[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Thanks ton skois, I'll give that a go this afternoon.

I'm not currently using a cache drive, so my appdata is located at: /mnt/user/appdata

That's the only place I need to delete the data?
Correct!
Actually /mnt/user contains both data cache and array, depending on the share configuration

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, skois said:

Correct!
Actually /mnt/user contains both data cache and array, depending on the share configuration

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Getting a 504 Gateway time out error now. I feel like this is a comedy of errors on my end.

Here are the commands I entered for mariadb:

mysql -uroot -p
password

create user 'nextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

create database if not exists nextcloud;

grant all privileges on nextcloud.* to 'nextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

I used nano for the config.php file, which looked like this before opening the nc webui:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '10.0.0.72:444',
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),
  );

Now the config.php looks like this (after the 504 timeout):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
  ),
  'instanceid' => 'ocj51yowyofq',
  'passwordsalt' => 'MrmUOLhtq7TnzskZxDQePo8gChclH+',
  'secret' => 'Ee5QoOEXhdGDvIzD61ogzdx4g53tXVsCe6RB2eddED4DnWzI',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://10.0.0.72:444',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '10.0.0.72:444',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
);

I've attached an updated nextcloud.log from the /data folder (on my array /mnt/user/Nextcloud) and docker page logs.

Ideas?

nextcloud.log Nextcloud_Log_2021.01.13.txt Mariadb_log_2021.01.13.txt

18 hours ago, skois said:

Try changing 

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://internal_ip:webui_port

and also on your config i see you have two 'overwritehost',

delete one and comment the other.

Thats it. I can now get to it internally with the LAN IP:Port and can get to it via web address via WAN. Thanks for your guidance skols!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, blakeslade said:

Getting a 504 Gateway time out error now. I feel like this is a comedy of errors on my end.

Here are the commands I entered for mariadb:

mysql -uroot -p
password

create user 'nextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

create database if not exists nextcloud;

grant all privileges on nextcloud.* to 'nextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

I used nano for the config.php file, which looked like this before opening the nc webui:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),
  );

Now the config.php looks like this (after the 504 timeout):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
  ),
  'instanceid' => 'ocj51yowyofq',
  'passwordsalt' => 'MrmUOLhtq7TnzskZxDQePo8gChclH+',
  'secret' => 'Ee5QoOEXhdGDvIzD61ogzdx4g53tXVsCe6RB2eddED4DnWzI',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://10.0.0.72:444',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '10.0.0.72:444',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
);

I've attached an updated nextcloud.log from the /data folder (on my array /mnt/user/Nextcloud) and docker page logs.

Ideas?

nextcloud.log 209.29 kB · 0 downloads Nextcloud_Log_2021.01.13.txt 1.77 kB · 0 downloads Mariadb_log_2021.01.13.txt 5.54 kB · 0 downloads

I was able to reproduce, something after the install is messing up the trusted domains.
So lets do it all over again.
go to 

- /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud  - delete everything there.

- /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb - delete everything there.

- /mnt/user/nextcloud - delete everything there *if you have DATA there, back them up first*(this is the /data folder, i suggest cleaning because i saw before you created a bunch of admins and there will be a lot of files assosiated with them there that you wont need.)

Ok, now delete both dockers 

- mariadb

- nextcloud

* Go to Apps.
* Install mariadb (check that is on bridge network for now)

* Open console

mysql -uroot -p
password

create user 'dbusernextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

create database if not exists nextclouddb;

grant all privileges on nextclouddb.* to 'dbusernextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

* Close console.

* Go to Apps

* Install nextcloud (check that is on bridge network for now)
* Open WebUI (if it opens, do the initial setup)

- database user: dbusernextcloud

- database password: mypassword

- database name: nextclouddb

- localhost: unraidip:portofmariadb

fill also username and password for admin.
*Click Finish Setup. (DONT CLOSE PAGE on 504 error)

*With the page still displaying 504 error, go to /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/ and edit the config.php

truested_domain section should look like this (dont forget the comma after each entry). ofc change the ips according to yours.
You should only need to add the line 1, 0 should be there.

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

*After saving the config.php. Go back to your browser and refresh the page. It should now ask you to log in. 

