[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 12/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, blaine07 said:

Anyone have trips or tricks on backup Nextcloud and SQL DB or do you all just use the CA Baxkup/Restore plug-in solely?

For now that's the only backup I have but it's set weekly and it stops the containers to do it.

I will consider BTRFS snapshots in the future but I have to do some research about it, as for now I'm not familiar with that.

• Like 1

Hi all...

My Nextcloud docker keeps freezing and is completely unresponsive. When I try to access the WebGUI it is not accessible at all and when I try to shut it down it never stops.

I tried "docker kill nextcloud" which didn't help.

So far the only way I have managed to shut it down is to close all my VMs and other dockers... then stop the array (which even when stopped still shows Nextcloud as running)... then to power off the server - which always fails, possibly because the unresponsive Nextcloud docker is hanging it... so I have to force a shut down which means a parity check is invoked every time I reboot.

I am running UnRAID 6.5.0 as whenever I have upgraded past here I lose remote control of the machine and as its in a datacenter its 120 mile round trip to pop in and fix it!

Any thoughts on where to start looking would be appreciated before I build a Linux VM to host it ;-)

Thanks

Nextcloud1.jpg

Hi there,

I just upgraded my CPU and mobo from a AMD 1700 and X470 to an AMD 3900 and X570.
The install went as expected and the server booted up as expected.

For some reason my Nextcloud isn't working anymore, the docker runs but when i connect to the UI i get the following msge:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

In the logs of the Unraid server i see 2 errors.

Dec 14 09:50:06 Unraid nginx: 2019/12/14 09:50:06 [error] 7925#7925: *3037 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1" Dec 14 09:50:06 Unraid nginx: 2019/12/14 09:50:06 [error] 7925#7925: *3039 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "localhost" 

Anyone an idea?

Rgds,

Marty

On 12/14/2019 at 4:04 AM, Martyzzz said:

Hi there,

I just upgraded my CPU and mobo from a AMD 1700 and X470 to an AMD 3900 and X570.
The install went as expected and the server booted up as expected.

For some reason my Nextcloud isn't working anymore, the docker runs but when i connect to the UI i get the following msge:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

In the logs of the Unraid server i see 2 errors.

Dec 14 09:50:06 Unraid nginx: 2019/12/14 09:50:06 [error] 7925#7925: *3037 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1" Dec 14 09:50:06 Unraid nginx: 2019/12/14 09:50:06 [error] 7925#7925: *3039 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "localhost" 

Anyone an idea?

Rgds,

Marty

I'm getting the same error as above.  Any suggestions?

I keep getting internal server errors when trying to log in and according to the logs, they all share the same error

General error: 1114 The table 'oc_filecache' is full"

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this? I have tried running occ files:cleanup but it didn't find any orphaned files.

1 hour ago, toasty said:

I keep getting internal server errors when trying to log in and according to the logs, they all share the same error

General error: 1114 The table 'oc_filecache' is full"

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this? I have tried running occ files:cleanup but it didn't find any orphaned files.

Is your disk full?

I hope I'm right here if I want to ask something about Collabora in Nextcloud.
After setup it works fine but you can access the admin-config page via the subdomain by logging in. Is it possible to deactivate this and that it still works with Nextcloud ?

I had to create a subdomain, where Collabora can be reached via an nginx proxy. Is the whole thing only local so that it works with Nextcloud?

53 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

Has anyone here done the 17.02 upgrade yet?  And if so, did you come across this? https://help.nextcloud.com/t/warning-regarding-need-bigint-after-17-01-to-17-02-upgrade/66531

If you come across it, which you probably will since it was a new change, just run the commands in the documentation and the relevant bits in the database will be converted.

Remember to modify the command to work for the container. The correct user and php bit is in the command line upgrade instructions linked in the first post.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

It says at the bottom of the documentation linked in your link to put nextcloud in maintenance mode.

