[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

@Tucubanito07 sorry, no idea here, i d try the NC forums therefore cause it doesnt look like a docker issue, looks more like a NC issue when i check logs from you

when i check google

https://www.google.com/search?q=nextcloud+photos+expected+filesize&rlz=1C1CHBF_deDE881DE881&oq=nextcloud+photos+expected+filesize&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l2.7991j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

i see you are not alone ...

Just now, alturismo said:

@Tucubanito07 sorry, no idea here, i d try the NC forums therefore cause it doesnt look like a docker issue, looks more like a NC issue when i check logs from you

when i check google

https://www.google.com/search?q=nextcloud+photos+expected+filesize&rlz=1C1CHBF_deDE881DE881&oq=nextcloud+photos+expected+filesize&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l2.7991j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

i see you are not alone ...

Awesome thank you so much, that is all i need it to know. Is not a docker issue, is an issue with next cloud. 

i installed the Onlyoffice and documentserver_community but i always get this error: ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached. Please contact admin This is the log:

[documentserver_community] Error: OCA\DocumentServer\Document\DocumentConversionException: sh: ./x2t: not found
at <>

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/lib/Document/ConverterBinary.php line 72
OCA\DocumentServer\Document\ConverterBinary->run("")
/config/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/lib/SetupCheck.php line 34
OCA\DocumentServer\Document\ConverterBinary->test()
/config/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/lib/Controller/StaticController.php line 89
OCA\DocumentServer\SetupCheck->check()
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 170
OCA\DocumentServer\Controller\StaticController->webApps("apps/api/documents/api.js")
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 99
OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\DocumentServ ... {}, "webApps")
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 125
OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\DocumentServ ... {}, "webApps")
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php line 47
OC\AppFramework\App::main("OCA\DocumentSe ... r", "webApps", OC\AppFramework\ ... {}, {path: "apps/api ... "})
<>
OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke({path: "apps/api ... "})
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 299
call_user_func(OC\AppFramework\ ... {}, {path: "apps/api ... "})
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1008
OC\Route\Router->match("/apps/documents ... s")
/config/www/nextcloud/index.php line 38
OC::handleRequest()
GET /apps/documentserver_community/web-apps/apps/api/documents/api.js
from 10.8.0.1 by christophe at 2020-03-28T09:27:41+00:00`

Edited by zichichi

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've just tried to run through an update for Nextcloud from version 17.0.3.1 through to 18.0.3.0 using the web updater. I've got as far as disabling maintenance mode, which would normally take me back to Nextcloud to see the actual update run. However, on redirection. It just errors out with a 'Http Error 500' response. I've successfully run the updater a few times in the past with no issues. 

I can still access the console for the docker container through Unraid and I have access to the share for this through the local network. Looking at the 'Updater.log' this seems like it's completed the update as it's run through the last and final step 12. 

Within the Nextcloud share, I see an updater folder which contains a backup of the previous versions and two .step files. which both read: {"state":"end","step":12}.

Is there anyway to try and run the update again? If so, what are the steps for this?

What options do I have currently?

Am I able to restore from the previous backup that it's saved, if so, how would I go about doing that?

Is it a container issue? If so, can I remove and reinstall the container?

Thanks

Nextcloud Updater Log.txt

On 9/22/2018 at 10:11 AM, syniex said:

Need some help,

Nextcloud has folder on my array called appdata_{instance_id}.

this folder contain some javascripts and Themes, for the nextcloud website.

Everytime someone logs in to the nextcloud it spin up my drive.

Is there a way to move it to the cache drive?

I just stumbled upon this problem, is there a way to fix this behaviour?

I could move the whole data folder to cache only, but then the parity wouldn’t function as backup and storage would also be more limited...

I’m thinking about one solution which I didnt try yet:

Changing the /data folder to cache only, but also create a path for /data/USERNAME which points to a separate share which is array only. If I’m not mistaken Nextcloud then shouldn’t spin up the array after a simple login because the appdata_ folder is stored on the cache disk, but all my files stored in Nextcloud wouldn’t be stored on the cache anymore but my array. So when copying a new file or opening an existing file, then the array would spin up. Of course I would have to add a path for every separate user.

