[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 1/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, ur6969 said:

Attempting to update from 19.0.3 to 19.0.6 (what the GUI says is available).  Have tried GUI method a few times over the last month and it always fails.

Tried the manual method today and it continues to fail.  Below is the error it gives.

I'm also unable to now login to the GUI.  Slightly concerned but am sure someone here can point the way.  Attached is a screenshot of the GUI.  Clicking "start update" give the same error listed below copied from the command line.

Also added a screenshot after running the repair & updater commands from a few pages back.  It shows I'm on 19.0.3 but trying to update to 18.0.12.  So now I'm really confused.

ETA: I added a new screenshot while trying to update via command line.  Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
Last login: Sat Jan  2 14:04:38 -0600 2021 on /dev/pts/2.
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Updating database schema
Updated database
Checking for update of app accessibility in appstore
Checked for update of app "accessibility" in appstore
Checking for update of app activity in appstore
Checked for update of app "activity" in appstore
Checking for update of app bruteforcesettings in appstore
Checked for update of app "bruteforcesettings" in appstore
Checking for update of app calendar in appstore
Checked for update of app "calendar" in appstore
Checking for update of app cloud_federation_api in appstore
Checked for update of app "cloud_federation_api" in appstore
Checking for update of app comments in appstore
Checked for update of app "comments" in appstore
Checking for update of app contactsinteraction in appstore
Checked for update of app "contactsinteraction" in appstore
Checking for update of app dav in appstore
Checked for update of app "dav" in appstore
Checking for update of app federatedfilesharing in appstore
Checked for update of app "federatedfilesharing" in appstore
Checking for update of app federation in appstore
Checked for update of app "federation" in appstore
Checking for update of app files in appstore
Checked for update of app "files" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_pdfviewer in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_pdfviewer" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_rightclick in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_rightclick" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_sharing in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_sharing" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_trashbin in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_trashbin" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_versions in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_versions" in appstore
Checking for update of app files_videoplayer in appstore
Checked for update of app "files_videoplayer" in appstore
Checking for update of app firstrunwizard in appstore
Checked for update of app "firstrunwizard" in appstore
Checking for update of app logreader in appstore
Checked for update of app "logreader" in appstore
Checking for update of app lookup_server_connector in appstore
Checked for update of app "lookup_server_connector" in appstore
Checking for update of app nextcloud_announcements in appstore
Checked for update of app "nextcloud_announcements" in appstore
Checking for update of app notifications in appstore
Checked for update of app "notifications" in appstore
Checking for update of app oauth2 in appstore
Checked for update of app "oauth2" in appstore
Checking for update of app password_policy in appstore
Checked for update of app "password_policy" in appstore
Checking for update of app photos in appstore
Checked for update of app "photos" in appstore
Checking for update of app privacy in appstore
Checked for update of app "privacy" in appstore
Checking for update of app provisioning_api in appstore
Checked for update of app "provisioning_api" in appstore
Checking for update of app recommendations in appstore
Checked for update of app "recommendations" in appstore
Checking for update of app serverinfo in appstore
Checked for update of app "serverinfo" in appstore
Checking for update of app settings in appstore
Checked for update of app "settings" in appstore
Checking for update of app sharebymail in appstore
Checked for update of app "sharebymail" in appstore
Checking for update of app support in appstore
Checked for update of app "support" in appstore
Checking for update of app survey_client in appstore
Checked for update of app "survey_client" in appstore
Checking for update of app systemtags in appstore
Checked for update of app "systemtags" in appstore
Checking for update of app text in appstore
Checked for update of app "text" in appstore
Checking for update of app theming in appstore
Checked for update of app "theming" in appstore
Checking for update of app twofactor_backupcodes in appstore
Checked for update of app "twofactor_backupcodes" in appstore
Checking for update of app twofactor_totp in appstore
Checked for update of app "twofactor_totp" in appstore
Checking for update of app twofactor_u2f in appstore
Checked for update of app "twofactor_u2f" in appstore
Checking for update of app updatenotification in appstore
Checked for update of app "updatenotification" in appstore
Checking for update of app viewer in appstore
Checked for update of app "viewer" in appstore
Checking for update of app workflowengine in appstore
Checked for update of app "workflowengine" in appstore
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Class 'Doctrine\DBAL\Types\Types' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/user_status/lib/Migration/Version0001Date20200602134824.php:52
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(478): OCA\UserStatus\Migration\Version0001Date20200602134824->changeSchema(Object(OC\Migration\SimpleOutput), Object(Closure), Array)
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(414): OC\DB\MigrationService->executeStep('0001Date2020060...', false)
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(587): OC\DB\MigrationService->migrate()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(541): OC\Installer::installShippedApp('user_status')
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(266): OC\Installer::installShippedApps(true)
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(130): OC\Updater->doUpgrade('19.0.3.1', '18.0.1.3')
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(255): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1012): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(272): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\Core\Command\Upgrade), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#14 {main}root@Tower:~#

