[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 3/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, xthursdayx said:

** I think I found a solution to fix this @Kewjoe **

I was having this exact same issue:

Set up the official OnlyOfficeDocumentServer docker container with a reverse proxy to port 4430 (also with a secret key variable set as JWT_SECRET).

If I went to https://documentserver.mydomain.com I would get the green checkmark and welcome page. 

If I added https://documentserver.mydomain.com and the secret key I created to the OnlyOffice settings in Nextcloud these settings were accepted and saved. 

Then finally, if I tried to open an EXISTING .doc or .docx document I would just get a blank white screen under the Nextcloud header bar. The same thing would happen if I created a new document. 

My assumption was that perhaps some setting in my general NGINX ssl.conf was preventing the frame from opening OnlyOffice Documentserver. So, I went to the Github page for the Linuxserver LetsEncrypt container and pulled the most recent code from the ssl.conf (located here: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-letsencrypt/blob/master/root/defaults/ssl.conf) and updated the ssl.conf in my Letsencrypt appdata folder. After restarting Letsencrypt and Nextcloud everything is now working! Hopefully that helps you as well. 

My only concern is that I now get an A at SSLLabs, rather than an A+ like I used to get with my previous, more complicated ssl.conf...

Hey, sorry took me a while to respond, i was travelling. Thanks for responding. I actually had thought of this and had done what you recommended already. But I  realized my issue is my browser!  My Only Office was working all along but for some reason my specific Firefox installation is not working with it. Funny enough it works fine in Firefox on Android, also works with Pale Moon. All this effort to troubleshoot and i didn't check the most obvious possible issue :)

Hey fam,

I've been looking all over the internet for a bit for this answer and have not been able to find anything that pertains to my situation.  I'm currently on 16.0.8 trying to update to 17.0.4. Once I select the "Open updater" option I get a white page with the writing "Step 3 is currently in process.  Please reload this page later."  It was been stuck like that for almost a month now.  I can provide logs and such if needed, just need to know which ones are required before I start posting a bunch of non-needed logs.  Is anyone able to help me out here?  

Thanks in advance.  

2 hours ago, Iceman1199 said:

Hey fam,

I've been looking all over the internet for a bit for this answer and have not been able to find anything that pertains to my situation.  I'm currently on 16.0.8 trying to update to 17.0.4. Once I select the "Open updater" option I get a white page with the writing "Step 3 is currently in process.  Please reload this page later."  It was been stuck like that for almost a month now.  I can provide logs and such if needed, just need to know which ones are required before I start posting a bunch of non-needed logs.  Is anyone able to help me out here?  

Thanks in advance.  

Upgrade via command line:

• Like 1

I upgraded v ia command line and now i don't have any apps installed on my nextcloud server. Does anyone know where i can look to fix this? I have been searching online and cant find anything. I have tried some suggestions to increase the Fetcher timeout and still does not load. I had Mail app and is no longer there. I also had the TOTP app and now is not there. Please help.

image.png

2 hours ago, Kewjoe said:

Upgrade via command line:

Thank you Kewjoe.  

I followed the step, but when getting to the "Perform the Upgrade" step, I got the following error:

Set log level to debug
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed

Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

Any thoughts?  I appreciate all the help. 

8 hours ago, Iceman1199 said:

Thank you Kewjoe.  

I followed the step, but when getting to the "Perform the Upgrade" step, I got the following error:

Set log level to debug
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed

Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

Any thoughts?  I appreciate all the help. 

Try this link: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/updates-between-multiple-major-versions-are-unsupported/7094/13

specifically the comment by nickvergessen

Talks about how the config file might have the wrong version causing the upgrade to fail.

9 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I upgraded v ia command line and now i don't have any apps installed on my nextcloud server. Does anyone know where i can look to fix this? I have been searching online and cant find anything. I have tried some suggestions to increase the Fetcher timeout and still does not load. I had Mail app and is no longer there. I also had the TOTP app and now is not there. Please help.

image.png

Paste your config.php here (remove all personal options)

Hi,id like to ask i just upgrade to 18,2 and i see Stun and Turn server in the settings of Nextcloud Talk .

I try to use it as a family messenger ,but always have problems with connectivity between the Android phones.

Do i have to fill up some settings to this servers to make it to work properly.

Is someone did it and make it to work normally please share your settings.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Kewjoe said:

Nothing looks amiss. What version were you on and what did you update to?

