[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 5/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, StandardToast said:

Hey all,

So I followed both of SpaceInvaderOnes videos and I have it set up as the following

ddclient configured with CloudFlare as my DynamicDNS - Working I can ping the subdomain and it resolves to my IP

CloudFlare as Reverse Proxy DNS - Possible error here?

Owned domain from namecheap -> setup with cloudflare DNS

My domain does show up in cloudflare as transitioned and active. I have an A type dns record for 'cloud' that has my correct WAN  IP

I have edited the nextcloud config files - Question is "'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt']", " required in the nextcloud configuration file?

I have edited the lets encrypt subdomain config files and its no longer a sample file

My NextCloud docker container is on the custom proxynet ethernet bridge thing

My let encrypt is using port forwarded 180 (changed from port 80 on the forward rule) and 443 as the video show (had issues when using 1443 )

I have edited the nextcloud config to use cloud.* instead of nextcloud.* to match my subdomain name

My unraid server does have a  static IP on the internal network

Logs

Nextcloud shows no log errors

ddclient has - "WARNING: found neither iupv4 nor ipv6 address"

LetsEncrypt - Server ready status

I am getting a 502 bad gateway error when I VPN out and go to https://cloud.mydomain.com

I had an issue where I couldnt see with canyouseeme.org the 443 or 1443 port forward rules. Checked with my ISP and confirmed they do not block them

Videos I followed -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0lhZc25Sro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPmVZ9CgtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0lhZc25Sro

What would cause this 502 bad gateway? What steps can I check? Is it useful to post the config files? Is it safe to post the config files? Thanks everyone

Do you have nextcloud, mariadb and letsencrypt on custom proxynet? They all need to be on it.

11 hours ago, Jessie said:

If you are talking sql lite, load mariadb docker.  I only used lite the first time and found it bogs down as soon as you make it do more than 1 thing.  There is a full mysql docker floating around.  It also works ok.

Ok, I will get around to that.

I did see there is a command I can use to transfer.

17 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

Ok, I will get around to that.

I did see there is a command I can use to transfer.

If you only have limited users/data, the simplest way would be download all data to a pc client so it is resident on local hard disk. 

Start up a new nextcloud instance using mariadb, then connect the client to the new instance and it will automatically sync back up again. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

Hi @Jessie

So, if I use any other PC in my house it loads fine.

It just seems to be this one PC in any browser.

I use chrome but I have Internet Explorer on here for Legacy site (I need it for work) and also tried edge.  All the same result.

Hmmm  Is the slow pc on wifi vs the others on cable?

Or did that pc try to login with  few incorrect passwords?  There is a feature built in which will slow logins if someone is trying to hack the system. (Bruteforce)

That should correct itself in time.

What if you login as a different user?  Still slow?.

2 hours ago, alturismo said:

i would say its read only meanwhile ... worked before, but now ...

image.thumb.png.486ba199ef575fb56492c22385301a0f.png

That's what happened to me. I'm not sure what will happen in the future. I googled and I got the impression that editing will work on the builtin document server.  Will never know until that gets fixed.

3 hours ago, Jessie said:

That's what happened to me. I'm not sure what will happen in the future. I googled and I got the impression that editing will work on the builtin document server.  Will never know until that gets fixed.

OnlyOffice removed Web/mobile editing from version 5.5.0 of Community Document Server. OnlyOffice moved to payment tiers to enable editing on mobile devices. It was mentioned a few pages back in this thread. You can read more on this from Nextcloud forum from here.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, harshakavuri said:

OnlyOffice removed Web/mobile editing from version 5.5.0 of Community Document Server. OnlyOffice moved to payment tiers to enable editing on mobile devices. It was mentioned a few pages back in this thread. You can read more on this from Nextcloud forum from here.

Yep.  That'd explain it.  I'm happy with collabora. I think I'll stay there.  Thanks for that info.

@Jessie

Hmm,

This PC is wired and fast for everything else.  Now that you mention it I think I did see something in the logs about just that!

I'll leave it for a while and see if it sorts itself out

EDIT:

So I took a look in the logs.

Login failed: 'Dave' (Remote IP: 'My Router IP Address')

There is a lot of that......

Edited by daveo132
3 hours ago, daveo132 said:

@Jessie

Hmm,

This PC is wired and fast for everything else.  Now that you mention it I think I did see something in the logs about just that!

I'll leave it for a while and see if it sorts itself out

EDIT:

So I took a look in the logs.

Login failed: 'Dave' (Remote IP: 'My Router IP Address')

There is a lot of that......

My fix for that is download database workbench 5.  That will let you access the database.  There is a table called bruteforce (or similar.  Access the data in that table and delete. ie clear it out.  Speed will come back.

3 hours ago, daveo132 said:

So next problem - though I don't think this is an issue with Nextcloud....

I can't set up my Gmail for IMAP, just get an error saying it couldn't be authorised.

I think for that one you need to log into gmail web browser and config and enable imap.  I think there is also a security setting which must be lowered to allow download to an email client.  Then set up the mail client.  I havent done a gmail so there might be other criteria.