nc.png

Screenshot 2021-01-02 145155.png

Screenshot 2021-01-03 150634.png

I hate to bump this so soon but do not know what to try next.

I hate to bump this so soon but do not know what to try next.
In your config file there is a line stating your version. Change it to the 19.0.3, also on your app data folder there is an updater folder, delete the downloaded files if any.
And try again updater.phar.
Not sure if it will work. But this is what I would do

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Here is what I do know. EVERYTHING was working fine. Then I do a Docker update and nothing is working anymore and I get this cryptic error. This isn't a problem setting up Nextcloud. This is a problem with it just stopped working after an update. I have no clue what "server log" that message is referring to. Otherwise I would have used it to troubleshoot the problem.

Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.More details can be found in the server log.

You keep ignoring replies that shows you how to get your logs. Sorry but can't help anymore.

3 hours ago, skois said:

In your config file there is a line stating your version. Change it to the 19.0.3, also on your app data folder there is an updater folder, delete the downloaded files if any.
And try again updater.phar.
Not sure if it will work. But this is what I would do

THANK YOU!  This worked.  Took a roundabout way but I think I figured out what had happened.

Back in September my server crashed and I had to go back to an older CA Backup & Restore backup of everything.  While that saved everything, I remember now Nextcloud was being finicky about updating back then and must have been halfway through the process when it crashed.  Also an older tar.gz file had never been cleared out and I had to delete it this time to make it all work when I used the command line occ upgrade steps.

I'm now on 20.0.4. 

• Like 1
THANK YOU!  This worked.  Took a roundabout way but I think I figured out what had happened.

Back in September my server crashed and I had to go back to an older CA Backup & Restore backup of everything.  While that saved everything, I remember now Nextcloud was being finicky about updating back then and must have been halfway through the process when it crashed.  Also an older tar.gz file had never been cleared out and I had to delete it this time to make it all work when I used the command line occ upgrade steps.

I'm now on 20.0.4. 
Good to hear!

I always have a second nextcloud instance (db and everything) to test updates and apps! And test things! Saved me couple of times!

15 hours ago, BrunoVic said:

Here is what I do know. EVERYTHING was working fine. Then I do a Docker update and nothing is working anymore and I get this cryptic error. This isn't a problem setting up Nextcloud. This is a problem with it just stopped working after an update. I have no clue what "server log" that message is referring to. Otherwise I would have used it to troubleshoot the problem.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

What is with the attitude?

I asked about a pretty simple question which you should be able to answer if you remember how you set up nextloud. When settin up nextloud you choose a database and you need to check if that is running if it's an external one. If you chose sqlite, it's in nextloud and it might be corrupt.

All we know is that you scream, like a child, that your nextcloud doesn't work and doesn't supply any info that were asked for. Not much we can do to help then.

• Like 1

I am using the Password App in nextcloud. For the last couple of months they have been seeing warnings that PHP 7.3.25 is not going to be support in there next update. In looking at first i seen that nextcloud is using php 7.3.25 and thought that by the end of the year it would update to 7.4. I have just updated to 20.0.4 and i am still seeing that its on 7.3.25.

is there going to be an update that goes to php 7.4 or is there a support way to update php on my docker.

thanks.

4 hours ago, Fitz1015 said:

I am using the Password App in nextcloud. For the last couple of months they have been seeing warnings that PHP 7.3.25 is not going to be support in there next update. In looking at first i seen that nextcloud is using php 7.3.25 and thought that by the end of the year it would update to 7.4. I have just updated to 20.0.4 and i am still seeing that its on 7.3.25.

is there going to be an update that goes to php 7.4 or is there a support way to update php on my docker.

thanks.

