[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

55 minutes ago, skois said:

Always have backups ofc

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

I have Appdata backup/restore plugin but for some reason the only backup it has is from last night at 3:00am. I have it set to do a weekly backup, I guess it erases the last weeks everytime it does one.

(edit: looks like I had it set to delete if the backup was more than 1 day old.... LOL not sure what good that type of backup does)

Edited by Mustangf22
11 minutes ago, Mustangf22 said:

I have Appdata backup/restore plugin but for some reason the only backup it has is from last night at 3:00am. I have it set to do a weekly backup, I guess it erases the last weeks everytime it does one.

(edit: looks like I had it set to delete if the backup was more than 1 day old.... LOL not sure what good that type of backup does)

Ouch! i have set it to 3. i find its the sweet spot. 
Any luck repairing?

1 minute ago, Mustangf22 said:

no, I think that that is beyond me...

Aah, sorry. if you dont have any data on plugins like tasks/calendar etc. You can start a db from scratch and 

occ files:scan --all 
occ files:scan-app-data

if you dont have any private data and you dont mind. i can give it a try to repair your db. just send me a zip of your appdata (broken)

Hey everyone,

I have looked around and haven't quite found a solution for this issue. I seem to be having Gateway Timeout errors when trying to upload files that are around 2GB+ in size across my reverse proxy setup (NGINX Proxy Manager). Below is a sample of the Errors I have gotten:

217909210_InkedMove5GBFileError_Edit.thumb.jpg.cbfdf2434c7b028a6e32dfd4216bef23.jpg

153498238_UpdateError.PNG.31952da95f491e1b18b538d139211aa3.PNG

These issues have been happening ever since I started with NextCloud, and I am trying to figure out how to work around them. Eventually the updates/uploads do go through, but that is usually 20 minutes after they initially fail. Does anyone know what this could be? I have tried editing various config files to allow for larger file sizes, but it looks like nothing has worked so far.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! This has been on my "IT To-Do" list since last March and I would love to finally figure all of this out!

4 hours ago, HomelabHobbyistSK said:

Hey everyone,

I have looked around and haven't quite found a solution for this issue. I seem to be having Gateway Timeout errors when trying to upload files that are around 2GB+ in size across my reverse proxy setup (NGINX Proxy Manager). Below is a sample of the Errors I have gotten:

217909210_InkedMove5GBFileError_Edit.thumb.jpg.cbfdf2434c7b028a6e32dfd4216bef23.jpg

153498238_UpdateError.PNG.31952da95f491e1b18b538d139211aa3.PNG

These issues have been happening ever since I started with NextCloud, and I am trying to figure out how to work around them. Eventually the updates/uploads do go through, but that is usually 20 minutes after they initially fail. Does anyone know what this could be? I have tried editing various config files to allow for larger file sizes, but it looks like nothing has worked so far.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! This has been on my "IT To-Do" list since last March and I would love to finally figure all of this out!

I'm am only replying because I don't see anyone else replying yet, but I do know a work around to your problem. If you want to simply copy the files you are wanting to upload to your nexcloud share within your user's files you can then use OCC commands to scan the new files to add them to Nextcloud.

3 minutes ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

I'm on latest on gui and when I do docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar says up to date. =/

If you look at the beginning of this thread you will see information on how to update. It has been asked many times on this thread as well. In short you do it through the Nextcloud UI in settings under overview. Spaceinvaderone also has some videos to show you how.

7 minutes ago, Mustangf22 said:

If you look at the beginning of this thread you will see information on how to update. It has been asked many times on this thread as well. In short you do it through the Nextcloud UI in settings under overview. Spaceinvaderone also has some videos to show you how.

I've followed that.  I'm constantly stuck at this command.

"root@Media:~# docker exec -it nextcloud occ upgrade

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

Setting log level to debug
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level"

2 minutes ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

I've followed that.  I'm constantly stuck at this command.

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available

Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed
Resetting log level"

oof... Yeah I can't help with that. sorry. That would be the blind leading the blind. Good luck! I did have something like that happen to me before though. I just gave up and never updated... Yeah I know I'm not much help

18 minutes ago, Mustangf22 said:

oof... Yeah I can't help with that. sorry. That would be the blind leading the blind. Good luck! I did have something like that happen to me before though. I just gave up and never updated... Yeah I know I'm not much help

No worries!

When I enter this command:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

It says this:  

Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 20.0.1.

Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-17.0.10.zip
Open changelog ↗

Still saying this as well:

Update failed
Resetting log level"

Also this:

I'm at a loss....

Edited by GreenEyedMonster
2 hours ago, Mustangf22 said:

I'm am only replying because I don't see anyone else replying yet, but I do know a work around to your problem. If you want to simply copy the files you are wanting to upload to your nexcloud share within your user's files you can then use OCC commands to scan the new files to add them to Nextcloud.

I appreciate that advice! Using the occ commands work perfectly fine for me, but I have a few family members who wouldn't be able to do that unfortunately. I just think the main issue for me is finding out what is causing the "504 Gateway Time-Out to MOVE" error, as I am unsure if this is something within Nextcloud, or if this could be my config within NGINX Proxy Manager :(

Something weird with nextcloud happened to me today. I was trying to add another external mount. I was running 19.0.4 version of nextcloud on unraid 6.8.3. After editing all the details under Add new Path in nextcloud container I hit Apply and was welcomed with an error. I thought its a standard mistake with paths, etc. so I wanted to try again. To my surprise the nextcloud container is gone. It doesn't show up among other containers. The service is not running - I cannot connect to it both locally and externally. I don't even know what to start with and what info I can provide you with to help me with this issue?

There is still a nextcloud folder in appdata. Please help;)

1 hour ago, Januszmirek said:

Something weird with nextcloud happened to me today. I was trying to add another external mount. I was running 19.0.4 version of nextcloud on unraid 6.8.3. After editing all the details under Add new Path in nextcloud container I hit Apply and was welcomed with an error. I thought its a standard mistake with paths, etc. so I wanted to try again. To my surprise the nextcloud container is gone. It doesn't show up among other containers. The service is not running - I cannot connect to it both locally and externally. I don't even know what to start with and what info I can provide you with to help me with this issue?

There is still a nextcloud folder in appdata. Please help;)

This has nothing to do with the container, so please open a thread in the correct place.

When there is an error when trying to create your container the previous container has already been removed and therefore you don't see it in the list as it's not there. You can probably re-install it from previous apps in CA.

1 minute ago, saarg said:

This has nothing to do with the container, so please open a thread in the correct place.

When there is an error when trying to create your container the previous container has already been removed and therefore you don't see it in the list as it's not there. You can probably re-install it from previous apps in CA.

Perhaps, I did not word it correctly. I don't know what is the reason for this issue. I did not reinstall it yet. What I am concerned about is if I reinstall it would it mean loosing all configuration? Do I need to start the config from scratch? I spent a lot of time configuring it and wouldn't want to loose it. Can you conform I can reinstall it with no risk of loosing configuration? Thanks

I am getting this error;

he server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

Remote Address: 

Request ID: JhzmhqeirJKI2Jj5PQpX

I found it in the nextcloud log;

{"reqId":"JhzmhqeirJKI2Jj5PQpX","level":3,"time":"2020-11-11T17:06:01+00:00","remoteAddr":"x.x.x.x","user":"admin1","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/settings/user","message":{"Exception":"OCP\\Files\\NotPermittedException","Message":"Could not create path","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/SimpleFS/SimpleFolder.php","line":84,"function":"newFile","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\Folder","type":"->","args":["47cd-07c5-settings.css"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/SCSSCacher.php","line":312,"function":"newFile","class":"OC\\Files\\SimpleFS\\SimpleFolder","type":"->","args":["47cd-07c5-settings.css"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/SCSSCacher.php","line":182,"function":"cache","class":"OC\\Template\\SCSSCacher","type":"->","args":["/config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/css","47cd-07c5-settings.css","settings.scss",{"__class__":"OC\\Files\\SimpleFS\\SimpleFolder"},"/apps/settings/css"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/CSSResourceLocator.php","line":110,"function":"process","class":"OC\\Template\\SCSSCacher","type":"->","args":["/config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings","css/settings.scss","settings"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/CSSResourceLocator.php","line":85,"function":"cacheAndAppendScssIfExist","class":"OC\\Template\\CSSResourceLocator","type":"->","args":["/config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings","css/settings.scss","settings"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/ResourceLocator.php","line":78,"function":"doFind","class":"OC\\Template\\CSSResourceLocator","type":"->","args":["css/settings"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/

I've found that this file {"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php" does not exist in the specified place

Not sure how this occurred and not sure how to get it back. 

23 hours ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

No worries!

When I enter this command:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

It says this:  

Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 20.0.1.

Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-17.0.10.zip
Open changelog ↗

Still saying this as well:

Update failed
Resetting log level"

Also this:

I'm at a loss....

I figured it out!  For some reason my config.php file, location on my server at nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config was on 17.0.1.  It changed back for some reason.  I imagine that I didn't delete an old backup when I started the update process.  By using "nano config.php" and changing the version to 20.0.1 it let me start the upgrade process and finish it.  Dashboard is nice!

3 hours ago, Januszmirek said:

Perhaps, I did not word it correctly. I don't know what is the reason for this issue. I did not reinstall it yet. What I am concerned about is if I reinstall it would it mean loosing all configuration? Do I need to start the config from scratch? I spent a lot of time configuring it and wouldn't want to loose it. Can you conform I can reinstall it with no risk of loosing configuration? Thanks

This is the reason it's better to open your own thread as this is not related to this specific container, but CA/unraids docker system.

Re-installing from previous apps should use the same template as when the error happened.

3 minutes ago, tmor2 said:

How do I update my next cloud to version 20.x?

In Settings->Overview it says

Nextcloud 17.0.1

The version you are running is not maintained anymore. Please make sure to update to a supported version as soon as possible.

A new version is available: Nextcloud 17.0.10

I don't see an option to update directly to 20.x

My docker container (UNRAID->Docker) is up-to-date.

Any help?

Hey Tmor2,

From within the NextCloud Settings > Administration > Overview page, does it have any option to update present? I was stuck on 17.0.1 as well, but I had to install the Upgrade to version 18.x, then 19.x (Current Stable Release Available). If you don't see any option to upgrade, can you post a screenshot of what you can see?

Hi there,

yesterday, I installed NextCloud and then SWAG, nextcloud was working fine from LAN, but now that I have SWAG set up, Nextcloud only works over external network on my cell (https://nextcloud.mydomain.com), if I'm connected to wifi it wouldn't work.

When I'm on LAN, whether I try [local ip]:444 or https://nextcloud.mydomain.com, I can't access Nextcloud...

I read it somewhere about nat loopack, but my router that I got from fiber ips doesn't have the option... could you point me into what are my alternative? found it weird that I can't even access via  [local ip]:444...