[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

15 hours ago, tazire said:

when using nextcloud webui everything works exactly as it should. onlyoffice opens files as normal. Its only an issue with the android app. Regardless of network i get the same issue when trying to edit a file. it will open the onlyoffice connector and then sit on the loading screen and never actually loads. 

I get now the same problem just loading and can't open.Before was ok .Maybe some update of onlyoffice docker broke this.

Screenshot_20200127-094752_Nextcloud.jpg

3 hours ago, Vesko said:

I get now the same problem just loading and can't open.Before was ok .Maybe some update of onlyoffice docker broke this.

The app and community server app within nextcloud did get an update very recently. this is exactly the issue im having. i tried getting the community server app within nextcloud to work when it was updated but still no joy on that. 

EDIT-

Found this on github

https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-nextcloud/issues/228

Edited by tazire
59 minutes ago, tazire said:

The app and community server app within nextcloud did get an update very recently. this is exactly the issue im having. i tried getting the community server app within nextcloud to work when it was updated but still no joy on that. 

EDIT-

Found this on github

Yes I was sure was after the update broke something , maybe next update will fix.

18 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Have you tried making large uploads in the iOS Nextcloud app?

No, only from a browser. I don't have such large files on my phone.

I'll try later to sync a large file using the windows app, but I don't think it'll be a problem (or else more than 3 people would have noticed).

• Like 1

So after getting Nextcloud setup yesterday my logs are FULL of this:

Jan 27 02:00:34 unRAID root: /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_250GB_S3YJNX1K625528K: 227.9 GiB (244635656192 bytes) trimmed on /dev/sdh1
Jan 27 02:00:34 unRAID root: /mnt/cache: 1.7 TiB (1884491694080 bytes) trimmed on /dev/sdf1
Jan 27 03:03:01 unRAID kernel: mdcmd (122): spindown 2
Jan 27 03:03:05 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:05 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 6500 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:07 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:07 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29458 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:09 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:09 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29461 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:11 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:11 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29466 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:13 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:13 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29475 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:15 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:15 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29478 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:17 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:17 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29618 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:19 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:19 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29621 exited on signal 6

It continues from 3am all the way to 7:43am after the first drive spun down.

Is this to be expected?

On 1/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, DrPeaches said:

Hi,

new to unraid and nextcloud and I want to share a fix for a problem I had a couple of days ago.

I looked for a fix in the forums but only 2 people reported it and one of them moved to owncloud after giving up on it, I hope this will help other people who had the same issue.

After I setup nextcloud (followed SpaceinvaderOne's video) I had a problem each time I tried to upload a large file (11.2 GB).

After the upload, while processing, an error message showed up - "Error when assembling chunks, status code 504".

If I refresh the page the file is there and its ok (compared checksum to source). Tested it a couple of times and only one time the file didn't show up (can't really explain it). The message is pretty annoying so I had to look it up.

Found the following issue:

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/17992

To fix I had to open the nginx config - appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

Searched for 'fastcgi' and inside the brackets I added these lines:

fastcgi_connect_timeout 60;

fastcgi_send_timeout 1800;

fastcgi_read_timeout 1800;

That fixed those error messages and I hope it will help you.

For more info you can check the issue on nextcloud's github.

Have a good day :)

I quit troubleshooting this error a few weeks ago but now you got me interested again.

I already tried this but here is where I'm stuck now.

If I access my nexcloud instance locally by IP address it works fine.

If I access it vie letsencrypt reverse proxy I still get the 504 error on large files.

So now I will try to defeat letsencrypt config in this regard and I'll come back if I win.

Please let me know if you are using letsencrypt and it works for you.

Thank You.

• Thanks 1
On 1/27/2020 at 2:14 PM, tazire said:

EDIT-

Found this on github

Now is fixed just update Nextcloud Onlyoffice and will work.

2 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I still haven’t been able to get the Community Document Server app to work. The error in my log is that x2t cannot be found.  I’m fully updated.

Same issue here. i just went with the docker and its all working as expected. just left the app alone while its early days. 

1 hour ago, Vesko said:

For me everything is working how it should I think .No problems.What is not working for you?

like others reported, the buildin community server instead the sep onlyoffice container, sep its all working, buildin one not ...

what wonders me from the nextcloud logs, the ip which is picked ...

{"reqId":"Lj5H0Ioya5ToG1MTE61Y","level":3,"time":"2020-01-28T18:23:57+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.1.83","user":"alturismo","app":"documentserver_community","method":"GET","url":"/apps/documentserver_community/web-apps/apps/api/documents/api.js","message":{"Exception":"OCA\\DocumentServer\\Document\\DocumentConversionException","Message":"sh: ./x2t: not found\n","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/lib/Document/ConverterBinary.php","line":64,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\DocumentServer\\Document\\ConverterBinary"

192.168.1.83 - is the ip from my letsencrypt container ... so i guess there is a point which also doesnt fit besides the x2t issue

### Edit

nope, its prolly the x2t issue here, the ip is the same when i take the external onlyoffice docker (and is working)

Edited by alturismo
13 hours ago, andreidelait said:

I quit troubleshooting this error a few weeks ago but now you got me interested again.

I already tried this but here is where I'm stuck now.

If I access my nexcloud instance locally by IP address it works fine.

If I access it vie letsencrypt reverse proxy I still get the 504 error on large files.

So now I will try to defeat letsencrypt config in this regard and I'll come back if I win.

Please let me know if you are using letsencrypt and it works for you.

Thank You.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't think of testing that.

Yeah I use letsencrypt and also cloudflare for dns verification.