Not until Alpine linux releases 3.13 and we rebase to the new version.

• Like 1
On 12/13/2019 at 6:30 AM, SliMat said:

Hi all...

My Nextcloud docker keeps freezing and is completely unresponsive. When I try to access the WebGUI it is not accessible at all and when I try to shut it down it never stops.

I tried "docker kill nextcloud" which didn't help.

So far the only way I have managed to shut it down is to close all my VMs and other dockers... then stop the array (which even when stopped still shows Nextcloud as running)... then to power off the server - which always fails, possibly because the unresponsive Nextcloud docker is hanging it... so I have to force a shut down which means a parity check is invoked every time I reboot.

I am running UnRAID 6.5.0 as whenever I have upgraded past here I lose remote control of the machine and as its in a datacenter its 120 mile round trip to pop in and fix it!

Any thoughts on where to start looking would be appreciated before I build a Linux VM to host it ;-)

Thanks

Nextcloud1.jpg

I'm having a very similar issue - how did you solve?   I never saw a follow up or response to your post?  

16 hours ago, Fitz1015 said:

thanks.

Hi,

I got same problem.

Anyway i downgraded Passwords app to version 2020.12.1 in order to be able to use it with PHP 7.3 until Alpine 3.13 will be release.

Downgrade app procedure is there:

https://git.mdns.eu/nextcloud/passwords/wikis/Administrators/Migrations/Minimum-Requirement-Error

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jibo78 said:

Hi,

I got same problem.

Anyway i downgraded Passwords app to version 2020.12.1 in order to be able to use it with PHP 7.3 until Alpine 3.13 will be release.

Downgrade app procedure is there:

https://git.mdns.eu/nextcloud/passwords/wikis/Administrators/Migrations/Minimum-Requirement-Error

thanks for that. i have not updated the app yet just because of the php issue. :)

This is just a tip because I spent so blinking long figuring this out.

Traefik v1 Users (and indeed all Traefik/Reverse Proxy users) - an additional label is required. Source article which helped me figure it out. 

The important label you must add, which you would not usually add, is:

"traefik.protocol=https"

Unraid style screenshot attached.

Selection_001.png

Hello community! I need help. I am going NUTS with Nextcloud after "some" updates.

I can not finish a sync using the local client, I always end with "Connection timed out".

Sync runs for 5 to 10 minutes then fails.

My setup:

- Unraid 6.9.0-rc2

- Nextcloud Server version: 20.0.4.0

- Nextcloud Client version: 3.1.1 (Windows 10 Pro)

- mariaDB: 10.4.17

- swag: latest version (not sure how to retrieve it)

- pfsense 2.4.5 in HA with dual WAN (one fixed IP, one dynamic IP, using CARP addresses for LAN and CARP with double NAT for WANs) - using pfBLocker as well

image.png.0142fb718f0373b353980db7c48538b5.png

Client log:

2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:    file: Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml, instruction: INSTRUCTION_NEW <<=
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12/WebContent/WEB-INF with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12/WebContent with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12 with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.csync ]:    Update detection for local replica took 24.897 seconds walking 115560 files
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.csync ]:    ## Starting remote discovery ##
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ debug nextcloud.sync.discovery ]    [ OCC::DiscoveryJob::remote_vio_opendir_hook ]:    OCC::DiscoveryJob(0x164d735abf0)  Calling into main thread...
2021-01-05 15:43:39:302 [ info nextcloud.sync.accessmanager ]:    6 "PROPFIND" "https://nextcloud.SOMEURL/remote.php/dav/files/SOMEUSER/" has X-Request-ID "95804035-2971-4dd6-b429-5ee28dcee485"
2021-01-05 15:43:39:303 [ debug nextcloud.sync.cookiejar ]    [ OCC::CookieJar::cookiesForUrl ]:    QUrl("https://nextcloud.SOMEURL/remote.php/dav/files/SOMEUSER/") requests: (QNetworkCookie("oc_sessionPassphrase=SOMEPASSPHRASE; secure; HttpOnly; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"), QNetworkCookie("__Host-nc_sameSiteCookielax=true; secure; HttpOnly; expires=Fri, 31-Dec-2100 23:59:59 GMT; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"), QNetworkCookie("__Host-nc_sameSiteCookiestrict=true; secure; HttpOnly; expires=Fri, 31-Dec-2100 23:59:59 GMT; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"), QNetworkCookie("SOMECOOKIE; secure; HttpOnly; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"))
2021-01-05 15:43:39:304 [ info nextcloud.sync.networkjob ]:    OCC::LsColJob created for "https://nextcloud.SOMEURL" + "" "OCC::DiscoverySingleDirectoryJob"
2021-01-05 15:43:40:655 [ debug nextcloud.gui.account.state ]    [ OCC::AccountState::checkConnectivity ]:    "[email protected]" The last ETag check succeeded within the last  30  secs. No connection check needed!
2021-01-05 15:43:40:656 [ warning nextcloud.sync.networkjob ]:    Network job timeout QUrl("https://nextcloud.SOMEURL/ocs/v1.php/cloud/user?format=json")
2021-01-05 15:43:40:658 [ info nextcloud.sync.credentials.webflow ]:    request finished
2021-01-05 15:43:40:659 [ warning nextcloud.sync.networkjob ]:    QNetworkReply::OperationCanceledError "Connection timed out" QVariant(Invalid)
2021-01-05 15:43:40:659 [ warning nextcloud.sync.credentials.webflow ]:    QNetworkReply::OperationCanceledError
2021-01-05 15:43:40:660 [ warning nextcloud.sync.credentials.webflow ]:    "Operation canceled"

