[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Open a console (either from main unraid dashboard or SSH session) and type:

docker exec -it nextcloud sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan

it will run the OCC command in the nextcloud docker with the abc username and scan for any missing files. Not sure why, but someone found funny to use a completely non-standard name as Nextcloud data owner...

Hoping it saves you countless hours of research.

Edited by denishay
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, denishay said:

Thanks for your reply.

tried via console on nextcloud docker, and also via webterminal and both gives me docker: command not found

What am i doing wrong now?

4 hours ago, denishay said:

Open a console (either from main unraid dashboard or SSH session) and type:

it will run the OCC command in the nextcloud docker with the abc username and scan for any missing files. Not sure why, but someone found funny to use a completely non-standard name as Nextcloud data owner...

Hoping it saves you countless hours of research.

4 hours ago, SDEN said:

Thanks for your reply.

tried via console on nextcloud docker, and also via webterminal and both gives me docker: command not found

What am i doing wrong now?

1 hour ago, saarg said:

It's php7.

Thanks both denishay & saarg both helped alot to get to right solution

Ended up with:

shell

docker exec -it nextcloud bash

cd /config/www/nextcloud/

sudo -u abc php7 occ files:scan --all

Its running the filescan now.

Thanks both of you! i owe you many hours in saved time on this :)

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have next cloud running using the default config from the linux server container.

I am trying to use HTTP instead of HTTPS to access. Access nextcloud work perfectly via https.

when I run the container with 

-p 8080:80

I get redirects to eVvVIvm.png

RhjEg3H.png

what am I missing ?

here is my config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'apps_paths' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps',
      'url' => '/custom_apps',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '10.137.148.4:8080',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '16.0.3.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://10.137.148.4',
  'dbname' => 'Nextcloud-db',
  'dbhost' => 'mariadb',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'installed' => true,
);

My plan is to have a traefik reverse proxy with letsencrypt in front of the container. The container uses a self signed cert. I am thinking this will cause a configuration issue with traefik (I could be wrong). otherwise no reason to use http,

Edited by Haris2887
additional information

Thanks for creating this!

Finally tried to tackle the install of this, following along SpaceInvader's install video, and after some initial troubles, got it to work.

What I do notice is that even though I configured NextCloud's data to resolve to my main unRAID user share containing all of my production data (/mnt/user/unRAID/), I cannot see that data when I log into NextCloud. When I followed SpaceInvader's instructions, I left the "Data Folder" field at just /data as per his instructions, but was that really the correct thing to do?

I should add that I did *not* create a new share for nextcloud, as per his instructions, thinking that I'd want nextcloud to use my existing unRAID user share instead. Since I don't like to see all of NextCloud's files in the root of my unRAID user share, where and how would I be able to change this, after the fact, or would I have to re-install the Docker entirely to change this now? But since I would really like to let NextCloud see and use my entire unRAID user share, how would I accomplish that?

Could I have NextCloud *both* keep all of its own files in a user share called "nextcloud", *and* allow it to see my entire unRAID user share?

I hope that wasn't too confusing of a question. 😕

Hi guys,

I am following CHBMB's guide on performing the update. When i am performing the upgrade i am getting this error:

root@28bf2224e09f:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <dav> ...
InvalidArgumentException: Migration step 'OCA\DAV\Migration\Version1006Date20180628111625' is unknown
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level
root@28bf2224e09f:/#

Does anyone have any idea how i correct this please?

****************EDIT***********************

OK - i have managed to get around this error now and it has upgraded but i am not sure if i have broken it as when i try and log in i get:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

Remote Address: 172.17.0.1

Request ID: kr8onV5827RpHybQYzV3

Now the remote address in the error is 172.17.0.1 but my mapping is 172.17.0.7 - could this be the issue, and how would i fix this?

************EDIT 2*****************

Now resolved and working. Ignore the error and continue the incremental upgrades to latest version.

Edited by showstopper
On 7/5/2019 at 1:29 AM, Toobie said:

Worked - thanks.

Another questions, I get this highlighted:

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗.

How can I adjust this?

Regards

See this reddit thread 

Ok, since I didn't get any responses to my question above, I ended up deleting and re-installing the Nextcloud Docker into its own subfolder, and it all seems to work as intended so far, so that part of my question is now solved.

But even after following along to various instructions given in  online videos and forum threads, what I am still stuck on is properly configuring the "External storage" feature to point to my unRAID user share (or any of its sub-folders)...I have tried "Local", and "SMB/CIFS" unsuccessfully...after clicking the checkmark on the right, the icon to the left of the folder name field spins, initially, but always results in the red exclamation mark icon.