Unfortunately I'm getting the same error and on top of that a 524 error for timeout.

Will try:

1. Adding the same variables to letsencrypt's nginx config (same path as nextcloud's).

2. Upload without having cloudflare in the way.

I'll try to test it soon. I hope at least one of us can make this work. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I installed this docker a while back and it worked great. I simply didn't know I had to update it from within the application.
Now I have to reinstall. Whats the best way to go around this as I do not have a LDAP set up.

Is there a way I can keep the files and the users? So can I just use the same data path. Or should I use a new share and move the files back in later?

Thanks

Edited by Heciruam
posted to early
Hello,
I installed this docker a while back and it worked great. I simply didn't know I had to update it from within the application.
Now I have to reinstall. Whats the best way to go around this as I do not have a LDAP set up.

Is there a way I can keep the files and the users? So can I just use the same data path. Or should I use a new share and move the files back in later?

Thanks

You might try looking this before you write it off and start over. May be able to salvage your install?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/48383-support-linuxserverio-nextcloud/page/8/

CHBMB instructions for manually updating Nextcloud instance...
5 hours ago, blaine07 said:

You might try looking this before you write it off and start over. May be able to salvage your install?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/48383-support-linuxserverio-nextcloud/page/8/

CHBMB instructions for manually updating Nextcloud instance...

Yeah I tried that, but it didn't work.

Do you guys have any advice on whats the best way to pull the data into the new docker. When I tried to move files into the user specific folders they usually don't show up because they have different permissions. Any advice on what would be best to get that done?

Edited by Heciruam
On 10/14/2019 at 11:23 PM, Ustrombase said:

I am getting this error when I try moving "a lot" of pictures (50) into a folder using the webUI

[15-Oct-2019 04:10:14] WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

research has led me to edit /config/php/www2.conf inside my config directory of nextcloud docker.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/issues/30

However, I can't find anywhere what each of these settings are suppose to be. I would like to know what each number means. Also don't know why this happens specifically when I am moving files into another folder.

pm = dynamic
pm.max_children = 40
pm.start_servers = 15
pm.min_spare_servers = 15
pm.max_spare_servers = 25

Does anyone know?

Sorry to bring up a post from the dead but seeing this error in my PHP logs quite often. 

Does anyone have the details on assigning more children? What file? How does one determine how much to raise it by?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:-)

Edit: error below. Also is this correct www2.conf file to edit?(appdata>Nextcloud>PHP????)

C05175CF-2543-4E2E-AF20-26D2FE4A586D.png

9D053BD0-1901-4253-9359-1BFB5B9FEDE5.png

0CDC1FA1-07C9-462E-B387-E2A38BE42F8A.png

Edited by blaine07

Hi Guys 

hopefully somebody can help i am running on the latest version of Unraid 6.8.2 and have a Nextcloud docker running. Had a message saying a that a new update was ready so I did what i normally open up Nextcloud web page clicked on the updater to update to Nextcloud 17.0.3 and as normal let it run however now it appears to be stuck in Maintenance mode see attached. has anybody got any ideas.
I have looked on the Nextcloud forums and all it say is use

sudo -u www php occ maintenance:mode --off.

Not being that used to command line code i will need a bit of hand holding.

I did originally put this I general support by mistake and was advised to place it here by a moderator (oops) hopefully someone can help me

1795519880_ScreenShot2020-02-01at09_21.00(2).thumb.png.945082937e1ef24ec7ab4cbe1d85fed6.png

1 hour ago, Martintheshred said:

Hi Guys 

hopefully somebody can help i am running on the latest version of Unraid 6.8.2 and have a Nextcloud docker running. Had a message saying a that a new update was ready so I did what i normally open up Nextcloud web page clicked on the updater to update to Nextcloud 17.0.3 and as normal let it run however now it appears to be stuck in Maintenance mode see attached. has anybody got any ideas.
I have looked on the Nextcloud forums and all it say is use

sudo -u www php occ maintenance:mode --off.

Not being that used to command line code i will need a bit of hand holding.

I did originally put this I general support by mistake and was advised to place it here by a moderator (oops) hopefully someone can help me

Open a console (in docker) and execute this command : sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

I have a clean install of nextcloud 

it is working great but for the life of me, I cannot get the integrated ONLYOFFICE to work 

So I installed the ONLYOFFICE app 
I installed Community Documents Server app 

I click create spreadsheet for example and i get the following error message "ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached. Please contact admin"

What am I doing wrong?  

Edited by livingonline8
5 hours ago, livingonline8 said:

it is working great but for the life of me, I cannot get the integrated ONLYOFFICE to work 

I click create spreadsheet for example and i get the following error message "ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached. Please contact admin"

What am I doing wrong?  

Having the same issue, looks like it's related to this.

https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/issues/24

On 2/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, livingonline8 said:

What am I doing wrong?  

i can confirm the integrated app does not work yet, pointed out already here and on git that its more a nextcloud issue.

using the community doc server in a sep container works here fine as note, also the collabora one ... just follow the online documentation and u should be fine.

2 hours ago, alturismo said:

i can confirm the integrated app does not work yet, pointed out already here and on git that its more a nextcloud issue.

using the community doc server in a sep container works here fine as note, also the collabora one ... just follow the online documentation and u should be fine.

How does one go about setting up the separate Onlyoffice container? The Collabora one was simple and straight forward but for Onlyoffice I've had a bit of trouble without there being a simple preconfigured proxy-config file for it and needing to do the custom cert folder. I couldn't find any Unraid focused online guides for it.