At the server I see the timeout as well:

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/log/nginx# tail error.log
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(222): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_file...', Array, Array)
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Query/QueryBuilder.php(209): OC\DB\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_file...', Array, Array)
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(217): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Lock/DBLockingProvider.ph" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MKCOL /remote.php/dav/files/SOMEUSER/Nuance/Old%20Deals/20160413%20-%20Stefanini%20-%20Centro%20Clinico%20Gaucho%20-%20Marcacao%20de%20consulta/Source_Install/amil_rj/WebContent/dialogs/management/images HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:37:06 [error] 374#374: *61235 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/3619663151/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:38:20 [error] 374#374: *61301 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/626333222/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:39:06 [error] 374#374: *61235 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/487919751/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:43:03 [error] 374#374: *61235 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/2282313457/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:45:50 [error] 374#374: *61301 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/3413090124/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:48:10 [error] 374#374: *61522 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/4013994306/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"

I tried a lot of things based on the messages of this topic:

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/php# vi php-local.ini

date.timezone = America/Sao_Paulo

upload_max_filesize=16G
memory_limit=8G
max_execution_time=7200
max_input_time=7200
post_max_size=16G
max_file_uploads = 200
default_socket_timeout = 7200

opcache.enable=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx# cat nginx.conf
## Version 2018/08/16 - Changelog: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-baseimage-alpine-nginx/commits/master/root/defaults/nginx.conf

user abc;
worker_processes 4;
pid /run/nginx.pid;
include /etc/nginx/modules/*.conf;

events {
        worker_connections 768;
        # multi_accept on;
}

http {

##
        # Basic Settings
        ##

sendfile on;
        tcp_nopush on;
        tcp_nodelay on;
        keepalive_timeout 65;
        types_hash_max_size 2048;
        # server_tokens off;

# server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
        # server_name_in_redirect off;

client_max_body_size 0;

include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
        default_type application/octet-stream;

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs# cat nextcloud.subdomain.conf

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app nextcloud;
        set $upstream_port 443;
        set $upstream_proto https;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
    }
}

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config# cat config.php
<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'SOMEID',
  'passwordsalt' => 'SOMWPWD',
  'secret' => 'SOMESECRET',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '10.0.1.5:444',
    1 => 'nextcloud.SOMEURL',
    2 => 'babybus-green.SOMEURL:444',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.SOMEURL',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud_db',
  'dbhost' => 'mariadb',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'SOMEPWD',
  'installed' => true,
  'updater.secret' => 'SOMWSECRET',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);

%APPDATA%/nextcloud/nextcloud.cfg

[General]
confirmExternalStorage=true
newBigFolderSizeLimit=50000
optionalServerNotifications=true
updateSegment=67
useNewBigFolderSizeLimit=true
crashReporter=true
monoIcons=false
showInExplorerNavigationPane=true
timeout=1900

No good resuts at all. I always get a Connection timed out.