I’ve also thought about changing the location of my user folder in Nextcloud but there doesn’t seem to be an option for that.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:27 AM, InfInIty said:

I tried to update nextcloud through the web updator, and now all i get is step 6 is running please refresh the page later.

I have tried to research fixing this, but have not had much luck.  Has anyone here had to do that?

If step 6 is before it goes into maintenance mode, back arrow on your browser to bring back the settings page, then wait.  It is most likely finising off sep 6.  After a while click on update again and it will let you resume,  If step 6 is after maintenance mode and it doesn't come back, edit your config.php file with notepad++ or similar.  find a line that says "'maintenance' => true," and change it to "'maintenance' => false," and restart nextcloud.  You can then reattempt the upgrade.

Only Office Document server.  This won't load for me. I've heard it times out.  That would account for our slow internet in Australia.

I've also heard it works, but not in the docker version.

If the latter is true, any updates on when the docker version will be fixed??

On 3/19/2020 at 6:44 AM, alturismo said:

afaik its not lsio or unraid related, as mentioned also the official nextcloud alpine docker doesnt work (they also provide a alpine edition), so we have to wait until NC solved it ... my last test was with 18.01, for now i keep the external onlyoffice solution ...

when u have success within the next releases, may let us all know here ;)

They have updated their software I think 2ce now? Im using 18.03 and onlyoffice still doesnt work without having to use a separate container.  I do know that there are containers that do work in unraid as I posted in their thread accidentally, but it isnt the same apparently.  I dont have a good enough knowledge base to understand why one will work and this one wont.  I also dont understand if one works and one doesnt, how can it be problem with nextcloud?  Its not world ending to not have this working, but it is annoying as it would be for anyone that doesn't want to add yet another container for functionality.  Please do not misconstrue this as blame or pointless harsh rhetoric.  Im just not knowledgeable to understand why it doesnt work currently.  :)

4 hours ago, danktankk said:

They have updated their software I think 2ce now? Im using 18.03 and onlyoffice still doesnt work without having to use a separate container.  I do know that there are containers that do work in unraid as I posted in their thread accidentally, but it isnt the same apparently.  I dont have a good enough knowledge base to understand why one will work and this one wont.  I also dont understand if one works and one doesnt, how can it be problem with nextcloud?  Its not world ending to not have this working, but it is annoying as it would be for anyone that doesn't want to add yet another container for functionality.  Please do not misconstrue this as blame or pointless harsh rhetoric.  Im just not knowledgeable to understand why it doesnt work currently.  :)

may read here https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/issues/10#issuecomment-578891914

comment from thelamer ... and, NC is providing its docker as apache edition (Ofiice working) and as alpine edition (Office not working).

as this lsio docker is alpine based, its also not working, the one working here is just a template from the original apache working one,

u wont find a template from the original alpine one cause as described it cant work in the current state they builded the office integration (static libs).

thats all afaik and after my personal tests and experience, but just try it or read the nextcloud github issues section or their forums.

30 minutes ago, alturismo said:

may read here https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/issues/10#issuecomment-578891914

comment from thelamer ... and, NC is providing its docker as apache edition (Ofiice working) and as alpine edition (Office not working).

as this lsio docker is alpine based, its also not working, the one working here is just a template from the original apache working one,

u wont find a template from the original alpine one cause as described it cant work in the current state they builded the office integration (static libs).

thats all afaik and after my personal tests and experience, but just try it or read the nextcloud github issues section or their forums.

Thank you for your reply.  To a layperson, your explanation would probably seem incomplete - or completely plausible depending on the level of rabbit hole depth.  However, UNRAID is one system.  If there are two versions of templates for the one UNRAID server - well by all means, use the one that works!  This is over my head for a reason I am sure, lol. This just seems silly if one version works and the other one doesnt.  I read @thelamer post, however, regardless of him being right or wrong, then why does one flavor of this work and one doesnt - both in UNRAID. - Obviously no disrespect from my noticable lack of knowledge, but for me, this seems fixable without NC.

