'versions_retention_obligation' => '60,auto',
  'enable_previews' => true,
  'preview_max_x' => '2048',
  'preview_max_y' => '2048',
  'jpeg_quality' => '60',
);

Docker Templates

nextcloudDocker.thumb.PNG.e17cc600f0a79a0fb8a8a2828c4f467d.PNG

I use collabora for 2 domains, remove after the "|". Also note the "\" before every ".". You need them.

collaboraDocker.thumb.PNG.738d7f237ade12e01f5cdae7966c1423.PNG

NginxProxyManager Nextcloud

npmNCSSL.PNG.1a72788be339f41749dd2d1bc4925c15.PNGnpmNC.PNG.4121c932ad0163591f112f84a937c9de.PNG

NginxProxyManager Collabora

npmCollaboraSSL.PNG.654f0ed90e18f46f398a554ca01cd9e4.PNGnpmCollaboraDetail.PNG.81bf9264b2cf55976165cac8b1a5204c.PNG

Nextcloud Collabora App ("Collabora Online")

collaboraNCSettings.thumb.PNG.c5725af03d0a218741620a05612fdcab.PNG

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions please ask. 

prometheus.localdomain == 10.10.10.254 (my servers ip, just an alternative way to write it inside my lan) 

1 hour ago, skois said:

Ok here you go.

Nextcloud config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'memcache.distributed' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => '10.10.10.254',
    'port' => 6379,
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'randomid',
  'passwordsalt' => 'randomsalt',
  'secret' => 'randomsecret',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '10.10.10.254:9443',
    1 => 'cloud.domain.me',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies' => 
  array (
    0 => 'NginxProxyManager',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://10.10.10.254:9443',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'overwritehost' => 'cloud.domain.me',
  'dbtype' => 'pgsql',
  'version' => '20.0.5.2',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '10.10.10.254:5432',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'dbuser',
  'dbpassword' => 'dbpassword',
  'installed' => true,
  'updater.release.channel' => 'stable',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'app_install_overwrite' => 
  array (
    0 => 'spreed',
    1 => 'documentserver_community',
    2 => 'sharerenamer',
  ),
  'encryption.legacy_format_support' => false,
  'encryption.key_storage_migrated' => false,
  'data-fingerprint' => 'randomfingerprint',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'pipe',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'tls',
  'mail_from_address' => 'cloud',
  'mail_domain' => 'domain.me',
  'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.provider.eu',
  'mail_smtpport' => '587',
  'mail_smtpname' => '[email protected]',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'randompassword',
  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => '60,auto',
  'versions_retention_obligation' => '60,auto',
  'enable_previews' => true,
  'preview_max_x' => '2048',
  'preview_max_y' => '2048',
  'jpeg_quality' => '60',
);

Docker Templates

nextcloudDocker.thumb.PNG.e17cc600f0a79a0fb8a8a2828c4f467d.PNG

I use collabora for 2 domains, remove after the "|". Also note the "\" before every ".". You need them.

collaboraDocker.thumb.PNG.738d7f237ade12e01f5cdae7966c1423.PNG

NginxProxyManager Nextcloud

npmNCSSL.PNG.1a72788be339f41749dd2d1bc4925c15.PNGnpmNC.PNG.4121c932ad0163591f112f84a937c9de.PNG

NginxProxyManager Collabora

npmCollaboraSSL.PNG.654f0ed90e18f46f398a554ca01cd9e4.PNGnpmCollaboraDetail.PNG.81bf9264b2cf55976165cac8b1a5204c.PNG

Nextcloud Collabora App ("Collabora Online")

collaboraNCSettings.thumb.PNG.c5725af03d0a218741620a05612fdcab.PNG

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions please ask. 

prometheus.localdomain == 10.10.10.254 (my servers ip, just an alternative way to write it inside my lan) 

Thank you so much for these!

I'm exhausted for today, but I quickly tried to change the nginxproxymanager settings similar to yours, went back and forth between OnlyOffice and Collabora, tried with certificates and disabling them, with cnames and with direct IP's, and nothing changed unfortunately.

I also tried with Bridge network mode, and with the custom network.

At this point, I'd be happy with either Collabora or OnlyOffice honestly, hah!