Ok, not always. I was able to sychronize my files (around 70 GB / +- 100.000 files) bypassing swag, connecting the windows client directly to nextcloud internal ip/port 10.0.1.5:444 . No timeouts.

Another intersting information, in the server log, this error:

...HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"

The nextcloud.SOMEURL:444 is not valid inside my network. The address nextcloud.SOMEURL is mapped in the CNAME DNS servers to my fixed WAN IP and the external port is 443, not 444. 444 is the internal nextcloud docker container port. The ports are translated by SWAG (I supose) from 1443 to 444. Externally, 443 is translated to 1443 by pfsense NAT rules.

I also added an extra rule to deal with an eventual traffic camming from my internal network, going to the gateway public fixed ip and returning thru the port 444. No deal. Timeout in my client.

If I hook my notebook to my phone using 4G as an internet output it works. My conclusion is:

There is something wrong when my client executes a connection to the public CNAME of my Nextcloud from my localnetwork using this path:

Workstation -> pfSense CARP gateway address (NAT/DHCP/Firewall) -> One of my internet modem's WAN CARP output addresses (another NAT/DHCP/Firewall) -> Remote gateway (Fixed IP or Dynamic IP) -> (Some routing on the internet) -> Remote gateway Fixed IP -> Internet Modem -> pfsense -> SWAG -> Nextcloud

I tried to define a rule in my pfsense. In the local network translated nextcloud.SOMEURL to my nextcloud IP address. And I failed because the listening port is different. The connection departs seeking for port 443 but it lands on my server with port 444.

As a temporary workaround, I am using the Nextcloud direct internal address/port to connect my workstation. My client is working with https://10.0.1.5:444

The client complains about the certificate but that's life. I can live with that.

The problem is my notebook. I need to change the connection settings from my public CNAME to my internal address when I'm home and change back to the CNAME when off site. Not a big deal with this corona mess but hey, vaccine is under way. I dont want to keep change settings. I cant live with that.

Anyone with a pro tip? I could not think about an elegant solution. What puzzles me is WHY the client can reach the server but it fails randomly during sync. It must be something with my SWAG config but I dont know how to fix it.

A kind of solution would be switching the 443 port from Unraid to another random port (I dont use the 443 anyway) and tie SWAG to port 443. That might make the internal DNS translation work in my pfsense.

Edited by agarkauskas
5 hours ago, agarkauskas said:

Hello community! I need help. I am going NUTS with Nextcloud after "some" updates.

I can not finish a sync using the local client, I always end with "Connection timed out".

Sync runs for 5 to 10 minutes then fails.

My setup:

- Unraid 6.9.0-rc2

- Nextcloud Server version: 20.0.4.0

- Nextcloud Client version: 3.1.1 (Windows 10 Pro)

- mariaDB: 10.4.17

- swag: latest version (not sure how to retrieve it)

- pfsense 2.4.5 in HA with dual WAN (one fixed IP, one dynamic IP, using CARP addresses for LAN and CARP with double NAT for WANs) - using pfBLocker as well

image.png.0142fb718f0373b353980db7c48538b5.png

Client log:

