[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

8 hours ago, TechMed said:

Happy Christmas Eve!

Apparently, my attempt to lookup and understand and implement the ‘docker run’ command was ineffective; I wound up blowing up my configs. Fortunately, I am an avid backer-upper so I was able to restore the config(s) – shout out to Squid!

Would you mind sharing the correct syntax for the usage of the command?

docker run mariadb and docker run nextcloud most assuredly are not it 😊

Thanks! I will post results immediately afterwards.

Appreciate it.

It's the command you get on the pop-up when you change anything in the container template or update the container. It's not a command you have to run manually.

Check the docker faq. It's linked to in my signature. If you don't see the signature you need to turn on signatures in your profile settings.

2 hours ago, patm95 said:

How do you upgrade to 17?  I have updated my docker and it is still on v16.

Updating the docker is not updating nextcloud itself. Login with an admin account and go to the settings >>> overview ("Übersicht" in my case on the left side) and you should see your current version and a hint if a newer version is available. From there you can start the update/upgrade process

grafik.png.653ba663b04b18a532470740ed91b139.png

4 hours ago, bastl said:

Updating the docker is not updating nextcloud itself. Login with an admin account and go to the settings >>> overview ("Übersicht" in my case on the left side) and you should see your current version and a hint if a newer version is available. From there you can start the update/upgrade process

grafik.png.653ba663b04b18a532470740ed91b139.png

I had always thought we were supposed to update an application outside of the docker. Thank you!

I am having issues upgrading my Nextcloud to 17.0.2

The webui is reporting the following for some time now:

Step 4 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.

And when I try to go though the terminal I get stuck on the occ upgrade command with the following:

root@Tower:~# docker restart nextcloud
nextcloud
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
root@57b811f8c60c:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

Also, after a while on the GUI I get the following:

Update to 17.0.2

Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.

Detailed logs 

The update was unsuccessful. For more information check our forum post covering this issue.

Anything I can do to get out of this loop?

Now, I cannot access the Nextcloud at all, stuck at the GUI update page which does not allow to proceed. 

Thank you.

Edited by levster
1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

@levster What version were you on?  Because if you were on 15 and trying to upgrade to 17 that would explain the error.

I think that was may have triggered this was a parity sync started for some reason about a week ago. I needed to reboot the server, triggering that. I thought that Nextcloud finished updating.

Edited by levster

I tried running from the command line and was getting the message above:

root@Tower:~# docker restart nextcloud
nextcloud
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
root@57b811f8c60c:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

I ran a backup/restore and restored 2 week old backup. This allowed me to at least use my current installation to sync. So, for the time being, it works, but does not let me update.

I would love to have the ability to update but have seemed to get my install stuck at some point. Any idea how to get it "unstuck"?

Edited by levster

If I try to go though the GUI update I get stuck here:

Create backup

Parsing response failed. <html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.16.1</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

I've attached the updater file from the nextcloud folder, if it helps.

What is a way to issue occ command to repair the installation, if there is such a thing?

updater.log

Edited by levster
2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

If it were me, I'd first make sure stuff is backed up then try running the full upgrade from the CLI

What is the correct way to "remove" the nextcloud, leaving MariaDB and Letsencrypt intact, and not compromising the nextcloud data? I hope that reinstalling the docker afterwards may fix the problem.

4 minutes ago, tazire said:

I have had a similar issue to you levster. Although my particular instance gets stuck at Step 3. Havent actually tried updating using command line just yet. Also 17.0.1 to 17.0.2 update

Misery likes company. I am glad that I am not the only one. Please let me know if you find a way around this.

Lev

What is the correct way to "remove" the nextcloud, leaving MariaDB and Letsencrypt intact, and not compromising the nextcloud data? I hope that reinstalling the docker afterwards may fix the problem.
I haven't done this for a few years, but iirc I hosed everything except my user data and then used occ to scan everything back in after afterwards.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I haven't done this for a few years, but iirc I hosed everything except my user data and then used occ to scan everything back in after afterwards.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's what I am in a process doing now. I was hoping to avoid the re-installation headache; but, I guess sometimes you need to start with a clean slate.

Edited by levster
On 12/3/2019 at 3:15 AM, Haugi said:

Hi,

i also have the same problem. Can someone help here? There are several post about this problem but no answer to it. 

I appreciate the awesome work that you are doing here. so i hope someone can help or make a how to video ^^

Thx

So I came here to do the same thing but I do have it working but it is fairly slow loading the files

image.png.4579e2fb525026ad13b51712c2cd61c7.png

The Configuration is what you have setup in the docker configuration

image.thumb.png.18b100d0d8f4282cc69236b8ce1a269c.png

@wombat

I just didn't think about using SMB but this worked straight away for me, just slow.

• Thanks 1