Is there any chance something weird might've happened when I got the new modem in to the office? It's basically the same one as we had previously, but just the better and newer model of it. After the new modem, the error changed from "cURL error 7: Failed to connect to xxx.xxx.xx port 8443: Connection refused " to the one it's now, "Error when trying to connect (Bad healthcheck status)"

Again, I do appreciate all the help!

If there's anything else you can think of, let me know! I'll try to go through all of the settings you have here in more detail tomorrow, and see if there's anything I missed.

Nextcloud is a fantastic cloud storage with lots of options (I also use it to sync my agenda & contacts with my phone) but the office integration is too bad IMO. I spent hours trying to setup the integration of Collabora or OnlyOffice with my Nextcloud docker. I even got OnlyOffice working for a moment but then I updated a docker or changed something somewhere and it was over. I have not been able to make this integration work anymore.

Instead of hitting my head against a wall I installed the CryptPad docker. OnlyOffice is integrated natively and you can easily import an existing document and export it when modified without creating an account. If you create an account you can benefit form its encrypted file storage but it is limited to compatible files only (you cannot use it to store something else than "pads").

In the end I could not find an ideal solution but I am quiet happy with that setup: nextcloud as a cloud service and CryptPad as a document editor.

15 hours ago, whitedwarf said:

Nextcloud is a fantastic cloud storage with lots of options (I also use it to sync my agenda & contacts with my phone) but the office integration is too bad IMO. I spent hours trying to setup the integration of Collabora or OnlyOffice with my Nextcloud docker. I even got OnlyOffice working for a moment but then I updated a docker or changed something somewhere and it was over. I have not been able to make this integration work anymore.

Instead of hitting my head against a wall I installed the CryptPad docker. OnlyOffice is integrated natively and you can easily import an existing document and export it when modified without creating an account. If you create an account you can benefit form its encrypted file storage but it is limited to compatible files only (you cannot use it to store something else than "pads").

In the end I could not find an ideal solution but I am quiet happy with that setup: nextcloud as a cloud service and CryptPad as a document editor.

I'd be fine using Google Docs myself if it was for personal use. But I'm setting up our server for our company use, and my dream is to try to have everything in one place, a "hub" area, if you will.

That's why I still keep banging my head against the wall, hah!

@skois, I think I've gotten a bit further with this whole thing.

I added

'allow_local_remote_servers' => true,

into the config.php (of Nextcloud), and with that, I was able to get a bit different results while trying to connect with OnlyOffice.

With documentserver.mydomain.com the error was same. But when I tried to connect directly with the local IP and port, the error changed to:

Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.) (version 5.4.2.46)

Googling this a little bit, I stumbled upon wget command, for checking if the two dockers would be able to communicate with each other at all.

First of all, I tried wget google.com, which worked on both applications.

After that, I tried to wget <other docker domain>, and got

failed: Connection refused.

After which, I tried wget <local ip address of the other docker>, and with that, I got:

ERROR: cannot verify <NextCloud IP>'s certificate, issued by ‘CN=*,OU=LSIO Server,O=Linuxserver.io,L=Carlsbad,ST=CA,C=US’:
  Self-signed certificate encountered.
    ERROR: certificate common name ‘*’ doesn't match requested host name ‘<NextCloud IP>’.
To connect to <NextCloud IP> insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I was hoping to manage the whole self-signed certification thing later, but maybe that'd be my next step then..

Also, all of this to me is just enforcing my hunch that not being able to access nextcloud.mydomain.com within the same network doesn't work.

If I were to solve that, I have a feeling I might be able to get forward.

If I may ask, what provider do you use for your domain? Would it be possible that my domain host just doesn't support some feature that was required to make this work?

2 hours ago, REllU said:

I'd be fine using Google Docs myself if it was for personal use. But I'm setting up our server for our company use, and my dream is to try to have everything in one place, a "hub" area, if you will.

That's why I still keep banging my head against the wall, hah!

@skois, I think I've gotten a bit further with this whole thing.

I added

'allow_local_remote_servers' => true,

into the config.php (of Nextcloud), and with that, I was able to get a bit different results while trying to connect with OnlyOffice.

