[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

So I fixed PART of this problem.. still need a little help though. Thought I fixed it 100% as I DID got rid of the 413 error(turning off temporarily the Cloudflare Proxy)...

Basically, now, when I upload the 2.5gb file mentioned above the WHOLE file uploads in the iOS Nextcloud app, it sits on screen saying 2.54gb of 2.54 uploaded. Just sits, never says finished. If I look at my Unraid Server.. it fills the NORMALLY 50% docker.img to over 80%(and sends me a panicked email). Almost hangs Unraid server up; everything comes to a crawl. Wouldn’t mind the blip if file would finish but then it just starts uploading all over again without deleting its previous attempt. In essence never finishing though.

Been trying to read and figure it out, but afraid to meddle in too much. I suspect it’s a cache/tmp directory problem but I just don’t quite know enough to figure it out.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

Tried looking where this referenced but with NC on Unraid the file structure must just be different enough that I cant figure out where those specific files are I guess rendering it not a possible solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If a Diagnostics upload would be helpful please let me know. With having to restart Nextcloud when this happens not sure what log files would be useful, sorry for the ignorance on my part.

Edit: still also not sure if the Proxy Max Temp File Size thing I mention in post above is perhaps a relative culprit

e5d93b506e0aa5fd0790e084b9e7ab68.png&key=e777de9ad2c29109ff76e78e3217b2b6da707cdb1b07827064b318c927352641

Edit2: if useful. 

Run Command: root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nextcloud' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '444:443/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/nextcloud/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/nextcloud' 

https://github.com/nextcloud/ios/issues/396

Wonder if perhaps theirs some way to still do this with Nextcloud? Don’t see whatever directory he’s referring to for correct file to edit though??

9909d4be1ecc6049eb868071c94652a0.png
d30c2caf24cdbb8e2a6c4669c92d581b.png
41c436a47aac4a91bfad7a2b8adf2d81.plist

Hi,please help me today i update to nextcloud 18 but before that i install Push from app store inside the nextcloud i was trying to workaround my nextcloud Talk why is not working properly so after update to version 18 i get this error and my nextcloud not open at all.

PHP Fatal error: Interface 'OCP\Push\Helper\IPushHelper' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/push/lib/Helper/PushHelper.php on line 78

before everything was working perfect with Lstsencrypt and Maria DB and DuckDNS instalation.

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Log for nextcloud.html

EDIT: i fix it by delete the folder PUSH in the nextcloud folder just navigate to the path with the error and delete it.

I will not delete my post maybe someone run in the same problem and in Google i could not find any post with solution.

Edited by Vesko

So...my above fiasco(couple posts up). Still no resolution, sadly.

Does anyone know in exactly which files to edit to turn "proxy_request_buffering off"? It's literally the only thing I haven't tried.

I have changed "client_body_buffer_size" to 512 in Letsencrypts>nginx> proxy.conf. in Letsencrypt>nginx>nginx.conf I have client body size set to 0. In Letsencrypt>nginx>proxy-confs>nextcloud.subdomain.conf I have client max body size set to 0. In Nextcloud>nginx>nginx.conf I have max body size set to 0. In Nextcloud>nginx>site-confs>default I have max body size set to 0. I have changed "client_max_body_size" to 0 in all the different places it could be, that I can find, a factor. Google says in Nextcloud UI under basic settings at one point their was a max filesize option but im assuming at this point that in v17 that doesn't exist as it's nowhere to be found under basic settings.

Not sure what else to do other than try turning proxy buffering off. Not sure exactly which error logs I need to check for further information, either. I am at a total loss at this point 😞

In Nextcloud GUI under Settings>System I see a "external monitoring tool" link. In that link it opens I seen a few lines that jumped out at me

"<php>
<version>7.3.13</version>
<memory_limit>536870912</memory_limit>
<max_execution_time>3600</max_execution_time>
<upload_max_filesize>2097152</upload_max_filesize>"

But I haven't slightest idea where the upload_max_filesize figure is coming from?

Any help and guidance would be awesome 🙂

So...my above fiasco(couple posts up). Still no resolution, sadly.

Does anyone know in exactly which files to edit to turn "proxy_request_buffering off"? It's literally the only thing I haven't tried.