I was on the last version of next cloud before updating to the current one. I think 18.0.1.3 to 18.0.2. I have a lot of errors on some of the logs in nextcloud. When inside of nextcloud i don't see any of the logging any more either. I had a lot of app enabled and now i don't even have the TOTP and i had the preview cache as well and i don't have it anymore. Thanks @Kewjoe

Edited by Tucubanito07

I fixed the issue @Kewjoe. If someone is having issues with the app store not coming up on your nextcloud under apps. Check to see if there is a appstore folder in you Nexcloud folder. Not in the appdata folder. I made a folder called apppstore in /mnt/user/Nextcloud/appdata_ocnsufkeq1x9 (your appdata folder name might be different) and the apps categories showed up again in nextcloud. 

Great. Now i have have encounter a picture problem. The photo comes up in the photo tab at the top of the browser. However, when i click the image, it says error loading? IMG_2852 but i can see it in the gallery. Just weird. 
In that same app folder, is there a preview folder? You might have to recreate your previews.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

On 3/14/2020 at 8:22 AM, Kewjoe said:

Try this link: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/updates-between-multiple-major-versions-are-unsupported/7094/13

specifically the comment by nickvergessen

Talks about how the config file might have the wrong version causing the upgrade to fail.

Thanks Kewjoe,

Having difficulties understanding this comment by Nick:

So what you could do is:

Remove the version from the config.php you copy all the time

Copy the config.php to others.config.php instead of config.php

Do I remove the entire version line, or just remove the version value in place?  Also, I don't have an others.config.php file that I can locate.  Are these steps or different options as well.  I did respond to Nick as well on the Nextcloud forum for clarification. 

To add now, when trying to launch the NextCloud docker I get an Internal Server Error and cannot access the web gui at all.  

Sorry to sound bothersome.  

Edited by Iceman1199
29 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

There is a preview folder but not all the pictures are on there. Is there a way to have it done again? Like is there a command I need to do?

do a docker exec into the nextcloud container and run the following: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ preview:generate-all

2 hours ago, Iceman1199 said:

Thanks Kewjoe,

Having difficulties understanding this comment by Nick:

So what you could do is:

Remove the version from the config.php you copy all the time

Copy the config.php to others.config.php instead of config.php

Do I remove the entire version line, or just remove the version value in place?  Also, I don't have an others.config.php file that I can locate.  Are these steps or different options as well.  I did respond to Nick as well on the Nextcloud forum for clarification. 

To add now, when trying to launch the NextCloud docker I get an Internal Server Error and cannot access the web gui at all.  

Sorry to sound bothersome.  

Not bothersome. What version are you on? and what are you trying to upgrade to? Can you paste your config.php (remove the sensitive bits)

8 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

Not bothersome. What version are you on? and what are you trying to upgrade to? Can you paste your config.php (remove the sensitive bits)

Per the config.php file I'm on 16.0.8.1.  I was trying to go to the next available, which was 17-something.  Can't see now as I cannot open the web gui to see.  My end goal is to update to newest stable release.  Thanks again for you help.  

image.png.b350ec3df92784037da2918a0e939281.png

5 minutes ago, Iceman1199 said:

Per the config.php file I'm on 16.0.8.1.  I was trying to go to the next available, which was 17-something.  Can't see now as I cannot open the web gui to see.  My end goal is to update to newest stable release.  Thanks again for you help.  

image.png.b350ec3df92784037da2918a0e939281.png

I don't notice anything wrong. Maybe try upgrading to 16.0.9 first. If that works, then try jumping to 17? https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest16

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Kewjoe said:

do a docker exec into the nextcloud container and run the following: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ preview:generate-all

I tried that command and i got "Encryption is enabled. Aborted." @Kewjoe Also, thank you for all your help. Really appreciated.

Also, do you know what the www-data directory is for? I believe is suppose to be in var/www and i dont see anything on that directory.

Edited by Tucubanito07
6 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I tried that command and i got "Encryption is enabled. Aborted." @Kewjoe Also, thank you for all your help. Really appreciated.

Also, do you know what the www-data directory is for? I believe is suppose to be in var/www and i dont see anything on that directory.

ah. Preview Generator doesn't work when using encryption. I used to be encrypted, but decrypted and disabled it. I realized, i was already on an encrypted drive in unraid, didn't need the double encryption.

can you be more specific about the www-data? Where are you seeing it?

5 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

ah. Preview Generator doesn't work when using encryption. I used to be encrypted, but decrypted and disabled it. I realized, i was already on an encrypted drive in unraid, didn't need the double encryption.

can you be more specific about the www-data? Where are you seeing it?

When you say encryption? Do you mean Server-side encryption? Can i just disable it and run the command? @Kewjoe

Edited by Tucubanito07