With documentserver.mydomain.com the error was same. But when I tried to connect directly with the local IP and port, the error changed to:

Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.) (version 5.4.2.46)

Googling this a little bit, I stumbled upon wget command, for checking if the two dockers would be able to communicate with each other at all.

First of all, I tried wget google.com, which worked on both applications.

After that, I tried to wget <other docker domain>, and got

failed: Connection refused.

After which, I tried wget <local ip address of the other docker>, and with that, I got:

ERROR: cannot verify <NextCloud IP>'s certificate, issued by ‘CN=*,OU=LSIO Server,O=Linuxserver.io,L=Carlsbad,ST=CA,C=US’:
  Self-signed certificate encountered.
    ERROR: certificate common name ‘*’ doesn't match requested host name ‘<NextCloud IP>’.
To connect to <NextCloud IP> insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I was hoping to manage the whole self-signed certification thing later, but maybe that'd be my next step then..

Also, all of this to me is just enforcing my hunch that not being able to access nextcloud.mydomain.com within the same network doesn't work.

If I were to solve that, I have a feeling I might be able to get forward.

If I may ask, what provider do you use for your domain? Would it be possible that my domain host just doesn't support some feature that was required to make this work?

I was using namecheap (which worked fine, but moved to cloudflare for the dns challenge on the cert)

Does each of your cnames have its own certificate? I have completely missed that you couldn't access nextcloud.domain.com internally. 
From your local lan what does your "tracert cloud.domain.com" shows ? or "traceroute cloud.domain.com" for linux

On 1/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ntouchable said:

Currently updating from version 18 via the dockerterminal to version 20.

Whilst hopping from 19.0.7 to 20.0.5 the updater gets stuck at the following point:

2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Checked for update of app "calendar" in appstore 
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Repair step: Update name of the stored view
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Checking for update of app files_accesscontrol in appstore
2021-01-16T14:33:34+00:00 Update app files_accesscontrol from appstore
2021-01-16T14:33:36+00:00 Checked for update of app "files_accesscontrol" in appstore 
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
2021-01-16T14:33:40+00:00 Repair step: Repair mime types
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_filecache` SET `mimetype` = ? WHERE (`mimetype` <> ?) AND (`mimetype` <> ?) AND (`name`  COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci LIKE ?)' with params [19, 19, 2, "%.ott"]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1206 The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Update failed
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2021-01-16T14:46:21+00:00 Resetting log level

This appears to be a database issue relating to MariaDB.

Any ideas of how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Managed to fix this my editing my MariaDB "custom.cnf" file.

I changed the buffer size from 256M to 2048M.

innodb_buffer_pool_size    = 2048M

I then left my server overnight and it managed to complete the upgrade by the morning.

I also managed to run "occ files:cleanup" once the upgrade was complete. However "oc_filecache.ibd" is still 45.6GB!

Is this normal due to the external storage devices?

Edited by Ntouchable
Clarity
21 hours ago, skois said:

I was using namecheap (which worked fine, but moved to cloudflare for the dns challenge on the cert)

Does each of your cnames have its own certificate? I have completely missed that you couldn't access nextcloud.domain.com internally. 
From your local lan what does your "tracert cloud.domain.com" shows ? or "traceroute cloud.domain.com" for linux

Sorry for the slow response!

I'm able to create certificates for my domains and cnames through cPanel, but I didn't think these were used, as you can do certificates with letsencrypt?

If this was the root cause, it would make some sense though. After creating the certificates on cPanel, would I need to download them somehow, and add them to NextCloud and OpenOffice? I'm not entirely sure how that's done.

tracert documentserver.mydomain.com spits out:

C:\WINDOWS\System32>tracert documentserver.mydomain.com

Tracing route to nextcloud.mydomain.com [public IP]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mobile-user-c1d052-180.dhcp.inet.fi [public IP]

Trace complete.

Sorry for the slow response!

I'm able to create certificates for my domains and cnames through cPanel, but I didn't think these were used, as you can do certificates with letsencrypt?
If this was the root cause, it would make some sense though. After creating the certificates on cPanel, would I need to download them somehow, and add them to NextCloud and OpenOffice? I'm not entirely sure how that's done.

tracert documentserver.mydomain.com spits out:

C:\WINDOWS\System32>tracert documentserver.mydomain.comTracing route to nextcloud.mydomain.com [public IP]over a maximum of 30 hops: 1    Trace complete.

The certs need to be installed in each docker (don't know how, as I don't have done it before) I only do it with let's encrypt.

The certs must be the problem here!
Either look how to install your certs or from let's encrypt.
You might find some info here how to install the certs

Not unraid related but he installed certs on dockers

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, skois said:

The certs need to be installed in each docker (don't know how, as I don't have done it before) I only do it with let's encrypt.

The certs must be the problem here!
Either look how to install your certs or from let's encrypt.
You might find some info here how to install the certs

Not unraid related but he installed certs on dockers

I'll look into this more, and try out using the certificates from cPanel!

Just to clarify though, I do have certificates from letsencrypt, and they seem to be working outside of the network just fine, as I'm able to get a secure connect to both, OnlyOffice server as well as NextCloud outside of the network.

I'll report back once I've tested cPanel certificates!

Well I broke my NC docker.  Now getting the 

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 7.4.14.

I tried the manual upgrade process via the terminal but it just does this:

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
Last login: Fri Jan 22 20:06:47 -0600 2021 on /dev/pts/0.
root@unRaidServer:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bash
root@5b88b245dc63:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on
This version of Nextcmv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backuprrently running 7.4.14.root@5b88b245dc63:/# mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backup
root@5b88b245dc63:/# 

Any quick fixes or did I really jack this one up?

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.You are currently running 7.4.14.

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.Last login: Fri Jan 22 20:06:47 -0600 2021 on /dev/pts/0.root@unRaidServer:~# docker exec -it nextcloud bashroot@5b88b245dc63:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --onThis version of Nextcmv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backuprrently running 7.4.14.root@5b88b245dc63:/# mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backuproot@5b88b245dc63:/# 

Have you updated the docker? The newer docker have php 7.4

10 hours ago, ps2sunvalley said:

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
root@5b88b245dc63:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on
This version of Nextcmv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backuprrently running 7.4.14.root@5b88b245dc63:/# mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backup

Iv got the same problem, tried the manual updated from here - https://forums.unraid.net/topic/48383-support-linuxserverio-nextcloud/ but unable to update through multiple versions. Tried going from 17 to 18 following this but same issue

I'm having hard time setting up PreviewGenerator. I'm following this great guide, and when i try to run 

occ config:app:set previewgenerator widthSizes  --value="256 384"

i'm getting 

Too many arguments to "config:app:set" command, expected arguments "app" "name".                                                                                     
config:app:set [--output [OUTPUT]] [--value VALUE] [--update-only] [--] <app> <name>

I have found issue on github, that says to run the command as an abc user. But then i get that abc user is not it the sudoers file.

I also opened an issue on github but didn't have any activity from someone who knows. I can't find out if this is a problem of the Preview Generator or of the LSIO docker.

Any ideas?

Hey Everyone!

I ask some help with getting this thing working via http. I did a -p8080:80 extra parameter, but It always redirects to https.

When i want to map the nextcloud data dir with webdav, I get asked for certs and i want to avoid that.

Edited by KrisMin

I am trying to set up the email server in nextcloud, but I get the following error:

A problem occurred while sending the email. Please revise your settings. (Error: Expected response code 250 but got code "501", with message "501 Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s) ")

I have doubled checked that the email server settings are correct and work (I also use them with another docker and it works)

Any suggestions?

10 hours ago, KrisMin said:

I ask some help with getting this thing working via http. I did a -p8080:80 extra parameter, but It always redirects to https.

When i want to map the nextcloud data dir with webdav, I get asked for certs and i want to avoid that.

The issue was with windows explorer, which does not accept a self signed certificate. I got it working with FileZilla.
However, it looks like webdav is considerably slower in moving files than a mapped external drive copy inside the nextcloud. The latter has other issues, like not being able to copy several files or directories at once and gives an error if multiple directories are put to copy/move. So I stick to webdav and FileZilla combo, which seems to be working without any issues. Just takes a bit more time, which is fine by me. Besides, FileZilla has useful built in rules in case a version of a same file already exists in destination - like "overwrite if a version is newer".

