you'll need to go through this update process again replacing version 14 with 15.  I had to because the php file I created had some violation issue.  But it at least got me back into Nextcloud.  Good luck.

It was said here that the existing installation of nextcloud was most likely version 13.0.1, which is what I have, but the brand new installation is based off the latest version. I wonder if would it be easier to start from scratch just the nextcloud and connect it to existing mariadb than upgrading?

What about the existing user data? Would the new installation see them?

6 hours ago, pingmanping said:

It was said here that the existing installation of nextcloud was most likely version 13.0.1, which is what I have, but the brand new installation is based off the latest version. I wonder if would it be easier to start from scratch just the nextcloud and connect it to existing mariadb than upgrading?

What about the existing user data? Would the new installation see them?

The new installation sees everything as it was.  I wish I could have started from scratch but didn’t want to deal with a potentially bigger headace.  Version 13 sounds about right.  You can’t jump from 13 to the current 16.  It’s too many versions out (at least that was the error I got) so have to go to 14 first.  It’s really not that difficult to follow those steps.  It would have been a lot easier had I not had the password error.

10 hours ago, emod said:

I tried, and I cannot change the setting ...see screen shot.

ext. storage.jpg

You need to configure them first. Select "External storages" further down in the admin part of the menu.

1325665870_Capture_Support_Linuxserver.io_-_Nextcloud_-_Page_91_-_D_2019-07-03_16-53-00_68622505.thumb.png.dac6804fc233a24aebdabcb1c1727d74.png

Edited by Niklas
The new installation sees everything as it was.  I wish I could have started from scratch but didn’t want to deal with a potentially bigger headace.  Version 13 sounds about right.  You can’t jump from 13 to the current 16.  It’s too many versions out (at least that was the error I got) so have to go to 14 first.  It’s really not that difficult to follow those steps.  It would have been a lot easier had I not had the password error.
I followed the guide, but my issue was I having right after I install the lastest-14, I was getting Internal Server Error.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

I followed the guide, but my issue was I having right after I install the lastest-14, I was getting Internal Server Error.

Any errors I had with the install occurred within the terminal window.  Usually a google search copying the error found a solution.  If you are having trouble starting the nextcloud container or getting the error upon restart, make sure you have the https port set to 444 otherwise it won't start with 443 (unraid uses that).  That's about as much as I can help on this one.  

Any errors I had with the install occurred within the terminal window.  Usually a google search copying the error found a solution.  If you are having trouble starting the nextcloud container or getting the error upon restart, make sure you have the https port set to 444 otherwise it won't start with 443 (unraid uses that).  That's about as much as I can help on this one.  
I have the nextcloud set to port 444. The CLI upgrade gave no error. The Internal server error that I get is when I login to nextcloud. It let me enter my credentials, but the next page was the internal server error.
Did some googling, but it seemed like something to do with permission. I chown -R nobody:users the nextcloud folder, but didn't helped.

29 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

I have the nextcloud set to port 444. The CLI upgrade gave no error. The Internal server error that I get is when I login to nextcloud. It let me enter my credentials, but the next page was the internal server error.
Did some googling, but it seemed like something to do with permission. I chown -R nobody:users the nextcloud folder, but didn't helped.

The only other thing worth trying would be to delete the container and reinstall it.  All your app settings will be there. Unless someone else can chime in on another solution.

The only other thing worth trying would be to delete the container and reinstall it.  All your app settings will be there. Unless someone else can chime in on another solution.
I tried that as well, but I when I checked the version in the UI, it showed the version is still 13.0.1. This was from the fresh install with the old apppdata. I'm confused about the fresh install. I thought that the fresh install on nextcloud supposed to be version 16, but mine shows 13.0.1.
Should I delete the appdata as well and literally do start from the beginning?

2 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

I tried that as well, but I when I checked the version in the UI, it showed the version is still 13.0.1. This was from the fresh install with the old apppdata. I'm confused about the fresh install. I thought that the fresh install on nextcloud supposed to be version 16, but mine shows 13.0.1.
Should I delete the appdata as well and literally do start from the beginning?

