[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I have a quite similar issue as my previous poster.

But I had Nextcloud running for quite some time now. This error just suddenly appeared (maybe with last Docker update?).

Unfortunately I cannot rollback to a backup since my backup-settings were wrong and I have only one backup from "not working state".

Please, help?

Thanks in advance!

(sry for bad english)

Edit:

I ended up reinstalling Nextcloud and MariaDB, now it's working again

Edited by der8ertl
self "solved"

what is the fastest way to transfer files from my Unraid disk to Nextcould? I recently deleted my Nextcould docker accidentally, i was not sure how to restore the docker using the addon backup, and not sure if it will restore my docker as well as all the files i had in it.

It takes for ever to upload large files  from window app.

since i am using my disk 1, and a share file called Nextcloud to store all my cloud files,  why can't i see these files in my Nextcould webUI or IOS App. it works only one way. it will be convenient to use Krusader to transfer file from disk to user/Nextcould folder!

second question: how do i fix this:

The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation

thank you

4 hours ago, damnshaneisthatu said:

Attempting to finalize my installation of Nextcloud, but can't proceed through the WebUI. Any ideas here? Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.10.54 PM.png

Use a browser that lets you go to the location. Firefox should let you as far as I know. It has to do with self signed certificates.

9 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

what is the fastest way to transfer files from my Unraid disk to Nextcould? I recently deleted my Nextcould docker accidentally, i was not sure how to restore the docker using the addon backup, and not sure if it will restore my docker as well as all the files i had in it.

It takes for ever to upload large files  from window app.

since i am using my disk 1, and a share file called Nextcloud to store all my cloud files,  why can't i see these files in my Nextcould webUI or IOS App. it works only one way. it will be convenient to use Krusader to transfer file from disk to user/Nextcould folder!

second question: how do i fix this:

The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation

thank you

You can copy the files to the user you created in Nextcloud, then run the update files command so Nextcloud adds the files to the database. Might be there is a plugin for that. At least there is a plugin for running occ commands from the webui. The command to use is in the nextcloud documentation.

For the second question, it's answered multiple times in this thread and searching on google should also give you some guidance.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:58 AM, twistedjackal509 said:

I just got my Unraid set up. I am following spaceinvaderone video to setup Nextcloud.  However, when I try to open the webUI it gives me the error of Internal server error and it won't connect.  What am I doing wrong?

Did you start the mariadb?

4 hours ago, damnshaneisthatu said:

Thank you, @saarg. Firefox did indeed allow me to proceed to location. Unfortunately, it timed out. "504 Gateway Time-out // nginx/1.16.1".

Then you are configured something wrong somewhere. If you have followed a guide, go over it and check that you have done everything.

12 hours ago, saarg said:

You can copy the files to the user you created in Nextcloud, then run the update files command so Nextcloud adds the files to the database. Might be there is a plugin for that. At least there is a plugin for running occ commands from the webui. The command to use is in the nextcloud documentation.

For the second question, it's answered multiple times in this thread and searching on google should also give you some guidance.

“then run the update files command”

i am ready the document https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html

I don’t  know which OCC commande I should use I don’t see anything for database update. 
If I have the commande should I run in terminal. Or use putty 

Hi,

I have been able to modify/create files in my nextcloud container ever since installation 6 months+ ago but as of this week I no longer can? 

Some of the permissions seemed to have changed for some users? (mine is mbc0)

image.png.b3149727c072536fcc7c3ac8221cdc9b.png

I mistakingly posted in the wrong thread (knex666 Nextcloud 18) and he said to enter these parameters/arguments to resolve the issue.

extra params 

--user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

post args

&&  docker exec -u 0 nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars

This causes an error (s6-mkdir: warning: unable to mkdir /var/run/s6: Permission denied) I presume because it is the wrong docker?  Is there something similar I can use for this docker to give me back the permissions needed to use SMB again please?

Thank you

4 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I have been able to modify/create files in my nextcloud container ever since installation 6 months+ ago but as of this week I no longer can? 

