[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, casperse said:

Hi Everyone

I have installed Nextcloud and everything is working I then would like to map shared Unraid drives to Nextcloud and I think there is some "Mapping" problems

Unraid have a great feature where you can copy a shared read setting to other shares (Making sure they are the same!)

Example: Two shared folders with the exact same SMB settings in the Unraid configuration one works the other doesn't and any other folder I try to share also does not work

image.png.a602618554dac334d2d110bc608b1c06.png

image.png.bd1ea45003a3188d297c3959d3e6124e.png

Again read rights are copied from the one that works?

One positive side is that there is also another option to share locally shared files

In the Nextcloud Docker you set a path:

image.png.95516580cfc0c92137d40d68664dc798.png

Then in Nextcloud:

image.png.7a2b286dca9d415f656396c33648aa47.png

And this would work...

Can anyone give any idea on what I can do next in regards to get SMB working for more than one share?

Have anyone this working with more than one SMB share?

Any docker commands I can use to see internal mappings?

This doesn't work: docker exec -it name nextcloud config

Thanks!

Be sure to update the container and also nextcloud. I just tested it here and had no problems adding 2 shares using smb/cifs. I had to update Nextcloud though, as I was still on 17.0.1 and smb/cifs refused to work on that version.

You do not have to fill out the field above domain (Ekstern undermappe på norsk). This might be your issue as it tries to use a folder under yourserver\share\ which fails. I think that you mistook this as the place to mount the smb/cifs share inside the container, which is not the case.

Why are you trying to run docker exec -it name nextcloud config?

On 4/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, Coolsaber57 said:

Is anyone else having performance problems with NextCloud?  It's been fine for me until lately.

My Container is up to date and I've updated NextCloud via the UI, but it takes forever to load the Web UI.  Did something change recently?  All my other containers load normally.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi,

I am having an issue using the external storage. I want share files of my unraid share to my friends, so I mounted a SMB mount so that my nextcloud docker could access the UnRaid's share. Then, I can create a share link in the nextcloud and send it to my friend.

The problem is, my friend can use the link and see the file, and download at fullspeed (the limit of my home network to ISP). But after awhile, it just suddenly saying "Failed - Network error" in Google Chrome. Tried for few times but still not able to download to whole file. The file is around 14GB large. Clicking continue to download does not work, it starts from the beginning.

I tried to mount using both SMB and local, but the problem is still existing. I mount local by setting up another path in the nextcloud docker settings. Both of them have the same problem of "Failed - Network error". When I download the file locally, meaning that I use my computer in the same LAN to download it, it is fine and always complete the download.

Any advice would help. Thanks a lot!

Apologies if someone has answered this.

Is there a procedure to rebuild a nextcloud data file from scratch.

If I were to create a new nextcloud instance, then copy an existing data store to the drive, are there occ commands to rebuild the user database and the file database from the existing data?

22 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Apologies if someone has answered this.

Is there a procedure to rebuild a nextcloud data file from scratch.

If I were to create a new nextcloud instance, then copy an existing data store to the drive, are there occ commands to rebuild the user database and the file database from the existing data?

Look at the previous page.

Hint:

occ files:scan

On 4/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, daveo132 said:

Hi,

When trying to get to my NExtcloud via a domain I get a connection refused error.

As far as I am aware my ports are set to open (otherwise I get an error saying the server took too long to respond).

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Ok so I went through all the steps again.  That problem has gone but now I have this one:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

sent an invalid response.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can anyone help me with this?

As far as I know I'm setup correctly.  I have my own domain that point to duckdns which points to my IP.  As far is I understand that is the correct procedure.

I'm getting all sorts of different errors from, "invalid response" to "took too long to respond" and "refused to connect"

Port Forwarding is setup.

I'm really lost as to why it isn't working.

It is not possible for me to try the cloudflare option as my domain holder does not permit that changing of Name Servers.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, B1scu1T said:

Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue that I would really like to solve myself... but struggling to do so.

I'm getting an error when trying to copy large files from my desktop (anything 3GB or larger it seems) and the files simply refuse to sync. In the windows application I see:

[file location]: Connection Closed

Then then when I log into the nextcloud control panel and look at the logging I see a whole string of fatal errors such as:

[webdav] Fatal: Sabre\DAV\Exception: Error while copying file to target location (copied bytes: 0, expected filesize: 100000000 ) at <<closure>>

0. /config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php line 156
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File->put(null)
 1. /config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Upload/UploadFolder.php line 47
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->createFile("00000012", null)
 2. /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 1096
    OCA\DAV\Upload\UploadFolder->createFile("00000012", null)
 3. /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php line 525
    Sabre\DAV\Server->createFile("uploads/paul/2178915309/00000012", null, null)
 4. <<closure>>
    Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPut(Sabre\HTTP\Reque ... "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
 5. /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php line 105
    call_user_func_array([Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin {},"httpPut"], [Sabre\HTTP\Requ ... }])
 6. /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 479
    Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit("method:PUT", [Sabre\HTTP\Requ ... }])
 7. /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 254
    Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Sabre\HTTP\Reque ... "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})
 8. /config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php line 319
    Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
 9. /config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php line 35
    OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
10. /config/www/nextcloud/remote.php line 165
    require_once("/config/www/nex ... p")

PUT /remote.php/dav/uploads/paul/2178915309/00000012
from [removed] by paul at 2020-04-04T17:45:56+00:00

A bit of googling has lead me to believe this is related to a PHP config, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the config file is that I should be changing.

