[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 6/30/2020 at 1:20 AM, skois said:

Hello, is anyone managed to get Face Recognition app installed on this docker? 
I'm trying to follow the app's installation instructions but sure enough nothing work, cause it needs to have a package manager to install some things.
How i can do it manually?
https://github.com/matiasdelellis/facerecognition/wiki/Installation

@skois did you get this working? I’m also interested. Thanks.

4 hours ago, macattack said:

Just did a fresh install on my server and on startup I get the following error. I have not done a single thing other then select the folder in the template. I think image is broken.

4 hours ago, macattack said:

Just did a fresh install on my server and on startup I get the following error. I have not done a single thing other then select the folder in the template. I think image is broken.

Most likely you have installed nextcloud previously and didn't delete the appdata folder. That is why you get the error message.

Hi all, I'm hoping for some guidance on getting my Nextcloud instance to run faster.

Most things involving the web UI are just horribly slow, the file sync between machines seems okay (speed isn't a huge factor there) but when browsing/using the web UI it just seems awfully slow.

I found this reddit thread that states switching to PostgreSQL solved their issues and made things much snappier.

I'm willing to go through the process to get this done if you guys here agree that it is worth doing and would make things run faster? (Note I'm currently running MariaDB with Nextcloud and 2 other (very small) databases in it.

I have multiple users of Nextcloud and do not mind interrupting them (just a family member and a close friend) incase this takes a while to get finished, but I want to make the experience better, as I plan to "de-google" a lot more here in 2021 and would like Nextcloud running as smoothly as possible.

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Hi all, I'm hoping for some guidance on getting my Nextcloud instance to run faster.

Most things involving the web UI are just horribly slow, the file sync between machines seems okay (speed isn't a huge factor there) but when browsing/using the web UI it just seems awfully slow.

I found this reddit thread that states switching to PostgreSQL solved their issues and made things much snappier.

I'm willing to go through the process to get this done if you guys here agree that it is worth doing and would make things run faster? (Note I'm currently running MariaDB with Nextcloud and 2 other (very small) databases in it.

I have multiple users of Nextcloud and do not mind interrupting them (just a family member and a close friend) incase this takes a while to get finished, but I want to make the experience better, as I plan to "de-google" a lot more here in 2021 and would like Nextcloud running as smoothly as possible.

Thank you in advance!

Well, I spun up PostgreSQL 13 and created a databse and executed the following command inside the Nextcloud container. 

occ db:convert-type --port 5432  --all-apps --clear-schema pgsql nextcloud 10.0.0.10 nextcloud

It took about 2 hours to convert my MariaDB to PostgreSQL and when it finally finished, Nextcloud seems slightly faster, by a small margin, but not by a ton like I had hoped. 

Is there anything else that can be done to speed up this container? I'm accessing it via SWAG with pretty basic/default settings, and haven't installed too many third party apps so far, only really using it for file shares for myself and 2 smaller users.

Thanks in advance again.

• Thanks 2

So I not only converted to PostgreSQL 13, I also installed the official Redis docker container and changed my 

appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config\config.php to contain the following at the start, with 10.0.0.10 being the IP of my server, which is where Redis is installed.

This is just the start of the file, the rest of the file will be your config that already exists...

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'memcache.distributed' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
     'redis' => [
         'host' => '10.0.0.10',
         'port' => 6379,
	     	     ],
  'memcache.locking' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',

The reason I left memcache local to APCu is due to this: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html

They suggest leaving it as APCu for local if you have enough RAM, if you do not, then use Redis for both lcoal and distributed (as well as locking).

I've found that the combination of Postgres and Redis has drastically sped up ny Nextcloud web UI.

It's still not perfect, I feel it could be faster (A lot of other webapps I'm running behind reverse proxy are still more responsive, but none are likely as compelx as Nextcloud) 

I'm still looking for MORE optimization if anyone has any advice on that. 

