[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

onlyoffice integration appears to still not work in nextcloud 18.04 either.  updated today..  😕  same error as always.

ONLYOFFICE cannot be reached. Please contact admin.

Not asking why, just posting it still doesn't work.  At this point I'm not holding out any hope that it ever will without installing yet another container which defeats the purpose of OnlyOffice integration...  

3 hours ago, danktankk said:

onlyoffice integration appears to still not work in nextcloud 18.04 either.  updated today..  😕  same error as always.

Not asking why, just posting it still doesn't work.  At this point I'm not holding out any hope that it ever will without installing yet another container which defeats the purpose of OnlyOffice integration...  

Yes i have the same issue.

9 hours ago, danktankk said:

It's better to go ask Nextcloud why they chose to add an ubuntu only binary.

There is nothing we can do about it.

I recently moved to a new house and my server is assigned a new Lan address.  The port forwarding is set correctly but Nextcloud is unresponsive.  When I attempt to access via 192.168.1.*:444 I receive this message.

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

The error log shows

2020/05/15 23:12:12 [error] 350#350: *339 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.18.0.3, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "****.duckdns.org:443"

Not sure how to proceed with correcting this issue.

I installed this today and hit a couple of problems.

1. It timed out after I got the setup done. (Solution - just wait 5 minutes)

When I entered the admin name & password, all the database details, it ran and then timed out. While googling for a solution it was still running behind the scenes, and by the time I came back to it (5 minutes or so) loading the web page gave me a login screen. It seems that something in the webserver config is timing out if the initial set up is slow. I didn't dig any deeper, to be fair.

2. It's very slow. (Solution - install Redis)

I had about 4GB of data to sync, and it was estimating about 24 hours or more to complete the upload. I installed the official Redis docker image from Community Applications (I accepted the defaults) and then once that was running I made changes to /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php as follows, to enable using it:

(Based on https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html )

'memcache.distributed' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
  'redis' => [
       'host' => 'redis',
       'port' => 6379,
  ],
  'memcache.locking' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',

After a reboot, it's down to under an hour to sync. From Googling, if you have a lot of small files it can be slow no matter what you do, but I'll take a twenty-fold speed increase any day!

I hope this helps a few other people, who might have the same issues. I didn't find any discussion of them on this thread so far.

6 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

Hi all,

I want to add shares in my nextcloud . I've tried with smb with no success:

image.thumb.png.1a0059d6919c2c15115544634fc139b1.png

Can someone please point me to the right direction?

Workgroup and -Marco is not needed. And you can't use the root user.

• Thanks 1

So I tried out onlyoffice via the docker.  Works well but you can't open documents on portable devices.  Is this correct or just me?

Also will documents open on MAC and Linux pc's?

I like the interface. 

Works well but I switched back to Collabora because everything works in that for me.

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

So I tried out onlyoffice via the docker.  Works well but you can't open documents on portable devices.  Is this correct or just me?

Also will documents open on MAC and Linux pc's?

I like the interface. 

Works well but I switched back to Collabora because everything works in that for me.

7 Posts up and before u see we tried already, still no luck with all alpine based NC dockers, also not the one provided from NC directly (they also have a alpine based one where OnlyOff... is not working)

I can no longer login to my nextcloud, im sure my password is right but its not accepting it, then reset email never arrives either as I dont think I set up an SMTP server.

Help!

Solution, open the docker console and type sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ user:resetpassword admin 

where admin is the user you want to reset, no idea what happens but I can get in now.

Edited by Spies
On 5/16/2020 at 1:55 PM, TheFullTimer said:

I recently moved to a new house and my server is assigned a new Lan address.  The port forwarding is set correctly but Nextcloud is unresponsive.  When I attempt to access via 192.168.1.*:444 I receive this message.

The error log shows

Not sure how to proceed with correcting this issue.

Go to your config.php file and have a look at the ip addresses assigned.  I suspect you will find your old ip range from the previous address. Change to 192.168.1.*:444.  I assume you aren't using letsencrypt.

Hi guys,

today i updated the nextcloud docker and my added SMB-Shares stopped working.

When i try to open a share, i get an Internal Server Error.1115300959_Bildschirmfoto2020-05-21um14_34_21.thumb.png.e70efba51193f62cbfbef762a162102f.png

Is anyone experiencing the same issue or maybe knows a solution?

Solution:

1. Download version 18.0.3 from the official Nextcloud Website

2. Replace apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind with apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind - from Nextcloud 18.0.3

3. Restart Docker

This solution worked for me.

Edited by parazit
3 hours ago, parazit said:

Hi guys,

today i updated the nextcloud docker and my added SMB-Shares stopped working.

When i try to open a share, i get an Internal Server Error.1115300959_Bildschirmfoto2020-05-21um14_34_21.thumb.png.e70efba51193f62cbfbef762a162102f.png

Is anyone experiencing the same issue or maybe knows a solution?

Solution:

1. Download version 18.0.3 from the official Nextcloud Website

2. Replace apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind with apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind - from Nextcloud 18.0.3

3. Restart Docker

This solution worked for me.

Known issue. Doesn't look like it's getting fixed until version 19.