Everything in the server is up to date, as far as I am aware. I'm using Nextcloud along with LetsEncrypt and MariaDB. Is it a file in LetsEncrypt that I should be adjusting?

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

Im not getting more and more things that refuse to sync with nextcloud and im a bit baffled as to what I have done or what I need to do.... this is the new one... what's going on?

Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception: Error while copying file to target location (copied bytes: 0, expected filesize: 97280 )	
2020-04-25T16:35:48+0100
Error	no app in context	Sabre\DAV\Exception: Error while copying file to target location (copied bytes: 0, expected filesize: 97280 )	
2020-04-25T16:35:48+0100
Error	PHP	file_put_contents(/data/paul/files/Software/Axon/ISSetupPrerequisites/Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express RTM/SQLEXPR_x86_ENU/1033_ENU_LP/x86/Setup/sqlsupport_msi/Windows/system32/RWFVLHTQ.LM8.ocTransferId1925991769.part): failed to open stream: No space left on device at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#503

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

This would be the first thing I'd look at either proving or disproving...  Is the appdata share full?

There is 700+GB free for app data.... so that doesn't really make sense.

I have some warnings on my server that it was getting full last night, but the mover sorted that out (as per it's parameters) in the early morning hours.

I had a look at the allocation of data though, and it does seem like data isn't spreading across the disks very evenly. Split level for nextcloud was only 2, which I would have thought would be ok but a bit deeper digging seems like it might not have been.

I have changed the split settings for the Nextcloud share up to 3 levels, I'll see if this fixes all my problems and report back.

On 4/16/2020 at 5:12 AM, Greyberry said:

They are using both nextcloud and the smb shares.

Therefore the question if it is somehow possible to use unraid (+ its credentials) as an ldap server. Because NextClaud should be able to use ldap or use them directly.

One possibility is you might be able to run Nethserver as a vm.  That would give you domain controller capabilities and it integrates nextcloud as part of the package.  Personally haven't tried it yet but intend to soon.

6 hours ago, saarg said:

Look at the previous page.

Hint:

occ files:scan

Thanks Saarg.

I tried that and it did something, but the user database remains missing.

Is it possible to recreate the user database via 'occ'? or do I have to manually recreate the users?

Not keen on having to manually recreate the users because I am not privvy to their passwords.  If I added generic passwords it would break users access and desktop/phone clients.

2 hours ago, B1scu1T said:

There is 700+GB free for app data.... so that doesn't really make sense.

I have some warnings on my server that it was getting full last night, but the mover sorted that out (as per it's parameters) in the early morning hours.

I had a look at the allocation of data though, and it does seem like data isn't spreading across the disks very evenly. Split level for nextcloud was only 2, which I would have thought would be ok but a bit deeper digging seems like it might not have been.

I have changed the split settings for the Nextcloud share up to 3 levels, I'll see if this fixes all my problems and report back.

More specifically, have a look at the size of the docker image. Goto settings docker and have a look at docker volume info.  If it looks a bit full, you can turn docker off and increase the size of the container.

49 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Thanks Saarg.

I tried that and it did something, but the user database remains missing.

Is it possible to recreate the user database via 'occ'? or do I have to manually recreate the users?

Not keen on having to manually recreate the users because I am not privvy to their passwords.  If I added generic passwords it would break users access and desktop/phone clients.

I didn't see the user part. The users are stored in the database. I have no idea if it's possible to export the users and import it again.

If you have it still working, why do you need to set it up again?

More specifically, have a look at the size of the docker image. Goto settings docker and have a look at docker volume info.  If it looks a bit full, you can turn docker off and increase the size of the container.
I'll also check that tomorrow, but I seem to recall doing this in the past already. I have a 1TB cash/appdata drive so figured I could crank it up to never worry about it.

Changing the share split level certainly helped with the files from my laptop, just got to check the ones on my workstation from the first errors I posted.
57 minutes ago, saarg said:

I didn't see the user part. The users are stored in the database. I have no idea if it's possible to export the users and import it again.

If you have it still working, why do you need to set it up again?

My working system is running v17.  There is some sort of issue in the database which crashes it when I try to go to v18.  So I thought I might be able to create a new instance and rebuild which might fix the existing problem.  I have tried repairs etc in the existing system but the problem doesn't go away.

Other than that, I would like to know how to do it anyway, to build up my skill level.