2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:    file: Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml, instruction: INSTRUCTION_NEW <<=
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12/WebContent/WEB-INF with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12/WebContent with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace/WSDLSecuritySuitev12 with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud/Workspace with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.updater ]:     <= Closing walk for <SOME FOLDER>Nextcloud with read_from_db 0
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.csync ]:    Update detection for local replica took 24.897 seconds walking 115560 files
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ info nextcloud.sync.csync.csync ]:    ## Starting remote discovery ##
2021-01-05 15:39:55:482 [ debug nextcloud.sync.discovery ]    [ OCC::DiscoveryJob::remote_vio_opendir_hook ]:    OCC::DiscoveryJob(0x164d735abf0)  Calling into main thread...
2021-01-05 15:43:39:302 [ info nextcloud.sync.accessmanager ]:    6 "PROPFIND" "https://nextcloud.SOMEURL/remote.php/dav/files/SOMEUSER/" has X-Request-ID "95804035-2971-4dd6-b429-5ee28dcee485"
2021-01-05 15:43:39:303 [ debug nextcloud.sync.cookiejar ]    [ OCC::CookieJar::cookiesForUrl ]:    QUrl("https://nextcloud.SOMEURL/remote.php/dav/files/SOMEUSER/") requests: (QNetworkCookie("oc_sessionPassphrase=SOMEPASSPHRASE; secure; HttpOnly; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"), QNetworkCookie("__Host-nc_sameSiteCookielax=true; secure; HttpOnly; expires=Fri, 31-Dec-2100 23:59:59 GMT; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"), QNetworkCookie("__Host-nc_sameSiteCookiestrict=true; secure; HttpOnly; expires=Fri, 31-Dec-2100 23:59:59 GMT; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"), QNetworkCookie("SOMECOOKIE; secure; HttpOnly; domain=nextcloud.SOMEURL; path=/"))
2021-01-05 15:43:39:304 [ info nextcloud.sync.networkjob ]:    OCC::LsColJob created for "https://nextcloud.SOMEURL" + "" "OCC::DiscoverySingleDirectoryJob"
2021-01-05 15:43:40:655 [ debug nextcloud.gui.account.state ]    [ OCC::AccountState::checkConnectivity ]:    "[email protected]" The last ETag check succeeded within the last  30  secs. No connection check needed!
2021-01-05 15:43:40:656 [ warning nextcloud.sync.networkjob ]:    Network job timeout QUrl("https://nextcloud.SOMEURL/ocs/v1.php/cloud/user?format=json")
2021-01-05 15:43:40:658 [ info nextcloud.sync.credentials.webflow ]:    request finished
2021-01-05 15:43:40:659 [ warning nextcloud.sync.networkjob ]:    QNetworkReply::OperationCanceledError "Connection timed out" QVariant(Invalid)
2021-01-05 15:43:40:659 [ warning nextcloud.sync.credentials.webflow ]:    QNetworkReply::OperationCanceledError
2021-01-05 15:43:40:660 [ warning nextcloud.sync.credentials.webflow ]:    "Operation canceled"

At the server I see the timeout as well:

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/log/nginx# tail error.log
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(222): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_file...', Array, Array)
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Query/QueryBuilder.php(209): OC\DB\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_file...', Array, Array)
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(217): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Lock/DBLockingProvider.ph" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MKCOL /remote.php/dav/files/SOMEUSER/Nuance/Old%20Deals/20160413%20-%20Stefanini%20-%20Centro%20Clinico%20Gaucho%20-%20Marcacao%20de%20consulta/Source_Install/amil_rj/WebContent/dialogs/management/images HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:37:06 [error] 374#374: *61235 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/3619663151/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:38:20 [error] 374#374: *61301 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/626333222/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:39:06 [error] 374#374: *61235 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/487919751/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:43:03 [error] 374#374: *61235 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/2282313457/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:45:50 [error] 374#374: *61301 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/3413090124/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"
2021/01/05 03:48:10 [error] 374#374: *61522 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.0, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/SOMEUSER/4013994306/.file HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"

I tried a lot of things based on the messages of this topic:

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/php# vi php-local.ini

date.timezone = America/Sao_Paulo

upload_max_filesize=16G
memory_limit=8G
max_execution_time=7200
max_input_time=7200
post_max_size=16G
max_file_uploads = 200
default_socket_timeout = 7200

opcache.enable=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/nginx# cat nginx.conf
## Version 2018/08/16 - Changelog: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-baseimage-alpine-nginx/commits/master/root/defaults/nginx.conf

user abc;
worker_processes 4;
pid /run/nginx.pid;
include /etc/nginx/modules/*.conf;

events {
        worker_connections 768;
        # multi_accept on;
}

http {

##
        # Basic Settings
        ##

sendfile on;
        tcp_nopush on;
        tcp_nodelay on;
        keepalive_timeout 65;
        types_hash_max_size 2048;
        # server_tokens off;

# server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
        # server_name_in_redirect off;

client_max_body_size 0;

include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
        default_type application/octet-stream;

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs# cat nextcloud.subdomain.conf

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app nextcloud;
        set $upstream_port 443;
        set $upstream_proto https;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
    }
}

root@babybus-green:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config# cat config.php
<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'SOMEID',
  'passwordsalt' => 'SOMWPWD',
  'secret' => 'SOMESECRET',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '10.0.1.5:444',
    1 => 'nextcloud.SOMEURL',
    2 => 'babybus-green.SOMEURL:444',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.SOMEURL',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud_db',
  'dbhost' => 'mariadb',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'SOMEPWD',
  'installed' => true,
  'updater.secret' => 'SOMWSECRET',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);

%APPDATA%/nextcloud/nextcloud.cfg

[General]
confirmExternalStorage=true
newBigFolderSizeLimit=50000
optionalServerNotifications=true
updateSegment=67
useNewBigFolderSizeLimit=true
crashReporter=true
monoIcons=false
showInExplorerNavigationPane=true
timeout=1900

No good resuts at all. I always get a Connection timed out.