Just wanted to say THANKS. Had to go into maintenance mode then "cd /config/www/nextcloud/" first then ran "sudo -u abc php7 occ db:convert-filecache-bigint" then come out of maintenance mode and reboot. Thanks a ton @saarg! Took literal seconds to "convert" whatever it converted. Shrug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the Update i have the Problem with

"The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect or you are accessing Nextcloud through a trusted proxy. If this is not the case, then there is a security problem that allows an attacker to spy out the IP address visible to Nextcloud. More information can be found in the documentation."

But i have the

add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

in /config/nginx/site-confs/default

what is wrong?

im not sure how to run this command?

I did the update of the docker and after that, i updated nextcloud.

im in terminal and trying to execute the command:

sudo -u root php /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

But it gives me an error:

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: could not find driver in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64

Nextcloud is in maintenance mode.

I know that im doing something wrong :) can anyone tell me what it is ?

42 minutes ago, dfos81 said:

im not sure how to run this command?

I did the update of the docker and after that, i updated nextcloud.

im in terminal and trying to execute the command:

sudo -u root php /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

But it gives me an error:

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: could not find driver in /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:64

Nextcloud is in maintenance mode.

I know that im doing something wrong :) can anyone tell me what it is ?

Read the posts above to understand what to do.

You are running the command on the unraid command line and sudo using root, which is completely wrong.

8 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Just wanted to say THANKS. Had to go into maintenance mode then "cd /config/www/nextcloud/" first then ran "sudo -u abc php7 occ db:convert-filecache-bigint" then come out of maintenance mode and reboot. Thanks a ton @saarg! Took literal seconds to "convert" whatever it converted. Shrug

It's only on big setups it will take a long time. For most users here, it's going to be a short wait.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Hi there,

I was having the same problem, thanks for the tips.

A little guide step by step for noobs (like me):

Open a console (in docker)

Turn on maintenance mode: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

Go to: cd /config/www/nextcloud/

Run the command: sudo -u abc php7 occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

Turn off maintenance mode: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

Restart the container

Cheers

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Hi there,

I was having the same problem, thanks for the tips.

A little guide step by step for noobs (like me):

Open a console (in docker)

Turn on maintenance mode: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

Go to: cd /config/www/nextcloud/

Run the command: sudo -u abc php7 occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

Turn off maintenance mode: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

Restart the container

Cheers

Exactly what i needed :)

and it worked like a charm.

Thank you :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, learnin2walk said:

Sorry for the noob question, but will the container get updated with 17.0.2 eventually, or do we have to update from within Nextcloud and then run the commands above?

You always have to update either through the webui or command line on our Nextcloud container. It's one of the few containers we have that doesn't get updated by updating the container.

Hey all,

I recently tried to upgrade my server from a AMD 1700 to an 3900 so i switched the CPU and mobo.

Due to high powerusage i switched back to my 1700 CPU.

When Unraid was booted on the new hardware Nextcloud stopped working but now i'm back on the old hardware Nextcloud still isn't working.

The Docker does start but my devices cant connect and when i go the the webui i get the following error displayed in my browser.

When i go to the log in Unraid i get the following two errors:

Dec 22 10:31:19 Unraid nginx: 2019/12/22 10:31:19 [error] 9180#9180: *905614 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1" Dec 22 10:31:19 Unraid nginx: 2019/12/22 10:31:19 [error] 9180#9180: *905616 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?version HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "localhost"

Does anybody know what i need to do to get Nextcloud working again?

If i need to provide more information ill be glad to.

Regards,

Marty

@Martyzzz Just a random educated guess - if you're running a separate database, check that the ip address of the database didn't change, that happened to me once and with a new motherboard install with a new NIC, it may be likely.  @can0199 yes I have, but I have no idea if I will be much help as it was a while ago now, here's my config if that helps.  I have a vague recollection I had to change a config file somewhere.

Only Office Document Server

407512055_ScreenShot2019-12-23at07_47_53.thumb.png.2889be591c217d91d8f26ec2d6a4c447.png

Nextcloud

1510061124_ScreenShot2019-12-23at07_49_33.thumb.png.85aac38d3ac7bb5d28c9ba164e239c52.png

• Like 1