Edited by Jessie
18 hours ago, PzrrL said:

Hi,

I am having an issue using the external storage. I want share files of my unraid share to my friends, so I mounted a SMB mount so that my nextcloud docker could access the UnRaid's share. Then, I can create a share link in the nextcloud and send it to my friend.

The problem is, my friend can use the link and see the file, and download at fullspeed (the limit of my home network to ISP). But after awhile, it just suddenly saying "Failed - Network error" in Google Chrome. Tried for few times but still not able to download to whole file. The file is around 14GB large. Clicking continue to download does not work, it starts from the beginning.

I tried to mount using both SMB and local, but the problem is still existing. I mount local by setting up another path in the nextcloud docker settings. Both of them have the same problem of "Failed - Network error". When I download the file locally, meaning that I use my computer in the same LAN to download it, it is fine and always complete the download.

Any advice would help. Thanks a lot!

Bump..I just wonder if my case is missed, thanks!

Folks,

since i nearly smashed my piano out of the window (window to small) to get my onlyofficedocumentserver connected, I discovered something very strange:

I only tested to create and edit a .docx file by clicking on the icon and got always the white page with the broken non-smiling sheet.

Then, desperatley clicking around, I did the same with presentations and - it worked! It connected properly and open the new document with onlyoffice - HELL WHAT??

Why does creating presentations and calculations work but no damn writing doc? Is this a onlyoffice bug? 

Thanks and stay healthy!

Update:

I swear, I did nothing. When I opened up the same Notebook right now, just a few hours later, everything works as expected. I cannot explain, what causes this behaviour. Any ideas? Just curious...

Edited by hundsboog
edit
15 hours ago, Jessie said:

My working system is running v17.  There is some sort of issue in the database which crashes it when I try to go to v18.  So I thought I might be able to create a new instance and rebuild which might fix the existing problem.  I have tried repairs etc in the existing system but the problem doesn't go away.

Other than that, I would like to know how to do it anyway, to build up my skill level.

You have tried to update using both command line and webgui?

Did you install the latest v17 before going to v18?

Regarding exporting users, you have to check the nextcloud documentation.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, saarg said:

Check the link to the manual update procedure in the first post of this thread for the correct  path to occ.

I could not find "The manual update procedure" in the first post. checked all the links. Could you please share the OCC code. I dont know much about linux stuff. I did some research for how to scan new files in dockers but can't find anything.

3 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

I could not find "The manual update procedure" in the first post. checked all the links. Could you please share the OCC code. I dont know much about linux stuff. I did some research for how to scan new files in dockers but can't find anything.

It's there. Click here (in the first post).

For upgrading the Nextcloud version, please see this guide here. 

This might probably sound like a noob/dumb question to you, but gotta ask one thing about my nextcloud setup.

So I was mostly following  SpaceInvaderone's guide on nextcloud reverse proxy setup. I mean mostly, as my setup is missing one step - reverse proxy server.

So in my arrangement I have nextcloud linked with ddns service through letsencrypt, but without additional step of reverse proxy that would point back to ddns domain.

Everything works smooth as butter both locally and from mobile device. I have 'All checks passed' on internal nextcloud page and 'A+' security rating on scan.nextcloud.com. That being said I was wondering how much 'less secure' my setup is comparing to a full blown setup shown in SIO video? Thanks, and sorry if this was asked before - couldn't find the answer to that in this thread.

9 hours ago, saarg said:

You have tried to update using both command line and webgui?

Did you install the latest v17 before going to v18?

Regarding exporting users, you have to check the nextcloud documentation.

Yes and Yes. 

It complains about a missing table/index and then crashes. 

occ:repair fails also.  (yeah, i know i got the syntax wrong)

Apparently it is not needed in v17 because it runs fine on v17.  I found a post re exporting and importing the tables in the database.  Will try that later when I get time. 

I have checked the documentation in relation to users.  The commands only pertain to adding/deleting/updating users. Nothing I could see in there to migrate.

Edited by Jessie
3 hours ago, Januszmirek said:

This might probably sound like a noob/dumb question to you, but gotta ask one thing about my nextcloud setup.

So I was mostly following  SpaceInvaderone's guide on nextcloud reverse proxy setup. I mean mostly, as my setup is missing one step - reverse proxy server.

So in my arrangement I have nextcloud linked with ddns service through letsencrypt, but without additional step of reverse proxy that would point back to ddns domain.

Everything works smooth as butter both locally and from mobile device. I have 'All checks passed' on internal nextcloud page and 'A+' security rating on scan.nextcloud.com. That being said I was wondering how much 'less secure' my setup is comparing to a full blown setup shown in SIO video? Thanks, and sorry if this was asked before - couldn't find the answer to that in this thread.

If you are using the letsencrypt docker, there is an nginx reverse proxy built in.  You just need to fill in the setup table correctly and then edit a config file for letsencrypt/nginx  in appdata.  Spaceinvader has a tutorial.  If you are using duckdns ddns, there is a docker which will keep your domain alive.

Edited by Jessie