Ok, not always. I was able to sychronize my files (around 70 GB / +- 100.000 files) bypassing swag, connecting the windows client directly to nextcloud internal ip/port 10.0.1.5:444 . No timeouts.

Another intersting information, in the server log, this error:

...HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.SOMEURL:444"

The nextcloud.SOMEURL:444 is not valid inside my network. The address nextcloud.SOMEURL is mapped in the CNAME DNS servers to my fixed WAN IP and the external port is 443, not 444. 444 is the internal nextcloud docker container port. The ports are translated by SWAG (I supose) from 1443 to 444. Externally, 443 is translated to 1443 by pfsense NAT rules.

I also added an extra rule to deal with an eventual traffic camming from my internal network, going to the gateway public fixed ip and returning thru the port 444. No deal. Timeout in my client.

If I hook my notebook to my phone using 4G as an internet output it works. My conclusion is:

There is something wrong when my client executes a connection to the public CNAME of my Nextcloud from my localnetwork using this path:

Workstation -> pfSense CARP gateway address (NAT/DHCP/Firewall) -> One of my internet modem's WAN CARP output addresses (another NAT/DHCP/Firewall) -> Remote gateway (Fixed IP or Dynamic IP) -> (Some routing on the internet) -> Remote gateway Fixed IP -> Internet Modem -> pfsense -> SWAG -> Nextcloud

I tried to define a rule in my pfsense. In the local network translated nextcloud.SOMEURL to my nextcloud IP address. And I failed because the listening port is different. The connection departs seeking for port 443 but it lands on my server with port 444.

As a temporary workaround, I am using the Nextcloud direct internal address/port to connect my workstation. My client is working with https://10.0.1.5:444

The client complains about the certificate but that's life. I can live with that.

The problem is my notebook. I need to change the connection settings from my public CNAME to my internal address when I'm home and change back to the CNAME when off site. Not a big deal with this corona mess but hey, vaccine is under way. I dont want to keep change settings. I cant live with that.

Anyone with a pro tip? I could not think about an elegant solution. What puzzles me is WHY the client can reach the server but it fails randomly during sync. It must be something with my SWAG config but I dont know how to fix it.

A kind of solution would be switching the 443 port from Unraid to another random port (I dont use the 443 anyway) and tie SWAG to port 443. That might make the internal DNS translation work in my pfsense.

Let me begin with this. Your setup is very complex FOR ME! i have a pfsense but haven't done much with it. That being said i'll just tell you what i would try and *i think* you didn't mentioned doing!

Does the sync from client fails for ALL files? or some sync fine and others don't? 

If you connect to NC webui using the domain name, does it open? (nextcloud.domain.com)

Can you upload from the webui without problems?

Also just to be sure, 1443 is the host port on swag which is 443 on container side, and 444 is the host post in nextcloud which is mapped on 443 on container side. correctly?

server ------ app

1443  (swag) 443

444 (nextcld)443

On 1/5/2021 at 4:09 AM, howiser1 said:

I'm having a very similar issue - how did you solve?   I never saw a follow up or response to your post?  

I haven't experienced anything like that, but it might be cause from the older version of docker engine, that unraid is using in 6.5.0.
Is there a reason you haven't updated?

5 hours ago, skois said:

Let me begin with this. Your setup is very complex FOR ME! i have a pfsense but haven't done much with it. That being said i'll just tell you what i would try and *i think* you didn't mentioned doing!

Does the sync from client fails for ALL files? or some sync fine and others don't? 