Some of the permissions seemed to have changed for some users? (mine is mbc0)

image.png.b3149727c072536fcc7c3ac8221cdc9b.png

I mistakingly posted in the wrong thread (knex666 Nextcloud 18) and he said to enter these parameters/arguments to resolve the issue.

extra params 

--user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0

post args

&&  docker exec -u 0 nextcloud /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars

This causes an error (s6-mkdir: warning: unable to mkdir /var/run/s6: Permission denied) I presume because it is the wrong docker?  Is there something similar I can use for this docker to give me back the permissions needed to use SMB again please?

Thank you

Permissions looks correct from what you have posted. Only the top one _gsdata is wrong.

Don't run commands from another container as that is a sure way to make problems. Remove those from your template.

We chmod the /data mount to the correct user and group on start, so restart the container and permissions should be correct. You might have done something to the files inside the container also, so do a force update on the container to set it back to normal.

3 minutes ago, saarg said:

Permissions looks correct from what you have posted. Only the top one _gsdata is wrong.

Don't run commands from another container as that is a sure way to make problems. Remove those from your template.

We chmod the /data mount to the correct user and group on start, so restart the container and permissions should be correct. You might have done something to the files inside the container also, so do a force update on the container to set it back to normal.

Hi, 

The docker wouldn't start because of those extra params anyway, so they were removed and everything seems ok.  I just so happened to have an update for the docker today so that happened as well with no issues. 

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

26 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi, 

The docker wouldn't start because of those extra params anyway, so they were removed and everything seems ok.  I just so happened to have an update for the docker today so that happened as well with no issues. 

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

It's yourself that you should be saying sorry to 😉

• Haha 1
On 4/20/2020 at 8:57 AM, jonathanm said:

Please read the first post in this thread. 8th line of text.

Thanks, I think I see it. Some text was black and hard to read in my browser, but it looks like doing it through the Web UI is OK. Although, the last time didn't go so well, so maybe next time I'll try the manual method.

"For upgrading the Nextcloud version, please see this guide here.  Alternatively, you can update via the Nextcloud webui."

Hi,

When trying to get to my NExtcloud via a domain I get a connection refused error.

As far as I am aware my ports are set to open (otherwise I get an error saying the server took too long to respond).

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Ok so I went through all the steps again.  That problem has gone but now I have this one:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

sent an invalid response.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Edited by daveo132
27 minutes ago, ssinseeme said:

this is what i get when write the script in Nextcloud consol:

root@f46059fee259:/# sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan
sudo: unknown user: www-data
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

Check the link to the manual update procedure in the first post of this thread for the correct  path to occ.

So I tried in a different browser and get the same result.

It seems to be a security issue.

Edge says:

Cannot securely connect to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Chrome says:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

[domain removed]      sent an invalid response.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm using LetsEncrypt and it ran through and said "server ok" though that's the best I've gotten so far, for days it kept returning an error, but that may be down the the domain taking a while to go live.

I've done a lot of searching on the net about this issue but can't seem to find an answer, or one that I understand... :(

As far as I can tell the correct ports are open and this error would suggest to me that it's reaching my server but can't validate it.

Hi Everyone

I have installed Nextcloud and everything is working I then would like to map shared Unraid drives to Nextcloud and I think there is some "Mapping" problems

Unraid have a great feature where you can copy a shared read setting to other shares (Making sure they are the same!)

Example: Two shared folders with the exact same SMB settings in the Unraid configuration one works the other doesn't and any other folder I try to share also does not work

image.png.a602618554dac334d2d110bc608b1c06.png

image.png.bd1ea45003a3188d297c3959d3e6124e.png

Again read rights are copied from the one that works?

One positive side is that there is also another option to share locally shared files

In the Nextcloud Docker you set a path:

image.png.95516580cfc0c92137d40d68664dc798.png

Then in Nextcloud:

image.png.7a2b286dca9d415f656396c33648aa47.png

And this would work...

Can anyone give any idea on what I can do next in regards to get SMB working for more than one share?

Have anyone this working with more than one SMB share?

Any docker commands I can use to see internal mappings?

This doesn't work: docker exec -it name nextcloud config

Thanks!