A fresh install is version 16, but you are using the old appdata folder and this is where nextcloud is installed. That is why you still have version 13.

If you get version 13 working, then try to update to the latest 13 before updating to 14.

A fresh install is version 16, but you are using the old appdata folder and this is where nextcloud is installed. That is why you still have version 13.

If you get version 13 working, then try to update to the latest 13 before updating to 14.
I am currently at my rollback settings.
Let me see if I understand your instruction.
I need to upgrade to the latest-13 then to latest-14 and so on, am I right?

13 minutes ago, pingmanping said:

I am currently at my rollback settings.
Let me see if I understand your instruction.
I need to upgrade to the latest-13 then to latest-14 and so on, am I right?

Yes, correct.

I also was running into the PHP issue described above and reverted the nextcloud docker back to 16.0.1-ls22 and boom, nextcloud is up and running again. Mac Desktop Client is reconnected and in sync.

As the current version of nextcloud is 16 i think I should upgrade my system ;)

Currently I am running version 14.0.3

From what I understand I should be able to upgrade to 15.0.8 from within the Web GUI (at least that is the zip file that is in the stable channel).

But if I start the updater it stops in the first step because of unexpected files .DS_Store and ._.DS_Store

I understand that such files are normaly produced by Mac-OS but I have no idea how to proceed form here.

Any hints?

edit

Does the file Check performed by the updater check the content of the appdata/nextcloude folder? Because I shared the appdata folder via smb while configuring some dockers and therefore have left some of these .DS_Store files also in the appdata/nextcloud folder. If I remove them via krusader, should help pass the test from the updater?

SOLVED:

Deleted the .DS_Store files in the appdata/nextcloud folder and ran the GUI Updater, currently nextcloud instance is running version 15.0.9.1 - Yipee

Edited by Kevek79
solved

I rolled back to the previous version of the docker container and I can get back into it again (it's now running php 7.2.19).  I'll play around with it to see if I can get Nextcloud proper to upgrade to a later version and then re-update the docker.

Thanks for the advice so far.  Hoping I won't need to perform the long drawn out procedure noted but I do appreciate that it is there if I need it.

Edited by kcgodwins

Is this error in Nextcloud about proxy something I should worry about? Using Letsencrypt docker for reverse proxy. In Nextcloud config/config.php the trusted proxy is listed as 'let's encrypt'

Everything functions fine, just noticed this warning and wondering if I should bother with trying to fix warning? Should config.php say 'letsencrypt' perhaps for trusted_proxies instead perhaps? Or should I just leave whole ordeal well enough alone; everything 100% works as is...6464f2db41c891c05f5a4925b2c98b3b.jpgb34f9e49c1126162df4f44a557282c93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is this error in Nextcloud about proxy something I should worry about? Using Letsencrypt docker for reverse proxy. In Nextcloud config/config.php the trusted proxy is listed as 'let's encrypt'

Everything functions fine, just noticed this warning and wondering if I should bother with trying to fix warning? Should config.php say 'letsencrypt' perhaps for trusted_proxies instead perhaps? Or should I just leave whole ordeal well enough alone; everything 100% works as is...6464f2db41c891c05f5a4925b2c98b3b.jpg&key=603a18c53ff3398e3c7fddea81e69510fe968152db02ab6ef3444bb08ca7a18fb34f9e49c1126162df4f44a557282c93.jpg&key=3fdd0306ef1d51325fb3c3bb8ac6ef5dbfd7723103f4a3ae0caba125d25b6775

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Search this topic for trusted array proxy and it will tell you what to add

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pingmanping said:

Did not work. I can only get my version up to 13.0.12

I have no more suggestions. Others have successfully updated, so it's something local to you.

Might be better to ask on the nextcloud forum.

You tried to update using all versions from 14.0.0 up to 14.0.13?

Edited by saarg