[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 9/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, Vesko said:

Hi,did you edit the file . SAMPLE  in Appdata SWAG because i forgot and then remember that i have now new appdata folder

not the old one with Letsencrypt name.

For me everything is working now

Uh, just saw this. That may be why it's working locally and not remotely. I failed over to use wireguard in the meantime when outside my home.

I'll try that today and will come back with the result.

Great catch man, thank you.

• Thanks 1
On 9/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, puncho said:

Hi, I added my unraid root folders in the past to be able to share/add to it but now when I try to add another folder, I'm getting a red stop sign/unable to. Any hints as to where to start to fix it?

5IpW65m.jpg

For anyone who's looking for the solution in the future, you would get the error message "There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?"

You have to edit the docker settings and add the "Apps" share as a new host path, then it should work

I'm finding an issue with locale encoding. I need to add a huge number of files to my nextcloud instance, so I added them manually to my user's "files" directory on my server and then ran `sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan [user]` from with the nextcloud container. However, I'm now getting some error messages like this:

Entry "/xthursdayx/files/Work/Documents/Privado - Unknown - Boletín de políticas.pdf" will not be accessible due to incompatible encoding
Entry "/xthursdayx/files/Archive/2019-2020/Materials/Jönsson - 2010__xid-389489066_2.pdf.xml" will not be accessible due to incompatible encoding

Any idea how I might fix this? I assume that it is an issue with the container not using the correct UTF locale, but I could be totally off base... 

Edited by xthursdayx

Not sure where I have gone wrong. I have setup my own domain and made the necessary adjustments to my config files, but after restarting both letsencrypt and nextcloud dockers, I cannot load Nextcloud at all.

I have attached the error I am getting whether trying to access directly from the web url or from the IP address attached the docker.Capture.thumb.PNG.67fe0ccef80dc07efd96f1b7df87c675.PNG

1 hour ago, braydination said:

Not sure where I have gone wrong. I have setup my own domain and made the necessary adjustments to my config files, but after restarting both letsencrypt and nextcloud dockers, I cannot load Nextcloud at all.

I have attached imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16the error I am getting whether trying to access directly from the web url or from the IP address attached the docker.Capture.thumb.PNG.67fe0ccef80dc07efd96f1b7df87c675.PNG

You have to post exactly what you have done.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, saarg said:

You have to post exactly what you have done.

Starting from scratch I've been following the spaceinvader tutorials to install nextcloud. Managed to get that all up and running without any issues.

I then started to follow the tutorial for letsencrypt but had my first issue when I realised i couldn't forward port 80, so I created my own domain and registered with CloudFlare so that I could validate through DNS rather than http. I followed the rest of the tutorial, adjusting the nextcloud config file accordingly with my subdomain and did the same for the letsencrypt config as well.

Up until that point I could always access nextcloud from my docker tab, but then after restarting them, I haven't been able to get any further.

2 hours ago, braydination said:

Starting from scratch I've been following the spaceinvader tutorials to install nextcloud. Managed to get that all up and running without any issues.

I then started to follow the tutorial for letsencrypt but had my first issue when I realised i couldn't forward port 80, so I created my own domain and registered with CloudFlare so that I could validate through DNS rather than http. I followed the rest of the tutorial, adjusting the nextcloud config file accordingly with my subdomain and did the same for the letsencrypt config as well.

Up until that point I could always access nextcloud from my docker tab, but then after restarting them, I haven't been able to get any further.

That isn't detailed. I don't know the guides you have followed, so of you want help, you need to post what you have done.

I have a rather odd request I was wondering if someone could be as kind as to consider helping me out with... Look, sometimes we meddle with things we shouldn't of and sometimes we learn lessons as a result of such...So I am asking for forgiveness ahead of time and admitting my situation is directly relative to my idiocracy LOL. I have Googled thinking I could rectify my own idiocracy but here we are...

Inside Nextcloud app data folder inside the nginx(Nextcloud>nginx) folder, can someone get me a default copy of "nginx.conf" and a copy of "default" inside the site-confs(Nextcloud>nginx>site-confs) folder. I also need a copy "php-local.ini" and "www2.conf" inside the PHP(Nextcloud>php) folder.

Good news; my Nextcloud still boots and works...Just SLOW as molasses. I did actually have backups of the original files saved but seems I can't figure out which set that was as idiot me did not clearly label them. I admittedly was playing with the pm.children and min/max_spare servers and etc in attempt to get server to be ever so slightly; ironically I accomplished exactly the opposite mucking about.

FACEPALM.

What to do... Nextcloud docker won't stop, only way to stop is kill -9 process id

I deleted whole container and added again with empty appdata folder, same error still....

s6-svwait: fatal: supervisor died
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Edited by ufo56
41 minutes ago, ufo56 said:

What to do... Nextcloud docker won't stop, only way to stop is kill -9 process id

I deleted whole container and added again with empty appdata folder, same error still....

s6-svwait: fatal: supervisor died
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Do you have issues with the disk or file system errors?

HI,

can someone please help me config nextcloud for net access? (Lan access  is working well).

I created a subdomain cloud.mydomain.it and changed config.php in nextcloud folder and nextcloud.subdomain.conf in nginx folder under swag container using this config:

config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ocz3l2jujtz6',
  'passwordsalt' => 'd1GH/7M85KoYp570/2xGEbQpEk4bAe',
  'secret' => 'j0ttimHiiELqseRGAGRpXeqZcRdAhILzK+Yf0MVDPef4Aqyq',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:444',
    1 => 'cloud.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.it',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '19.0.3.1',
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:444',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'mail_from_address' => 'admin',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_domain' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.it',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtphost' => 'authsmtp.securemail.pro',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpname' => '[email protected]',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'theme' => '',
  'trusted_proxies' => ['swag'],
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.it/',
  'overwritehost' => 'cloud.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.it',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
);

nextcloud.subdomain.conf

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "swag", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['swag'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name cloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app nextcloud;
        set $upstream_port 443;
        set $upstream_proto https;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
    }
}

TY in advance!

On 9/27/2020 at 4:05 AM, Jokerigno said:

Up? Can anyone please help me fixing this?

you mean accessing from outside over the internet?

mmm before we go crazy I recommend you follow the instructions by spaceinvader in youtube, it will clear a lot of your problems maybe you missed a step. I'm not very proficient explaining but the settings you posted look good to me.

• Like 1

I have a question that might have an easy answer. 

Today I downloaded a 6gb file from my nextcloud, and noticed how the docker image was getting filed as my download was almost done. Is this working by default like this, maybe I need to expose whatever folder out to the one of the shares?

19 hours ago, gacpac said:

you mean accessing from outside over the internet?

mmm before we go crazy I recommend you follow the instructions by spaceinvader in youtube, it will clear a lot of your problems maybe you missed a step. I'm not very proficient explaining but the settings you posted look good to me.

well that was easy. My issue was that I didn't change network from bridge to proxynet. Now it works!

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction :)

PS: I have the same issue that you noticed when moving big files from nextcloud.

I'm wondering if someone can help me resolve the following error on my nextcloud install on unraid, or at least point me in the right direction?

"Error: Undefined class constant 'CACHE_TTL' /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/Job.php - line 62: OCA\Bookmarks\BackgroundJobs\PreviewsJob->run(null) /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php - line 57: OC\BackgroundJob\Job->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {}) /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php - line 126: OC\BackgroundJob\TimedJob->execute(OC\BackgroundJob\JobList {}, OC\Log {})"

2 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

well that was easy. My issue was that I didn't change network from bridge to proxynet. Now it works!

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction :)

PS: I have the same issue that you noticed when moving big files from nextcloud.

yes. I'm wondering If need to expose the folder out of the container. 

1 hour ago, gacpac said:
10 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

yes. I'm wondering If need to expose the folder out of the container. 

[Guide] Fixing Nextcloud Uploads Filling up Docker Image - Docker Containers - Unraid

No clue whether it works or breaks things in the long run, but it sounds logical, and I've made the change to see what might happen.

• Like 1
On 9/19/2020 at 4:21 AM, xthursdayx said:

I'm finding an issue with locale encoding. I need to add a huge number of files to my nextcloud instance, so I added them manually to my user's "files" directory on my server and then ran `sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan [user]` from with the nextcloud container. However, I'm now getting some error messages like this:

Entry "/xthursdayx/files/Work/Documents/Privado - Unknown - Boletín de políticas.pdf" will not be accessible due to incompatible encoding
Entry "/xthursdayx/files/Archive/2019-2020/Materials/Jönsson - 2010__xid-389489066_2.pdf.xml" will not be accessible due to incompatible encoding

Any idea how I might fix this? I assume that it is an issue with the container not using the correct UTF locale, but I could be totally off base... 

Just following up to see if anyone knows how I might make Nextcloud play well with characters like these: ö, í, å, etc