I have changed "client_body_buffer_size" to 512 in Letsencrypts>nginx> proxy.conf. in Letsencrypt>nginx>nginx.conf I have client body size set to 0. In Letsencrypt>nginx>proxy-confs>nextcloud.subdomain.conf I have client max body size set to 0. In Nextcloud>nginx>nginx.conf I have max body size set to 0. In Nextcloud>nginx>site-confs>default I have max body size set to 0. I have changed "client_max_body_size" to 0 in all the different places it could be, that I can find, a factor. Google says in Nextcloud UI under basic settings at one point their was a max filesize option but im assuming at this point that in v17 that doesn't exist as it's nowhere to be found under basic settings.

Not sure what else to do other than try turning proxy buffering off. Not sure exactly which error logs I need to check for further information, either. I am at a total loss at this point

In Nextcloud GUI under Settings>System I see a "external monitoring tool" link. In that link it opens I seen a few lines that jumped out at me

"
2097152"

But I haven't slightest idea where the upload_max_filesize figure is coming from?

Any help and guidance would be awesome

Okay, figured PHP junk out; no change.

Now I’m on to trying to figure out “fastcgi” stuff found here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

c1af9a8ecf5b11342d5be2b3fabdd077.png

bdfb7956209f350616241c50347d2fab.png

I just don’t understand where it’s telling me to make fastcgi changes.

Anyone had any experience with changing fastcgi stuff and have any advice? This deal literally driving me bonkers not being able to figure it out(uploading large files through iOS Nextcloud app).

I just don’t understand how no one else has hit this rock wall like I have.

Hello All 

I am a newbie to NextCloud and when I did the initial setup I created a share on my UNRAID server and then mapped this share in the docker container. 

What I would like to do tho is add the shares I already have on my UNRAID server into next cloud. 

Can this be done? Any info on how to do it? 

Thank you 

13 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Okay, figured PHP junk out; no change.

Now I’m on to trying to figure out “fastcgi” stuff found here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

c1af9a8ecf5b11342d5be2b3fabdd077.png

bdfb7956209f350616241c50347d2fab.png

I just don’t understand where it’s telling me to make fastcgi changes.

Anyone had any experience with changing fastcgi stuff and have any advice? This deal literally driving me bonkers not being able to figure it out(uploading large files through iOS Nextcloud app). emoji2361.pngemoji2361.pngemoji2361.pngemoji26.pngemoji26.pngemoji26.png

I just don’t understand how no one else has hit this rock wall like I have.

I have had the same problem since I installed Nextcloud over six months ago and have asked a few times and not got any answers so I don't think anyone knows! I did get one answer over on Nextclouds forum and they seemed to think it was a bug! A bad one in my opinion, makes it unusable for me and effects downloads or uploads to the server the same! I can't have a system that crashes all my docckers when someone downloads a file! So I leave it off until I find a solution! If you find one please post here and I'll do likewise!

Cheers,

Tim

• Like 1
I have had the same problem since I installed Nextcloud over six months ago and have asked a few times and not got any answers so I don't think anyone knows! I did get one answer over on Nextclouds forum and they seemed to think it was a bug! A bad one in my opinion, makes it unusable for me and effects downloads or uploads to the server the same! I can't have a system that crashes all my docckers when someone downloads a file! So I leave it off until I find a solution! If you find one please post here and I'll do likewise!
Cheers,
Tim

I saw some talk too about Nextcloud for iOS not uploading in “chunks” like browsers and Android etc. I suspect it perhaps has something to do with that at this point

I made an attempt at updating from the web ui and everything went fine until i got this error:

"Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)"

I click the "List of invalid files" and i get the error shown below and below that are the current and expected hashes.  I have searched everywhere and the link to the documentation, but I havent found any fixes.  What can I do?

Results ======= - user_external - INVALID_HASH - appinfo/info.xml - lib/smb.php

Hi all

I have been using NC for about a year.  I followed SpaceInvader's tutorial to get it up and running.  I decided to do a complete reinstall as all files are backed up, and I wanted to tweek some things that I am not experienced enough to figure out from within NC.  I removed MariaDB, and NC, and also removed the appdata folders for both.  Now, I am unable to get MariaDB to install correctly, (posted over in that forum but I guess I am stumping people).  My question is, is there another way to install NC without using MariaDB that I may be able to do from my limited knowledge?  Seems like most walkthroughs use MariaDB.  Thanks for the help in advance.