What am I doing wrong?

screenshot_179.png

32 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

.I have tried "Local"

you wanna just attach your Local unraid folder to nextcloud? then first, you need to map you unraid folder to docker path in your Nextcloud docker settings. Second, use "Local" storage and point it to mapped path inside docker container.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, uldise said:

you wanna just attach your Local unraid folder to nextcloud? then first, you need to map you unraid folder to docker path in your Nextcloud docker settings. Second, use "Local" storage and point it to mapped path inside docker container.  

Thanks for that instruction, uldise, but as easy as that may be for you, I still struggle very much with the correct syntax of how (and where exactly) paths like that are added and referenced...

So, as for "map you unraid folder to docker path in your Nextcloud docker settings.", I would need to use the "+Add another Path..." link at the bottom and add it there? I have been there before and tried my luck, but was confused about the difference between the "Container Path" and "Host Path" fields...my unRAID user share lives at /mnt/user/unRAID, so that goes into the "Host Path" field, I take it, since one can actually select  it with the shown directory structure that pops up? if that is correct, then what goes into the "Container Path"? The Nextcloud container path? (which would be /mnt/user/nextcloud/)

Once I filled that in correctly, I can move on to the second part of your instructions, which I am also somewhat confused about.

To add to my confusion, when I last tried these instructions, which I also found somewhere else, on reddit maybe, and I added those paths (probably incorrectly) and hit "Add", the Docker showed me some verbose feedback of restarting  itself with these new settings, and then disappeared entirely...gone, even from the Dashboard, leading me to having to re-install it from scratch.

Edited by tillkrueger
addition - syntax correction
2 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

Before I hit "Add" and lose my Docker again, would this be correct?

Host path is correct, but Container path not. set container path for example /data2

and then on second part of previous instruction, add Local storage and choose /data2 as Location. 

• Like 1

Ok, I used /Data in the Container path field, hit "Add", and verbose mode announced the successful addition.

Then, in the "External storage" settings, I entered "Data" into the "Folder name" field, set "External storage" to "Local", "Authentication" to "None", "Configuration" to "/Data", and "Available for" to allow only "admins" for now,  since I am the only user of this system, for now.

I also enabled "Allow users to mount external storage", the clicked the checkmark, and...got a green checkmark for the first time!! 😄

And lo and behold, inside of my Nextcloud "All files" section, I now see "Data" and all of my unRAID folders inside of it.

Brilliant, uldise, you just made my week!

So, from there I can add addition path mappings, for example, directly into "Projects", "Media", "Clients", etc., I take it?

ok, you really helped me gain a better understanding of what is what, and how to use it...thanks so much for that!

so, does a member's reputation value, of which you have +46 (and I only +4, lowly me), get calculated from likes or upvotes, or what?
I liked and upvoted your response that got me on the right path, but is that enough to gain you some reputation?
it's the only way I can think of, right now, to express my appreciation.

Hi all,

I'm receiving an 413 upload error when uploading, what appears to be, large files from an Apple iPhone X (ios v12.3) and the Windows desktop client (v2.5.2git - build 20190319).

The strange thing is that I've sucessfully uploaded very large files in both the web ui in Chrome (3.4GB), android app (200+ MB video file). 

The same video file i uploaded via the android app (200+ MB one), fails if i use the Wondows client. 

I have found some stuff on the net regarding the max body size, and found the following two entries in the nginx settings:

appdata\nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default     client_max_body_size 10G;

appdata\nextcloud\nginx\nginx.conf      client_max_body_size 0;

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Aaron

1 hour ago, CobaltAUS said:

Hi all,

I'm receiving an 413 upload error when uploading, what appears to be, large files from an Apple iPhone X (ios v12.3) and the Windows desktop client (v2.5.2git - build 20190319).

The strange thing is that I've sucessfully uploaded very large files in both the web ui in Chrome (3.4GB), android app (200+ MB video file). 

The same video file i uploaded via the android app (200+ MB one), fails if i use the Wondows client. 

I have found some stuff on the net regarding the max body size, and found the following two entries in the nginx settings:

appdata\nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default     client_max_body_size 10G;

appdata\nextcloud\nginx\nginx.conf      client_max_body_size 0;

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Aaron

Set it to 0 where it says 10G now.

Also check if there is the same line in proxy.conf in let's encrypt, if you use reverse proxy.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

Set it to 0 where it says 10G now.

Also check if there is the same line in proxy.conf in let's encrypt, if you use reverse proxy.

Thank you very much sir!!

I am indeed using a let's encrypt docker and that seems to be where the issue was. It appears it was set to 10m. 

59 minutes ago, bastl said:

@CobaltAUS Where exactly you changed it in the let's encrypt docker? I can't find any setting in /config/nginx/proxy.conf inside the docker releated to max_body_size

Mine was in appdata/letsencrypt/nginx/proxy.conf 

...and right towards the top. Here's the top few lines of code from my proxy.conf

## Version 2018/05/31 - Changelog: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-letsencrypt/commits/master/root/defaults/proxy.conf

client_max_body_size 0;

client_body_buffer_size 128k;