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/20622

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/20/2020 at 2:24 AM, alturismo said:

7 Posts up and before u see we tried already, still no luck with all alpine based NC dockers, also not the one provided from NC directly (they also have a alpine based one where OnlyOff... is not working)

Thanks for that.  I think you are referring to the alleged built in document server.  I gave up on that and installed document server docker as per spaceinvaders tutorial.  The only difference being there is now a script in letsencrypt to connect/update the certificates automatically.  It literally worked out of the box on Pc's (and I assume Macs Linux boxes)  I couldn't get it to talk to android/ios devices which was a deal breaker for me.  After googling, I also read about lost data, although I don't know whether that pertains to the inbuilt nextcloud document server or the docker.  I didn't notice any issues other than the portable device problem personally.  I liked the interface.  It was nice and fast, but I think I will relegate it to my 2nd server for the time being.  Collabora ticks all boxes for me at the moment.  I did have an issue with collabora when updating to 18.4 of nextcloud.  Could not open documents outside of the local network.  Found the fix on GitHub which involved dropping a few tables in the database then reinstalling the app.  If anyone wants that I can post it.

Edited by Jessie

@Jessie yes, i refered to that cause this one comes pretty often.

About your issues with the sep. one, i can say here im fine, can open documents fine also on android devices (no apple user here).

Of course also in browser instance like chrome etc ... before i used callabora, but i prefered the ui of onlyoffice

On 4/29/2020 at 8:57 PM, ozone31912 said:

Hey Daveo132,

I had trouble getting letsencrypt to give me a cert. I highly recommend checking out SpaceInvaders video on DNS verification with letsencrypt. I used that instead and was a lot easier.

Hi yes thats the guide I followed.

I've managed to trace down some of my issues to my BT router which just wouldn't port forward.  I've now replaced that with a Asus one and things are working better.

I'm just a bit stuck now as my DDNS is taking me to my router login and not my Nextclould install.

PS. Sorry for the late replay, I didn't get an email about it.

PPS, So I'm most of the way there now but when I connect to NextCloud through the URL I get a page is being built message.

Edited by daveo132
Fat fingers, can't spell!

EDIT,

OK fixed some issues with permissins in my root share and I've finally got there... but... its very slow over the web access.

It loads the login page but never the login boxes and takes several minutes to get that far.  Within my network its fast.

No other user are on my server and the load is <5% on the CPU and <10% on RAM.

I did however set it up with the My SQL database as I am the only planned user.  Would this be causing this slow performance?

Edited by daveo132

Ok so regarding the slow loading of my login page.

If I try to do it off my network, say my parents or my phone on mobile it loads instantly.  If I use my PC on the same network as my Nextcloud server it never loads properly.

Not a big problem as I can access across my LAN, but not helpful for testing.  Any ideas what I've done?

I just get greeted with this

Capture.PNG

Edited by daveo132

Hey all, first of all I have gotten Nextcloud installed and working well with MariaDB and NginxProxyManager.

My questions is more about how you structure your UnRaid server directory and Nextcloud.

I already have my media backed up in their own directories, however it was recommended to create a Nextcloud folder which I did.

As such my current folder structure look like so:

• /x/appData
  • /x/nextcloud
  • /x/images
  • /x/movies

In this case, what is the best method of displaying the images from /x/images inside the Photos App of Nextcloud?
I don't really want to have to move it all inside the /x/nextcloud/user/files/Photos directory, would rather be able to have it link somehow?

Just can't find that ability currently...
Thanks for any advice!

On 5/23/2020 at 1:20 AM, alturismo said:

@Jessie yes, i refered to that cause this one comes pretty often.

About your issues with the sep. one, i can say here im fine, can open documents fine also on android devices (no apple user here).

Of course also in browser instance like chrome etc ... before i used callabora, but i prefered the ui of onlyoffice

Can you edit on the android device? Or read only?

2 hours ago, Mattyfaz said:

Hey all, first of all I have gotten Nextcloud installed and working well with MariaDB and NginxProxyManager.

My questions is more about how you structure your UnRaid server directory and Nextcloud.

I already have my media backed up in their own directories, however it was recommended to create a Nextcloud folder which I did.

As such my current folder structure look like so:

• /x/appData
  • /x/nextcloud
  • /x/images
  • /x/movies

In this case, what is the best method of displaying the images from /x/images inside the Photos App of Nextcloud?
I don't really want to have to move it all inside the /x/nextcloud/user/files/Photos directory, would rather be able to have it link somehow?

Just can't find that ability currently...
Thanks for any advice!

Having existing data from unraid in nextcloud in specific places isn't the intended use of nextcloud. Nextcloud is a self hosted cloud solution and not a frontend for unraid shares.

You can add the existing mappings using external storage in nextcloud and set which group of users will get access to it. SMB doesn't work in 18.0.4 and will not be fixed until 19 is released.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:58 PM, daveo132 said:

Ok so regarding the slow loading of my login page.

If I try to do it off my network, say my parents or my phone on mobile it loads instantly.  If I use my PC on the same network as my Nextcloud server it never loads properly.

Not a big problem as I can access across my LAN, but not helpful for testing.  Any ideas what I've done?

I just get greeted with this

Capture.PNG

What happens if you try a different browser?  Firefox then chrome would be my first 2 prefs.  Edge can give iffy results and cant run the password app. IE? no one should be using ie now.

Another maybe is try loading the bruteforce app.  Then go to settings and whitelist your modem. ie if your modem address is 192.168.1.1 then add that to the whitelist.

Edited by Jessie
On 5/23/2020 at 8:26 AM, daveo132 said:

EDIT,

OK fixed some issues with permissins in my root share and I've finally got there... but... its very slow over the web access.

It loads the login page but never the login boxes and takes several minutes to get that far.  Within my network its fast.

No other user are on my server and the load is <5% on the CPU and <10% on RAM.

I did however set it up with the My SQL database as I am the only planned user.  Would this be causing this slow performance?

If you are talking sql lite, load mariadb docker.  I only used lite the first time and found it bogs down as soon as you make it do more than 1 thing.  There is a full mysql docker floating around.  It also works ok.

Edited by Jessie