PS - I used this page to reference for conversion to Postgres from MariaDB - worked flawlessly.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_database/db_conversion.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I used THIS link to setup the TEMP directory in Nextcloud/Swag. I think I got those portions completed. In the Nextcloud>PHP> php-local.ini file do I need to define the TEMP directory so NC knows to use it? See attached pic; I think like last line is what I would use? Just not sure what the directory structure would be using the guide I link to above. Can someone confirm the php-local..ini file needs edited to include the temp directory? Can someone say what temp directory would be listed as in the php-local.ini file if so in reference to how completed above?

Please help 😞

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 19.29.01.png

Hello everyone,

i installed NextCloud v20 with MariaDB as database. Everything works fine and I was able to eliminate almost all security warnings by following this thread and the Spaceinvader One videos.

The only warnings I can't get rid of are these:

"Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation."

"Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation"

I know this has already been mentioned and I found in a post back that a user suggested this:

if anyone have the resolve "/.well-known/caldav warning here is how i fix it go to you letsencrypt nginx folder sites-config and add this lines

location = /.well-known/carddav {return 301 $ scheme: //$host/remote.php/dav; }

location = /.well-known/caldav {return 301 $ scheme: //$host/remote.php/dav; }

But I don't have letsencrypt / Swag installed and so I ask: which file should I modify to add these instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Zippi

9 hours ago, Zippi said:

Hello everyone,

i installed NextCloud v20 with MariaDB as database. Everything works fine and I was able to eliminate almost all security warnings by following this thread and the Spaceinvader One videos.

The only warnings I can't get rid of are these:

"Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation."

"Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation"

I know this has already been mentioned and I found in a post back that a user suggested this:

if anyone have the resolve "/.well-known/caldav warning here is how i fix it go to you letsencrypt nginx folder sites-config and add this lines

location = /.well-known/carddav {return 301 $ scheme: //$host/remote.php/dav; }

location = /.well-known/caldav {return 301 $ scheme: //$host/remote.php/dav; }

But I don't have letsencrypt / Swag installed and so I ask: which file should I modify to add these instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Zippi

If you're not using reverse proxy you need to modify the nginx config that nextcloud container is using.

In my case is

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

Edited by andreidelait
9 hours ago, andreidelait said:

If you're not using reverse proxy you need to modify the nginx config that nextcloud container is using.

In my case is

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to add these 2 lines of instructions but then nextcloud no longer works, it tells me that the site is not reachable.

Is there a specific point where I need to add these lines?

Inside the DEFAULT file i've already have these lines:

location = /.well-known/carddav {

return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/remote.php/dav;

}

location = /.well-known/caldav {

return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/remote.php/dav;

}

Do I have to modify these or add the other 2 from before?

Thanks again for the help!

Zippi

32 minutes ago, xman111 said:

hey guys, have Nextcloud up and running great after watching SpaceinvaderOnes video.  Just wondering how i add my wife and kids and have their photos from their phones upload to their own home directory and not upload into my folders?

any help would be appreciated.

you need to create accounts for them and they have to login to the app with those accounts, not your own account. Their uploads should go into their own folders.

3 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

you need to create accounts for them and they have to login to the app with those accounts, not your own account. Their uploads should go into their own folders.

thanks Cornelious, just tried that and it worked as you said.    One thing i was wondering, i looked at the Nextcloud share and it was set to use cache drive, not sure if that is right or not.  My cache drive was starting to fill up so i set it to not to use cache drive.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue in the log:

Could not connect to appstore: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 60000 milliseconds (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)

It's preventing me from going into "Apps" or "Settings" -> "System" from the Admin account drop down.

I believe the change that caused this was going from "letsencrypt" to "swag".

4 hours ago, xman111 said:

thanks Cornelious, just tried that and it worked as you said.    One thing i was wondering, i looked at the Nextcloud share and it was set to use cache drive, not sure if that is right or not.  My cache drive was starting to fill up so i set it to not to use cache drive.

I have my appdata for nextcloud on cache, the nextcloud SHARE I just have on the normal array, so it sounds like you've got this correct now :)

IM GOING INSANE.

I had various issues that caused me to have to completely redo all my dockers and cache drive swap. 

That being said everything is back up and running as expected EXCEPT Nextcloud

I can't access Nextcloud locally or remotely. 

I've gone through countless forums and threads trying to find help but they immediately go into the weeds and dead end or aren't helpful.