If you connect to NC webui using the domain name, does it open? (nextcloud.domain.com)

Also just to be sure, 1443 is the host port on swag which is 443 on container side, and 444 is the host post in nextcloud which is mapped on 443 on container side. correctly?

server ------ app

1443  (swag) 443

444 (nextcld)443

Thanks for chiming in @skois! Not that complex, just minimum gear for survival, :). I'm kidding, yes, it is very complex - at least for me (or for us!). I will add VLANs in the near future to isolate my servers from the kids playing Roblox and from my wife clicking in vishing email links, I am just trying to fine tune everything before adding another layer of complexity.

Your answers:

It is a kind of random, every time is a different file. It fails while analyzing the remote files changes, between 5 and 10 minutes of scanning.

Flawless

I never tried, can you believe it? Just did - flawless as well.

Confirmed!

nextcloud - 444

swag - 1443

pfsense - 443

9 minutes ago, agarkauskas said:

Thanks for chiming in @skois! Not that complex, just minimum gear for survival, :). I'm kidding, yes, it is very complex - at least for me (or for us!). I will add VLANs in the near future to isolate my servers from the kids playing Roblox and from my wife clicking in vishing email links, I am just trying to fine tune everything before adding another layer of complexity.

Your answers:

It is a kind of random, every time is a different file. It fails while analyzing the remote files changes, between 5 and 10 minutes of scanning.

Flawless

I never tried, can you believe it? Just did - flawless as well.

Confirmed!

nextcloud - 444

swag - 1443

pfsense - 443

Try putting only few small files in windows client, see if it syncs fine. Then add more, mostly to narrow down if its problem on file size, quantity size.

Is there any files with weird characters? like chinese? 
Any file paths bigger than 255 characters?

On 1/3/2021 at 5:14 AM, skois said:

Click on the docker icon => console
run 'occ app:list' without quotes. 
this will list all the available apps and on the last rows it will tell which of them are disabled. if settings is disabled or any other essential app. 

run 'occ app:enable settings' or the name of the app you want.

Wow this was actually a big help. turns out that it was disabled but now i have another issue...

App "Nextcloud settings" cannot be installed because it is not compatible with this version of the server.

So i will give a little background: i accidentally updated nextcloud via the docker tab in unraid. after i made this mistake i was unable to access it altogether. i used the backup/restore plugin and have arrived here. i ran the 'occ app:list' and noticed that setting is indeed disabled (which it wasnt before i updated). now i am unable to update because i cant access the settings menu. Any more help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1
Wow this was actually a big help. turns out that it was disabled but now i have another issue...

App "Nextcloud settings" cannot be installed because it is not compatible with this version of the server.

So i will give a little background: i accidentally updated nextcloud via the docker tab in unraid. after i made this mistake i was unable to access it altogether. i used the backup/restore plugin and have arrived here. i ran the 'occ app:list' and noticed that setting is indeed disabled (which it wasnt before i updated). now i am unable to update because i cant access the settings menu. Any more help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Check your config.php in appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config
And confirm that the version it mentions is the correct.

45 minutes ago, skois said:

Check your config.php in appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config
And confirm that the version it mentions is the correct.

it says 16.0.0.9
i have no idea if thats the right version or not. sorry if these are stupid questions... how to i see what version is currently installed if i cant access the setting menu?

48 minutes ago, kerpster said:

it says 16.0.0.9
i have no idea if thats the right version or not. sorry if these are stupid questions... how to i see what version is currently installed if i cant access the setting menu?

Thats a good question :D But i dont have the answer!
I don't know if there is a way to manually install the Settings app for a version 16 or where to find it to donwload. I'm not near a pc right now, so i can't search. 

8 hours ago, skois said:

Try putting only few small files in windows client, see if it syncs fine. Then add more, mostly to narrow down if its problem on file size, quantity size.

Is there any files with weird characters? like chinese? 
Any file paths bigger than 255 characters?

@skois, I would say yes, I have files with weird characters, like é, ã, ç... I will try the baby steps approach you suggested.

Now before that this morning I made the necessary changes to operate swag in port 443.

That enabled me to add a rule in pfsense DNS Resolver to translate internally my nextcloud CNAME to my internal IP - worked like a charm in my workstation but in my notebook...

It is a corporate Notebook, using Symantec DNS Protection / Override / WTF completely out of my control that skips my local pfsense DNS Resolver if it detects an external equivalent CNAME.

So, if I hook my notebook to my 4G mobile hot spot it works. On my internal LAN it continue giving me SYNC Fail because the local translation doesnt work. GRRRRRRR...

More to come!