[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 1/4/2021 at 10:10 AM, saarg said:

What is with the attitude?

I asked about a pretty simple question which you should be able to answer if you remember how you set up nextloud. When settin up nextloud you choose a database and you need to check if that is running if it's an external one. If you chose sqlite, it's in nextloud and it might be corrupt.

All we know is that you scream, like a child, that your nextcloud doesn't work and doesn't supply any info that were asked for. Not much we can do to help then.

You did not ask me what database is running or if it is running at all. You asked me if it is "running correctly". My interpretation of "running correctly" is that it is running but there is a problem with the functionality. I do not know how to answer that question because I am not a database administrator and I do not know how to TS databases. But if you are asking if it is running then the answer is yes it is running and I am using MariaDB. I am not having an "attitude" per se. I am simply trying to frame my response in such a way to convey my problem and establish what I do know and don't know. There seems to be a lot of assumptions here based on peoples responses and I can tell that people are not taking the time to read my OP because they are asking me for things that I have explained over and over again that I do not know how to provide. If there is any "attitude" at all then maybe it's my frustration that people are not listening to me and are making assumptions.

P.S. I have tried my best to provide as much information as I can to the best of my capabilities. Here:

So don't give me that crap that I never provided any information to help you out!

Edited by BrunoVic
On 1/3/2021 at 2:52 AM, alturismo said:

you may should consider the art you ask for help, starting with help NOW ... we are here mostly for fun and a helping each other as users ...

about your logs

- click on the docker symbol, click LOG ... a window appear with the current running docker logs

- about nextcloud nginx logs, take a look at your appdata folder, log, nginx ...

image.thumb.png.9876380bec4af5cf9de6b3e0bcccd926.png

these are startpoints where to look, as nextcloud usually is running behind a reverse proxy, thats why there was the question about the reverse proxy logs, but you should find them yourself, and thats about it from me to help with this kinda attitude.

THANK YOU. Finally someone who has answered my questions!

P.S. I didn't just ask help now. It's been three weeks of downtime. At the time I needed an important file for a job I was applying to and after a docker update it just stopped working. Hence my sense of urgency. I've managed to recover the file due to someone else's assistance. But you have to empathize with me that I have been asking the same question over and over again and being told to provide the things I keep asking how to do. You would be angry too if you asked "How do you get the logs" and the response is "Please provide the logs". Then you go into this circular loop of never ending questions that seem to repeat themselves. I am supposed to be happy about that?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.52.48 PM.png

Edited by BrunoVic
1 hour ago, BrunoVic said:

I have been asking the same question over and over again and being told to provide the things I keep asking how to do.

Here was my first response after you replied to me that you didn't know how to get them.
But instead of providing them, you was being a Karen. You ask us to read all your previous comments but you don't bother to see our replies.

Capture.thumb.PNG.f84eea5d4b5c9c119a76f7b3618e3a85.PNG

Note to everyone.. DO NOT UPDATE collabora docker. For some reason it does not work when updated. Poked a bit in the xml config file, and saw some changes in the domains. Instead of the domains i had in docker template it was listing "localhost". Tried to copy the config from the previous docker version but still didn't work.

In case you updated and now it doesn't work for you. Open docker template and change repository field from "collabora/code" to "collabora/code:6.4.2.2"

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BrunoVic said:

THANK YOU. Finally someone who has answered my questions!

P.S. I didn't just ask help now. It's been three weeks of downtime. At the time I needed an important file for a job I was applying to and after a docker update it just stopped working. Hence my sense of urgency. I've managed to recover the file due to someone else's assistance. But you have to empathize with me that I have been asking the same question over and over again and being told to provide the things I keep asking how to do. You would be angry too if you asked "How do you get the logs" and the response is "Please provide the logs". Then you go into this circular loop of never ending questions that seem to repeat themselves. I am supposed to be happy about that?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.52.48 PM.png

If you dont mind my asking, how did you resolve your server error? I am having a similar issue and not sure how to approach it.

Wait what? I misread that. But hey your misuse of the word Karen is not impressing anyone. You're still a jerk! I am not sure why I misread that but you took the first shot at me with your attitude response when all I was doing was expressing my concerns about troubleshooting the proxy. If I missed that which with my dyslexia that can happen all you had to do was reiterate your response or maybe rephrase it in a way that is more READABLE instead of taking some cheap shots at me.

Now that I've read it for probably the 10th time and understand your request now I can provide you the logs you need. But this could all have been avoided if YOU did not start attacking me. Not ONCE did I start attacking you.
Oh sorry that you think I have an attitude. Yes Karen is not right. More like entitled.
Hopefully someone here will help you. I won't.
Good luck and be healthy.

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, jmial said:

If you dont mind my asking, how did you resolve your server error? I am having a similar issue and not sure how to approach it.

I tell you what when I have time I will investigate this and find out what is going on. I might have to source some Nextcloud forums to figure this out. Clearly they don't want to help us out here because we are entitled according to skois. Once I figure this out I will do a technical write up on what I did to resolve this problem.

18 hours ago, skois said:

Note to everyone.. DO NOT UPDATE collabora docker. For some reason it does not work when updated. Poked a bit in the xml config file, and saw some changes in the domains. Instead of the domains i had in docker template it was listing "localhost". Tried to copy the config from the previous docker version but still didn't work.

In case you updated and now it doesn't work for you. Open docker template and change repository field from "collabora/code" to "collabora/code:6.4.2.2"

Until 6.4.2.2 domains needed "//" (two) before every "."

on 6.4.3.1 needs only "/" (one).
So if you update to 6.4.3.1 remember to remove the extra "/"

• Thanks 1

Hello all, I am struggling to find out the correct answer. I followed Spaceinvader One video to install Nexrcloud. I have installed and it works just I can't change the file upload size. I have searched in the directory for the PHP.ini file but can't find anywhere to change the upload size. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thank in advance.

The php-local.ini file can be chnged using nano in terminal.

Steps:

Open Terminal - change to correct path

~# cd /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/php/ - the php directory is where you will find the php-local.ini file

nano php-local.ini

My file looks like this:

date.timezone = America/New_York
upload_max_filesize=20G
memory_limit=8G
max_execution_time=3600
max-imput_time=3600

[pdlib]
extension="pdlib.so"

Hey Guys,

I have been doing my best to read up on peoples answers to a question that has been asked several time about lan connections failing but wan connections working. I am currently able to access my nextcloud server externally after using the spaceinvader one videos as a guide, but as soon as i configured the swag docker for reverse proxy i can no longer connect locally. Some had previously mentioned hairpinning on your router could cause this problem and I have looked into this as well. I am using an OpenWRT on a Linksys and have for my port forwarding Enabled NAT loopback. Which seems to be the same thing i think. The weirdest part of this to me is when i use my vpn in browser and i open open webui for nextcloud it works, seemingly because its routed externally (nextcloud.example.com)? Not very sure why this worked, so i tried using the local address and port in my web browser (https://192.168.XXX.XXX:444), this sure enough returns via the domain and external routing(returns via nextcloud.example.com). Do i have something configured wrong in my swag that is forcing my calls out or is this due to Loopback not being the same as hairpinning. Please see my config files below.

y4m5kTTMVVrVKOog5O2sAYvM6fTYCr0577EhWPfXy4muZnzk1gGPgRmdZPwuBAyVUT2VztMI-jR4xJON

Here is the Open WRT port forwarding i was talking about if it helps

y4mTC43JvSDTVlfYRDy2KIV8feEilFTKWfMWso_Zy4m5RVGWZlI9JUUCUI9oxGBLpRPappJUP0IWLEpd

Any guidance you could give me would be great. I really appreciate it!

Edited by MadOne627
Fixing Images
7 hours ago, blakeslade said:

Experiencing an "Internal Server Error" following SpaceInvaderone's YT instructions as well as Linuxserver.io's. Have not installed Letsencrypt.

Been searching through this thread, but I haven't found that solution yet. Can someone give me a hand? If I'm missing a log file, let me know!

Nextcloud_docker_settings.png

Mariadb_docker_settings.png

Nextcloud_Internal_server_error.png

Nextcloud_inital_setup.png

Nextcloud_config.php 610 B · 0 downloads Nextcloud_Log.txt 2.02 kB · 0 downloads Mariadb_Log.txt 5.54 kB · 0 downloads

If we assume your lan pc is on the same subnet and your subnet is 10.0.0.0/24, then on your config.php on nc add this on the trusted domains.
It should work now

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '10.0.0.72:444',
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

3 hours ago, MadOne627 said:

Hey Guys,

I have been doing my best to read up on peoples answers to a question that has been asked several time about lan connections failing but wan connections working. I am currently able to access my nextcloud server externally after using the spaceinvader one videos as a guide, but as soon as i configured the swag docker for reverse proxy i can no longer connect locally. Some had previously mentioned hairpinning on your router could cause this problem and I have looked into this as well. I am using an OpenWRT on a Linksys and have for my port forwarding Enabled NAT loopback. Which seems to be the same thing i think. The weirdest part of this to me is when i use my vpn in browser and i open open webui for nextcloud it works, seemingly because its routed externally (nextcloud.example.com)? Not very sure why this worked, so i tried using the local address and port in my web browser (https://192.168.XXX.XXX:444), this sure enough returns via the domain and external routing(returns via nextcloud.example.com). Do i have something configured wrong in my swag that is forcing my calls out or is this due to Loopback not being the same as hairpinning. Please see my config files below.

swag.png?psid=1&width=1313&height=890nextcloud.png?psid=1&width=1358&height=9

Here is the Open WRT port forwarding i was talking about if it helps

port%20forwarding.png?psid=1&width=1361&port%20forwarding%20advanced.png?psid=1&

Any guidance you could give me would be great. I really appreciate it!

Your photos seems to either be deleted on not shared publicly!
Probably on your config you have an 'overwritehost' => nc.example.com 
This rewrites every request even from a local ip to the public domain.
Remove this line and add your local ip subnet or pc specific to your trusted domains. (see the previous post)

17 hours ago, skois said:

Your photos seems to either be deleted on not shared publicly!
Probably on your config you have an 'overwritehost' => nc.example.com 
This rewrites every request even from a local ip to the public domain.
Remove this line and add your local ip subnet or pc specific to your trusted domains. (see the previous post)

Thanks for your help skols. I fixed the images above. Seems like i embedded them wrong.

I tried what you said and now it works on my lan but not via wan. Is this just how this configuration works where unless your router supports hairpinning the right way you either get internal or external use? It seems like i should be able to create an exception where if i approach swag using an internal ip address i get directed to the 192.168.XXX.XXX:444 address and via the external route (or router IP?) get the nextcloud.example.com. Though maybe i am just defining hairpinning in a different way. :D

Again thanks for helping some random guy on the internet out.

7 hours ago, MadOne627 said:

Thanks for your help skols. I fixed the images above. Seems like i embedded them wrong.

I tried what you said and now it works on my lan but not via wan. Is this just how this configuration works where unless your router supports hairpinning the right way you either get internal or external use? It seems like i should be able to create an exception where if i approach swag using an internal ip address i get directed to the 192.168.XXX.XXX:444 address and via the external route (or router IP?) get the nextcloud.example.com. Though maybe i am just defining hairpinning in a different way. :D

Again thanks for helping some random guy on the internet out.

Try changing 

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://internal_ip:webui_port

and also on your config i see you have two 'overwritehost',

delete one and comment the other.

• Thanks 1
On 1/12/2021 at 3:21 AM, skois said:

If we assume your lan pc is on the same subnet and your subnet is 10.0.0.0/24, then on your config.php on nc add this on the trusted domains.
It should work now

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

Thanks for your help! Gave this a shot but no go. I stopped the nc docker, updated the config.php file using krusader and confirmed that I had the changes saved. Then started up the nc container which brought me back to the initial set up page. I entered all the details as before and ended up back at the Internal server error page. Looking at the config.php file I see that my entry has been removed and it's back the way it was now.

Should I be using nano or a command line based editor instead? I've attached a new log file and the config.php as it was edited, before being reset.

Thank your for your time skois! I'm sure you're very busy and I appreciate your help.

Edit: I've got wireguard installed, is that causing a problem?

nextcloud.log config.php

Edited by blakeslade
Wireguard

Hi @linuxserver.io

I have recently been using Nextcloud with MariaDB on one of my servers and just wanted to move it to the other for my reverse proxy

i used cp -arv command to move the appdata folders of nextcloud and mariadb

both unraid server use same root password and profiles

i copied using same command all the next cloud /data from old server to new and mirrored the /mnt/user/nextcloud set up as it was on the original server

****Edit

found that i missed the updated server IP for both Nextcloud and MariaDB in the config.php file its working now

Edited by Can0n
25 minutes ago, blakeslade said:

Thanks for your help! Gave this a shot but no go. I stopped the nc docker, updated the config.php file using krusader and confirmed that I had the changes saved. Then started up the nc container which brought me back to the initial set up page. I entered all the details as before and ended up back at the Internal server error page. Looking at the config.php file I see that my entry has been removed and it's back the way it was now.

Should I be using nano or a command line based editor instead? I've attached a new log file and the config.php as it was edited, before being reset.

Thank your for your time skois! I'm sure you're very busy and I appreciate your help.

nextcloud.log 160.03 kB · 0 downloads config.php 653 B · 0 downloads

The Answer is yes use nano or

this worked on my system

open up the shell for nexcloud

cd /config/www/nextcloud

pwd

should show ":/config/www/nextcloud#"

copy and paste

occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=192.168.1.*

change your ip to the one you need ... Did this from memory hope it works and helps you out

22 minutes ago, John Graham said:

The Answer is yes use nano or

this worked on my system

open up the shell for nexcloud

cd /config/www/nextcloud

pwd

should show ":/config/www/nextcloud#"

copy and paste

occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=192.168.1.*

change your ip to the one you need ... Did this from memory hope it works and helps you out

So nextcloud is still stuck in the inital setup phase. It's stuck there. Every time I open the WebGUI it's asking me for an admin user and pw along with db options.

When I open a shell to "/config/www/nextcloud" this is what I get:

occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=10.0.0.*

Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available

There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.

At this point I've tried a few times and am running out of user names since it seems to save the ones I've tried in the past (lots of admin variations)?

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, blakeslade said:

So nextcloud is still stuck in the inital setup phase. It's stuck there. Every time I open the WebGUI it's asking me for an admin user and pw along with db options.

When I open a shell to "/config/www/nextcloud" this is what I get:

occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value=10.0.0.*

Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available

There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.

At this point I've tried a few times and am running out of user names since it seems to save the ones I've tried in the past (lots of admin variations)?

Thanks again!

If this is a new installation and you don't have any data, i would suggest delete appdata from both database and nextcloud and force update both dockers (open advanced view on docker tab). and start fresh.
That means you have to recreate the databases (check spaceinvaders video for the commands).
Something wasn't completed correctly on the 1st install and now it seems to fail every time.
Also before starting the initial setup (after wiping appdata and forcing update the dockers) 
Add the trusted domain.
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

16 minutes ago, skois said:

If this is a new installation and you don't have any data, i would suggest delete appdata from both database and nextcloud and force update both dockers (open advanced view on docker tab). and start fresh.
That means you have to recreate the databases (check spaceinvaders video for the commands).
Something wasn't completed correctly on the 1st install and now it seems to fail every time.
Also before starting the initial setup (after wiping appdata and forcing update the dockers) 
Add the trusted domain.
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

Thanks ton skois, I'll give that a go this afternoon.

I'm not currently using a cache drive, so my appdata is located at: /mnt/user/appdata

That's the only place I need to delete the data?