Unraid v6.8.3

Using subdomains for access. (I had this all working perfectly before the cache swap.) Only difference now is Swag instead of letsencrypt docker)

Swag for reverse proxy

Ports forwarded properly on the router

Mariadb make a database for Nextcloud to use (Jellyfin is using same custom network and I can locally and remotely access it)

Right after I set up Nextcloud I was able to access it via local ip and set it up as you should and did some simple configuration. Then I moved on to other dockers. I added Jellyfin and configured it. Now Nextcloud is 100% inaccessible, they don't share any ports.  I've edited all the config files as specified by SpaceInvader and various forum posts. Nothing helps. I've rebooted the server countless times during the whole process. Restarted dockers after any change.

Locally with IP I get nothing "this site cannot be reached" with subdomain address I get 502 bad gateway ngix 1.18.0

69624030_2020-10-0817_01_02-Window.jpg.bb6beeaaea6277084c9cd880553e30d2.jpg

705775805_2020-10-0817_14_31-Window_LI.jpg.fb482b727920980fffa455eea7fdb8e0.jpg

1638695037_2020-10-0816_49_38-Window.thumb.jpg.8b12a10d2e746c1a06b8a666ce775c0c.jpg

Please be gentle Im not a pro with all this stuff.  I followed SpaceInvaderOne tutorials for setting up Nextcloud, Letsencrypt/Swag as I did before and everything worked. Now this time around, it's just not working. (last time was 4 months ago) I don't understand how I did the Jellyfin setup the exact same way and it works but Nextcloud is just broken.  I found others saying to just nginx proxy manager docker but no one has information on how to exactly do so. Some people said it's a DNS issue but didn't offer any help or information on how to resolve that.  As much love as I have for SpaceInvader I think his video might be outdated or Nextcloud has been altered in someway to make it no longer relevant way to install and access remotely this is clear to me as im not the only one having these types of issues. 

It's always a headache... One little configuration screws it all up for me every single time I touch my server.

2020-10-08 16_46_18-Window.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20201008-1650.zip

2020-10-08 17_05_48-Window_LI.jpg

2020-10-08 17_48_53-Window.jpg

2020-10-08 18_33_20-Window_LI.jpg

Edited by in_trauma

hi im new to nc and unraid about 6 months or so. i am trying to update my nc to version 20 but am having issues with updating. i keep getting a message when i am at the updater that there are extra files. 

Initializing

Current version is 20.0.0 RC2.
Update to Nextcloud 20.0.0 available. (channel: "beta")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-20.0.0.zip
Open changelog ↗
Retry update

Check for expected files

The following extra files have been found:

._index.html

._.user.ini

._core

._index.php

._config

._AUTHORS

._resources

._remote.php

._public.php

._updater

._ocs

._ocm-provider

._COPYING

._cron.php

._console.php

._version.php

._status.php

._lib

._ocs-provider

._3rdparty

._robots.txt

._themes

._occ

._.htaccess

.DS_Store

._.DS_Store

._apps

On 10/6/2020 at 6:38 PM, CorneliousJD said:

I'm still looking for MORE optimization if anyone has any advice on that. 

Just to give you some tips i have found to work for me if you can do it ofc. I have all my nextcloud data on dedicated ssd's and the appdata and database running on an nvme. these changes improved my experience so much. everything was super snappy.. all users have also been asking what i have done as their experience has been greatly improved also. I am still running mariaDB and havent migrated that... its possible that may improve things further for me but i havent felt the need as things are very very snappy now.

Just a quick question... I have just updated to v20. I got the following warning in relation to the encryption...

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

The old server-side-encryption format is enabled. We recommend disabling this. For more details see the documentation.

Which goes on to tell me to check files and then disable encryption... I have scanned the files as suggested but im just wondering should i decrypt the files rather than just disable the encryption as suggested? Or what is the best way to deal with this? I tried searching the thread for this but didnt see anything about it. cheers

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction to update. NextCloud is showing that I’m running 18.0.7 and that the latest version is 18.0.10 but it keeps hanging on the update. I also know version 20 just came out. How does one upgrade to the latest version? Thanks. 
Do you have to select beta channel and go through the betas till you reach 20

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk