[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

4 hours ago, BrunoVic said:

All I did was upgrade the docker image and it stopped working with the error I mentioned earlier. I also mentioned that I have no idea where the logs are to give to you.

Error:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 1.20.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 1.21.12 PM.png

"Sounds like" Swag conf file might need modifying.  The logs and conf files with personal stuff blocked out would be great 🙂

Look at Spaceinvader One's YT vids on this:

23 minutes ago, BrunoVic said:

What does this have to do with the reverse proxy? I am getting this error when I try to access the web interface through the IP:PORT address. Second like I said I have no idea what log files I need to be providing nor do I know where they are located.

4 hours ago, BrunoVic said:

Look I may not know much about docker but I am a network engineer. I know that a reverse proxy is not involved when you use an IP:PORT address to access the container. The purpose of the reverse proxy is to resolve DOMAIN NAMES to IP:PORT. That isn't what is happening here. But since you asked for the reverse proxy configs here you go. I just think you are TS the wrong thing.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.26.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.30.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.31.06 PM.png

Is your database server running correctly?

Has anyone managed to get Preview Generator to generate previews for video files? I'm trying to use Nextcloud as a replacement for the iCloud Photo Library but previews aren't generated for any of the videos in the Nextcloud iOS app nor the web interface.

After a lot of googling I got Preview Generator up and running (although I need to tweak it to stop it from generating lots of sizes I don't require), however I can't find anything specifically for Unraid in relation to getting video previews working with it. 

Some sort of guide or pointers for how to get this working would be amazing.

15 hours ago, BrunoVic said:

Look I may not know much about docker but I am a network engineer. I know that a reverse proxy is not involved when you use an IP:PORT address to access the container. The purpose of the reverse proxy is to resolve DOMAIN NAMES to IP:PORT. That isn't what is happening here. But since you asked for the reverse proxy configs here you go. I just think you are TS the wrong thing.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.26.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.30.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.31.06 PM.png

AGAIN, i'm asking also for LOGS which i explained where to get them 3-4 posts above. The reason i ask also for Reverse proxy config/logs is, if you have 'overwritehost' => nc.domain.com, with will redirect you to your reverse proxy. 
Please if you need help, provide the asked info. otherwise is like asking us to GUESS what it MIGHT be going on.

Also post the docker temp/logs of your database

On 12/25/2020 at 5:08 PM, skois said:

About the assembling chunks problem, i found a fix.

Go to NginxProxyManager edit your nextcloud proxy host, Go to advanced tab.

Now copy the location block from your nextcloud.conf and add the following lines:

(Set the times to your liking. I was doing some testing and had this big times. Also depends on your net speed. From my testing the time you need is time_to_upload + time_to_assemble_the_chunks, so on big uploads that needs eg. 1hour to upload you need like 1hour and 5 minutes timeout).

proxy_connect_timeout 1d;
proxy_send_timeout 1d;
proxy_read_timeout 1d;
send_timeout 1d;

The pasted conf on your advanced tab should be like this:

location / {

proxy_connect_timeout 1d;
proxy_send_timeout 1d;
proxy_read_timeout 1d;
send_timeout 1d;

# Force SSL
    include conf.d/include/force-ssl.conf;

# Proxy!
    include conf.d/include/proxy.conf;
  }

# Custom
  include /data/nginx/custom/server_proxy[.]conf;
}

When I added these timeout settings to the advanced tab I still got the error so there might've been something else missing from my setup too. But thanks for your help still. I actually decided to switch to swag container to also benefit from the fail2ban. I also found a solution for the local access for transferring files faster. So in the end I actually changed your recommended timeout values in the nextcloud's own nginx.conf file so they should be applied when I access locally and avoid timeouts with bigger files so I wouldn't have to upload these over the Internet. So thank you, you actually made me read and learn a bit about nginx to understand what's happening.

43 minutes ago, servererror said:

When I added these timeout settings to the advanced tab I still got the error so there might've been something else missing from my setup too. But thanks for your help still. I actually decided to switch to swag container to also benefit from the fail2ban. I also found a solution for the local access for transferring files faster. So in the end I actually changed your recommended timeout values in the nextcloud's own nginx.conf file so they should be applied when I access locally and avoid timeouts with bigger files so I wouldn't have to upload these over the Internet. So thank you, you actually made me read and learn a bit about nginx to understand what's happening.

You added the whole block on the advanced tab right? Not only the 4 lines.

I still find this very hacky. I wanna start looking on the traefic instead of swag, but need to read a lot! 
I had a talk the other day with someone that used both traefic and nginx and HAproxy, he had simillar problems with nginx and haproxy but no with traefic.

44 minutes ago, skois said:

You added the whole block on the advanced tab right? Not only the 4 lines.

I still find this very hacky. I wanna start looking on the traefic instead of swag, but need to read a lot! 
I had a talk the other day with someone that used both traefic and nginx and HAproxy, he had simillar problems with nginx and haproxy but no with traefic.

Not even sure at this point, but I think I actually tried both ways. But if I remember correctly, the conf file for the nginx proxy manager's nextcloud host actually looked the same with and without the location block in the advanced tab.
I used traefik about a year ago or so and it definitely seemed easier compared to nginx, but there wasn't much info about it back then from users so finding solutions to things were more difficult. But it seems like more and more people are starting to use it now. Maybe should do some digging indeed if I'll find a way to add fail2ban without swag, because that's kind of the only reason I switched to swag at all right now.

18 minutes ago, servererror said:

Not even sure at this point, but I think I actually tried both ways. But if I remember correctly, the conf file for the nginx proxy manager's nextcloud host actually looked the same with and without the location block in the advanced tab.
I used traefik about a year ago or so and it definitely seemed easier compared to nginx, but there wasn't much info about it back then from users so finding solutions to things were more difficult. But it seems like more and more people are starting to use it now. Maybe should do some digging indeed if I'll find a way to add fail2ban without swag, because that's kind of the only reason I switched to swag at all right now.

Hmm if the conf didn't change there might be something wrong in the adv tab. Anyway, i have to dig in traefik, i only heared about it a week ago! 

I just upgraded my main server to version 20.04.

Now i get an error when I select "all files".

"You do not have permission to upload or create files here"

If I select "shares" or "recents", it displays files.

Other users are working fine.

I feel it might be a quota issue.

My user has 550gb of flies in it. 

Other users have less and are working.

If I revert to version 19.6, everything works again.

Any ideas??

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

I just upgraded my main server to version 20.04.

Now i get an error when I select "all files".

"You do not have permission to upload or create files here"

If I select "shares" or "recents", it displays files.

Other users are working fine.

I feel it might be a quota issue.

My user has 550gb of flies in it. 

Other users have less and are working.

If I revert to version 19.6, everything works again.

Any ideas??

Maybe check the Settings > Logging if the errors there are more helpful on what's going on.

On 12/21/2020 at 4:04 PM, Ashashaneil said:

When I am in my NextCloud UI, it shows that v18.0.2 is available in Stable channel. However, LinuxServer shows v20.0.3-ls111 is the latest release. When I run the command "docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar", it also shows the latest version as v18.0.2. So what am I missing?

Anyone have any ideas on how I can upgrade from v18 to the latest version?

Attempting to update from 19.0.3 to 19.0.6 (what the GUI says is available).  Have tried GUI method a few times over the last month and it always fails.

Tried the manual method today and it continues to fail.  Below is the error it gives.

I'm also unable to now login to the GUI.  Slightly concerned but am sure someone here can point the way.  Attached is a screenshot of the GUI.  Clicking "start update" give the same error listed below copied from the command line.

Also added a screenshot after running the repair & updater commands from a few pages back.  It shows I'm on 19.0.3 but trying to update to 18.0.12.  So now I'm really confused.

ETA: I added a new screenshot while trying to update via command line.  Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
Last login: Sat Jan  2 14:04:38 -0600 2021 on /dev/pts/2.
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Updating database schema
Updated database
Checking for update of app accessibility in appstore
Checked for update of app "accessibility" in appstore
Checking for update of app activity in appstore
Checked for update of app "activity" in appstore
Checking for update of app bruteforcesettings in appstore
Checked for update of app "bruteforcesettings" in appstore
Checking for update of app calendar in appstore
Checked for update of app "calendar" in appstore
Checking for update of app cloud_federation_api in appstore
Checked for update of app "cloud_federation_api" in appstore
Checking for update of app comments in appstore
Checked for update of app "comments" in appstore
Checking for update of app contactsinteraction in appstore
Checked for update of app "contactsinteraction" in appstore
Checking for update of app dav in appstore
Checked for update of app "dav" in appstore
Checking for update of app federatedfilesharing in appstore
Checked for update of app "federatedfilesharing" in appstore
Checking for update of app federation in appstore
Checked for update of app "federation" in appstore
Checking for update of app files in appstore
Checked for update of app "files" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_pdfviewer in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_pdfviewer" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_rightclick in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_rightclick" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_sharing in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_sharing" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_trashbin in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_trashbin" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_versions in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_versions" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_videoplayer in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_videoplayer" in appstore
Checking for update of app firstrunwizard in appstore
Checked for update of app "firstrunwizard" in appstore
Checking for update of app logreader in appstore
Checked for update of app "logreader" in appstore
Checking for update of app lookup_server_connector in appstore
Checked for update of app "lookup_server_connector" in appstore
Checking for update of app nextcloud_announcements in appstore
Checked for update of app "nextcloud_announcements" in appstore
Checking for update of app notifications in appstore
Checked for update of app "notifications" in appstore
Checking for update of app oauth2 in appstore
Checked for update of app "oauth2" in appstore
Checking for update of app password_policy in appstore
Checked for update of app "password_policy" in appstore
Checking for update of app photos in appstore
Checked for update of app "photos" in appstore
Checking for update of app privacy in appstore
Checked for update of app "privacy" in appstore
Checking for update of app provisioning_api in appstore
Checked for update of app "provisioning_api" in appstore
Checking for update of app recommendations in appstore
Checked for update of app "recommendations" in appstore
Checking for update of app serverinfo in appstore
Checked for update of app "serverinfo" in appstore
Checking for update of app settings in appstore
Checked for update of app "settings" in appstore
Checking for update of app sharebymail in appstore
Checked for update of app "sharebymail" in appstore
Checking for update of app support in appstore
Checked for update of app "support" in appstore
Checking for update of app survey_client in appstore
Checked for update of app "survey_client" in appstore
Checking for update of app systemtags in appstore
Checked for update of app "systemtags" in appstore
Checking for update of app text in appstore
Checked for update of app "text" in appstore
Checking for update of app theming in appstore
Checked for update of app "theming" in appstore
Checking for update of app twofactor_backupcodes in appstore
Checked for update of app "twofactor_backupcodes" in appstore
Checking for update of app twofactor_totp in appstore
Checked for update of app "twofactor_totp" in appstore
Checking for update of app twofactor_u2f in appstore
Checked for update of app "twofactor_u2f" in appstore
Checking for update of app updatenotification in appstore
Checked for update of app "updatenotification" in appstore
Checking for update of app viewer in appstore
Checked for update of app "viewer" in appstore
Checking for update of app workflowengine in appstore
Checked for update of app "workflowengine" in appstore
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Class 'Doctrine\DBAL\Types\Types' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/user_status/lib/Migration/Version0001Date20200602134824.php:52
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(478): OCA\UserStatus\Migration\Version0001Date20200602134824->changeSchema(Object(OC\Migration\SimpleOutput), Object(Closure), Array)
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(414): OC\DB\MigrationService->executeStep('0001Date2020060...', false)
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(587): OC\DB\MigrationService->migrate()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(541): OC\Installer::installShippedApp('user_status')
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(266): OC\Installer::installShippedApps(true)
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(130): OC\Updater->doUpgrade('19.0.3.1', '18.0.1.3')
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(255): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1012): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(272): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\Core\Command\Upgrade), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#14 {main}root@Tower:~#

nc.png

Screenshot 2021-01-02 145155.png

Screenshot 2021-01-03 150634.png

Edited by ur6969
2 hours ago, Ashashaneil said:

Anyone have any ideas on how I can upgrade from v18 to the latest version?

When you do the updates you have to go through them sequentially. So if you are on 18.02, updates will probably want you to go to 18.09 first. It will then offer 19.06 which was the last version of v19 and then it will proceed to 20.04.

I found you have to do some database fixes along the way to get the green check tick.

4 hours ago, skois said:

Maybe check the Settings > Logging if the errors there are more helpful on what's going on.

Looks like this is the culprit.

WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

Any ideas where this setting resides?

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Looks like this is the culprit.

WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

Any ideas where this setting resides?

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/php/www2.conf
The above file is the override file, changing the default wont keep the changes after a docker update

This is what i have configured mine. The whole file is copied here

; Edit this file to override www.conf and php-fpm.conf directives and restart the container

; Pool name
[www]
; Tune PHP-FPM https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/server_tuning.html#tune-php-fpm

pm = dynamic
pm.max_children = 150
pm.start_servers = 15
pm.min_spare_servers = 10
pm.max_spare_servers = 30

On 12/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, kerpster said:

Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all that celebrate... i finally got my web interface back up and working but when i go to settings i get the following error:

Access forbidden

App is not enabled

By any chance does anyone know how to correct this issue so i can get Nextcloud Updated?

Has anyone figured this out? Same here. 

On 5/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, Findus said:

I found a workaround for the 504 Error while setting up Nextcloud with MariaDB.

Maybee this will help you guys, as I saw you had the same problems as I did: 

@Curious_George @daveo132

Steps:

1. Install Nextcloud without external DB (on SQLite)
  2. Migrate DB from SQLite to MariaDB

--------------------------------------------

Install Nextcloud and MariaDB as described in the tutorials

(Like: https://blog.linuxserver.io/2017/05/10/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid-with-letsencrypt-reverse-proxy/ or in the Spaceinvader One Video)

• Setup MariaDB Docker
  • Create DB User, Database and grant rights
  • Setup Nextcloud Docker
  • Choose the SQLite selected as standard instead of the MariaDB you just initiated
  • Nextcloud should now work (even if the error comes up)

Now we have a functional Nextcloud on SQLite, thanks to the buildin occ tool we can now migrate to MariaDB.

Migrate DB to MariaDB

(See also Nextcloud Documentation: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/configuration_database/db_conversion.html)

• Open Unraid Terminal
  • Open Nextcloud Docker Terminal signing in as user "abc" (technical nextcloud user): 

docker exec -it -u abc nextcloud sh

• Navigate to Nextcloud directory: 

cd /config/www/nextcloud/

• Run OCC DB:Convert-Type Tool filling in the MariaDB (type mysql is correct in this case) credentials: (Schema: db:convert-type [--port PORT] <type> <username> <hostname> <database>)

php occ db:convert-type --port="3306" mysql your_mariadb_user <Docker/Unraid IP> your_database_name

• You will be prompted for the MariaDB User password, and the tool will migrate the DB.

• Create missing indexes executing: 

php occ db:add-missing-indices

• Migrate some column types to bigint

php occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

• Check everything worked in the WebGui under Settings - > Administration -> Overview 

This should do the trick. ;)

I hope this also works for you!