@danktankk this is not unraid related, the alpine version doesnt work anywhere including onlyoffice ... also the original one ...

and if you prefer the original apache version, stay there, if lsio stays on alpine, they will ... nothing to worry about.

personal experience (i tested both cause of this office situation), the lsio alpine based one is for my usage faster ... the NC apache version was slower ...

so i decided for now until Nextcloud fixes its own issues to stay with 2 containers here, lsio NC and office seperately, your choice.

23 hours ago, Jessie said:

If step 6 is before it goes into maintenance mode, back arrow on your browser to bring back the settings page, then wait.  It is most likely finising off sep 6.  After a while click on update again and it will let you resume,  If step 6 is after maintenance mode and it doesn't come back, edit your config.php file with notepad++ or similar.  find a line that says "'maintenance' => true," and change it to "'maintenance' => false," and restart nextcloud.  You can then reattempt the upgrade.

My instance of Nextcloud is also stuck.

I edited the config.php file as you recommended and now it just says "Update in process". Before it said it was on step 6.

Has anyone else gotten their Nextcloud back up and running after trying to upgrade to 18.03? Mine is dead in the water right now!

I was able to update mine without much trouble at all. Onlyoffice still isn't fixed, but other than that it went pretty well. I can't believe they have had 2 updates and it still doesn't have this corrected to run onlyoffice internally lol.

I had to reload nextcloud a few times when it timed out doing the backup and in one other spot I can't recall atm. But it did complete it's tasks in the background. Could you possibly revert to 18.02?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nraygun said:

My instance of Nextcloud is also stuck.

I edited the config.php file as you recommended and now it just says "Update in process". Before it said it was on step 6.

Has anyone else gotten their Nextcloud back up and running after trying to upgrade to 18.03? Mine is dead in the water right now!

I got it!

I restored an old version of Nextcloud from /data/updater-"instanceID"/backups and ran a manual update and it worked!

21 hours ago, alturismo said:

@danktankk this is not unraid related, the alpine version doesnt work anywhere including onlyoffice ... also the original one ...

and if you prefer the original apache version, stay there, if lsio stays on alpine, they will ... nothing to worry about.

personal experience (i tested both cause of this office situation), the lsio alpine based one is for my usage faster ... the NC apache version was slower ...

so i decided for now until Nextcloud fixes its own issues to stay with 2 containers here, lsio NC and office seperately, your choice.

I've never used the alpine version, but i am considering it since it also works in unraid.  You mentioned that it is slower, so that does make me hesitant.  In addition, if I have to install an apache container as well, then there isnt much point in not installing the onlyoffice container

On 3/29/2020 at 7:47 AM, AliasGenis said:

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've just tried to run through an update for Nextcloud from version 17.0.3.1 through to 18.0.3.0 using the web updater. I've got as far as disabling maintenance mode, which would normally take me back to Nextcloud to see the actual update run. However, on redirection. It just errors out with a 'Http Error 500' response. I've successfully run the updater a few times in the past with no issues. 

Hi, This is essentially my issue. 18.0.3 got to the blue page and installed so it seemed, except it landed on maintenance mode even though it's not what I had selected. I would like to know solutions to get out of maintenance mode. I've tried some commands in the terminal from the nextcloud docker app but nothing successful so far. I also do not know how to revert to 17.0.5.0 (Which is the last version in my backups folder on my Nextcloud share).

Thanks for any help.

22 minutes ago, Eksster said:

Hi, This is essentially my issue. 18.0.3 got to the blue page and installed so it seemed, except it landed on maintenance mode even though it's not what I had selected. I would like to know solutions to get out of maintenance mode. I've tried some commands in the terminal from the nextcloud docker app but nothing successful so far. I also do not know how to revert to 17.0.5.0 (Which is the last version in my backups folder on my Nextcloud share).

Thanks for any help.

I found the answer on redit and it worked right away unlike many other pieces of advice online.

Solution: Enter this into the nextcloud docker console from unraid: 

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

No changing anything, for example abc doesn't need to be changed to a user name...

I've been running into an issue and just banging my head on a wall for the past few days.  I've been trying to get nextcloud installed- I've followed the lsio blog instructions and SpaceInvaders video to a t, but invariably I'm never able to complete the Nextcloud install setup.  Each time I go through and at a minimum drop the nextcloud database, but have on multiple occasions nuked the mariadb and nextcloud containers and their respective appdata folders (and the lingering nextcloud files from the \data directory).