Edited by KrisMin
On 1/23/2021 at 3:29 AM, ps2sunvalley said:

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.

Hello, 

If you were running nextcloud 17; like me you didn't keep nextcloud up to date, version 17 is not officially compatible with php 7.4. By chance the upgrade scripts do run on php 7.4. (revert back to the previous version if you tried to pdate manually); 

If you are runnning an even earlier version of nextcloud, this will probably not work; 

You should do a backup of the database as well before attemting this, as if one of the upgrade scripts fails because of the php version your database will be in a strange half migrated state. So try this to your own risk. 

I did the following: 

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

This updated my nextcloud to version 17. But it couldn't run the upgrade scripts. By chance the upgrade scripts of v17 works with php 7.4.

Open up appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\lib\versioncheck.php and remove everything beside the <?php at the first line 

Now run the upgrade script

docker exec -it nextcloud occ upgrade

Disable maintenance mode 

docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --off

Now re-run, 

docker exec -it nextcloud occ upgrade

until there is no update left.

Hope it helps, ; 

The best way to actually do it, would be by changing the image to get an older version; then run the upgrades; then update the image again. I couldn't bother with that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 1/22/2021 at 3:30 PM, REllU said:

I'll look into this more, and try out using the certificates from cPanel!

Just to clarify though, I do have certificates from letsencrypt, and they seem to be working outside of the network just fine, as I'm able to get a secure connect to both, OnlyOffice server as well as NextCloud outside of the network.

I'll report back once I've tested cPanel certificates!

FYI I just successfully reinstalled the OnlyOffice integration with nextcloud. I was getting an error when trying to connect to the Onlyoffice server in nextcloud. Looking at the OnlyOffice docker log I found out that it was due to a certificate error. Finally I was able to solve it by following these steps:

1. Open the console on the container
2. browse to /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/default.json
3. Set 'rejectUnauthorized' to false

Maybe it could solve your issue as well.

Is there a simple way to fix this warning? In the Nextcloud Overview page.

"

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running 'occ db:convert-filecache-bigint' those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this.

filecache_extended.fileid

"

A few days ago, after updating it in the usual way (update in the docker tab) and I also got the "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 7.4.14." issue, like more people in this thread.

A day earlier I suddenly couldn't access my Unraid UI anymore after updating some plugins and dockers, even though everything else worked (dockers, shares etc), so I had to reboot (after 266 days of uptime 😭) to fix it magically.

I also jumped over from Let'sEncrypt to Swag using SpaceInvaderOne's video, thinking that might've been the issue. During that I saw that where he changed the config.php of Nextcloud, mine doesn't have the "trusted_proxies" line. I doubt it is, but could this be related?

AFAIK I have the latest version of this docker. (had an update today)

Was anyone able to fix this issue?

Just for the nerd in me: The error mentions that nextcloud is incompatible with PHP 7.3 and that I'm running 7.4.14.. What is the problem then? I would understand it if I was running PHP 7.3, but it mentions a lower version then I'm running. Why would it not work? Is it a config-line somewhere that forces nextcloud to run in 7.3, while it isn't compatible with it?

1 hour ago, FooYoungHi said:

A few days ago, after updating it in the usual way (update in the docker tab) and I also got the "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 7.4.14." issue, like more people in this thread.

A day earlier I suddenly couldn't access my Unraid UI anymore after updating some plugins and dockers, even though everything else worked (dockers, shares etc), so I had to reboot (after 266 days of uptime 😭) to fix it magically.

I also jumped over from Let'sEncrypt to Swag using SpaceInvaderOne's video, thinking that might've been the issue. During that I saw that where he changed the config.php of Nextcloud, mine doesn't have the "trusted_proxies" line. I doubt it is, but could this be related?

AFAIK I have the latest version of this docker. (had an update today)

Was anyone able to fix this issue?

Just for the nerd in me: The error mentions that nextcloud is incompatible with PHP 7.3 and that I'm running 7.4.14.. What is the problem then? I would understand it if I was running PHP 7.3, but it mentions a lower version then I'm running. Why would it not work? Is it a config-line somewhere that forces nextcloud to run in 7.3, while it isn't compatible with it?

What version of Nextcloud you running? 
Settings > Overview > Version