Greetings

Findus

Hi Findus,

Following your guide it seems to work fine, but as my installation is an current installation which i've been using, i'm hit with some errors,

i'm wondering if any of u have any idea how i can fix it?

image.png.fc1d0b7f12f83dab2bbd8aeff23f5c3b.png

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, huangtf said:

Hi Findus,

Following your guide it seems to work fine, but as my installation is an current installation which i've been using, i'm hit with some errors,

i'm wondering if any of u have any idea how i can fix it?

image.png.fc1d0b7f12f83dab2bbd8aeff23f5c3b.png

***Update

I found out i got the above error due to running the update twice.

Below is the initial error

image.png.883a9ad678d2eea3ee4a835d941f36f9.png

I'm able to clear all records in the new db using the --clear-schema flag

I manage to fix the errors using the below commands

php occ config:system:set mysql.utf8mb4 --type boolean --value="true"

php occ maintenance:repair

then running the conversion again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, skois said:

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/php/www2.conf
The above file is the override file, changing the default wont keep the changes after a docker update

This is what i have configured mine. The whole file is copied here

; Edit this file to override www.conf and php-fpm.conf directives and restart the container

; Pool name
[www]
; Tune PHP-FPM https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/server_tuning.html#tune-php-fpm

pm = dynamic
pm.max_children = 150
pm.start_servers = 15
pm.min_spare_servers = 10
pm.max_spare_servers = 30

Thanks.  I'll give it a go.

15 minutes ago, BrunoVic said:

I don't have 'overwritehost' => nc.domain.com. I could have told you this. So trust me when I say that I was able to access it through both the IP:PORT and the domain name. SECOND I told you 4, 5, 6 or I don't know HOW many post before for God knows HOW MANY times that I don't know HOW TO FIND THE LOGS to provide to you. Maybe if you told me where the freaking logs were I would give them to you! I mean I started off my first post saying I don't know how to get the logs nor do I know where they are. Why is this detail that I continually repeat missed consistently?

you may should consider the art you ask for help, starting with help NOW ... we are here mostly for fun and a helping each other as users ...

about your logs

- click on the docker symbol, click LOG ... a window appear with the current running docker logs

- about nextcloud nginx logs, take a look at your appdata folder, log, nginx ...

image.thumb.png.9876380bec4af5cf9de6b3e0bcccd926.png

these are startpoints where to look, as nextcloud usually is running behind a reverse proxy, thats why there was the question about the reverse proxy logs, but you should find them yourself, and thats about it from me to help with this kinda attitude.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BrunoVic said:

I don't have 'overwritehost' => nc.domain.com. I could have told you this. So trust me when I say that I was able to access it through both the IP:PORT and the domain name. SECOND I told you 4, 5, 6 or I don't know HOW many post before for God knows HOW MANY times that I don't know HOW TO FIND THE LOGS to provide to you. Maybe if you told me where the freaking logs were I would give them to you! I mean I started off my first post saying I don't know how to get the logs nor do I know where they are. Why is this detail that I continually repeat missed consistently?

I can't know if you can answer a config specific question if you cant even find logs which they are easily accessible from the GUI.

The location for the things i asked is on the bottom of this post. 5 days ago. 

Please read the answers and remember people here are doing it for FREE. If you want in the feature help in the forums, first don't use that attitude and second, do some research.  I'm pretty sure with a simple google search you can find where the logs are.
Anyway, if you manage to find the logs. Post them and we'll try to see what the problem is.

Capture.PNG

Edited by skois
Added screenshot of the mentioned post, to find it faster
8 hours ago, mispey said:

Has anyone figured this out? Same here. 

Click on the docker icon => console
run 'occ app:list' without quotes. 
this will list all the available apps and on the last rows it will tell which of them are disabled. if settings is disabled or any other essential app. 

run 'occ app:enable settings' or the name of the app you want.

Any suggestions?

I upgraded from 19 to 20 via browser and now its stuck on "Update in process".

I only see this on the logs a bunch of times.

Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php