I am not even trying to get a reverse proxy working yet, even local access would be a good first step.

So at this point what I run into is I'm able to install the mariadb just fine without any issues, and update the bind address and create the nextcloud user and database in the db without any issue. 

I then create the lsio nextcloud container; however when I run the actual nextcloud setup (populating credentials etc), I ultimately get a 504 Bad Gateway Nginx Timeout.  It appears to be a legit timeout as there are tables being written into the database, so it doesn't appear to be a full communication/access issue, but there is definitely something going wrong.

Docker configs are essentially the defaults with the lsio changes (setting password for mariadb, changing port to 444 for the nextcloud docker, and then pointing to appropriate shares)

From a log perspective, the \data\nextcloud.log only gives some information about not being able to process a file during the install.

The appdata/nextcloud/logs/nginx/error.log has the following:

2020/04/02 21:40:30 [error] 349#349: *7 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: <LAPTOP_IP>, server: _, request: "POST /index.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "<UNRAIDSERVERIP>:444"

The appdata/nextcloud/logs/nginx/access.log doesn't have much

<DOCKER IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:34:37 -0600] "GET /data/htaccesstest.txt HTTP/1.1" 400 255 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"
<LAPTOP IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:34:37 -0600] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0" 200 2464 "https://<UNRAID IP>:444/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12871.57.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.81 Safari/537.36"
<DOCKER IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:39:13 -0600] "GET /data/htaccesstest.txt HTTP/1.1" 400 255 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"
<LAPTOP IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:39:13 -0600] "GET / HTTP/2.0" 200 2475 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12871.57.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.81 Safari/537.36"
<DOCKER IP>- - [02/Apr/2020:21:39:30 -0600] "GET /data/htaccesstest.txt HTTP/1.1" 400 255 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"
<LAPTOP IP>- - [02/Apr/2020:21:40:30 -0600] "POST /index.php HTTP/2.0" 504 569 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12871.57.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.81 Safari/537.36"
<DOCKER IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:40:30 -0600] "GET /data/htaccesstest.txt HTTP/1.1" 400 255 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"
<LAPTOP IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:40:30 -0600] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0" 200 2474 "https://<UNRAID IP>:444/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12871.57.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.81 Safari/537.36"
<DOCKER IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:40:31 -0600] "GET /data/htaccesstest.txt HTTP/1.1" 400 255 "-" "Nextcloud Server Crawler"
<LAPTOP IP> - - [02/Apr/2020:21:40:31 -0600] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0" 200 2470 "https://<UNRAID IP>:444/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12871.57.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.81 Safari/537.36"

The appdata/nextcloud/logs/php/error.log doesn't have much

[02-Apr-2020 21:28:29] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 337
[02-Apr-2020 21:28:29] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[02-Apr-2020 21:37:52] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[02-Apr-2020 21:37:52] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[02-Apr-2020 21:39:12] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 330
[02-Apr-2020 21:39:12] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

I'm hopeful someone has an idea of what might be going wrong and how to fix it.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, Kewjoe said:

I'm having an issue with Only Office. I followed spaceinvaderone's video. OnlyOfficeDocumentServer docker is set up. When i go to my "documentserver.mydomain.com" it shows "Document Server is running" with a green checkmark. I install the Only Office app in Nextcloud, i added the "documentserver.mydomain.com" to the Only Office options. It accepts it and saves. I create a document and go inside and i just get a blank screen. No errors (Using Firefox)

The only clue I have, using Chrome i notice i get an error message in the middle of the screen only if i hover my mouse over which says "documentserver.mydomain.com refused to connect". I triple checked my nextcloud settings, my letsencrypt settings.. the documentserver subdomain conf file. I've removed and re-added both the docker and the only office app. Nextcloud, Let's Encrypt and the DocumentServer docker are on my proxynet network.

Any one got any ideas?

I'm having the same issue, has anyone figured this out?.  The only browser that seems to load the OnlyOffice Editor is Internet Explorer, other browsers show a blank page as @Kewjoe stated above.