1 minute ago, ZosoPage1963 said:

Hi all

I have been using NC for about a year.  I followed SpaceInvader's tutorial to get it up and running.  I decided to do a complete reinstall as all files are backed up, and I wanted to tweek some things that I am not experienced enough to figure out from within NC.  I removed MariaDB, and NC, and also removed the appdata folders for both.  Now, I am unable to get MariaDB to install correctly, (posted over in that forum but I guess I am stumping people).  My question is, is there another way to install NC without using MariaDB that I may be able to do from my limited knowledge?  Seems like most walkthroughs use MariaDB.  Thanks for the help in advance.

when u install this docker its by default using local database, u can choose using maria or postgre on setup screen, i just switched from local to mariadb here ...

2 minutes ago, alturismo said:

when u install this docker its by default using local database, u can choose using maria or postgre on setup screen, i just switched from local to mariadb here ...

thanks for the quick reply.  If I use a local database, would there be service degradation issues?  any slowness?  I have about 3 users that are heavy users and then about 8 others that are occasional.

A little help with Nextcloud please. I was using external storage and now want to remove a few of them. When I go to the option under Administration I get an internal error

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details
Remote Address: 172.17.0.1
Request ID: kt8Zajml5ZZwltjG4ce1

Not that it's a problem, but after changing config.php file to work with my reverse proxy, I can no longer access Nextcloud via the local IP address:port. It redirects me to the reverse proxy address, which works fine, but I have no other app that does this and if I had situation where that was the only way I could access it or just needed to that way for some reason, I would prefer to be able to, like I can for other apps. Why does this happen?

9 hours ago, Iceman24 said:

Not that it's a problem, but after changing config.php file to work with my reverse proxy, I can no longer access Nextcloud via the local IP address:port. It redirects me to the reverse proxy address, which works fine, but I have no other app that does this and if I had situation where that was the only way I could access it or just needed to that way for some reason, I would prefer to be able to, like I can for other apps. Why does this happen?

You need to edit config.php and comment the redirect part in order to access it via IP address. 

After you're done troubleshooting you uncomment the redirect and that's it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

You need to edit config.php and comment the redirect part in order to access it via IP address. 

After you're done troubleshooting you uncomment the redirect and that's it.

Is this the redirect line and how it would look if I commented it?

/**'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.server.com', *\/

Anyone manage to get the onlyoffice app and server running on NC 18 yet? just upgraded to the latest server and app this evening and still no joy with it. This is following upgrading from NC17. I know these apps are all preinstalled on a fresh install. Do/should they work with a fresh install rather than just upgrading?

Sorry if this isnt the place to bring this up. been keeping an eye on the githubs trying to solve my issues but havent found fixes yet

1 hour ago, tazire said:

Anyone manage to get the onlyoffice app and server running on NC 18 yet? just upgraded to the latest server and app this evening and still no joy with it. This is following upgrading from NC17. I know these apps are all preinstalled on a fresh install. Do/should they work with a fresh install rather than just upgrading?

Sorry if this isnt the place to bring this up. been keeping an eye on the githubs trying to solve my issues but havent found fixes yet

I install yesterday Onlyoffice docker and connect to Nextcloud 18 thru Let'sencrypt reverse proxy.Everything works ok even the Onlyoffice open in the Android Nextcloud app.

Android app Onlyoffice works also.

Screenshot_20200124-193239_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-192703_Nextcloud.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-192756_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-195129_ONLYOFFICE Documents.jpg

Edited by Vesko
4 hours ago, Vesko said:

I install yesterday Onlyoffice docker and connect to Nextcloud 18 thru Let'sencrypt reverse proxy.Everything works ok even the Onlyoffice open in the Android Nextcloud app.

I'll have to try this i think. Was playing with the idea earlier but didnt have the time to try get it working. 

Which onlyoffice docker did you use out of curiosity? 

EDIT - Gave it a few mins and got it working with the docker as you stated. cheers m8

Edited by tazire
Edit

With my new install on this app on an i7 caliber machine, NVMe drive, is about 800Mbps down/250-300Mbps up on larger sized file a good speed? I was using web interface to test. For my usage, which would probably be mostly smaller files, super fast speeds is not a requirement, but I wanted to ensure I wasn't missing out on what I should be getting. I haven't tweaked any performance settings and this is on a reverse proxy.

16 hours ago, Vesko said:

Finding more problems with my install now... cant get it working with my nextcloud android app. works 100% with the webgui. but with the android app it starts to open the onlyoffice editor but hangs on the loading screen. running it though NPM... not sure if i need some custom command NPM to get it working.