[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

8 hours ago, Goldfire said:

I have this same problem as well, I'm using external storages that point to my /mnt/ locations. I had 10GB for my docker.img file which was about 50% full, someone downloaded a file from me that came in at 4.5GB - it basically crippled and trashed my docker.img to the point where I had to delete it and recreate it from scratch. Painless process with the auto template usage from the apps tab, but it's still a pain when I have to take all the dockers down just to do it.

The only thing I can think of in the short term is to increase the docker.img size to something larger than your single largest file and inform your users to not download multiple files as an archive.

@MothyTim What are you using to replace Nextcloud? I found Nextcloud to "tick" all of my boxes but this problem is just a big strike through them all.

Have you tried to find the folder that grows inside the container?

11 hours ago, Goldfire said:

@MothyTim What are you using to replace Nextcloud? I found Nextcloud to "tick" all of my boxes but this problem is just a big strike through them all.

I just went back to using Dropbox or Wetransfer which isn’t ideal as I often need people to be able to download 30GB of files, but at least it’s reliable! They are multitrack broadcast wav files and can be quite large and I can’t have the server crash when the likes of the BBC are trying to download! It would be so much better to get this working, I could give people access to their files for as long as they need!

14 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

How would you do that? Don’t have much time before it freezes the system though!

Don't know the command to list folder size by heart, but Google probably knows.

You could test with a file you know will not fill your docker.img and then run the command to find the big folder.

10 hours ago, MothyTim said:

How would you do that? Don’t have much time before it freezes the system though!

You can install ncdu inside the container and run it from there to see the folder sizes in real time. I could not identify which one is tho.

I had this problem only using shared links. If a user uploads or downloads something, everything is fine in my case. If I share a link to someone who's not a user in my nextcloud then the docker image fills up. Can you test this please?

Edited by andreidelait

Rightly or wrongly I decided to re-do my install now that it works on the proper mariaDB.

That's all installed fine.  My issue is I can't amend the config file.

I have rootshare and I can write to the base of the drive but, when I drill down to the config locations for next cloud I lose write permissions.

I have no idea why and Windows can't update the permissions to allow me to.  What have I done wrong?

1 hour ago, daveo132 said:

Rightly or wrongly I decided to re-do my install now that it works on the proper mariaDB.

That's all installed fine.  My issue is I can't amend the config file.

I have rootshare and I can write to the base of the drive but, when I drill down to the config locations for next cloud I lose write permissions.

I have no idea why and Windows can't update the permissions to allow me to.  What have I done wrong?

Edit it using unraid and not windows.

Edited by saarg
46 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

How do I do that?  As far as i can tell I am set to be able to do so in unraid?

[rootshare]
path = /mnt/user
comment =
browseable = yes
valid users = ****
write list = ****
vfs objects =

Using the command line.

1 hour ago, drugdoctor said:

Greetings,

Just tried to install NextCloud from the best Linuxserver guys.  I am getting the following error.  I changed Host Port 1: to 444, and my path to a Share I created called NextCloud.  What is the problem here?  Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance!

image.png.976ad3ebb7b7c5481765140a487e67d1.png

Looks like you have had it installed before. Nuke the appdata folder and restart the container.

Hi all I recently upgraded my MB and CPU. 

My next cloud now is giving me this error: 

Your data directory is invalid

Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

someone  had this error and managed to add .ocdata in data directory i believe, but i can't find where to add .ocdata. i tried different folders like.  \\TOWER\appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\core\Data  but i still have this error. 

my next cloud docker is set up as before with the same path and use the same share folder.

any help appreciate it 

On 6/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, Goldfire said:

I have this same problem as well, I'm using external storages that point to my /mnt/ locations. I had 10GB for my docker.img file which was about 50% full, someone downloaded a file from me that came in at 4.5GB - it basically crippled and trashed my docker.img to the point where I had to delete it and recreate it from scratch. Painless process with the auto template usage from the apps tab, but it's still a pain when I have to take all the dockers down just to do it.

The only thing I can think of in the short term is to increase the docker.img size to something larger than your single largest file and inform your users to not download multiple files as an archive.

Since it is only when downloading/uploading it might just be the temp folder.
Did you set proxy_temp_path in your nginx config in your reverse proxy? Are you even using a reverse proxy?

3 hours ago, TheIstar said:

Since it is only when downloading/uploading it might just be the temp folder.
Did you set proxy_temp_path in your nginx config in your reverse proxy? Are you even using a reverse proxy?

Well yes I'm using reverse proxy, I thought it must be a temp file and have said so before but no one suggested that! Which config file and I assume I need to passthrough a path to a folder or can I use unraids temp folder?

Many thanks

Tim

43 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

Well yes I'm using reverse proxy, I thought it must be a temp file and have said so before but no one suggested that! Which config file and I assume I need to passthrough a path to a folder or can I use unraids temp folder?

Many thanks

Tim

I just added the following line to my letsencrypt nginx  proxy config:

proxy_temp_path /config/proxytemp 1 2

This way it just creates a sub folder called proxytemp in the letsencrypt folder in appdata.

I just added the following line to my letsencrypt nginx  proxy config:

proxy_temp_path /config/proxytemp 1 2

This way it just creates a sub folder called proxytemp in the letsencrypt folder in appdata.

Literally with the “1 2” at end? Exactly which letsencrypt file are you editing? I have had problem with large files such as MothyTim too and never really figured it out...
21 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

Hi all I recently upgraded my MB and CPU. 

My next cloud now is giving me this error: 

Your data directory is invalid

Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

someone  had this error and managed to add .ocdata in data directory i believe, but i can't find where to add .ocdata. i tried different folders like.  \\TOWER\appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\core\Data  but i still have this error. 

my next cloud docker is set up as before with the same path and use the same share folder.

any help appreciate it 

It doesn't look like you have used the same path since nextcloud doesn't find the file it needs.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

It doesn't look like you have used the same path since nextcloud doesn't find the file it needs.

I didn't change the path is the same: /mnt/user/media/

i double check that media contained all the document i have in nextcoud. I made also sure also that the share file i am using is disk 3 which has all the file in next cloud. all my dockers worked fine but next cloud. any suggestion what to do thanks

5 minutes ago, Ravenwood said:

The IP address to my unraid changed from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.2 and I can't get into nextcloud anymore. Does anyone know what I have to update so that I can access nextcloud again?

Just change the IPv4 address to static  in network, go to setting --network

7 hours ago, ssinseeme said:

I didn't change the path is the same: /mnt/user/media/

i double check that media contained all the document i have in nextcoud. I made also sure also that the share file i am using is disk 3 which has all the file in next cloud. all my dockers worked fine but next cloud. any suggestion what to do thanks

Search for the file nextcloud asks about?

4 hours ago, saarg said:

Search for the file nextcloud asks about?

Saarge. Your answers have been always hints. Do you want to help here or give a hard time. Of course I search google and read forums before I post. The answers I found did not work for me me. That’s why I am seeking this forum help. If you want to help I appreciate it but it you don’t. Don’t give me hints that don’t lead anywhere.