In case still shows 504 error. Try restarting docker WITHOUT CLOSING the page. and when docker restarts, refresh the page once more.

Hopefully this will get you started!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, skois said:

I was able to reproduce, something after the install is messing up the trusted domains.
go to 

- /mnt/user/nextcloud - delete everything there *if you have DATA there, back them up first*(this is the /data folder, i suggest cleaning because i saw before you created a bunch of admins and there will be a lot of files assosiated with them there that you wont need.)

- mariadb

- nextcloud

* Go to Apps.

* Open console

mysql -uroot -p
password

grant all privileges on nextclouddb.* to 'dbusernextcloud' identified by 'mypassword';

* Close console.

* Go to Apps

*With the page still displaying 504 error, go to /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/ and edit the config.php

truested_domain section should look like this (dont forget the comma after each entry). ofc change the ips according to yours.

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

*After saving the config.php. Go back to your browser and refresh the page. It should now ask you to log in. 

In case still shows 504 error. Try restarting docker WITHOUT CLOSING the page. and when docker restarts, refresh the page once more.

I say hot damn! I am floored by your steps. Thank you so much skois! I will get on this later today, and report my results.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:23 AM, skois said:

go to 

- mariadb

- nextcloud

* Go to Apps.

* Open console

mysql -uroot -p
password

* Close console.

* Go to Apps

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    1 => '10.0.0.*',
  ),

Thank you skois! I now have nc up and running!

I'm amazed that you were able to recreate my issue and state the work around so easily. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to continue the setup process here, with letsencrypt (after I get letsencrypt installed using spaceinvaderone's instructions).

Is there another resource that will be helpful to me?

Currently updating from version 18 via the dockerterminal to version 20.

Whilst hopping from 19.0.7 to 20.0.5 the updater gets stuck at the following point:

2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Checked for update of app "calendar" in appstore 
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Repair step: Update name of the stored view
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Checking for update of app files_accesscontrol in appstore
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Update app files_accesscontrol from appstore
2021-01-16T14:33:36+00:00 Checked for update of app "files_accesscontrol" in appstore 
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair step: Repair mime types
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_filecache` SET `mimetype` = ? WHERE (`mimetype` <> ?) AND (`mimetype` <> ?) AND (`name`  COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?)' with params [19, 19, 2, "%.ott"]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1206 The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Update failed
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Resetting log level

This appears to be a database issue relating to MariaDB.

Any ideas of how to fix this would be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, blakeslade said:

Thank you skois! I now have nc up and running!

I'm amazed that you were able to recreate my issue and state the work around so easily. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to continue the setup process here, with letsencrypt (after I get letsencrypt installed using spaceinvaderone's instructions).

Is there another resource that will be helpful to me?

I would suggest also looking on this also. Letsncrypt docker was moved to SWAG. It have some small changes to note.
But can't tell you more, because i don't use it.

You might wanna take a look on NginxProxyManager, is a GUI for letsncrypt and nginx. I'm happy with it!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ntouchable said:

Currently updating from version 18 via the dockerterminal to version 20.

Whilst hopping from 19.0.7 to 20.0.5 the updater gets stuck at the following point:

2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Checked for update of app "calendar" in appstore 
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Repair step: Update name of the stored view
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Checking for update of app files_accesscontrol in appstore
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Update app files_accesscontrol from appstore
2021-01-16T14:33:36+00:00 Checked for update of app "files_accesscontrol" in appstore 
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair step: Repair mime types
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_filecache` SET `mimetype` = ? WHERE (`mimetype` <> ?) AND (`mimetype` <> ?) AND (`name`  COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?)' with params [19, 19, 2, "%.ott"]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1206 The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Update failed
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Resetting log level

This appears to be a database issue relating to MariaDB.

Any ideas of how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Access the console of the nextcloud docker. 
Try running. "updater.phar"
If this errors out, do "occ maintenance:mode --off" and try accessing nextcloud webui, go to Settings->Overview and see if there is any errors, (probably should be) errors will probably be about missing things on DB. there you will also see the commands you need to run to fix them. (run them on the nextcloud docker console.
Then try again to update either from WebUI or from console with "updater.phar"

On 1/8/2021 at 8:56 AM, BrunoVic said:

I tell you what when I have time I will investigate this and find out what is going on. I might have to source some Nextcloud forums to figure this out. Clearly they don't want to help us out here because we are entitled according to skois. Once I figure this out I will do a technical write up on what I did to resolve this problem.

@BrunoVic@jmial  I've been running NC since like vers 12 or so and about every other time I upgrade it bonks totally. When I upgraded NC this time I ran into the same "internal Service Error". According to the NC forums that pretty much the generic error message. Instead of going through the logs I decided to just nuke the Docker image and delete the appdata directory. I was on vers 18 and was only really using it for file serving/backup which I have all going to a directory outside the appdata directory and Docker so I figured those files were all safe anyway. I tried deleting and starting from my back-up NC appdata folder but it gave me the same error.

After you delete the NC image and dir (I actually moved it instead for backup - although it doesn't work), you can just load your NC template and start from scratch. It will automatically install the newest version (v20) and recreate the appdata directory.

You will need to connect it to the old database so NOTE: If you want to keep your users/pw you will need to know your user/database/pw for your Nextcloud database on Maraidb (assuming you did the SpaceInvader video you can go there and maybe you used the same?? Fortunately I wrote mine down). O/w you will need to start fresh with a new db and users, etc :(

The issue I ran into here was it would not let me use the same admin account I used before so I had to create a new admin username/pw  and then use the old database. But with that, it set up and everything was still there including my upload history and such for other users. 

This is what worked for me. Good luck. But you may want to make back-ups of everything just in case.  I like Nextcloud and it has gotten much better over time, but it is still very temperamental! If it's not something easily googled, I just wipe it and start over.

• Like 1

I was greeted with this error this morning.  Is this a container issue that needs solved or an issue I should fix myself?

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 7.4.14.

I am also now getting the same error message as you, discojon, when starting the WebGUI of my Nextcloud Docker:

You are currently running 7.4.14

would you be able to let me know how exactly can I get it to work again?

Where exactly is this config folder where you edited versioncheck.php?

So I was able to bypass the error message but the subsequent update failed so I'm not recommending that at this point.  I'm currently restoring from a backup and hopefully that will get me running.  I think the core issue here is the version of NC this container is running is 17 which is EoL apparently.  

Edited by discojon
2 minutes ago, discojon said:

So I was able to bypass the error message but the subsequent update failed so I'm not recommending that at this point.  I'm currently restoring from a backup and hopefully that will get me running.  I think the core issue here is the version of NC this container is running is 17 which is EoL apparently.  

This is just wrong - it's because you haven't been updating nextcloud within the container. It's our only one that you have to independently update inside the container aswell images.

18 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

I am also now getting the same error message as you, discojon, when starting the WebGUI of my Nextcloud Docker:

You are currently running 7.4.14

would you be able to let me know how exactly can I get it to work again?

Where exactly is this config folder where you edited versioncheck.php?

The config folder is located in your Nextcloud data location.  

Just now, j0nnymoe said:

This is just wrong - it's because you haven't been updating nextcloud within the container. It's our only one that you have to independently update inside the container aswell images.

The only options I'm presented with when updating in the container are stable and beta.  I don't have an option to upgrade to next version

1 minute ago, discojon said:

The only options I'm presented with when updating in the container are stable and beta.  I don't have an option to upgrade to next version

What do you mean by next? You only have stable and beta channel in the webui.

There is info on updating using the command line in the first post.

3 minutes ago, discojon said:

The nextcloud web updater should offer you newer versions or you can cli into the container and run `updater.phar`

3 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

The nextcloud web updater should offer you newer versions or you can cli into the container and run `updater.phar`

So I just started my restored docker and got the same PHP error as before.

Current version is 17.0.9. CLI in and ran

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

and it is trying to upgrade. "Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "stable")".  As with the webupdater, it errors out with this.

oot@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v16.0.3-3-ga0c2b25 dirty

Current version is 17.0.9.

Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-17.0.10.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup

Update stopped. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.

36 minutes ago, discojon said:

So I just started my restored docker and got the same PHP error as before.

Current version is 17.0.9. CLI in and ran

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

and it is trying to upgrade. "Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "stable")".  As with the webupdater, it errors out with this.

oot@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v16.0.3-3-ga0c2b25 dirty

Current version is 17.0.9.

Update to Nextcloud 17.0.10 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-17.0.10.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup

Update stopped. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.

Looks like someone had the same issue here: https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/issues/2583

Seems related to the Mail app within nextcloud.

2 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

Looks like someone had the same issue here: https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/issues/2583

Seems related to the Mail app within nextcloud.

I ended up nuking the old docker container, and installing fresh, then connecting to my old DB.  I had to make a new admin user as referenced above but everything else seems to be working, and I'm back in parity at v20.  Sorting out the reverseproxy now as it stopped working.

On 1/16/2021 at 6:38 PM, skois said:

Access the console of the nextcloud docker. 
Try running. "updater.phar"
If this errors out, do "occ maintenance:mode --off" and try accessing nextcloud webui, go to Settings->Overview and see if there is any errors, (probably should be) errors will probably be about missing things on DB. there you will also see the commands you need to run to fix them. (run them on the nextcloud docker console.
Then try again to update either from WebUI or from console with "updater.phar"

I tried taking maintenance mode off however this takes me back to the updater in the Webui.

It appears the problem relates to "oc_filecache" in the database as this file is 46GB. My array is only 6TB of storage space so something has evidently gone wrong.

I have tried running "occ files:scan --all" however I get the following error

There are no commands defined in the "files" namespace.

Seems like I might need to adjust something in MariaDB directly?

All,

Just upgraded to the latest Nextcloud and now I can’t get into the docker. Latest ver 20.

Running R710 Dell Server, 48 Gb ram, 30Tb space on Unraid.
Docker container is linuxserver.

See attached file.

Here is the text in case you can’t see it:

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details
Remote Address: 192.168.1.29
Request ID: VuYu7IeO7IvoqC2iKHZl

I’m stumped - I haven’t had any problems for over a year.

I have checked all the usual culprits maintenance mode off, checked the files etc using occ.

Looking for a direction to head in to solve this…

I suspect its probably something dumb I did - these things usually are…

Thanks in advance

Toolmanz

ksnip_20210117-130236.png

Edited by toolmanz
1 hour ago, toolmanz said:

All,

Just upgraded to the latest Nextcloud and now I can’t get into the docker. Latest ver 20.

Running R710 Dell Server, 48 Gb ram, 30Tb space on Unraid.
Docker container is linuxserver.

See attached file.

Here is the text in case you can’t see it:

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details
Remote Address: 192.168.1.29
Request ID: VuYu7IeO7IvoqC2iKHZl

I’m stumped - I haven’t had any problems for over a year.

I have checked all the usual culprits maintenance mode off, checked the files etc using occ.

Looking for a direction to head in to solve this…

I suspect its probably something dumb I did - these things usually are…

Thanks in advance

Toolmanz

ksnip_20210117-130236.png

See my post above. Good luck trying to find the cause. I just nuked the Docker image , deleted the app dir and reinstalled from the Unraid Docker template. I was up and running in <15 min (although I spent an hour or two trying to "fix" it before that). My set up isn't fancy so I don't really know what all you may loose.

I feel like updating Nextcloud is like putting it all on red at the roulette table.

Well a little more information on the problem .....

The docker is running and except for the webui seems to be functioning as expected.

I did all of the maintenance as I would normally do with files and indices through OCC ..... not a problem.

I checked the PHP version and it is up to date (Jan 7-2021) [php -v in terminal]

"PHP 7.4.14 (cli) (built: Jan  7 2021 11:46:25) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.14, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies"

So thats not it .... I have had that problem before and fixed it with an update.

I can still access most of my files through the Nextcloud sync client in Windows so not a complete loss. 

It's got to be with the webui only.... but can't think what that would be since nothing else changed. 

I use reverse proxy for remote access but get the same error when I access locally - so that's not it....

I get the same error in Linux Mint when I try to use the webui ...at least its consistent🙄

Well I'll bump along and noodle on this some more....perhaps there are others that run into the same problem and will wake up the NC folks to the problem.

I left the same post on the NC support forum.

Ill post back if I find a solution ....🤔

Thanks for the responses .... we will figure this out .....

Cheers

Toolmanz