I had some trouble with my Nextcloud installation after changing out my cache drive. I used the Settings > User Utilities > Backup/Restore Appdata. If I recall, it simply wouldn't connect to the server, and I'd get Bad Gateway 502 errors. Something happened with Nextcloud losing the connection to the database backend. MariaDB did no lose any of the DB settings, but Nextcloud wasn't talking to it correctly.

Re-initialize Nextcloud setup. You can do this by moving or deleting the default conf file. For me this was in: /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config

Once you get rid of that file, and hit the default setup page again, you can pick up Spaceinvader's video again right here on youtube

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/how-do-you-restart-the-install-wizard/6579

So after longer time than I wanted I set up preview generator for thumbnails.
Its working fine for images that stored in Nextcloud itself.
But for storage added as external storage, the previews are created, but neither web Nextcloud or the app actually uses the previews created.

Nextcloud is instead creating new thumbnails instead for some reason. Anyone know why?

Hi all,

I updated to 19.0.0 today and i have a warning saying:

This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them.

bcmath

Does anyone have any ideas how i can do this please? I always get the 'MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters.' warning when i upgrade, but i have resolved this.

Edited by showstopper
formatting
11 minutes ago, showstopper said:

Hi all,

I updated to 19.0.0 today and i have a warning saying:

This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them.

bcmath

Does anyone have any ideas how i can do this please? I always get the 'MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters.' warning when i upgrade, but i have resolved this.

It will be added when the PR to add the package is merged.

4 hours ago, showstopper said:

Sorry what does that mean!

It means that when the pull request on our repo on GitHub that contains the added package is merged with the current code that builds the container, there will be built a new image for the container.

• Like 1

Anyone able to get the new document CODE server working in nextcloud 19 behind letsencrypt/nginx? I added the

location ~ ^\/nextcloud\/(?:index|remote|public|cron|core\/ajax\/update|status|ocs\/v[12]|updater\/.+|oc[ms]-provider\/.+|.+\/richdocumentscode\/proxy)\.php(?:$|\/) {

But still couldn't connect :(

Just want to share in case anyone else had an issue recently when updating via command line.  Previously, I would execute the commands in the first post for manual update in the Nextcloud console by simply copying and pasting the full command, one after the other.  Today, when updating Nextcloud, I pasted this command in the Nextcloud console:

docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on

And received this error:

sh: docker: not found

Then I noticed the Nextcloud console header:

Nextcloud.jpeg.790c1f13a3dce52a9977ffb0af9aa65f.jpeg

So, I removed "docker exec -it nextcloud" from each command, and the update process worked flawlessly.  There must have been a change recently, because the last time I updated via command line was within the last month or so, and I did not have to modify each command when updating via the Nextcloud console, but I did have to do that today.

It appears the commands were updated about 21 hours ago as of this post.  So, the new commands appear to be written expecting one to execute them via the unRAID command line, instead of the Nextcloud console.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo
  • Like 1

After updating Nextcloud, login to the WebUI and navigate to "Settings - Overview".  This is where you verify that the update was successful.  There is a possibility there will be some errors present from the install.

If you see either of these errors, simply run their prospective (highlighted) commands in the Nextcloud console, without quotes.

Nextcloud_Missing_Indices.jpeg.e70fce47f1064a1329442eb8663c8d2a.jpeg

The last line of output from running the above "missing indices" command will be:

oc_properties table updated successfully.

Nextcloud_Missing_Columns.jpeg.2510f578fefb01f0a3aa86d425f3e9ba.jpeg

The last line of output from running the above "missing columns" command will be:

Comments table updated successfully.

At this point simply refresh the page "Settings - Overview" in the Nextcloud WebUI to clear the errors.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo

I just updated to the the nextcloud container to latest.

After which i couldnt access nextcloud  and was getting 400 bad request error

658573301_ScreenShot2020-06-04at19_29_52.png.986a198b7265a237129baf7409a9ba75.png

So if anyone else has this error you can fix by rolling the container back

To do that change the repository line in the template to

linuxserver/nextcloud:18.0.4-ls81

as below

1358554226_ScreenShot2020-06-04at19_34_19.thumb.png.f8784214317206d9ad069c7f14e73d1a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi,I'd like to ask if anyone get success with installing Stun-Turn-Server and integrated with Nextcloud so Nextcloud talk work normally.

Or any other solution with signal server or something.I saw tutorials only for Ubuntu sever and can't get this to work.

Thank you very much.

Nextcloud 18.05

Unraid 6.8.3

Pfsense 2.4.5.

4 hours ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

I just updated to the the nextcloud container to latest.

After which i couldnt access nextcloud  and was getting 400 bad request error

658573301_ScreenShot2020-06-04at19_29_52.png.986a198b7265a237129baf7409a9ba75.png

So if anyone else has this error you can fix by rolling the container back

To do that change the repository line in the template to

linuxserver/nextcloud:18.0.4-ls81

as below

1358554226_ScreenShot2020-06-04at19_34_19.thumb.png.f8784214317206d9ad069c7f14e73d1a.png

Thank YOU!